It's heartening to read some truly wonderful comments on this thread from the men... this sums it up very nicely methinks: "...it's what you do with your time on this planet, and whom you do your time with..."
I love being married about 80 per cent of the time. I reserve the other 20% for when we get annoyed with each other and start to think "what would it be like to be single?" Then I remember and I fall back to the 80%
Originally posted by Blacksanction: I love being married about 80 per cent of the time. I reserve the other 20% for when we get annoyed with each other and start to think "what would it be like to be single?" Then I remember and I fall back to the 80%
How IMPORTANT is marriage to you? And what does it mean to you?
Marriage can be very important, or very insignificant. depends on the people, and the purpose.
Some of us marry solely to find a companion, others marry because they are in love, others marry beause they are ready to settle down...so forth and so on.
When a marriage is erected upon shaky reasoning, more than likely it will come crumbling down.
the important thing is to marry someone who shares a similiar world view. This way the marriage will have meaning, and purpose. Every marriage needs direction. With direction, love, and respect...marriage can be wonderful....and very important for the community at large. On the other hand, these fly by the seat of your pants arrangements, are not really that important..and can actually be damaging.
God has nothing to do with marriage or there would not be all these religions with rules about divorce. It takes 2 "mature" adults to make a marriage work. You can talk to God all day but if you fail to communicate with your spouse your marriage will fail.
When you block a person, they can no longer invite you to a private message or post to your profile wall. Replies and comments they make will be collapsed/hidden by default. Finally, you'll never receive email notifications about content they create or likes they designate for your content.
Note: if you proceed, you will no longer be following .