Skip to main content

1)I don't do Maury, Jerry or any other of those "shows".
2)I don't do reality tv...period (this includes Tyra)
3)I don't do feelings...if I want you to know how I feel I'll tell you....so don't ask me.
4)Its late at night, we're asleep, and you get the urge to "get something off your chest"? Keep it on there, cause you've had all day and evening to tell me...3am is NOT the time to enact a deep conversation with me.
5)I'm a nice, considerate guy...but don't mistake that for weakness. I have put "girlfriends" out on the side of the road and left them...and never looked back. Just some friendly advice there.......
6)I do "conflict, resolution, conflict". Meaning I don't harp over a situation endlessly. Nor do I want to hear about it, endlessly. If you dont solve it, I will..and if you don't like that I stepped in and took care of it...I won't care.

There, I've been honest and upfront, what women "claim" they want in a man. I can eat my french toast with a clear concious now... have a nice day.
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."----Bruce Lee "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do"
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Peace......



Okay....

Here is a list of things about me:

1. I never perform for others...Do not expect me to be social to people I just don't like. I
will hold your hand in public, and hug and kiss in public, however, not because it looks cute, or
how it will appear in any other way...I will show affection like this because there are sincere feelings
there....

2. I generally don't like over the top pet names...I will not use them...I never wished to be called "Boo", "Sugah bear",
etc.... "Baby"...or "Uhh Baby" is appropriate sometimes..(since you just can't help yourself)...

3. I am completely confused by women who tell you one thing but mean something completely different and expect you
to know what they really mean..."Are you hungry?" she replies "No...I am fine..Please let's just keep going, I'll be fine.."
Later that day she says "You don't care about me...you knew I was hungry and you wouldn't even stop to get something
for me to eat...But I am sure that you ate..." this behaviour drives me nuts...

4. If you are naked...and don't wish to be bothered..Keep your nakedness a secret from me..because If I detect it...
You will have to quickly lock me out of the room...just being honest...

5. I will go to see a chick flick....ocassionally....However, if the movie has no men in it at all..like any movie with "Sisterhood" in it...
I just can't sit through it...sorry...

6. I am playful as all hell...If a woman is not playful...that makes me even more playful..because I get a kick out of her confusion...

7. I love spontaneity.....

8. Arguing does not turn me on...it disturbs me....

9. I refuse to walk around angry...I would rather talk about something for 10 hours and resolve it...

10. If I am in "better" restaraunt, and they serve $25.00 dishes...I may still order the chicken sandwich and fries..leave me alone..

11. If you want something from the store...You must think of it before I am in bed...after that I am not leaving out.


I could go on...but I feel better now.



Kai
Okay, I'll go...

1. If you're going to ask me to do something, ask "Will you do this?", not "Can you do this?". Use of the word "can" is insulting.

2. I don't like to be talked to while I'm driving. Only give me directions if I ask for them.

3. Alcoholics, mercenaries, and drug users, keep on walking.

4. Do not offer my services to anyone without speaking to me first. Just because I'll do it for you, does not mean I'll do it for them.

5. If I'm pissed about something, do not aggravate the situation by trying to make me talk about it. I usually talk to myself when I'm pissed, so that I don't say something to someone I care about that I will regret later. Don't make yourself that someone.

6. I will never raise my voice or hand to you, so don't even think about doing it to me.

7. Integrity counts for a lot with me. I always notice when your words don't match your actions.

8. The quickest way to find yourself on the curb is to be unfaithful or disrespectful.

9. I am a gentleman. If you have issues with that, you're with the wrong guy.
1) I hold myself responsible for my behavior and you will be responsible for yours.

2) You can talk to me about anything at any time.

3) I will honor you and expect the same in return. That does not mean we will agree on everything.

4) I will respect you at all times and will expect the same from you.

5) I will tell you exactly what I want, give me the same courtesy.
1) I don't deal with people who are chemically dependent.

2) Please don't ask me to look at things while I'm driving. And don't give me directions unless I ask for them.

3) Despite my usually serious demeanor, I can be incredibly silly and playful... women are usually surprised by this when they get to know me. I can be very creative and spontaneous... I like to keep things fresh...

4) But I also value order and stability very highly... Do not expect me to want to go out often... I'll bring you flowers, cook you dinner, and rub your feet .... but I'm not the one who's going to want to go out often to the club or to restaurants.

5) I'm very simple and down to earth... I can be sophisticated... I can fake being a snob... but in the end I enjoy very simple things... and I really don't feel the need to impress people most of the time... So don't expect flashy expensive gifts from me... I'm the master of the simple but thoughtful gift that you'll still be telling your girlfriends about 4 years from now...

6) Despite my normally calm/serene demeanor do not cross me ... I have a temper like a tempest... I am extremely slow to wrath and am not often angry ... BUT at the same time, once I've gone there, I'm extremely wrathful... I've learned to keep it under wraps with those I love ... but do not be surprised if and/or when you see it directed at others who may be foolish enough to try me.

