Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by virtue:


Sigh... I never thought I'd ever say this but..... dang! With all of the trouble many sistas find with finding a black man that will appreciate them.... dang.... maybe it's time to look elsewhere....



Virtue



Don't worry, Virtue. If my experience with black women means anything, there are enough black men around to make a lot of sistas feel they can act a fool and run through as many of us as they feel like. Frown

Was that Roger Ebert or a wax dummy?
Robin Givens's man couldn't be American. She had to get a foreign dude. If she can (allegedly) take a punch from Mike Tyson Roll Eyes and she, her mom AND Don King take his money, what black guy (hell, what AMERICAN guy of any race) would want to get with her after her divorce?

That's Robin's mail order husband.
quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
protest Btw, I don't think I would add Woody Allen and Soon Yi on the list. Yes, they're interracial, but come on. Soon Yi is Woody's step-daughter/wife. He adopted her, had sex with her, then married her and sired a child with her. Ewww!

She's screwed for life. She's her own grandmother now!


"You can dog and diss michael jackson all you wanna/ but woody allen molested then married his step-daughter/ the same press dogging michael's name/ show woody and soon yi at a playoff game" - Mos Def tfro
quote:
Originally posted by detroit1:
quote:
Originally posted by virtue:


With all of the trouble many sistas find with finding a black man that will appreciate them.... dang.... maybe it's time to look elsewhere....



The deceptive rhetoric continues......


I'm waiting for these same women to blame black men for global warming, the Iraq war, world hunger and any other negative connotation as to why some black women venture off into a cesspool of anti-Black male propaganda.
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Yes this was an interesting thread.

What i notice is that, these black women are different in every way, but found love............and seem to be getting married.

Some are light skin, dark skin, over weight, athletic, short hair, long hair, etc...............and these men are not complaining!!

I love it!!! appl


How do you know it's "love"?

How do you know these *men* aren't using these women for their own superficial agenda?
quote:
Originally posted by virtue:


Sigh... I never thought I'd ever say this but..... dang! With all of the trouble many sistas find with finding a black man that will appreciate them.... dang.... maybe it's time to look elsewhere....



Virtue



Aw man, this is hilarious, because this past week, one of my colleagues, who is a published writer and economics professor; and is an African woman (Nigerian;hope she does'nt come to this site; yikes!), has intimated to me that she has met a caucasian male on line (match. com) and has suggested that I do likewise. I have 'a friend', but, she is pushing THIS. She met my friend and told me I could do better. wth! Anyway, I am curious, because she appears to be quite 'pleased' with her internet 'catch'. She met another caucasian male online, who wanted to marry her and move her to Tanzania! What in the world! This African woman and several of her 'sisters' from the continent, are all online with this objective. She is attempting to push me in this direction. She was married to an African man, had two beautiful children (now college age), and she says she wants 'more'. Whatever her definition of more is. She tried to get me to go with her to see ' Something New', and told me how much she enjoyed it. That it is the way for Black/African/American women to go. I told her, men are essentially men, and white men have that extra historical 'baggage' as far as I am concerned. I have met several caucasian males at work, gone out with two; and the jury is deliberating. I have known two other African American women (associates of mine) who met two men online (one caucasian; the other African American) and, they took the chance, met them, dated, and married/moved in with them. Halle Berry's guy is gorgeous; as is Robin Given's. Is'nt Given's guy Antonio Sabato? Anyway, my childhood'dream' for the African cultural utopia, is not to be. I mean, maybe it was just me, and a few of my close female friends, but we had this notion of a Black man for every 'sister', and a Black woman for every 'brother'; but as I've been seeing, non-black women have themselves at times four and five 'brothers' at once, and the 'sisters 0,zilch, nada.
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Yes this was an interesting thread.

What i notice is that, these black women are different in every way, but found love............and seem to be getting married.

Some are light skin, dark skin, over weight, athletic, short hair, long hair, etc...............and these men are not complaining!!

I love it!!! appl


How do you know it's "love"?

How do you know these *men* aren't using these women for their own superficial agenda?


Why would you assume that it isn't for love? Do you imagine somehow that these Black women aren't worthy of love?
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Yes this was an interesting thread.

What i notice is that, these black women are different in every way, but found love............and seem to be getting married.

Some are light skin, dark skin, over weight, athletic, short hair, long hair, etc...............and these men are not complaining!!

I love it!!! appl


How do you know it's "love"?

How do you know these *men* aren't using these women for their own superficial agenda?


Let me answer your question with a question..........

What makes you think they are not in love.........?

If they get married, family etc.....then who am i to dispute it?

