Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by MBM:

Michael Eric Dyson criticizes Cosby by saying that he ignores the societal aspect of African America's plight. Do you agree with Dyson that Cosby's message is fatally flawed because it is only half the story or do you believe that Cosby was trying to push African Americans to make an immediate impact in those areas that it can most control?


In MBM's questioning one is asked to determine whether or not one agrees with Dyson's judgment of Cosby's message.... "message is fatally flawed"

I think to assess Cosby's message as FATALLY flawed is a misnomer.... though I do not agree fully with his message... I agree with self determination, self discipline, moral values whether or not the system works against me.... but I do not think that expecting everyone else to share my level of insight, discipline etc... is fair... there are many reasons I am in the place I am in today.... much of which did not happen without great assistance, compassion and a lot of tolerance from those who did not judge me harshly..... so I cannot really AGREE with Dyson's JUDGMENT


or whether or not one agrees wit Cosby's intent"trying to push African Americans" do I believe this was Cosby's intent? Sure... that doesn't speak to his method or his possible bias.... or any of the other issues presented in other threads...

I picked Cosby... and I disagree more than I agree with him....



Peace,
Khalliqa
quote:
I agree with self determination, self discipline, moral values whether or not the system works against me.... but I do not think that expecting everyone else to share my level of insight, discipline etc... is fair... there are many reasons I am in the place I am in today.... much of which did not happen without great assistance, compassion and a lot of tolerance from those who did not judge me harshly


Interesting and refreshing perspective...


(You made me forget something I wanted to add...)
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
I agree with self determination, self discipline, moral values whether or not the system works against me.... but I do not think that expecting everyone else to share my level of insight, discipline etc... is fair... there are many reasons I am in the place I am in today.... much of which did not happen without great assistance, compassion and a lot of tolerance from those who did not judge me harshly


Interesting and refreshing perspective...


(You made me forget something I wanted to add...)



thanks

That means a lot coming from you... Smile
Nmaginate, this Cosby issue has been festering for quite some time, not just on this site but in the Black world at large here in the USA. Here there have been several threads. Some I have partisipated in and others I have just read. Blake Manner, Nikcara, Kweli4real, MBM, James Wesley Chester, Kraal, in varying degrees were all demonized along with others for expressing a view that was not Dyson-like. You even partisipated in the attempts at character assaination to a lesser extent. This is more than observation.

However if the partisipants of the site look at what we have in common instead of demonizng those they disagree with I think productive and positive conversation can be had. We may not solve the problem but discussion may cause someone to take action in thier community for the greater good.

For whatever reason, the Cosby Commentary of Black America is being aired here in multiple threads. Collective outrage for different reasons.

What I find most amusing is that the people that we, site members, are discussing do not even surf the net. They would never take the time to have an online discussion like this. Now I know somebody is going to say, that they are members of the group and they are also the people Cosby is critizing but that I would find hard to believe. Yet someone will say it. Why? To show solidarity.

If my sister is on drugs, I do not try to protect her from herself. I try to help and sometimes that means shaming her into reality and not enabling her distructive behavior with my silence. It is a shame that calling a spade a spade has somehow become culturally incorrect.
quote:
Blake Manner, Nikcara, Kweli4real, MBM, James Wesley Chester, Kraal, in varying degrees were all demonized along with others for expressing a view that was not Dyson-like.


"Demonized"... define that word, list the context and state how they were "demonized."

Also, be sure to note the things they said, some of them, about those who differed/criticized Cosby. Blake was rambling saying I had/have something personally against Cosby, even some Felicia Rashard fantasy (and that would make me more jealous of Ahmad).

Anyway... Explain that.

quote:
However if the partisipants of the site look at what we have in common instead of demonizng those they disagree with I think productive and positive conversation can be had.


No... You will have to do firm, fair and consistent Community Policing here. List those Cosby supporters by name that practiced "character" assisination or some other such "demonization" of their "debate" opponents.

quote:
It is a shame that calling a spade a spade has somehow become culturally incorrect.