7) Please don't try to talk to me if I'm pissed off. In this state, I think it best to remain silent because I don't want to say things I'll regret later.

8) I will be direct, upfront, and honest with you at all times (except for when I'm asked questions like "How do I look in this?" to which there is only one acceptable answer).

9) Do not under any circumstances play games with me. Not if you expect me to stick around.

10) I will love, respect, and honor you. I will never raise my hand or my voice to you. If you do the same you will have my loyalty.
Last edited {1}
[quote]4) But I also value order and stability very highly... Do not expect me to want to go out every night... I'll bring you flowers, cook you dinner, and rub your feet .... but I'm not the one who's going to want to go out often to the club or to fancy restaurants.

5) I'm very simple and down to earth... I can be sophisticated... I can fake being a snob... but in the end I enjoy very simple things... and I really don't feel the need to impress people most of the time... So don't expect flashy expensive gifts from me... I'm the master of the simple but thoughtful gift that you'll still be telling your girlfriends about 4 years

eyes(dramatic sigh)..... marry me.
quote:
Originally posted by caribbeanflavored:
[quote]4) But I also value order and stability very highly... Do not expect me to want to go out every night... I'll bring you flowers, cook you dinner, and rub your feet .... but I'm not the one who's going to want to go out often to the club or to fancy restaurants.

5) I'm very simple and down to earth... I can be sophisticated... I can fake being a snob... but in the end I enjoy very simple things... and I really don't feel the need to impress people most of the time... So don't expect flashy expensive gifts from me... I'm the master of the simple but thoughtful gift that you'll still be telling your girlfriends about 4 years

eyes(dramatic sigh)..... marry me.




_____ ______ flowers _______ Wink
quote:
Originally posted by RadioRaheem:
1. I like my sports, if you see me watching sports I WILL NOT HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE SPORT...IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WRITE THEM DOWN I'LL HELP YOU LATER

2. I am a cynic

3. Me time is just that

4. I'm dramaless and you must be too

5. I offer you my best and I expect your best


No need to help me with sports RadioRaheem as I am a huge sports afici0nado and a real 'student' of many games. Perhaps it is I who maybe can help you. flowers
quote:
Originally posted by Tre:
quote:
Originally posted by RadioRaheem:
1. I like my sports, if you see me watching sports I WILL NOT HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE SPORT...IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WRITE THEM DOWN I'LL HELP YOU LATER

2. I am a cynic

3. Me time is just that

4. I'm dramaless and you must be too

5. I offer you my best and I expect your best


No need to help me with sports RadioRaheem as I am a huge sports afici0nado and a real 'student' of many games. Perhaps it is I who maybe can help you. flowers


go gurl! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Kweli4Real:
1) When/If I love you, all you can do is be loved. YOU can not earn it; nor can you destroy it.

2) I will answer any question asked of me with the truth as I see it. If you don't want/can't handle my truth, don't ask.

3) I will not lie to or for you.

4) How others treat me is far less important to my being than how I treat others.


Kweli.....

This was real nice.....



Peace,
Virtue
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
1) I don't deal with people who are chemically dependent.

2) Please don't ask me to look at things while I'm driving. And don't give me directions unless I ask for them.

3) Despite my usually serious demeanor, I can be incredibly silly and playful... women are usually surprised by this when they get to know me. I can be very creative and spontaneous... I like to keep things fresh...

4) But I also value order and stability very highly... Do not expect me to want to go out often... I'll bring you flowers, cook you dinner, and rub your feet .... but I'm not the one who's going to want to go out often to the club or to restaurants.

5) I'm very simple and down to earth... I can be sophisticated... I can fake being a snob... but in the end I enjoy very simple things... and I really don't feel the need to impress people most of the time... So don't expect flashy expensive gifts from me... I'm the master of the simple but thoughtful gift that you'll still be telling your girlfriends about 4 years from now...

6) Despite my normally calm/serene demeanor do not cross me ... I have a temper like a tempest... I am extremely slow to wrath and am not often angry ... BUT at the same time, once I've gone there, I'm extremely wrathful... I've learned to keep it under wraps with those I love ... but do not be surprised if and/or when you see it directed at others who may be foolish enough to try me.

7) Please don't try to talk to me if I'm pissed off. In this state, I think it best to remain silent because I don't want to say things I'll regret later.

8) I will be direct, upfront, and honest with you at all times (except for when I'm asked questions like "How do I look in this?" to which there is only one acceptable answer).

9) Do not under any circumstances play games with me. Not if you expect me to stick around.

10) I will love, respect, and honor you. I will never raise my hand or my voice to you. If you do the same you will have my loyalty.



My sentiments exactly.....

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×