My hopes are to find a black man that i can love, and give him several gifts, of beautiful black babies..............but if black men are not desiring this, what should i do?
What black man (in his right mind) wouldn't desire you, or these celebrities? Stop Playin!!!

As I was saying, Heather Headley disappoints because of her song 'He is'. I ass(umed) that(maybe because of the video) she was talking about a strong black man. Not this.....?
Anyhow, that one bites. I mean look at her, she's like pro-sista, and he's....well, "one of these (____) is not like the other one"

Her song used to send chills down my spine. This image ruined it for me Frown
quote:
Originally posted by ricardomath:


Why would you assume that it isn't for love? Do you imagine somehow that these Black women aren't worthy of love?[/QUOTE]

1. There are some conversations white folk don't need to be involved in.

2. Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to justify or explain the inner relationships between black men and black women to a white person. I stopped doing that long ago.
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:
quote:
Originally posted by ricardomath:

Why would you assume that it isn't for love? Do you imagine somehow that these Black women aren't worthy of love?


1. There are some conversations white folk don't need to be involved in.

2. Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to justify or explain the inner relationships between black men and black women to a white person. I stopped doing that long ago.


Alright then, why don't you explain it to the rest of us? Why do you assume that it isn't for love?
I'm reasonably sure that you don't think these black women are unworthy of love, so what is it?
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:

1. There are some conversations white folk don't need to be involved in.


That may be, but this particular thread wouldn't seem to be one of those conversations.

quote:
2. Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to justify or explain the inner relationships between black men and black women to a white person. I stopped doing that long ago.


I thought that you were explaining inner relationships between black women and white men.
quote:
Originally posted by ricardomath:
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:

1. There are some conversations white folk don't need to be involved in.


That may be, but this particular thread wouldn't seem to be one of those conversations.


I've found that conversations white folk don't need to be involved in simply don't interest them. If they're interested, for whatever reason, then they need to be involved.

Besides, this thread is about inter-racial couples. It would seem that ricardomath has an experienced perspective.
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:
2. Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to justify or explain the inner relationships between black men and black women to a white person. I stopped doing that long ago.


Hell, maybe somebody needs to explain the inner relationship between black women and black men to me. As far as I can see. There isn't one Frown
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:Let me answer your question with a question..........

What makes you think they are not in love.........?

If they get married, family etc.....then who am i to dispute it?

My hopes are to find a black man that i can love, and give him several gifts, of beautiful black babies..............but if black men are not desiring this, what should i do?


I don't know if they're committed or not...neither do you. That was my point. You based your assumption of 'love' on a photograph. You were reading into things. How two people inner act in public may be something totally different in private. However I can say with certainty...from my own observations and life experiences...the few black women i've encountered who may head down that unforgiveable road of no return do so not for love but superficial rationale as I stated earlier... while perpetuate double standards in black men vs white men of dating/marriage material. I can elaborate but do you really want me too?

What do you mean by "if black men are not desiring this"? I see Black men desiring black women everyday. I see Black men marrying and having children with black women everyday. What planet are you from? This is the same scripted crapola I hear from a few disgruntled women who make excuses for their short-comings in the dating scene...and their self-hatred and emotional insecurities often exaserbates the problem. The defeatist psyche of some women always pollutes the minds of many. I'm sick of it! Honestly those same women who make excuses should take a hard look at themselves. More often than not they are the problem and not black men they frequently chastise.

You may find this strange but, black women I date don't have any issues with black men. Nor do they ever say they can't find good black men. However, I find it repugnant when I hear a black woman publically tear down black men (especially in the company of non-black people) and complain about black male ineligibility e.g., there are no good black men, can't find eligible black men etc.

In my lifetime I can say with absolute certainty that I have never ever, ever, ever, heard any white or asian woman say all white or asian men are dogs, or they can't find a good man of their own race. Nor do I know of or ever heard of any white or asian woman who's been in a sour relationship ever say they no longer desire to date or marry men of their own race. This phenomenom is only prevalent among black people. Why? A white man can murder his pregnant wife, sever her head off and throw her body in the ocean over a extramarital affair yet white women still love white men nor will they abandon white men. A black man repossess his credit card from a black woman and suddenly all black men are no good dogs. Go figure.

Lastly, I find it disturbing it wasn't too long ago white men systematically raped black women for sport... for power... the same women that belong to a race who were labeled 3/5 human by those who were doing the raping. I wonder if black women take comfort in knowing a system of supremacy is indoctrinated towards white male privilege which is the same system that destroys black families and black male masculinity? I also wonder if black women who erase high standards for non-black men do so with the assumption of non-black men courting black women unconditionally out of good faith? Not likely. It's not everyday a snivelling white man from the burbs courts a black tennis player from Compton....unless he has something to gain other than "love."
quote:
Originally posted by Dissident:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:Let me answer your question with a question..........