Thanks for convincingly laying out and showing your bias. It's clear why you only "observed" and to note of things beyond just a mere "observation" that has been so clearly, overwhelmingly lop-sided.

Please...........

We definitely won't be having the "conversations" you envision when people bring that type of mindset to the table. And, regarding KWELI, someone I've "debated" over this recently... Well, by his own standards, he's shown (or rather hasn't shown) how he wants a conversation...

He has repeatedly failed and never spoke to things I said he was sure to note, try to understand and, most of all, not ignore as he came under misguided notion that he had something I should have took note of and understood from him.

He tried to "demonize" me with the tag that I just "argue to argue" or to "win a debate" (unsupported claims, all) instead, as I said, following the very standard he wanted to put out there to discredit me, as if to say my position is one I hold in earnest.

Now, I fully expect your Community Policing to make arrests on those types of offenses.

Further, all of those people you mention are adults. They should not be so insecure (I wouldn't count MBM or Kraal in that group, e.g.) in their positions that they can't make points they can sustain.

Sorry, but when somebody... anybody says some of the stuff Blake did... they need to be "demonized". That's the very thing that happens here all the time. It just that a core of these people you alluded to (some not named and some named not included) can't take it when their on the receiving end of the LOFTON and CON-Feed treatment. Too much of a blow to their ego to have their arguments shattered and their pretenses, like yours, exposed for what it is: Clearly Biased and untenable, subjective, pompous silliness.
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
I agree with self determination, self discipline, moral values whether or not the system works against me.... but I do not think that expecting everyone else to share my level of insight, discipline etc... is fair... there are many reasons I am in the place I am in today.... much of which did not happen without great assistance, compassion and a lot of tolerance from those who did not judge me harshly


Interesting and refreshing perspective...


(You made me forget something I wanted to add...)



thanks

That means a lot coming from you... Smile


I don't even know what that is all about... But I do know I'm out to get you now that you said you're, more or less, Down With Cosby. 1
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:

I'm subtle....



I know. That's why when you throw out compliments like that, I have to...

read carefully


LOL!!


Okay that was funny... smile..

No, Nmag... sometimes I'm just being me...

the compliment contained no hidden message.... I was really thanking you...


My initial post was layered it was at once:

describing an unintentional bias in the question forcing a user to lean somewhat with Cosby even if they disagree with Cosby overall.... it would be difficult to choose Dyson..

A back slap to all the hardcore "I know you are but what am I" conservatives who knee jerkingly think that every critic of those who enjoy privilege automatically stick together.... showing their inability to understand us or our argument....

an education lesson on the subtleties and reasonability of the arguments against Cosby...

and something private for my boo....


not everything I write is this layered... but many times it is layered with messages that speak directly to the question and sends signals to others...

come on, my brother...

we as a people have had to learn coded speak for centuries.....

Its just this time its around our own brethren so they can calm down and not automatically think our every move is to tear down the walls of an establishment they so preciously hold dear..

nawmean?
Last edited {1}
quote:
describing an unintentional bias in the question forcing a user to lean somewhat with Cosby even if they disagree with Cosby overall.... it would be difficult to choose Dyson..


You saw that too? I definitely know what you mean... but... Well, I wanted to say MBM might not be that guy and such a bias is bound to happen but I don't think I can really make that argument.


quote:
not everything I write is this layered... but many times it is layered with messages that speak directly to the question and sends signals to others...

Its just this time its around our own brethren so they can calm down and not automatically think our every move is to tear down the walls of an establishment they so preciously hold dear..

nawmean


No doubt!


quote:
In MBM's questioning one is asked to determine whether or not one agrees with Dyson's judgment of Cosby's message.... "message is fatally flawed"

I think to assess Cosby's message as FATALLY flawed is a misnomer....


We got this thing like we're joined at the hip...


quote:
To the question, whether or not Cosby has or is perceived to have "standing" is, irrelevant. The issue is about where he stands (and how high on the mountain he/others project him standing), not where he can or can't.

