Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that the Republicans are trying to get Cain as the candidate because they know that it would split the black vote. Because let's face it, we have some crazy ass conservative boot licking uncle tomming black americans would fully support Cain right now. The cat is out the bag, black people will never vote for another white candidate if they have a choice of voting for a black one, which would be the current POTUS.

It's been Mitt Romney from day one and now that the other candidates have politically stepped all over themselves (I think on purpose) then it's Romney vs President Obama and eventhough the right wing core Republicans don't really consider Romney as a true conservative, the Koch brothers are behind him & the major corporations are throwing big money his way (since he's what they really want) and the base will pull out all the stops and vote at the polls en masse (both legal and illegial) to elect him.

 

They want President Obama out and they will take anyone of those cndidates (whether they like him or not) to win the Presidency. Hell, if Spongebob Squarepants was a Republican and won the Republican nomination, They will vote for him.

 

For Republicans, it's not about who or their best interests...it's all about the win.

 

Democrats better be well prepared and extremely organized this 2012 election because I smell a second Bush/Gore "hanging chads/Supreme Court" all over again.

 

Republicans 2012......By any means necessary.

 

Quote by Yemaya: "I think that the Republicans are trying to get Cain as the candidate because they know that it would split the black vote".

 

White Republicans JUST LOVE Herman Cain but ask them if they would vote or him to run in the 2012 general election for President?.....Complete silence. It's too much of a "can't sleep at night, our world is completely upside down", pressurized moral decision for them to make (Black vs Black) and you're right, they actually think that Blacks will vote for Cain and acquire enough Black votes to win.

 

I told a tea party member you need to remember. Herman Cain is and always will be a Black man FIRST before he was a Republican. Maybe a hidden agenda?

 

Again, silence.

 

President Obama vs Herman Cain for POTUS....newest version of Black on Black crime for White folks. 

 

NOW that would be a hell of a general election!

Last edited by Cholly

I think that it is going to be Gingrich too because there are a lot of southern "Christians" that are not going to vote for a Mormon, and the fact that John Huntsman is too sane and intelligent for republicans, especially southern republicans, and since Herman Cain is really no more than a republican 'Hype' man (like Lil' John is for Rappers), that leaves no one else but Gingrich.  Besides, during and before his Bush years in Washington, Newt Gingrich did nothing but preach from the mountain top the most lower-based racial and racist politics and the most vile hate mongering rhetoric and political tactics you can imagine, so, that would be right up republicans' alley, especially where the republican (the most vile southern and/or otherwise racist republicans in America), the most vile racists in America.

Gingrich is an establishment Republican AND he's far right enough for the Tea party side.  He bridges the gap between the two of them.  His perceived intellect will soon start making Herman Cain's clownishness look bad to people who like Cain up till now.  And his staunchness as a right winger, coupled with his perceived consistency, will start to make Romney's core-less flip-flopping reputation look like a problem.  And as Cain starts to look like less of an option, and the other Tea Party types start dropping out, their support, and the fundraising that goes along with it, will flock to the right-winger left standing.  And to resolve the controversy between Gingrich and Paul Ryan, Gingrich will select Paul Ryan as his running mate.  This prediction comes with a money back guarantee!  AND a free Ginzu knife! 

I think its President Obama vs...........the economy and the general state of the nation (will we be at war with Iran if Isreal attacks Iran or Syria is attacked). There will be no further fiscal stimulus and the FED cannot lower interest rates more and the only thing they can do is deflate the dollar (inflation). The state of the economy in 2012 will be worse than 2011 by election time and we very well may be on the brink of a major war. In 2012 it will Obama's economy.....and Obama's wars....as seen by the general public.

 

Usually presidential elections are about the performance of the President.....not the opposition, unless its a year where the President cannot run for reelection.

What's particularly disturbing about the prospect of Gingrich being the nominee is that he's been publicly shown to be 'ethically bankrupt' in that, during his time of "public service" he's cheated on two wives, been married three times, tried to prosecute someone else extra-marital affairs while he, himself, was doing the same thing ... and had, during his time as a "public servant", a myriad of ethic violations leveled against him with respect to that service!! 

 

If Herman Cain is going to go down for "conduct unbecoming" .... then how or why can you hold someone UP who has done (and may be doing now) the same or worse things??? 

Why not prez obama against---- prez obama?

 

How many voters--and not just black---are dissatisfied with the handling of his first term? Juxtapose his rhetoric today (without qualifiers--meaning--just take'm for how they were presented,) with let's say, his campaign rhetoric to see if reality favors even a remote resemblance to the initial 'product' amerikkka thought she was getting?

   

If Black Folk don't know nothing else, They know that action speaks louder than words. Right? Hmm.

 

I'VE heard the krakkkas talk. And even most of THEM are shaking their heads.

 

I don't see why the republicans need endeavor to 'run' anybody at all actually, obama's given them everything they want....and then some stuff they THEMSELVES didn't even ask for!

 

I remember the look on john boehners face when obama extended the bush tax cuts to the rich. (it was a look I'LL never forget...a kinda 'Oh s*it! What the f*ck are you doin obama! kinda look.......)

 

I noticed it. Even some of the republicans are still stunned....don't believe it?

 

No problem. I do.

See what I mean?

