Skip to main content

Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, almond-eyed, my sistah, full of soul, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Fagunwa:
Wifey said she wanted a romantic dinner, no TV, no radio just our own sounds. Found out years later the electricity was cut off and she didn't want me to worry.


I just want to say, that is BEAUTIFUL!

This, IMHO, symbolizes the LOVE you can only receive from a black woman. SHE, connects with the feelings of a black man. SHE identifies with, and embraces HIS struggle, just to be closer to her man.

You can't put your arms around me, kiss me, tell me you love me, and not embrace my passion, and my struggle. A black woman sincerely and fully embraces you, and loves you like no other woman on the planet... their aint nuthin' like her!!!
AMELLOWROMANCE

(jus' a lil bit)


You're rich in beauty
And that's SO evident
Your radiant essence
Exquisite in EVERY inch
Your enchanting body
With those heavenly thighs
The perfect size
Extravagant eyes keep me hypnotized
I'm captivated by
Carefree skills that give me chills
As you caress me freely,
Giving expression to my obsession
Unafraid to explore
It's YOU that I implore
Want more, live for
and feverishly adore
Who is this black mother nature
That nurtures me and controls my core?
......

I'll stop there(it's kinda long), that's just a small dedication to my sistahs
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, my sistah, full of SOUL, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....


This is nice!
quote:
Originally posted by folobatuyi:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, almond-eyed, my sistah, full of soul, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....


This is nice!


I'm glad you like my poor attempt at poetry. I haven't written in awhile. And I was in the mood to try my hand at writing one. Smile
Last edited {1}
Because Mother's day just past i was thinking of this and happened upon this thread.

I love God for blessing me with black women. I really do. I think of my mother and i hope this post is suited to this topic.

My mother was the most loving person i've ever known on this earth. I was only blessed with her prescene for 22years. In that time i learned and was taught what a loving woman was all about.

She loved our family like no other i have ever seen. Literally held together both sides, took care of her own mother, great grandmother, a woman from a nursing home by putting her in her own condo,taking a student that was about to be homeless and got her a place, bought her mother a car as a gift and battled terminal cancer all the way.

She was very compassionate and had empathy for everyone. She went out of her way to help anyone she could. She taught me how to be humble, and how what not to become.

See, i had a wonderful example of how to love another human being. She, my mother, was my learning example of how to love others. She received her Masters of Nursing while all of the above was going on. Took care of my father while he was on dialysis with full kidney failure. She was a woman that i know was special to God ...and to all of us.

I think of her and marveled at the depths of her loving heart and soul. She always had time for you, no matter who you were and had a level of patience and peace that most never knew existed.

My mother is gone from this earth but always remains in my heart. She holds a special place dear to me because of the example she gave and there is hardly a time that goes by that i don't think of her.

So special, so wonderfuly valuable to this earth and the ripple effects of her love touched thousands. Those thousands were at her funeral. They even dedicated a scholarship to her name and memory. She just went out of her way to help others.

Thank you my black mother, for instilling such a wonderful love in me. May i be worthy of passing that on to my son, and maybe one day a black woman to show her that real unconditional love still does exist.

Peace all and I love ya mom and i miss you always.

Your well taught pupil. Smile

CLL
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, my sistah, full of SOUL, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....

------------------

Wow, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{sniff}

Very very b e a u t i f u l l y stated, HB, and touching.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fabulous:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, my sistah, full of SOUL, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....

------------------

Wow, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{sniff}

Very very b e a u t i f u l l y stated, HB, and touching.

-----------------

Why thank you kindly, Fab ... kiss

I'm pleased that you found it pleasing Smile
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Originally posted by Fabulous:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:

Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, my sistah, full of SOUL, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....

------------------

Wow, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{sniff}

Very very b e a u t i f u l l y stated, HB, and touching.

-----------------

Why thank you kindly, Fab ... kiss

I'm pleased that you found it pleasing Smile

------------------

Awwww. . .you're very welcome, HB . . . kiss

Honestly, I had to read it twice because it made my heart skip a beat--But don't tell anybody, K?

I actually had to go back to pen-point what part of the poem caused such a reaction. LOL.

Dang, good job!! No, no. EXCELLENT!!!!! appl
quote:
Originally posted by Fabulous:
Honestly, I had to read it twice because it made my heart skip a beat--But don't tell anybody, K?

I actually had to go back to pen-point what part of the poem caused such a reaction. LOL.



Well? Smile Inquiring minds wanna know... I won't tell anybody... just whisper into my ear

{ HB leaning forward and cupping his left ear}
quote:
Originally posted by LovNThySoul:
Because Mother's day just past i was thinking of this and happened upon this thread.

I love God for blessing me with black women. I really do. I think of my mother and i hope this post is suited to this topic.

My mother was the most loving person i've ever known on this earth. I was only blessed with her prescene for 22years. In that time i learned and was taught what a loving woman was all about.