IMO, Cosby's "message" is fatally flawed because the inaccuracies, lack of proportion and the overbearing and clear SELF-LOATHING his "message" is steeped in. There are no halves. The "two" are INSEPARABLE. The one (the societal this and that) is implicated in the other.

Now, unless Black folks have "the most control" over most of the immediate institutions that perpetuate whatever is seen or perceived as the problem(s) and unless Black folks have "the most control" over most of the immediate institutions which can be utilized to correct most of the problems then this "areas we have the most control over" rhetoric can be put to rest with all the other conventional, myth-like catch-phrases fit for dino cemetaries.


All questions questioning the question. I got you on this, sis... 4
quote:
Nmaginate ... do you like jello?


Hell-to-the-nawl!!

I did like Felicia Rashard though... Big jazz fan too. And loved all the HBCU stuff on Cosby and a Different World too.

Was cool with Picture Pages on Capt. Kangaroo and have fond memories of my man's stand up "Brain Damage Kids"... "DAD IS GREAT!! Give Us The Chocolate Cake!"

What was your question, again? Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Nmaginate ... do you like jello?


Hell-to-the-nawl!!

I did like Felicia Rashard though... Big jazz fan too. And loved all the HBCU stuff on Cosby and a Different World too.

Was cool with Picture Pages on Capt. Kangaroo and have fond memories of my man's stand up "Brain Damage Kids"... "DAD IS GREAT!! Give Us The Chocolate Cake!"

What was your question, again? Big Grin



That Felicia Rashad was foine ... made me want to be a OB-GYN.
It's a matter of intent and context.

If a White conservative said the same thing, which they do, that Cosby did, Black America would still be up in arms. It would not be a matter if it was the truth; it would be a matter of what was the "purpose" of them saying these "truths".

Cosby has done a lot of positive things for the Black community but it doesn't give him special privileges. He may have meant well but his words came off a little condescending. Dyson made some valid points about Cosby's history as public figure in the black community and his stance on racially issues. He has been, for the most part, silent about the white racial supremacy during his "rise" to fame as a positive black figure and NOW he wants to get irate about what poor black America is not doing to uphold the legacy of the civil rights movement?

Negro please!!
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:

I'm subtle....



I know. That's why when you throw out compliments like that, I have to...

read carefully


LOL!!


Okay that was funny... smile..

No, Nmag... sometimes I'm just being me...

the compliment contained no hidden message.... I was really thanking you...


My initial post was layered it was at once:

describing an unintentional bias in the question forcing a user to lean somewhat with Cosby even if they disagree with Cosby overall.... it would be difficult to choose Dyson..

A back slap to all the hardcore "I know you are but what am I" conservatives who knee jerkingly think that every critic of those who enjoy privilege automatically stick together.... showing their inability to understand us or our argument....

an education lesson on the subtleties and reasonability of the arguments against Cosby...

and something private for my boo....


not everything I write is this layered... but many times it is layered with messages that speak directly to the question and sends signals to others...

come on, my brother...

we as a people have had to learn coded speak for centuries.....

Its just this time its around our own brethren so they can calm down and not automatically think our every move is to tear down the walls of an establishment they so preciously hold dear..

nawmean?


Sista youre something else..


Kai
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Nmaginate ... do you like jello?


Hell-to-the-nawl!!

I did like Felicia Rashard though... Big jazz fan too. And loved all the HBCU stuff on Cosby and a Different World too.

Was cool with Picture Pages on Capt. Kangaroo and have fond memories of my man's stand up "Brain Damage Kids"... "DAD IS GREAT!! Give Us The Chocolate Cake!"

What was your question, again? Big Grin



That Felicia Rashad was foine ... made me want to be a OB-GYN.


Phyllicia Rashaad is a beautiful sista...



Kai
quote:
Originally posted by Saracen:
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Originally posted by virtue/Khalliqa:

I'm subtle....



I know. That's why when you throw out compliments like that, I have to...

read carefully


LOL!!


Okay that was funny... smile..