 

--

Students Lose Zeal for Aiding Obama Again

--

“I don’t think so, no,” said Maureen Gregory, 23, a Las Vegas native who turned up at an interview at Madhouse Coffee loaded with buttons, T-shirts and posters from the campaign. “People in Nevada are really angry. I think Nevada is going to be red again in 2012, definitely.”

--

LAS VEGAS — For much of the presidential election of 2008, Barack Obama’s campaign was Emma Guerrero’s life. She was one of a dozen volunteers who showed up at an Obama campaign office here every night, taking time from her studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, to be part of what she still remembers as the most exciting period of her life.

 

It was largely because of Ms. Guerrero — and hundreds of other college students like her across the country — that Mr. Obama assembled a formidable machine that helped him roll to victory in 2008, a triumph that included putting Nevada into the Democratic column for the first time in 12 years.

“We did everything,” she said. “We went canvassing. Phone banking. Cleaning the offices. Taking out my bosses’ dry cleaning. Whatever they needed. It was such an amazing time because we all believed and wanted him to get elected.”

--

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11...ed=1&_r=3&hp

--

 

Action speaks louder than words.

“We did everything,” she said. “We went canvassing. Phone banking. Cleaning the offices. Taking out my bosses’ dry cleaning. Whatever they needed. It was such an amazing time because we all believed and wanted him to get elected.”

 

 Elected to do what?  I mean she didn't come out and say it...but! What? Eliminate the immigration laws that is spreading rapidly across America? Or was it putting Nevada on the map for once...without a mafia rap profile? And now you want my Prez to totally focus on Nevadas problem when there is soooooooo much on the plate.  Ri. dicu.  lous. I mean what do people EXPECT in less than 4 year?.  Hell it takes 4 years to graduate from a university, if one is not sabbotaged by life....so what?  You have no vision?  You have this fast food mentality?!!!  You supposed to a college bound critical thinking student!  Don't you know EVERYTHING is a process?  Including LIFE!  Well this is one person...one young person who is not being realistic about what is currently going on.  She doesn't have vision.  And wants everything to happen YESTERDAY. Well...sistagirl I hate to be the one to tell ya....but!  That's not how life works.  Despite what folks say....in order to gain anything...you must have patience.  I know you probably never heard of that word before....but!  That's what one needs to acquire anything worth its grain in salt.  I wouldn''t want things to happen too fast...cuz I would then know it wasn't thoroughly thought out and it is something too good to be true.  That's called wishful thinking....but!      

People do not vote without expectations. Politics is Quid Pro Quo....for those who don't know (like Koco &nbsp. Most people do not do something.....for nothing. If people went all out to get Obama elected.....they have expectations. That is just the way it works. I think some people, also, just wanted to take part in something historic....like electing the first black president. Thats something that they can tell their grand kids about decades from now. Been there done that. Now whats the new motivation?

Last edited by Noah The African
Originally Posted by roarin1:

And btw Sis ER, I didn't vote in the above poll, because YOU just may have left out the most important category of all....'none of the above'.

 

Just bein real.

--------------------------

LOL .... yeah, a bunch of y'all are 'cheatin' by not voting!!    I was wondering how the poll feature works .... but y'all won't play along to let me find out!!

 

And ..... sorry, Roarin .... but I didn't make up the poll .... or the answers!!   I gave it to you the way it was given to me!! 

Originally Posted by roarin1:

And btw Sis ER, I didn't vote in the above poll, because YOU just may have left out the most important category of all....'none of the above'.

 

Just bein real.

--------------------------

LOL .... yeah, a bunch of y'all are 'cheatin' by not voting!!    I was wondering how the poll feature works .... but y'all won't play along to let me find out!!

 

And ..... sorry, Roarin .... but I didn't make up the poll .... or the answers!!   I gave it to you the way it was given to me!! 

Noah the African wrote: 

 
People do not vote without expectations. Politics is Quid Pro Quo....for those who don't know (like Koco &nbsp. Most people do not do something.....for nothing. If people went all out to get Obama elected.....they have expectations. That is just the way it works. I think some people, also, just wanted to take part in something historic....like electing the first black president. Thats something that they can tell their grand kids about decades from now. Been there done that. Now whats the new motivation?
 
  Well...from a person who DON'T vote...you sure do EXPECT a lot.  So those folks who expect the unreasonable are setting themselves up.  Bottom line.  Didn't have all these unreasonable expectations with former Presidents....so why now? As a matter of fact, most of the white presidents did what the HELL they wanted...until some of 'em got caught.  Like Nixon.  So miss me with your bull...Brotha Noah.  It makes no sense.  Not a bit.  Just cuz you say it's so....doesn't mean it is.  And you may be right about that being a part of history.  Cuz this has never happen before....so why not.  But to say that folks vote with expectations...it is a misnomers cuz  usually folks are disappointed after they make their vote.  I don't know ANY election where a president was elected....and those who voted for him got what they expected.  Unless you're talking about whitefolks....and even then there has been big division.  So.  No my brotha that's not the way it works.  If so, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now....cuz the president would have LISTENED to the people's expectation of HIM and the country's role in war/politics/economy....instead of doing things on HIS OWN.  But! 

Noah the African wrote: 

 
People do not vote without expectations. Politics is Quid Pro Quo....for those who don't know (like Koco &nbsp. Most people do not do something.....for nothing. If people went all out to get Obama elected.....they have expectations. That is just the way it works. I think some people, also, just wanted to take part in something historic....like electing the first black president. Thats something that they can tell their grand kids about decades from now. Been there done that. Now whats the new motivation?
 