She loved our family like no other i have ever seen. Literally held together both sides, took care of her own mother, great grandmother, a woman from a nursing home by putting her in her own condo,taking a student that was about to be homeless and got her a place, bought her mother a car as a gift and battled terminal cancer all the way.

She was very compassionate and had empathy for everyone. She went out of her way to help anyone she could. She taught me how to be humble, and how what not to become.

See, i had a wonderful example of how to love another human being. She, my mother, was my learning example of how to love others. She received her Masters of Nursing while all of the above was going on. Took care of my father while he was on dialysis with full kidney failure. She was a woman that i know was special to God ...and to all of us.

I think of her and marveled at the depths of her loving heart and soul. She always had time for you, no matter who you were and had a level of patience and peace that most never knew existed.

My mother is gone from this earth but always remains in my heart. She holds a special place dear to me because of the example she gave and there is hardly a time that goes by that i don't think of her.

So special, so wonderfuly valuable to this earth and the ripple effects of her love touched thousands. Those thousands were at her funeral. They even dedicated a scholarship to her name and memory. She just went out of her way to help others.

Thank you my black mother, for instilling such a wonderful love in me. May i be worthy of passing that on to my son, and maybe one day a black woman to show her that real unconditional love still does exist.

Peace all and I love ya mom and i miss you always.

Your well taught pupil. Smile

CLL



Your post is VERY suited to the topic... thank you for sharing it Smile
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
I love Ruby Dee. Her talent and longevity. Her dignified beauty. Her eyes. And last but not least her lifelong devotion to Ossie Davis.

Ruby: "How to ride the rough waves in a relation long enough for the waters to get calm? When does it sink in that overcoming difficult times gets easier with practice? How do you drag some of the good feelings, good times vibrations into the stormy places? To love someone long and deep is a "consummation devoutly to be wished"!... It is day by day, one step at a time. It may not mean two bathrooms, but just some space, some privacy, some area to be alone. ...Unlike the wedding event, that takes place in a day, marriage is a long process that goes on at some level every day for the rest of your life....We have to learn how to live together... I thought I loved you, Ossie, when we got married, but as I see now, I was only in the kindergarten of the proposition. To arrive at love is like working on a double doctorate in the subject of Life." Source: joint biography, pages 430-431

Ruby: "It takes a long time to really be married. One marries many times at many levels within that marriage. If you have more marriages than you have divorces within the marriage, you're lucky and you stick it out." Source: First UU Church of Wausau

Ruby: "A trustworthy marriage has weathered temptation and anger and jealousy, resentment, self-righteousness and a little bit of selfishness. When you get over and get through that, then maybe you can see the light to love." Source: Ossie and Ruby: Is This the Love Affair of the Century? Ebony, 2/99







quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Meditation on Beauty and the Black Woman
(A Work in Progress)

I know what this world says beauty is - as do we all.
But we who know just laugh: to this we will never be in thrall.
We know that beauty dwells both close to home and in far rarer places-
And that deep lovers need much skill before they can savor her embraces...
Beauty is shallow and skin deep but also deep as blood and bone...

When I close my eyes and lose all sense of space and time
So that I feel only the heat and strong pull of my blood,
Within this reverie, deepest of my deep down dreams,
The desire unfurls, sweetest in this world, for a brown skinned girl:
Her lips full, almond-eyed, my sistah, full of soul, and full round curves:
She and only she can ever be beauty-full for me....


HBro,

I'm moved beyond words. ohsnap
Where are all those fellas who are so doooown with the sistas but who can't seem to find at least one new nice thing to say about them every week? Smile



quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
Why We Love Black Women

Ok, Fellas here's your chance. On this thread we'll only be sending love.

QUESTION IDEAS: What are your favorite memories of loving a black woman? What sorts of things do you love about black women? If you're single, why do you still hold out hope of meeting the right Sista? If you've already met the right Sista what do you love about her?

GROUND RULES:

(1) No dissin', hatin', or negativity.

(2) You are allowed to praise the physical BUT if the person just before you has praised the physical you MUST praise something else (mental, spiritual, etc.).

(3) You are allowed multiple posts. In fact, you're encouraged to post often. This thread should always be in play. You might want to tell us one thing per week for example. But try not to hog.

If you break the rules then the moderator of this thread will apply spank

I love black women because of my mother.

She didn't graduate from high school... she didn't come from wealth or privilege... but she is the sanest mother I know... and has more sense than any other mother I know...

After being out in the world and meeting all sorts of people from all walks of life and from all over the globe and seeing their mothers and how they relate to them... I can truly say my mother is the best... She comes out ahead of white mothers, yellow mothers, rich mothers, brown mothers, highly 'educated' mothers... the whole lot ... She is simply the best.
Last edited {1}
"We don't know our names. And your name is where your ancestors are. And your ancestors are where your gods are. We were stripped of everything we needed to live here, And nothing has changed. Because we live without our ancestors.