No, Nmag... sometimes I'm just being me...

the compliment contained no hidden message.... I was really thanking you...


My initial post was layered it was at once:

describing an unintentional bias in the question forcing a user to lean somewhat with Cosby even if they disagree with Cosby overall.... it would be difficult to choose Dyson..

A back slap to all the hardcore "I know you are but what am I" conservatives who knee jerkingly think that every critic of those who enjoy privilege automatically stick together.... showing their inability to understand us or our argument....

an education lesson on the subtleties and reasonability of the arguments against Cosby...

and something private for my boo....


not everything I write is this layered... but many times it is layered with messages that speak directly to the question and sends signals to others...

come on, my brother...

we as a people have had to learn coded speak for centuries.....

Its just this time its around our own brethren so they can calm down and not automatically think our every move is to tear down the walls of an establishment they so preciously hold dear..

nawmean?


Sista youre something else..


Kai


I hope that's a good thing....
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
describing an unintentional bias in the question forcing a user to lean somewhat with Cosby even if they disagree with Cosby overall.... it would be difficult to choose Dyson..


You saw that too? I definitely know what you mean... but... Well, I wanted to say MBM might not be that guy and such a bias is bound to happen but I don't think I can really make that argument.


quote:
not everything I write is this layered... but many times it is layered with messages that speak directly to the question and sends signals to others...

Its just this time its around our own brethren so they can calm down and not automatically think our every move is to tear down the walls of an establishment they so preciously hold dear..

nawmean


No doubt!


quote:
In MBM's questioning one is asked to determine whether or not one agrees with Dyson's judgment of Cosby's message.... "message is fatally flawed"

I think to assess Cosby's message as FATALLY flawed is a misnomer....


We got this thing like we're joined at the hip...


quote:
To the question, whether or not Cosby has or is perceived to have "standing" is, irrelevant. The issue is about where he stands (and how high on the mountain he/others project him standing), not where he can or can't.

IMO, Cosby's "message" is fatally flawed because the inaccuracies, lack of proportion and the overbearing and clear SELF-LOATHING his "message" is steeped in. There are no halves. The "two" are INSEPARABLE. The one (the societal this and that) is implicated in the other.

Now, unless Black folks have "the most control" over most of the immediate institutions that perpetuate whatever is seen or perceived as the problem(s) and unless Black folks have "the most control" over most of the immediate institutions which can be utilized to correct most of the problems then this "areas we have the most control over" rhetoric can be put to rest with all the other conventional, myth-like catch-phrases fit for dino cemetaries.


All questions questioning the question. I got you on this, sis... 4
yeah rock
quote:
Originally posted by MidLifeMan:

It's a matter of intent and context.

If a White conservative said the same thing, which they do, that Cosby did, Black America would still be up in arms. It would not be a matter if it was the truth; it would be a matter of what was the "purpose" of them saying these "truths".



Thank you, sir... and I'm working to hold it down for you, too.


quote:
This is very basic stuff. People curiously lauding Cosby's donation to kids who already get it... Well, it's clear he wasn't flappin' his gums about them.
quote:
Bill Bennett donates $$$$$$$. What Bill Bennett said about "aborting Black babies" is technically "true"... But [KWELI] and no one else here would be trying to defend his statement(s) based on his philantrophy, etc.
quote:
I'd "venture" to say his donations, Bennett's or the idea that he was "doing something", DIDN'T motivate those who are motivated to side with or otherwise esteem/defend Cosby into using that as a reason to question those critical of Bennett.

...I'll search but I bet I won't find very many if anyone Black defending Bennett on those terms especially given the "Abort Black Babies", Freakanomics controversy. I mean, there was, perhaps, a "technical" truth there, too. But, as a lot of people have reflexively said in defense of Cosby, I don't recall many if any Black folk rushing to say "Bennett was telling the truth."
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
quote:
Originally posted by MidLifeMan:

It's a matter of intent and context.

If a White conservative said the same thing, which they do, that Cosby did, Black America would still be up in arms. It would not be a matter if it was the truth; it would be a matter of what was the "purpose" of them saying these "truths".