  Well...from a person who DON'T vote...you sure do EXPECT a lot.  So those folks who expect the unreasonable are setting themselves up.  Bottom line.  Didn't have all these unreasonable expectations with former Presidents....so why now? As a matter of fact, most of the white presidents did what the HELL they wanted...until some of 'em got caught.  Like Nixon.  So miss me with your bull...Brotha Noah.  It makes no sense.  Not a bit.  Just cuz you say it's so....doesn't mean it is.  And you may be right about that being a part of history.  Cuz this has never happen before....so why not.  But to say that folks vote with expectations...it is a misnomers cuz  usually folks are disappointed after they make their vote.  I don't know ANY election where a president was elected....and those who voted for him got what they expected.  Unless you're talking about whitefolks....and even then there has been big division.  So.  No my brotha that's not the way it works.  If so, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now....cuz the president would have LISTENED to the people's expectation of HIM and the country's role in war/politics/economy....instead of doing things on HIS OWN.  But! 

I have to say I am REALLY curious as to what people thought they were getting with "Candidate" Obama that they don't have in "President" Obama!??! 

 

I mean .... I understand some people had certain expectations of the President that he has not met ... but, it seems to me that those "expectations" were more made up in those people's heads .... and not something that the President, himself, ever promised or presented as the type of president he planned to be or the way he intended to govern!!

 

The "President" I see today is the "Candidate" I saw in 2008!!!   But, apparently, others heard/saw someone or something else!!  So, I'd be very interested to know where this "dissatisfaction" stems from!! 

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
quote:
[

I have to say I am REALLY curious as to what people thought they were getting with "Candidate" Obama that they don't have in "President" Obama!??! 

 

I mean .... I understand some people had certain expectations of the President that he has not met ... but, it seems to me that those "expectations" were more made up in those people's heads .... and not something that the President, himself, ever promised or presented as the type of president he planned to be or the way he intended to govern!!

 

The "President" I see today is the "Candidate" I saw in 2008!!!   But, apparently, others heard/saw someone or something else!!  So, I'd be very interested to know where this "dissatisfaction" stems from!!   






Lol.....thus is the origin of the malfuction. Canidates get elected for THINGS THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO DO. If he was not elected for things he said he was going to do.....then why was he elected.....just because he was black or just because he was a Democrat or just because he was "not Bush" or all of the above?

 

Take a look at this list. I don't know if the finding are updated real-time.....but it shows how expectations were created FROM THINGS HE SAID HE WOULD DO. Now....if you say you are going to do something and you know of the existance of an opposition party, meaning, we do not have one-party rule, then you cannot use the opposition party obstruction as an excuse. The opposition should have been calcuated when the canidate made the statements about what he was going to do if elected. Of course, he also claimed, as a canidate, that he had the ability to bring sides together. Obviously he was confident that he could overcome whatever prejudice or ill will existed in congress and the nation....and that is what he told the nation he would do if he got elected.

 

http://www.politifact.com/trut...ings/promise-broken/

Originally Posted by Noah The African:
Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
quote:
[

I have to say I am REALLY curious as to what people thought they were getting with "Candidate" Obama that they don't have in "President" Obama!??! 

 

I mean .... I understand some people had certain expectations of the President that he has not met ... but, it seems to me that those "expectations" were more made up in those people's heads .... and not something that the President, himself, ever promised or presented as the type of president he planned to be or the way he intended to govern!!

 

The "President" I see today is the "Candidate" I saw in 2008!!!   But, apparently, others heard/saw someone or something else!!  So, I'd be very interested to know where this "dissatisfaction" stems from!!   




Lol.....thus is the origin of the malfuction. Canidates get elected for THINGS THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO DO. If he was not elected for things he said he was going to do.....then why was he elected.....just because he was black or just because he was a Democrat or just because he was "not Bush" or all of the above?

 

Take a look at this list. I don't know if the finding are updated real-time.....but it shows how expectations were created FROM THINGS HE SAID HE WOULD DO. Now....if you say you are going to do something and you know of the existance of an opposition party, meaning, we do not have one-party rule, then you cannot use the opposition party obstruction as an excuse. The opposition should have been calcuated when the canidate made the statements about what he was going to do if elected. Of course, he also claimed, as a canidate, that he had the ability to bring sides together. Obviously he was confident that he could overcome whatever prejudice or ill will existed in congress and the nation....and that is what he told the nation he would do if he got elected.

 

http://www.politifact.com/trut...ings/promise-broken/

-------------------------

 

Does ANY of that answer my question?? 

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
Originally Posted by Noah The African:
Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
quote:
[

I have to say I am REALLY curious as to what people thought they were getting with "Candidate" Obama that they don't have in "President" Obama!??! 

 

I mean .... I understand some people had certain expectations of the President that he has not met ... but, it seems to me that those "expectations" were more made up in those people's heads .... and not something that the President, himself, ever promised or presented as the type of president he planned to be or the way he intended to govern!!

 

The "President" I see today is the "Candidate" I saw in 2008!!!   But, apparently, others heard/saw someone or something else!!  So, I'd be very interested to know where this "dissatisfaction" stems from!!   




Lol.....thus is the origin of the malfuction. Canidates get elected for THINGS THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO DO. If he was not elected for things he said he was going to do.....then why was he elected.....just because he was black or just because he was a Democrat or just because he was "not Bush" or all of the above?