What makes you think they are not in love.........?

If they get married, family etc.....then who am i to dispute it?

My hopes are to find a black man that i can love, and give him several gifts, of beautiful black babies..............but if black men are not desiring this, what should i do?


I don't know if they're committed or not...neither do you. That was my point. You based your assumption of 'love' on a photograph. You were reading into things. How two people inner act in public may be something totally different in private. However I can say with certainty...from my own observations and life experiences...the few black women i've encountered who may head down that unforgiveable road of no return do so not for love but superficial rationale as I stated earlier... while perpetuate double standards in black men vs white men of dating/marriage material. I can elaborate but do you really want me too?

What do you mean by "if black men are not desiring this"? I see Black men desiring black women everyday. I see Black men marrying and having children with black women everyday. What planet are you from? This is the same scripted crapola I hear from a few disgruntled women who make excuses for their short-comings in the dating scene...and their self-hatred and emotional insecurities often exaserbates the problem. The defeatist psyche of some women always pollutes the minds of many. I'm sick of it! Honestly those same women who make excuses should take a hard look at themselves. More often than not they are the problem and not black men they frequently chastise.

You may find this strange but, black women I date don't have any issues with black men. Nor do they ever say they can't find good black men. However, I find it repugnant when I hear a black woman publically tear down black men (especially in the company of non-black people) and complain about black male ineligibility e.g., there are no good black men, can't find eligible black men etc.

In my lifetime I can say with absolute certainty that I have never ever, ever, ever, heard any white or asian woman say all white or asian men are dogs, or they can't find a good man of their own race. Nor do I know of or ever heard of any white or asian woman who's been in a sour relationship ever say they no longer desire to date or marry men of their own race. This phenomenom is only prevalent among black people. Why? A white man can murder his pregnant wife, sever her head off and throw her body in the ocean over a extramarital affair yet white women still love white men nor will they abandon white men. A black man repossess his credit card from a black woman and suddenly all black men are no good dogs. Go figure.

Lastly, I find it disturbing it wasn't too long ago white men systematically raped black women for sport... for power... the same women that belong to a race who were labeled 3/5 human by those who were doing the raping. I wonder if black women take comfort in knowing a system of supremacy is indoctrinated towards white male privilege which is the same system that destroys black families and black male masculinity? I also wonder if black women who erase high standards for non-black men do so with the assumption of non-black men courting black women unconditionally out of good faith? Not likely. It's not everyday a snivelling white man from the burbs courts a black tennis player from Compton....unless he has something to gain other than "love."


AMEN! tfro
Last edited {1}
"What do you mean by "if black men are not desiring this"? I see Black men desiring black women everyday. I see Black men marrying and having children with black women everyday. What planet are you from? This is the same scripted crapola I hear from a few disgruntled women who make excuses for their short-comings in the dating scene...and their self-hatred and emotional insecurities often exaserbates the problem. The defeatist psyche of some women always pollutes the minds of many. I'm sick of it! Honestly those same women who make excuses should take a hard look at themselves. More often than not they are the problem and not black men they frequently chastise."



Dissident....


I've mentioned on this board, that in my area.........TONS of black men are dating white women.

I've also mentioned that those that visit this city, are oftened shocked that this is taking place. (I went to a concert, Mike Epps, said he couldnt believe how many MEN date interracially here)

I went to a club last weekend......and stood around as black men........ran behind the white women. The club was filled with black men/white women. (ohh and believe me.......not to be vain, but i was on point! It didnt matter) I left!!

These pro ball players, entertainers....ALL have white wives, etc.........this went on for years, and NO ONE complained, except black women. (You mentioned the William sisters, who was called every name in the book. At least they interact with others that are on their level, financially. What male ball player do you know do the same?)

On this board.....several black men have stated that they date white women.

Now with all of this going on........what did you think was going to happen? (What happened was....this allowed white men the right, to approach black women.......and it happens everyday.......trust)

I recalled a year ago, black women complaining about this, and black men making excuses........black women are fat, black, ugly, uneducated, loud, etc.

Black women got tired of hearing this, and moved on.

For the most part.......MOST black men are OK with dating I/R.......and i cant understand why you feel its OK for them..........but not ok for black women.

I've always dated black men......because deep in my heart, thats who i love, and im quite sure a lot of black women feel this way.

But after seeing all of this........what did you expect black women to do?
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
I've mentioned on this board, that in my area.........TONS of black men are dating white women.
...............
On this board.....several black men have stated that they date white women.