Thank you, sir... and I'm working to hold it down for you, too.


quote:
This is very basic stuff. People curiously lauding Cosby's donation to kids who already get it... Well, it's clear he wasn't flappin' his gums about them.
quote:
Bill Bennett donates $$$$$$$. What Bill Bennett said about "aborting Black babies" is technically "true"... But [KWELI] and no one else here would be trying to defend his statement(s) based on his philantrophy, etc.
quote:
I'd "venture" to say his donations, Bennett's or the idea that he was "doing something", DIDN'T motivate those who are motivated to side with or otherwise esteem/defend Cosby into using that as a reason to question those critical of Bennett.

...I'll search but I bet I won't find very many if anyone Black defending Bennett on those terms especially given the "Abort Black Babies", Freakanomics controversy. I mean, there was, perhaps, a "technical" truth there, too. But, as a lot of people have reflexively said in defense of Cosby, I don't recall many if any Black folk rushing to say "Bennett was telling the truth."




Am I missing something?

When did William Bennett give millions of $$$$s to HBCUs?

Speaking of intent and context, the willingness to donate those large sums of money in and of itself establishes some context. And the context IMO establishes that it makes no sense to compare Bennett and Cosby because they clearly had different intents. You may think Cosby is lousy as a constructive social critic. I might be tempted to agree. But do we honestly think that his intent was to tear down or bring harm to the community? ... No matter what you think of Cosby, he really is more deserving than a comparison to Bill Bennett. He has more standing than that man has.

And I'd like for someone ... please ... please... to explain to me exactly what the legacy of the CRM (Civil Rights Movement) is, so that we can all be clear on what it means to fail to uphold that legacy.

Lastly, I'll repeat, it's difficult to attend college if you have even one or two children. It's difficult to attend college if you're a high school drop out (I was a drop out and it's more difficult to get scholarship money). Or if you have poor language skills. Or if you're incarcerated.

And if one does not attend college and if one does not come from wealth, then it is difficult to improve your station in life if any of the above apply to you.

I'm not defending Cosby's statement or his person. But I will ask:

Who among you will encourage a 16 year old girl in the projects to have a child?

Isn't it in our best interests to actively discourage teenage pregnancy?

Is it within our power as individuals to control our reproduction? Or within our power as a collective to educate our youth with this idea?

Or do we need institutions that we control in order to do that?

And this is not to cast blame. There are many reasons young people have kids too early. Low esteem. Not being aware of their life options. Etc.

But, rather than playing a blame game, shouldn't we as a community be trying to instill those ideas in whatever way is necessary to accomplish the goal? (i.e., waiting to start a family)

And THEN hold Cosby's AZZ responsible for sending them to college? ... Big Grin
Last edited {1}
I also endorse the following view which about sums it up for me:

quote:
Originally posted by Empty Purnata:
Every man, woman and child in the Black Community has the right to voice their opinion....

I lean more towards Dyson, but part of me agrees with Cosby as well. I agree with Cosby that we should promote self-help, personal responsibility and self-discipline. But I disagree with him that our problems are solely or mostly the fault of the Black "underclass" or the Black working class. I think many of his arguments are the .... rantings of a privileged Black middle strata that wants to believe it is innocent and not partially responsible for the problems of Black America.

Dyson is right in pointing out the inherent structural problems of America that cause the problems in the Black Community. Capital flight, housing discrimination, corporate policy, Neoliberalism, Generation X stark indidividualism, urban police states, the Crack Epidemic, Token Integrationism, Suburbanization, Urban Sprawl, Gentrification, etc. are all external problems that plagues the Black working class. I don't agree with Cosby that we should ignore external problems and only focus on internal problems. That's the RHETORIC of corn-fed Kneegrows like CON-Feed. I could also point out the problems that middle strata Black Americans cause, such as Middle Class Entitlements, rampant consumerism, voting habits, housing appreciation schemes which takes land away that could have been used to house the Black homeless, credit irresponsibility, Black capital flight, etc.

