MoveOn members have been at the forefront of pushing for expanded access to Medicaid since 2012 and thousands of members have participated in the drive to stop the Republican Medicaid Blockade this year alone.
Now that we've grown a national network of members who are passionate about this issue, we need to keep the momentum going. That's why we're awarding mini-grants for teams of MoveOn members running creative campaigns to expand Medicaid in their states.
Submit information about your team and the details of your campaign strategy for a chance to win $500, a MoveOn Medicaid banner, and a set of MoveOn Medicaid T-shirts. Use the application to the right and submit by Thursday, June 12, at 8 p.m. ET.
MEDICAID CAMPAIGN STRATEGY GRANTEES WILL:
- Run an active campaign to expand access to Medicaid in their states (directly, through candidate pressure, etc.)
- Join monthly MoveOn member calls for campaign updates, ally engagement, and planning.
- Work with a Medicaid Strategy Team Facilitator to execute creative tactics that advance the goal of increasing Medicaid access.
- Become part of a cohort of grantees who support one another, share lessons learned, and engage in coordinated action together to build a powerful and nurturing movement.
ELIGIBLE GRANT CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be committed to organizing and learning with other people to bring an end to the Republican Medicaid Blockade.
- Be an independent activist or a member of an organization with a budget of no more than $50,000.
- Be part of an existing campaign or have a proposal for a strategic campaign that would benefit from the resources provided by the Medicaid Campaign Strategy Grant.
MoveOn will select the applicants that are awarded grants, based on MoveOn's evaluation of the merits of each application, in MoveOn's sole and absolute discretion.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.