 

Take a look at this list. I don't know if the finding are updated real-time.....but it shows how expectations were created FROM THINGS HE SAID HE WOULD DO. Now....if you say you are going to do something and you know of the existance of an opposition party, meaning, we do not have one-party rule, then you cannot use the opposition party obstruction as an excuse. The opposition should have been calcuated when the canidate made the statements about what he was going to do if elected. Of course, he also claimed, as a canidate, that he had the ability to bring sides together. Obviously he was confident that he could overcome whatever prejudice or ill will existed in congress and the nation....and that is what he told the nation he would do if he got elected.

 

http://www.politifact.com/trut...ings/promise-broken/

-------------------------

 

Does ANY of that answer my question?? 


 

No.,..because obviously these FACTS make your question rhetorical.

Sista ER wrote:  Does ANY of that answer my question??

 

  My sista....Noah NEVER answers the question asked of him.  He just goes on his rant of rhetorical devices merely to avoid and distract the obvious in his self-centered commentary.  He does this to me all the time which is WHY I stopped asking questions I KNOW he is NOT gonna answer.  I finally realized it is in NOT his behavior or nature to do so.  But!

Koco....you and ER ask rhetorical questions. You don't ask for an answer when you already have your mind made up, because unless someone answers in such a way to confirm what you concluded before you asked the question.....you will say that they are not answering the question. In other words......unless the person says WHAT YOU THINK.....they are avoiding asnwering the question....lol.

 

ER asked a question about "People" and their expectations. If I tell my kids that we are going to go Disney Land in February if they get all A's on their report card this trimester, I am setting an expectation. If they get all A's and February comes and goes without going to Disney Land and my kids are dissapointed.....is it not asnine to not understand where the expectation and dissapointment came from? I mean.....I set the condition and deal. Get all A's and you will go to Disney Land. I did not say "Maybe" or "Might" or "will Try if...". I said this is what I will do if they did their part. Hence, the fact that ER does not understand where expecations on Obama came from, given all the things he said HE WOULD DO IF PEOPLE ELECTED HIM (he did not say maybe, I will try or might) that he has not done....then she must be very uninformed.

 

He said he would do MANY things that he has not done and I presented a link of some of those things. That is why many of the people who voted for him are dissapointed. That answer her question as far as I am concerned. I cannot tell her from my own perspectivee because I never believed he would or could do sh!t....and certainly not the things he said he would do if elected. So I can only present the gaps between the things he said he would do and the things he has actually done.

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Kocolicious:

Sista ER wrote:  Does ANY of that answer my question??

 

  My sista....Noah NEVER answers the question asked of him.  He just goes on his rant of rhetorical devices merely to avoid and distract the obvious in his self-centered commentary.  He does this to me all the time which is WHY I stopped asking questions I KNOW he is NOT gonna answer.  I finally realized it is in NOT his behavior or nature to do so.  But!

==========================

You got that right, Ms. Koco!!!  Too many times, he turns his "answers" into something so convoluted and distorted from the issue that I'm surprised he doesn't confuse the hell outta himself while just trying to type it out!! 

 

No one else on this board doesn't "understand" a question more than Noah.  Answers and opinion come flying out of everybody else here .... but, Noah???  ALWAYS the one who's "confused" by what's being asked.

 

I figure he just doesn't answer questions because he just CAN'T!!!  He doesn't KNOW what the answer is.  Even when it's a question about what's going on inside his OWN head!! 

 

Which is really kinda frightening when you think about it!!! 

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
quote:
Originally Posted by Kocolicious:

Sista ER wrote:  Does ANY of that answer my question??

 

  My sista....Noah NEVER answers the question asked of him.  He just goes on his rant of rhetorical devices merely to avoid and distract the obvious in his self-centered commentary.  He does this to me all the time which is WHY I stopped asking questions I KNOW he is NOT gonna answer.  I finally realized it is in NOT his behavior or nature to do so.  But!

==========================

You got that right, Ms. Koco!!!  Too many times, he turns his "answers" into something so convoluted and distorted from the issue that I'm surprised he doesn't confuse the hell outta himself while just trying to type it out!! 

 

No one else on this board doesn't "understand" a question more than Noah.  Answers and opinion come flying out of everybody else here .... but, Noah???  ALWAYS the one who's "confused" by what's being asked.

 

I figure he just doesn't answer questions because he just CAN'T!!!  He doesn't KNOW what the answer is.  Even when it's a question about what's going on inside his OWN head!! 

 

Which is really kinda frightening when you think about it!!!   




Lol...you are hilarious ER. Cognative dissonance could be defined using your BS rhetoric as an example. I think it was the consensus, the last time you asked a stupid azz question......THAT IT WAS A STUPID AZZ QUESTION....lol. Of course, everyone was generally polite and beat around the bush (instead of saying your question was nonsensical&nbsp when you asked who would be a "blacker president than Obama"....paraphrasing that stupid azz sh!T. To make things more comotose, you have people in mind that you are really talking to and about.......but will not say it for some other stupid azz reason. Yet.....despite all the problems people have with your convoluted, riddled, amorphous, rhetorical, obfuscated and "projection" BS.....masked as a question.....you still refuse to see that damn brain of yours.....as the origin of the malfunction.

 

In the end.....you can only find comfort and solace in the arms of another cognitive dissonance suffering azz Negro....Koco! You two f'kn made for each other. If only you were lesbians....you could marry.