To ignore or downplay external problems is to give White Supremacy and White Capitalist Hegemon a free pass. To ignore or downply internal problem (which I think Dyson does to a point) is to allow community solidarity and liberationary spirit to drown in Integrationist spirit.

Community solidarity, class consciousness, political consciousness, fiscal responsibility, gender consciousness, radical/progressive spirit, etc. are all important things as well as the things Cosby pointed out.




I met Dyson once. We hit it off when I pointed out we were both working class brothas from Detroit with Princeton degrees.
quote:
Am I missing something?

When did William Bennett give millions of $$$$s to HBCUs?


And, when did I attempt to defend Bennett's statement(s) based on his philantrophy? Confused

Or is there a cut and paste context problem in the:quote:Bill Bennett donates $$$$$$$. What Bill Bennett said about "aborting Black babies" is technically "true"... But [KWELI] and no one else here would be trying to defend his statement(s) based on his philantrophy, etc. post?
quote:
Originally posted by Nmaginate:
Did say you did. But we know you wouldn't.

Period!!


What? That's doesn't even make sense Confused

If it didn't come out my mouth, don't try to place it there.

Do you really believe that I would/could defend those type of Bennett's comments, or any white person critical of the Black community, let alone a racist? If so ... well ... that's on you and you alone.

But I suggest that you go back and read my posts.
quote:
Do you really believe that I would/could defend those type of Bennett's comments, or any white person critical of the Black community, let alone a racist? If so ... well ... that's on you and you alone.


lol

Keep trying... All you're doing is highlighting how bogus and fraudulent your Cosby DONATES pretense was. Hmmm... Now, there, you were trying to say how, since the money is needed, the criticism of Cosby shouldn't be or the fact that he donates was something worth considering (before criticizing or whatever you thought your non-point was).

This was also pointed out to you then. In fact, you were pre-empted and still tried to play The Money Card.

quote:
M. A. Neal: Doesn't Cosby's willingness to give money to black causes make him a leader? Doesn't it give him a right to say what's on his mind?

Dyson: Cosby's philanthropy is unquestionable. If he never gives another dime for the rest of his life, he's done more than a lot of people for 10 lifetimes. But the question is: Can we allow philanthropy to silence dissent or to squash opposition? Money giving can't be the litmus test for authentic black leadership. [That would make] Bill Gates the greatest black leader we ever had -- that cat done gave about $120 million to Negroes -- so it can't be that. In one sense, it's easier to give money, as opposed to stepping on the front line during the civil rights movement and putting your face out there. That would give [your contribution] more legitimacy. But it would also cost you some of your cultural standing with the white folk you want to cross over to.


I posted that on June 18, 2006 02:15 AM. You posted immediately after that at 8:40 AM or so. So, it's always been your problem with reading... (LIKE I SAID: Run them points of mine you were sure not to miss!) and there is nothing for me to "go back and read" because your typical weak premise, here, is unfounded.

Now, as for your silly little question, you just PROVED what I said. WE KNOW YOU WOULDN'T! So try those weak little loaded/leading rhetorical questions with someone with your type of "don't be" reading issues.

YOUR QUESTION + "Any White person critical @ Black Community" = BOGUS $$$ Card tactic


Thank you for making this so easy.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Remember ... You claimed that I defended/would defend Bennett, remember?.


No, I did not. LYING won't help you and your vision problems.


[KWELI] and no one else here would be trying to defend his statement(s) based on his philantrophy, etc.

... is neither a claim that you would or have. No person who is honest (and you're not, so your shenanigans come as no surprise)... and any person who understands English and logic would ever dare try your little weak games.

The statement clearly says that YOU WOULDN'T and, obviously, HAVEN'T.


NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Frown Problem is I didn't, haven't and wouldn't. Frown


Ummmm.... Run that weak stuff by me, again...
quote:

quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 07:48 PM

And, when did I attempt to defend Bennett's statement(s) based on his philantrophy?
quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 07:50 PM

Did[n't] say you did. But we know you wouldn't.
quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 08:00 PM

If it didn't come out my mouth, don't try to place it there.

