Skip to main content

No offense intended LD. You are correct. I've engaged many of the board regulars for a while and know how certain discussions will progress no matter what you say.

This is much fresher for you, so I do apologize if you felt like I was attempting to police you. I hoped the cartoon would indicate some mirth.

Fab - if you had read the entire thread, you would see I asked Khalliqa to stop first. What did I do to you to draw these random digs?

Khalliqa - daz
quote:
Originally posted by ddouble:
No offense intended LD. You are correct. I've engaged many of the board regulars for a while and know how certain discussions will progress no matter what you say.

This is much fresher for you, so I do apologize if you felt like I was attempting to police you. I hoped the cartoon would indicate some mirth.

Fab - if you had read the entire thread, you would see I asked Khalliqa to stop first. What did I do to you to draw these random digs?

Khalliqa - daz


None taken and as I told Fab I know you gotz your eyez on the prize... so me being the supporter of Black progress that I am I wish you all the best...So unless Khalliqa wants to contest anything I've said I shall be moving on...
Before I move on from this topic I believe I should leave on a positive note and clarify one last thing...I know it might have appeared that I was harsh on Khalliqa but it's not because I don't think she has a right to feel insecure about certain things. Khalliqa is Black woman (a dark skinned one at that) who had to grow up hearing things like "you are beautiful to be so dark" or other back handed compliments like that...I understand her pain because I am the brother to dark skinned beautiful sisters who experienced the same thing...I even experienced similar things myself growing up before dark skinned dudes were "in style". The reason I came down on her the way I did is because I believe she is a very intelligent woman who is much more than her pain is showing her to be...and I see her not being honest with herself and allowing her pain and insecurity to cloud and poison her attitutes towards men and our desires.

Having said that she does have a right to be insecure and we Black men should take note that when we only praise certain attributes in our women like Big Butts, Breasts, Thighs, ect... other black women who are not built this way but are petite (like Khalliqa) take note and internalize this. We should value all of our Black women because they live in a world that constantly devalues them (or only values them for certain things) and I understand that. Personally, even though I like curvy women I think petite women are very beautiful to...In fact it is slimmer women who mostly possess the smooth bellies I like to see on a woman so in some ways I may prefer them.
quote:
Fab - if you had read the entire thread, you would see I asked Khalliqa to stop first. What did I do to you to draw these random digs?


Ok. so you asked Khalliqa to 'stop' 10 days ago. my bad. I was wrong. sorry.

but wouldn't it be easier to simply skip the thread as opposed to controlling a response? 19 just a thought.

And, ftr...

I don't do 'digs'... I pretty much say what I mean and mean what I say (with one exception).
quote:
for I know that he is but only performing the duties contained within his current job description as "The Watcher"... not to mention a trial run for his aspirations to be promoted to "head moderator in charge"...I ain't mad at him.


Well, you're exactly right (& too funny) but if 'he' is going to control board discussions, I'm out! It was very nice meeting ya. hug
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
ohhhhh papi I just love it when you call me insecure cause I don't like porn..

and my goodness.. the smooth belly comment was really classy...

you so sweet.. very positive message...!

hug


I sure hope that this rather pedestrian attempt at sarcasm is not meant to in anyway be a denial by you that you are indeed insecure...You and I both know this is not about you not liking "porn" so you should stop using that as your smokescreen. This is about your overzealous aversion to Mans attraction to the female form no matter how benign...Case in point look at how you had a problem with what I said about appreciating a smooth belly on a woman...now this wasn't even a sexual reference it has more to do with aesthetics...Yet you are trying to somehow imply that this is not classy (which I happen to think it is) Anyway, if you are going to even have problems with things such as this... you are in for a very bitter existence as it relates to your interactions with men for the rest of your life...I know at first I told you that considering Men to be your enemies was foolish...However, now that I think about it I believe that maybe that would be best for you seeing as how this line of thinking is where you appear to be most comfortable.
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:
quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
ohhhhh papi I just love it when you call me insecure cause I don't like porn..

and my goodness.. the smooth belly comment was really classy...

you so sweet.. very positive message...!

hug


I sure hope that this rather pedestrian attempt at sarcasm


Why I do declare! awww sweetums don't accuse me of sarcasm! *pout*

quote:
Case in point look at how you had a problem with what I said about appreciating a smooth belly on a woman...now this wasn't even a sexual reference it has more to do with aesthetics...


Guilty! aw man you caught me.. you know what? It's really because my belly is VERY bloated and ugly.. and then you mentioned smooth belly and whatnot.. and *sigh* I don't know my latent insecurity regarding my ugly belly just.. just.. came up..

please forgive me pookie..

flowers


quote:
Yet you are trying to somehow imply that this is not classy (which I happen to think it is)


You're right.. mentioning how you like thin women with smooth bellies is way classy..