Last edited by Noah The African

 @Noah! Oh so…now you wanna INSULT cuz you are CLEARLY unable to respond with something logical or remotely intelligent to support your viewpoint.  But!  That’s what azz-wipe backward nothing in the head  kneegrows do.  Instead of being MEN to the black women in the culture(and maybe learn from them)....they insult them cuz they are empty underdeveloped little uncooked “boys”.  You sir are a typical hoodrat black “male”  not man.  Nope you will never be a MAN in my eyes....ESPECIALLY since you decide to stump soooooooo low and insult me.  Instead of putting your big boy pants on and debating the right way with a tangible argument, you go there?  Okay!  Got it.  And what's up with this fantasy sexual thingy you got going?  Everytime some black male lose a debate or disagrees with black women perspective-the women gotta be lesbians?  So you're saying if women disagree with you Noah...they are all lesbians?  Man-oops I forgot you're no man.  Boy...what a fantasy or it is just simply IMMATURITY?  I think it's a little of both. And wait!  Too many questions.  But just for argument.  What if I call YOU a little sweet whiny thing ...when you disagree with me?  Which is most of the time...so that would mean by your definition in terms of how you labeled us...you would be a full blown queer.  Right?  So is that the real reason why you refuse to answer our questions or are always in disagreement with us...because you just like it from the back? Well....I'll be damn! You never KNOW about folks. But!

Well....you don't know what an insult is if you think I was insulting you. Do you know what cognitive dissonance is or means? I was mearly stating that you two are in denial.

 

Look.....the bottom line is that I presented a reason why people are dissapointed in Obama. Why that does not qualify as an answer escapes me.....unless the people judging are in denial.

 

I apologize if you felt insulted.....but you do have a problem....you and ER.

@ Noah    

Oh....so you’re psychologist now and assessing me? And you think I have a problem? Hummm!  Unlike YOU, I will answer your question and not avoid by changing the subject.  Yes I am aware of the definition of cognitive dissonance-a theory you seem to beat to death every time there is a disagreement.  What?  Is that the only term you know Noah? But!  Again you have skated around my question.  I’ll ask one more time.  What’s up with this sexual thingy?  Calling me a lesbian simply cuz I disagree with your assessment.  That’s not like you Noah.  Don’t be like a couple of azz-wipes here who will start insulting i.e. name calling cuz they are unhappy with where the discussion is going. You are more than that. And it doesn't look good especially if you are a parent cuz you wanna always have an open-mind with your children cuz they are gonna have opinions that will be DIFFERENT from yours.  Trust me on that.

 

Also, I have NOTHING against lesbians but I am not one.  Throughout our debates I have NEVER called you gay.  Nor have I ever thought to.  So I don’t understand why you had to go there-instead of standing up to what the discussion entailed and take it like a a a MAN!     Look I know I am not the easiest person to debate with cuz I have my own mind tripled with experience, wisdom and knowledge....however, part of my curriculum with students is to allow them self-expression even if I disagree.  And I am that way in life.  Cuz why?  I am not GOD, I don’t hold the candle to every theory....and I know that folks have a RIGHT to their opinion.  Doesn’t mean their opinion is RIGHT...or factual...but!  They have a right to their perspective nevertheless and it’s their call how they absorb the information given to them.  So.  I like a good argument but when one starts hitting below the belt..just cuz he/she may run out of things to support what they say in order to pump up their argument/claim...then that’s when the true war of  words begin....and I’m not about that.  I am about knowledge,, learning and sharing whether or not the info given is accepted or makes sense.  That’s what grown-ups do.  But I know that this is a social forum and folks can get involve with in-group bias just to be accepted by their peers...but!  That’s NOT me.  I may say a lotta things to YOU...but!  I will never call you GAY!  Unless of course that’s who you are...but!  Then again that’s not my business. [to be clear... I do accept your apology and said all that above to clarify my position on the matter]

 

Additionally, just so YOU know and don’t get it twisted...I am fully aware of the fallacy tools you continue to use to distract the topics and issues discussed here to make your point more valid.  I see right through them.  So don’t get angry.  Just do better.  I may display an elementary type style of writing [purposely and willingly] here on this board.  But!  I do have SKILLS....my brotha.  And I have the ability to dissect most forms of critical writing-most forms not all.  In other words...you aint fooling ME!  Everytime...you express your thought through commentary...I understand the “common devices and techniques” you use in your language of writing to persuade your point of view...however as a critical thinker I am able to distinguish YOUR rhetoric in every word you say.  So. If you wanna roll with me in debate my brotha...you better come packing with the real deal of logic in your argument.  Otherwise you gonna continue to be frustrated with my response...cuz I’m gonna call you out on it...EVERY time!  But!       

Originally Posted by Kocolicious:

@ Noah    

Oh....so you’re psychologist now and assessing me? And you think I have a problem? Hummm!  Unlike YOU, I will answer your question and not avoid by changing the subject.  Yes I am aware of the definition of cognitive dissonance-a theory you seem to beat to death every time there is a disagreement.  What?  Is that the only term you know Noah? But!  I use words or phrases that are apropos. Nothing more or nothing less Again you have skated around my question.  I’ll ask one more time.  What’s up with this sexual thingy? You don't have sex? We are all sexual beings by nature.  Calling me a lesbian simply cuz I disagree with your assessment. So aside from suffering from dissonance of cognitions, you can't comprehend what you read either?  How about using due dilligence and showing me were I said you were a lesbian? Quote it! That’s not like you Noah. I don't think you know me....but you are right....I wouldd not call you a Lesbian...which is why I did not. Don’t be like a couple of azz-wipes here who will start insulting i.e. name calling cuz they are unhappy with where the discussion is going. You are more than that. And it doesn't look good especially if you are a parent cuz you wanna always have an open-mind with your children cuz they are gonna have opinions that will be DIFFERENT from yours.  Uh....I know how to compartmentailize.....toggle on and toggle off.....I am not static...but dynamic. rust me on that.