Do you really believe that I would/could defend those type of Bennett's comments, or any white person critical of the Black community, let alone a racist? If so ... well ... that's on you and you alone.

quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 08:19 PM

lol Keep trying...

... your silly little question... just PROVED what I said. WE KNOW YOU WOULDN'T!



Damn... We got to get MBM to fix this crazy echo off in herre! lol
1. No-Cosby has not earned the "standing" in our community to hold his views.

2. No impact-like pouring water on a duck's back. The problems and issues run deeper than his verbal indictments can fix. Does he think our problems happened over nite cause they sure can't be fixed over nite!

3. Dyson-I have to go with Mike, his book is worthy of honorable mention against Bill Cosby.

Cosby did not lead nor particpated in one civil rights marches during the 1960s. He conveniently hid out behind "I Spy" and kept his neutral distance although Harry Belafonte stood front line and center. IMHO he is a ranting ole man that needs to go sit down and shut the f*** up, he has no solutions just critical analysis of the problems/issues while conveniently leaving out the cause.

For the record he is not an "Uncle Tom" he is a "Sambo". Bill Cosby is not worthy to tie the shoe straps of the 'fictional character' Uncle Tom--who was an upright man with a conscious.
quote:
[KWELI] and no one else here would be trying to defend his statement(s) based on his philantrophy, etc.

... is neither a claim that you would or have. No person who is honest (and you're not, so your shenanigans come as no surprise)... and any person who understands English and logic would ever dare try your little weak games.


Dude, you have completely lost it. lol

You've made a statement [that I didn't say], re-coped it (twice) and now declare that it means the exact opposite of what you said [and re-said and re-said] 20

And, then blame it on MY dishonesty and/or inability to read and/or logic? lol

But that's cool ... Since I didn't make the argument, pretend I did and then run with it. lol

Get a needle and thread ... You're coming apart at the seams and the birds are making away with all your straw. 20

Nmaginate. You usually make such cogent arguments, but alas, your need to attack the name Kweli, if not the person behind it, has driven you over the edge.

Put down the coffee and Back away from the computer. I'm sure with a little rest and natural sun light, you'll be fine. and the has become stuck on your brain
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Fine:
Cosby did not lead nor particpated in one civil rights marches during the 1960s. He conveniently hid out behind "I Spy" and kept his neutral distance although Harry Belafonte stood front line and center. IMHO he is a ranting ole man that needs to go sit down and shut the f*** up, he has no solutions just critical analysis of the problems/issues while conveniently leaving out the cause.

For the record he is not an "Uncle Tom" he is a "Sambo". Bill Cosby is not worthy to tie the shoe straps of the 'fictional character' Uncle Tom--who was an upright man with a conscious.



ROFL......
quote:
But that's cool ... If I didn't make the argument, pretend I did and then attack, attack, attack.


Damn, KWELI... Is it that bad? lol

Man, it must really hurt when you try this bad, this late to make something out of (nothing)... Stuff you've already seen before.

So you can load up all the emoticons just like you tried to load up that question and play MAKE BELIEVE all you want... Matter of fact, keep it up because this is about the most pathetic display of desparation I've seen in a while. But I understand. You're weak. Pathetically, tragically weak. And this is the strongest, belated and completely hilarious little number you could come up with.


quote:

quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 07:48 PM

And, when did I attempt to defend Bennett's statement(s) based on his philantrophy?
quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 07:50 PM

Did[n't] say you did. But we know you wouldn't.
quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 08:00 PM

If it didn't come out my mouth, don't try to place it there.

Do you really believe that I would/could defend those type of Bennett's comments, or any white person critical of the Black community, let alone a racist? If so ... well ... that's on you and you alone.

quote:
Posted August 08, 2006 08:19 PM

lol Keep trying...

... your silly little question... just PROVED what I said. WE KNOW YOU WOULDN'T!

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×