Now with all of this going on........what did you think was going to happen? (What happened was....this allowed white men the right, to approach black women.......and it happens everyday.......trust)


I don't know about where you live but where I live I don't see tons of black men dating white women.

And if I'm one of the people on thee boards you're talking about (dating white women), I'VE ALSO said that I've dated black women exclusively (EXCLUSIVELY - that is turning down everyone else) for the last few years. And if I've dated white women in the past, it's because I couldn't find a black woman who

1) Didn't have a major attitude problem about black men

2) Wasn't look for a 6 figure earning fancy car driving man

3) Wasn't looking for a 6 ft. tall guy with a little (or even a lot of) thug in him

4) Wasn't a Jesus freak from Mars

5) Just was plain not interested for whatever reason.

I repeat, I've EXCLUSIVELY dated black women for a few years now and its been the most depressing dating period of my life. I'm tired of this crap.

I'm not saying that I'm Denzel. I'm not chopped liver either. But DAAAAYUM. My experience seems to suggest that Sistas have some major damn problems too......
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
HonestBrother

I may be wrong.......and please excuse me if i am. (I'll look for the thread)

But didnt you mention that you DATE white women, because you cant find a decent black woman?

Confused

You have issues with black women dating/marrying white men?? Confused


You can date whoever you want. But don't do it on the basis of some BS (No good black men, etc). Do it because that's what you want to do.
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
I've mentioned on this board, that in my area.........TONS of black men are dating white women.
...............
On this board.....several black men have stated that they date white women.

Now with all of this going on........what did you think was going to happen? (What happened was....this allowed white men the right, to approach black women.......and it happens everyday.......trust)


I don't know about where you live but where I live I don't see tons of black men dating white women.

And if I'm one of the people on thee boards you're talking about (dating white women), I'VE ALSO said that I've dated black women exclusively (EXCLUSIVELY - that is turning down everyone else) for the last few years. And if I've dated white women in the past, it's because I couldn't find a black woman who

1) Didn't have a major attitude problem about black men

2) Wasn't look for a 6 figure earning fancy car driving man

3) Wasn't looking for a 6 ft. tall guy with a little (or even a lot of) thug in him

4) Wasn't a Jesus freak from Mars

5) Just was plain not interested for whatever reason.

I repeat, I've EXCLUSIVELY dated black women for a few years now and its been the most depressing dating period of my life. I'm tired of this crap.

I'm not saying that I'm Denzel. I'm not chopped liver either. But DAAAAYUM. My experience seems to suggest that Sistas have some major damn problems too......




So i can say the same about you, that Dissident, is saying about black women........??

Youre making excuses!!! ???????
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
I've mentioned on this board, that in my area.........TONS of black men are dating white women.
...............
On this board.....several black men have stated that they date white women.

Now with all of this going on........what did you think was going to happen? (What happened was....this allowed white men the right, to approach black women.......and it happens everyday.......trust)


I don't know about where you live but where I live I don't see tons of black men dating white women.

And if I'm one of the people on these boards you're talking about (dating white women), I'VE ALSO said that I've dated black women exclusively (EXCLUSIVELY - that is turning down everyone else) for the last few years. And if I've dated white women in the past, it's because I couldn't find a black woman who

1) Didn't have a major attitude problem about black men

2) Wasn't look for a 6 figure earning fancy car driving man

3) Wasn't looking for a 6 ft. tall guy with a little (or even a lot of) thug in him

4) Wasn't a Jesus freak from Mars

5) Just was plain not interested for whatever reason.

I repeat, I've EXCLUSIVELY dated black women for a few years now and its been the most depressing dating period of my life. I'm tired of this crap.

I'm not saying that I'm Denzel. I'm not chopped liver either. But DAAAAYUM. My experience seems to suggest that Sistas have some major damn problems too......




So i can say the same about you, that Dissident, is saying about black women........??

Youre making excuses!!! ???????


I'm not making excuses. I'm telling you honestly about my real world life experience. EVERY time I go near a sista it seems like I should expect the same outcome. NADA. And I've gone out with more than 20 people (black women) in the last few years. I look back at my life and I see that I have a much better track record dating white women. And I have to seriously asking myself what the hell is the matter.

I'm serious. I DON'T KNOW. This shit DRIVES ME CRAZY.

I just met this sista a week ago. And I thought I'd finally hit pay dirt. I mean I was EXCITED. Even she said that I was the only guy she's met in the last 7 years she was really interested in dating. But no. Once again, there's a hitch.

WHAT'S GOING ON???? Frown

Then I have to sit back and listen to "There are no good black men", "Black men don't want us", etc., etc.