 

Also, I have NOTHING against lesbians but I am not one. Moot  Throughout our debates I have NEVER called you gay. Moot  Nor have I ever thought to.  So I don’t understand why you had to go there-instead of standing up to what the discussion entailed and take it like a a a MAN!    Mooooooot  Look I know I am not the easiest person to debate with cuz I have my own mind tripled with experience, wisdom and knowledge....however, part of my curriculum with students is to allow them self-expression even if I disagree. Mooot  And I am that way in life.  Cuz why?  I am not GOD, I don’t hold the candle to every theory....and I know that folks have a RIGHT to their opinion.  Doesn’t mean their opinion is RIGHT...or factual...but!  They have a right to their perspective nevertheless and it’s their call how they absorb the information given to them.  So.  I like a good argument but when one starts hitting below the belt..just cuz he/she may run out of things to support what they say in order to pump up their argument/claim...then that’s when the true war of  words begin....and I’m not about that. WHAT? I presented a list of things Obama said he would do and did not do....as a cause for the effect of the question ER posed. I did not run out of things to back up my argument.....my answer was simply dismissed as not an answer. I guess if you ask the question you get to be the arbiter of what constitutes an answer.....but that is subjective BS.  I am about knowledge,, learning and sharing whether or not the info given is accepted or makes sense.  Yes....I believe that when the subject matter does not involve a heavy investment of emotions on your part. I believe that you have demonstrated emotions that have subdued logic and reasoning on the issue of the president. That’s what grown-ups do. Grown ups are just kids with facades. But I know that this is a social forum and folks can get involve with in-group bias just to be accepted by their peers...but!  That’s NOT me.  I may say a lotta things to YOU...but!  I will never call you GAY!  Unless of course that’s who you are...but!  Then again that’s not my business. [to be clear... I do accept your apology and said all that above to clarify my position on the matter]

 

Additionally, just so YOU know and don’t get it twisted...I am fully aware of the fallacy tools you continue to use to distract the topics and issues discussed here to make your point more valid.  I see right through them.  So don’t get angry.  Uh....why don't you list them out and share them with us....to help me do better Just do better.  I may display an elementary type style of writing [purposely and willingly] here on this board.  But!  I do have SKILLS....my brotha.  And I have the ability to dissect most forms of critical writing-most forms not all.  In other words...you aint fooling ME!  Everytime...you express your thought through commentary...I understand the “common devices and techniques” you use in your language of writing to persuade your point of view...however as a critical thinker I am able to distinguish YOUR rhetoric in every word you say.  So. If you wanna roll with me in debate my brotha...you better come packing with the real deal of logic in your argument.  Otherwise you gonna continue to be frustrated with my response...cuz I’m gonna call you out on it...EVERY time!  But!   I am not frustrated with you or ER.....I am frustrated in general with black folks who cannot see the forest for the trees. We are sinking the world is collapsing and some Kneegrows think these are the best of time....just because Obama is president.  There is a false sense of security in hope in our people because of Obama and this false security and hope is making us drop our guards and hence we are going to lose a lot from it here and in Africa. When Obama is no longer president....we will have shot ourselves in the foot because Obama will have opened up the door for the next white president to do things, when done by whites, that will be seen as old hat racism, colonization and imperialism.

 

Last edited by Noah The African

@Noah!
I don’t have time today to dissect your commentary with the rhetorical devices you commonly used to express yourself.....but!  I will from now on.  Trust me on that.  Also you can continue to try to insult me with your emotive cowardness....but!  Unlike you I don’t have to go there to prove my point.  Just so you know young brotha I don't have to hide behind illusionary perspectives to bringforth truth either!  I know it's difficult for you-you being a self-acclaimed omni-knowing kinda brotha...but!  Look at all of this [that I humberly share with you] as a learning experience or another way to perceive a different point of view-even though I know you think you can NEVER learn anything from me or see anything from my perspective.  Try anyway.   You might be surprised. Hey I said all this to YOU without an inch of insult.  It can happen.   But!

Originally Posted by Kocolicious:
quote:

@Noah!
I don’t have time today to dissect your commentary with the rhetorical devices you commonly used to express yourself.....but!  I will from now on.  Trust me on that.  Also you can continue to try to insult me with your emotive cowardness....but!  Unlike you I don’t have to go there to prove my point.  Just so you know young brotha I don't have to hide behind illusionary perspectives to bringforth truth either!  I know it's difficult for you-you being a self-acclaimed omni-knowing kinda brotha...but!  Look at all of this [that I humberly share with you] as a learning experience or another way to perceive a different point of view-even though I know you think you can NEVER learn anything from me or see anything from my perspective.  Try anyway.   You might be surprised. Hey I said all this to YOU without an inch of insult.  It can happen.   But! 