Where are the African gods?
Did they leave us on our journey over here?
Where are the African gods?
Will we know them when they suddenly appear?
The ones dismissed with "voodoo"... "rock n' roll" ... and "all that jazz"?
And "jumbo" ... "mumbo jumbo" ... "razzmatazz" ...?
Where're the African gods who'll save us from this misery and shame?
Where are the African gods?
Will we find them while we pray in Jesus' name?
Where are the African gods that live and set us free?
We are the African gods ... you know? .... We are! ... You and me."

-Abbey Lincoln
One of my favorite memories of loving a black woman.

She was brilliant. A grad student in philosophy. We could start talking at 10 in the evening ... and not stop until 6 in the morning. And she was beautiful. Small and petite. Model looks. And beautiful natural African hairstyle. One minute she could listen to classical Arab music. The next minute she could break down Jay-Z. Together we could do Indian food, sushi, or soulfood. Very eclectic - just like me. But she was a sistah through and through. It felt so good to go out on the town with her on my arm. I felt like I was escorting an African princess. Her protector. We weren't together for very long. But I was head over heels. eyes
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
One of my favorite memories of loving a black woman.

She was brilliant. A grad student in philosophy. We could start talking at 10 in the evening ... and not stop until 6 in the morning. And she was beautiful. Small and petite. Model looks. And beautiful natural African hairstyle. One minute she could listen to classical Arab music. The next minute she could break down Jay-Z. Together we could do Indian food, sushi, or soulfood. Very eclectic - just like me. But she was a sistah through and through. It felt so good to go out on the town with her on my arm. I felt like I was escorting an African princess. Her protector. We weren't together for very long. But I was head over heels. eyes


Would I be prying if I asked why you weren't together long?
quote:
Originally posted by The one and only ME:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
One of my favorite memories of loving a black woman.

She was brilliant. A grad student in philosophy. We could start talking at 10 in the evening ... and not stop until 6 in the morning. And she was beautiful. Small and petite. Model looks. And beautiful natural African hairstyle. One minute she could listen to classical Arab music. The next minute she could break down Jay-Z. Together we could do Indian food, sushi, or soulfood. Very eclectic - just like me. But she was a sistah through and through. It felt so good to go out on the town with her on my arm. I felt like I was escorting an African princess. Her protector. We weren't together for very long. But I was head over heels. eyes


Would I be prying if I asked why you weren't together long?



I really don't care to discuss it Frown ... No negativity on thread remember?
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
One of my favorite memories of loving a black woman.

She was brilliant. A grad student in philosophy. We could start talking at 10 in the evening ... and not stop until 6 in the morning. And she was beautiful. Small and petite. Model looks. And beautiful natural African hairstyle. One minute she could listen to classical Arab music. The next minute she could break down Jay-Z. Together we could do Indian food, sushi, or soulfood. Very eclectic - just like me. But she was a sistah through and through. It felt so good to go out on the town with her on my arm. I felt like I was escorting an African princess. Her protector. We weren't together for very long. But I was head over heels. eyes


I see why you were head overheal with her
What is there not to love?

Every experience with Black women, good and bad, has helped me to grow into the man that I am and continue to grow into.

From the love and care I received from my mother and two older sisters, to the happiness and heartache in few short and long term relationships, to the friendship and wisdom shared by my female friends.

I love them in all ages, shapes, sizes, and skin tones. I love them sophisticated and ghetto.

So it is hard to choose just one moment or instance in my past as the most memorable.

But I think the most life changing moments would be the time I learn that beauty came in all skin tones.

I was laying next to one of my short term lovers one night and noticed how dark her completion was compared to mines. My brain said, "She's really dark", and I said, "So".
"But you have never really been "into" dark skin women. You have always obsessed on light skin women, ever since you were young", my brain continued.

It was then that I realized that I had been brainwashed by the constant images we are exposed to in this society that seems to say that "light, bright, and damn near white" is the preference for a man to want in a woman. Fortunately, I now can see the beauty in all the various skin tones, hair textures, butt sizes etc.
Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by MidLifeMan:
What is there not to love?

Every experience with Black women, good and bad, has helped me to grow into the man that I am and continue to grow into.

From the love and care I received from my mother and two older sisters, to the happiness and heartache in few short and long term relationships, to the friendship and wisdom shared by my female friends.

I love them in all ages, shapes, sizes, and skin tones. I love them sophisticated and ghetto.

So it is hard to choose just one moment or instance in my past as the most memorable.

But I think the most life changing moments would be the time I learn that beauty came in all skin tones.

I was laying next to one of my short term lovers one night and noticed how dark her completion was compared to mines. My brain said, "She's really dark", and I said, "So".
"But you have never really been "into" dark skin women. You have always obsessed on light skin women, ever since you were young", my brain continued.

It was then that I realized that I had been brainwashed by the constant images we are exposed to in this society that seems to say that "light, bright, and damn near white" is the preference for a man to want in a woman. Fortunately, I now can see the beauty in all the various skin tones, hair textures, butt sizes etc.
Big Grin


That was like music to my ears. music

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×