Bullshit. Based on my experience, I don't think that black men are the only ones with a problem. Because NONE of the things black women complain about apply in my case. I'm (very) educated, professional, decent looking (some say downright handsome), and serious about finding (preferably) a black woman for a longterm relationship. And I come up empty handed EVERY time. Even if I was doing something majorly wrong, statistically you'd still expect a better outcome. And the fact that I've had much better success with other ethnicities says I can't be doing anything THAT majorly wrong. My conclusion?: Brothas may have some major problems. But the reality - which black women refuse to face up to - is we're not alone.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
I went to a club last weekend......and stood around as black men........ran behind the white women. The club was filled with black men/white women. (ohh and believe me.......not to be vain, but i was on point! It didnt matter) I left!!

This is sad. I wish I lived in your town! I can honestly say I would never walk passed you in a club.

But, off, I've found that clubs aren't the best place to find quality women anyway. Not that they are not there, just that the entire environment is loaded with preconceptions that make it difficult to actually get to know someone, even superficially. I sure the same goes for men. Would you really want the attention of one of these men, under these circumstances?
quote:
Originally posted by Black Viking:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
I went to a club last weekend......and stood around as black men........ran behind the white women. The club was filled with black men/white women. (ohh and believe me.......not to be vain, but i was on point! It didnt matter) I left!!

This is sad. I wish I lived in your town! I can honestly say I would never walk passed you in a club.

But, off, I've found that clubs aren't the best place to find quality women anyway. Not that they are not there, just that the entire environment is loaded with preconceptions that make it difficult to actually get to know someone, even superficially. I sure the same goes for men. Would you really want the attention of one of these men, under these circumstances?


Excellent point. I never go looking for a quality date in a club.
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
These pro ball players, entertainers....ALL have white wives, etc.

I'd be very careful with the word "all". As Faheem pointed out on a previous thread on this topic, Michael Jordan is married to a Black woman.

quote:
On this board.....several black men have stated that they date white women.

They've also stated that they date Black women. No one to my knowledge has said that they exclusively date white women.

quote:
For the most part.......MOST black men are OK with dating I/R.......and i cant understand why you feel its OK for them..........but not ok for black women.

I think that the Black men who date I/R are OK with Black women doing it as well. I feel that Faheem and Dissident, and others who share their views are against I/R dating period. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys.

quote:
I've always dated black men......because deep in my heart, thats who i love, and im quite sure a lot of black women feel this way.

Pardon if I misunderstood your statement, but I don't think its neccessary for Black men to love you. You only need one good one. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Yes this was an interesting thread.

What i notice is that, these black women are different in every way, but found love............and seem to be getting married.

Some are light skin, dark skin, over weight, athletic, short hair, long hair, etc...............and these men are not complaining!!

I love it!!! appl


how do you know that 'these men are not complaining!!'...it's just a picture. Confused
Honest Brother.....

So this is what i gather........

When you make these statements.......these are because of your experiences. But when black women make these statements.............shes COMPLAINING.

Dont you think thats weird?

I dont make excuses, about why im single...........my only problem is that a lot black men are no longer interested in black women......me and other women, are feeling the brunt of this behavior.

But i keep telling you.......if you feel better about dating 'other' races, then do so!!!

I cant understand the problem???? Confused
Black Viking....

This is true.......finding a man in a club, is not the best thing to do. (although my parents met in a club).

So, i cant meet them in the club.......and i damn sure dont see black men on campus at school, so hopefully i'll bump into one, out of the blue. Smile

Now in answer to your other post........

Instead of saying ALL, i'll say MOST!!
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Honest Brother.....

So this is what i gather........

When you make these statements.......these are because of your experiences. But when black women make these statements.............shes COMPLAINING.

Dont you think thats weird?

I dont make excuses, about why im single...........my only problem is that a lot black men are no longer interested in black women......me and other women, are feeling the brunt of this behavior.

But i keep telling you.......if you feel better about dating 'other' races, then do so!!!

I cant understand the problem???? Confused


Qty, aren't you supposed to be in law school or something? Listening to what people ACTUALLY say - as opposed to putting YOUR words in their mouth - is a pretty important skill for a lawyer. Wouldn't you say?
quote:
Originally posted by RadioRaheem:
quote:
Originally posted by qty226:
Yes this was an interesting thread.

What i notice is that, these black women are different in every way, but found love............and seem to be getting married.

Some are light skin, dark skin, over weight, athletic, short hair, long hair, etc...............and these men are not complaining!!

I love it!!! appl


how do you know that 'these men are not complaining!!'...it's just a picture. Confused



Question....

Why are you so concerned with WHAT black women are doing...???

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×