 

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...mental-disorder.html  Im just sayin

Well, let me tell you why your little pitiful "I-can't-think-for-myself-so-let-me-post-this-mainstream-talking-point-rhetoric" link as an "answer" was so inadequate!!!

 

First and foremost, contrary to your intention, it actually PROVES my point, perfectly!!    Pretty much each and every so-called "promise" on that list is BEYOND the constitution and legislative powers of a president - ANY president - including President Obama to achieve!!

 

You can't get ANY more "unrealistic" than to "expect" the President to be able to pass a capital gains tax that has to be written and approved by Congress FIRST.  And anyone who does is living in a non-reality-based world and has NO - absolutely ZERO - understanding of politics and the way government works!!

 

People that are "disappointed" that the President hasn't done things he has NO AUTHORITY TO DO - such as YOU ... who listed this as your "answer" ... have "expectations" that are more appropriate for Disneyland's "Never, Never Land" than they are for REALITY ... and the ACTUAL world we live in today!!!    But, since you live in the former, rather than the latter, we know why you believe that such "expectations" would make sense. 

 

My question was:  "What did people think they were getting with a "Candidate" Obama that they don't currently have in "President" Obama today?  A simple question, really ... but just like with the last one ... you're the ONLY one whose head seemed to spin around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ... getting all confused and discombobulated, ducking, dodging and backtracking, stuttering and having smoke billowing from your brain from overuse .... simply by reading the question and trying to comprehend what it meant!!!

 

Although you're not one of them ... SEVERAL other intelligent people were able to answer that question without having to go all remedial and decipher what was simple English!! Even your rather strange cohort - OBB - actually ANSWERED the question .. and THEN stated that she didn't understand it!!  Go figure that one!!   But I'm sure you understand that convoluted way of thinking very well.)

 

But ... as to the current question .... I was thinking of more practical examples of "unrealistic expectations" that some people THOUGHT the President hasn't delivered on that were campaign promises by "Candidate" Obama during the election.

 

For example ... the most prevalent seems to be that there are those that are upset/disappointed that he hasn't helped Black people enough.  But did those people HEAR "Candidate Obama" say that they should expect him to do specific things for Black people ... or did they just make those "expectations" up in their heads??  Because, personally, I heard him repeatedly say just the opposite!!  So ... why are those people upset/disappointed at the President ... for giving them expecations they never (realistically) should have had?? 

 

Or ... you have those totally "dissatisfied" with the President for continuing to support Israel - as the United States/every other president in history has done - by declaring that he's "acting like every other (White) president in history" by doing so! But ... did people HEAR "Candidate Obama" SAY that since he wasn't White, he would act differently than all other presidents HAVE towards Israel ... or that as President (regardless of race!) he would treat the U.S. relationship with Israel differently?? 

 

I mean ... did these people NOT WATCH EVERY DEBATE in which during foreign policy questions "Candidate Obama" REPEATEDLY declared that, as president, the U.S. would continue to be punked by Israel???   So then why is the President receiving "complaints" about doing just that???

 

He said he would "shoot and kill 'enemies of the State'"!!  He's done so twice.  And people are twice pissed off about it!!

 

Or for another .... you have gay rights advocates and Hispanics who are BOTH exhibiting their own disappointments stemming from "unrealistic expectations" ... the gays want him to legalize same-sex marriage although "Candidate" Obama very publicly stated his belief in marriage being defined as between "one man + one woman" .... and Hispanics are demanding an immigration bill that Congress won't even TALK about ... let alone try to formulate!! 

 

So .... rest assured ... I'm NOT about to ask you for an answer ... 'cause I know you're incapable of delivering one.  I will acknowledge that (I think!) you tried .... but, as always, it was inadequate, but there's no need to try again!!

 

However, if are some things (expectations) that other people believe have not been met by "President" Obama that they believe were offered by "Candidate" Obama ... I'm just wondering what those are!!  I'm not trying to say they don't exist ... I'm just saying that I don't remember what they are!!

 

And if those capable of answering questions (which obviously would NOT be you!!!) would like to share some of those ideas with me, I'd be most appreciative of hearing what they have to say!

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:

Well, let me tell you why your little pitiful "I-can't-think-for-myself-so-let-me-post-this-mainstream-talking-point-rhetoric" link as an "answer" was so inadequate!!!

 

Oh....and you post original thoughts? Don't forget that you told me that most of your numerous post count is due to posting articles and unless you wrote those articles you post....you are a hypocrit.

 

First and foremost, contrary to your intention, it actually PROVES my point, perfectly!!    Pretty much each and every so-called "promise" on that list is BEYOND the constitution and legislative powers of a president - ANY president - including President Obama to achieve!!

 

Your intellectual ability to problem solve and think logical is pathetic. If you actually beleive that it proves your point.....you are not smart at all....or you are being disengenuous. Why? The answer being is that if it is beyond the powers of the president then Obama never should have made those promises knowing damn well that they were beyond the powers of the president, as you say. Thus...the people have are dissapointed in his stupidity because they assumed that he was so smart that he would understand the LIMITATIONS of the powers of the presidency and hence would not make such promises if he did not believe he had the power and ability to do so....otherwise he is just a liar that told people what they wanted to hear..,in which case people are dissapointed because they thought he was honest.

 

 

You can't get ANY more "unrealistic" than to "expect" the President to be able to pass a capital gains tax that has to be written and approved by Congress FIRST.  And anyone who does is living in a non-reality-based world and has NO - absolutely ZERO - understanding of politics and the way government works!!

