Originally posted by One:
I read the entire Book One of How to eat to live yesterday. This time I also took exensive notes ''quotes'' from the entire book, which I put in the form of a Word document.
After eating that ''mental food'' my face glows with a better light than the day before.
I will post my notes here later. I am currently writing from my phone.
As promised:How to eat to live Book One
How To Eat To Live Notes
· Do not eat Peas, collard greens, turnip greens, sweet potatoes, and white potatoes.
· Page 5
· He could take one of our small babies and start him off eating the dry small navy bean soup, and make that child live 240 years.
· Use vegetable oil, corn oil, pure butter, olive oil
· Eat fruit pies with brown sugar & wheat crust
· If possible, do not eat any cooked fruit
· Noah & Methuselah ate one meal three days or twice a week.
· At one meal per day we would live over 100 years. At one meal every two days would lengthen our lives that much longer
· Fast once a month for three days or four days or whatever time you are able to fast without harming yourself
· Within one week we can learn to eat once a day or every other day. Our stomachs are just the way we train them to
· Eating properly gives the body a chance to rest and absorb the food properly and distribute it where the body is calling for it
· Resting the stomach 24 hours allows the stomach to destroy the poisons in the food before they can do us any harm
· Milk and bread will keep us alive indefinitely, and it is the best and most easily digested food. And if you eat once a day, you should fast every month for two or three days. By doing that, there will be no poison left in the body at the end of one year to make you sick even one hour.
· Do not eat spaghetti and macaroni at every meal. If you are over weight, do not eat it at any meal, and if you want to live a long time, do not eat it at any meal. Foods such as spaghetti and macaroni are processed, not cooked thoroughly, and are hard to digest.
· There are some people who claim that they do not receive beneficial results, as they should. This is due to the wrong mental food that they are eating, which has an effect on their digestive system. To get good results from eating the proper foods, we must have good thoughts.
· Not only does it give us good health, but it gives us a better way of thinking, as food and our mental power work in the same way. Whatever affects one, affects the other.
· If you want to enjoy good health, eat only once a day and nothing between meals if you are not sick. There is an allowance made for the sick ones who, sometimes, are not able to eat enough at one meal to take them over to the next meal, or who's bodies are weak and must be built up for the one meal a day. In this case, they eat two meals a day, but never three.
· We can live a long, great and healthy life just by drinking good, wholesome milk and eating good whole wheat bread if the bread is cooked correctly
· The whole wheat kernel should be ground very fine. When you are ready to make bread, add water and yeast to it and set it aside to sour. This will put it in a better digestive state to be cooked properly for your stomach to digest. Cook it slowly, after it has risen a couple of times in the mold; this must be done thoroughly so that all of the risen cake or dough is thoroughly cooked through and through under the heat of the oven. After it is cooked, do not eat it until it has set a day or two; even three days is not too long to wait for it. It is never stale because of age if kept in the right place. Never eat freshly cooked bread of any kind, as it is difficult for the stomach to digest. The same applies to beans and whatever you eat, cook them thoroughly. But, do not cook them in such a way as to destroy the vitamins or proteins that are in them to strengthen and build your bodies.
· Diabetes: Cut out that sugar; do not use any at all. Use honey. But do not use the whole bottle at one time. If you have too much sugar in your blood, be careful not to eat any sugar of any kind until you get it out.
· Drink plenty of milk and eat butter instead of so much of this artificial butter made of vegetable fat, and you will have better health.
· He said if we would start our infants eating one meal a day, as soon as they are able to partake of solid foods, it would enable them to live to an age of 240 years.
· I then asked Him, "How about eating once every 48 hours?" He said to me, "You would only be ill only one day out of four or five years." I asked Him what was the cure for that one day of illness?" He said, "Fast three days and you will all right". I asked Him "What about eating one meal every three days?" He said you will never be sick if you eat once every 72 hours. This is about two meals every six days, which would extend our lives to a span of 1000 years - for there is no poison from the previous meal three days ago which has enough power to do you any harm. The fast destroys the accumulation of food poison. The body is made up of water, chemicals, stone, metals, vegetation and air. All that is in the earth, in some form, is in our bodies, and you have no birth record of the earth. Although there is a record, you probably do not have it.
· What comes out of it, such as life, cannot live as long as the earth itself. But it can be made to live a very long time if carefully nursed, according to its nature, as you see and scientists teach you the long life of the California Redwood tree (sequoia sempervirens). There is mentioned in the Bible of Allah (God) a saying that His people's life will be as the tree. There is an oak in Arabia - under which they claim Abraham met God - that is still alive today. Allah never intended that righteous lives should be cut short of 100 years on this earth.
· I began with eating one meal a day and forced my family to do the same for several years.
· Since returning from prison, it has been hard for me to adjust my eating habits. For many days in prison, we had to eat two or three times a day in order to make up for one meal a day through trying to avoid eating the divinely-prohibited flesh of the swine. This caused me the others illness after we had cleansed our stomachs of bad food and had begun to eat at the proper time.
· I never would have suffered today from bronchial asthma if I had not disobeyed the law of the right foods to eat.
· The earth is full of food; but good health cannot enter our bodies until we have the proper food in the body and the proper food for thought. If we do not have the proper food for our way of thinking, we still cannot enjoy peace, good health, joy and gladness of heart. We can eat the best food, we can take fasts for nine days or for 20 or 30 days if we want to; and we will still suffer if we do not feed the brain with the right food.
· But children should not be forced to fast or eat one meal a day or once every other day. Children and babies should eat at least twice a day.
· Three meals a day are needed by a savage beast but not by a human being. No human being should eat more than one meal a day.
· Mothers should feed their babies from their breast milk if the possibly can, as this is best. When you are able to start feeding them on solid food, give them weak bean soup not the highly seasoned, strong soup that you eat. You can also start them out with orange juice and mashed apples. This is done whenever you think the baby is able - after he is about three months old.
· This depends on the health of the baby and its age. Plenty of good milk and good, thoroughly cooked bread are good for you and the baby.
· I tried eating once every two day with nothing in between but coffee. I did not try to pour all of the cream and sugar out of the cream and sugar bowls into the coffee. I sweetened and creamed it as I had done when I was eating three meals a day, because we can live on cream and sugar for a long time. But it is not good that we do this through our coffee, for our health's sake.
· ..., we think it is a mistake to contemplate living 100years; not to think of 1000 years. We think it is impossible. But it is no more impossible for us today to live 800 or 900 years, than it was for Methuselah, who lived 969 years (each one carrying 12 months like the ones we have today).
· I have said to eat no peas. At that time, I did no think about what we call the sweet pea, which grow into pods. The can be eaten...
· If we could eat one meal a week, we could live as long as Methuselah.
· Do not make a habit of eating aged cheese. Eat cream cheese as much as possible, as it is better for your digestive system.
· Stay away from eating all meats and canned vegetables that are canned in metal cans as much as possible. Sometimes we are forced to eat them because we do not have any other. Do not eat canned beans, if you can buy fresh ones. Do not eat any canned goods, if you can find fresh food from the market.
· We are by nature vegetable and fruit eating people.