WAY...

tfro

quote:
I know at first I told you that considering Men to be your enemies was foolish...However, now that I think about it I believe that maybe that would be best for you seeing as how this line of thinking is where you appear to be most comfortable.


I know.. I know... and you've done such a good job of redeeming the male species by defending men's right to objectify women...

Does this mean you won't be addressing the whole objectifying women/ porn issue anymore?


*muah*
quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Khalliqa:

[QUOTE] I sure hope that this rather pedestrian attempt at sarcasm


Why I do declare! awww sweetums don't accuse me of sarcasm! *pout*


Actually, I'm accusing you of a pedestrian ATTEMPT at sarcasm...there is a difference. While we're at it I'm also accusing you (justifiably so) of being both dishonest and disingenuous. The best example of this is how when you quote me you are conveniently leaving out the crux of my statements and not responding to them altogether such as...

"You and I both know this is not about you not liking "porn" so you should stop using that as your smokescreen. This is about your overzealous aversion to Mans attraction to the female form no matter how benign."

Anyway, I fully comprehend that it is only your underlying pain and your inability to face up to it that prevents you from addressing statements like this so I really don't expect you to...I just wanted to make it clear to you that I noticed your consistent avoidance.




quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
quote:
Case in point look at how you had a problem with what I said about appreciating a smooth belly on a woman...now this wasn't even a sexual reference it has more to do with aesthetics...


Guilty! aw man you caught me.. you know what? It's really because my belly is VERY bloated and ugly.. and then you mentioned smooth belly and whatnot.. and *sigh* I don't know my latent insecurity regarding my ugly belly just.. just.. came up..

please forgive me pookie..

flowers


This may very well be the one instance where you are not attempting sarcasm so you are forgiven... So besides your belly being "VERY bloated and ugly" does it also have stretch marks, varicose veins, bullet/stab wounds, keloids and C section scars?...I mean you may as well tell the whole truth since we're itemizing...



quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
quote:
Yet you are trying to somehow imply that this is not classy (which I happen to think it is)


You're right.. mentioning how you like thin women with smooth bellies is way classy..

WAY...

tfro


See we both have different views of what we deem classy and that's fine...I may think that a woman dressed casually yet revealing a little belly that she's worked hard to keep in shape is classy...while you may think she is a slut who should go cover herself from head to toe in a burqa. Or you may think that it's classy for a woman to come to message boards and reveal what she's attracted to in men... yet criticize both men and women for doing the same thing. You may also deem it classy that this same woman tries to cloak the aforementioned hypocrisy under the guise of moral virtue...where as I may view it as nothing more than a manifestation of her own deep seated pain and insecurity based on a hurtful past that she is not being honest enough with herself to face.



quote:
Originally posted by Khalliqa:
quote:
I know at first I told you that considering Men to be your enemies was foolish...However, now that I think about it I believe that maybe that would be best for you seeing as how this line of thinking is where you appear to be most comfortable.


I know.. I know... and you've done such a good job of redeeming the male species by defending men's right to objectify women...

Does this mean you won't be addressing the whole objectifying women/ porn issue anymore?


*muah*



My position for starting this thread was not based on a need to "redeem the male species" in your eyes (I'll leave that task up to whatever poor schmuck you ultimately end up with) at first I earnestly wanted to help you understand things from a masculine perspective in an honest way...I felt that since you were familiar with my views on certain things and the fact that you've never known me to disrespect women... I had the credibility to be able to address you on this subject without you thinking it was my attempt to justify "objectifying women" or supporting "porn" and "pimping"....I guess I miscalculated and underestimated your pain, dishonesty and cynicism ...unlike the "phoenix rising" in your avatar I viewed you as a wounded bird that fell out of her nest...I reached out my hand to help but with your cynical accusations you "pecked" at me...I attempted to place you gentilly in my palm by acknowledging your pain...but with your dishonestly and attempted sarcasm you leave bird droppings. So now the only thing to do is leave you where I found you a wounded bird lying in wait for a cat to come that would warrant your defensiveness.

To your last question regarding whether I will address this issue anymore... maybe not. It isn't because I didn't find this interesting it's just that my time is precious and I feel the statements I make on these boards should be weighted towards helping us as a whole and not focusing on just one persons issues...At any rate I wish you the best in dealing with these things...



Good day
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:

To your last question regarding whether I will address this issue anymore... maybe not. It isn't because I didn't find this interesting it's just that my time is precious and I feel the statements I make on these boards should be weighted towards helping us as a whole and not focusing on just one persons issues...At any rate I wish you the best in dealing with these things...


Good day


Bye pookie! flowers

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×