 

Then you cannot be any more dishonest than to make such promises. If its unrealistic to expect it....its dishonest to make the promise. Hence.....people who assumed him to not be like other politicians because they felt he was honest.......are dissapointed and he has not met their expectations.

 

People that are "disappointed" that the President hasn't done things he has NO AUTHORITY TO DO - such as YOU ... who listed this as your "answer" ... have "expectations" that are more appropriate for Disneyland's "Never, Never Land" than they are for REALITY ... and the ACTUAL world we live in today!!!    But, since you live in the former, rather than the latter, we know why you believe that such "expectations" would make sense. 

 

Why do you keep trying to define my feelings. I said he would not do sh1t....so how am I dissapointed?

 

My question was:  "What did people think they were getting with a "Candidate" Obama that they don't currently have in "President" Obama today?  A simple question, really ... but just like with the last one ... you're the ONLY one whose head seemed to spin around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ... getting all confused and discombobulated, ducking, dodging and backtracking, stuttering and having smoke billowing from your brain from overuse .... simply by reading the question and trying to comprehend what it meant!!!

 

Damn you are slow! What is a canidate other than their promises and pledges to the people (their platform)? Either he was elected because of the things he said he could do and was going to do if elected....of he was elected for superficial reasons. Hence, even a third grader can understand that the people don't think they are getting from President Obama THE THINGS HE PROMISED AS CANIDATE OBAMA......Duhhhhhhhhh. I presented an answer and you simply don't like the answer and thus try to claim that it is not an answer. By the way......even if an answer is WRONG....its still an answer....thus....you trying to claim that my answer was not an answer is asnine.

 

Although you're not one of them ... SEVERAL other intelligent people were able to answer that question without having to go all remedial and decipher what was simple English!! Even your rather strange cohort - OBB - actually ANSWERED the question .. and THEN stated that she didn't understand it!!  Go figure that one!!   But I'm sure you understand that convoluted way of thinking very well.)

 

It was a stupid azz question!

 

But ... as to the current question .... I was thinking of more practical examples of "unrealistic expectations" that some people THOUGHT the President hasn't delivered on that were campaign promises by "Candidate" Obama during the election.

 

Yes....you have your own narrow subjective acceptable answers. Why do peoples dissapointement have to confirm to your subjectives views of whats practical? How are you the arbiter of valid reasons to be dissapointed to the degree that you can dismiss answers as not acceptable?

 

For example ... the most prevalent seems to be that there are those that are upset/disappointed that he hasn't helped Black people enough.  But did those people HEAR "Candidate Obama" say that they should expect him to do specific things for Black people ... or did they just make those "expectations" up in their heads??  Because, personally, I heard him repeatedly say just the opposite!!  So ... why are those people upset/disappointed at the President ... for giving them expecations they never (realistically) should have had?? 

 

I am not even going to go on responding to this comment of yours.....if that is what you were looking for.....then you should have said that from the get instead of asking a general question when you were really looking for specific things.You failed to communicate and now you are trying to clean the sh1t up. I can't respond to any more of your crazy irrational BS in this quote of yours.....its so full of holes and poor thinking ability that its a waste of time.

 

 

Or ... you have those totally "dissatisfied" with the President for continuing to support Israel - as the United States/every other president in history has done - by declaring that he's "acting like every other (White) president in history" by doing so! But ... did people HEAR "Candidate Obama" SAY that since he wasn't White, he would act differently than all other presidents HAVE towards Israel ... or that as President (regardless of race!) he would treat the U.S. relationship with Israel differently?? 

 

I mean ... did these people NOT WATCH EVERY DEBATE in which during foreign policy questions "Candidate Obama" REPEATEDLY declared that, as president, the U.S. would continue to be punked by Israel???   So then why is the President receiving "complaints" about doing just that???

 

He said he would "shoot and kill 'enemies of the State'"!!  He's done so twice.  And people are twice pissed off about it!!

 

Or for another .... you have gay rights advocates and Hispanics who are BOTH exhibiting their own disappointments stemming from "unrealistic expectations" ... the gays want him to legalize same-sex marriage although "Candidate" Obama very publicly stated his belief in marriage being defined as between "one man + one woman" .... and Hispanics are demanding an immigration bill that Congress won't even TALK about ... let alone try to formulate!! 

 

So .... rest assured ... I'm NOT about to ask you for an answer ... 'cause I know you're incapable of delivering one.  I will acknowledge that (I think!) you tried .... but, as always, it was inadequate, but there's no need to try again!!

 

However, if are some things (expectations) that other people believe have not been met by "President" Obama that they believe were offered by "Candidate" Obama ... I'm just wondering what those are!!  I'm not trying to say they don't exist ... I'm just saying that I don't remember what they are!!

 

And if those capable of answering questions (which obviously would NOT be you!!!) would like to share some of those ideas with me, I'd be most appreciative of hearing what they have to say!

 

There should be a section on this forum dedicated to President Obama.

 

But, really, this thread needs to be given a break; if all the responses have went from opinion, commentary, evidence and sources of the fact, in reference to the Topic:  President Obama vs.  ???????, to arguments among posters that are not relevant to the topic, then it is time to just move on, because evidently this particular topic has run out of relevant information and responses to be posted.  

 

Come on, you guys . . . 

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×