Spinach should be eaten sparingly... as it contains oxalates Info. on oxalates
that prevents calcium absorption... however, spinach eaten intermittently is not bad, as it offers its own nutrient value to your diet... Toasted Spinach/Tomato Sandwich:
1. Frozen bag of cut leaf spinach (use appx. 1/2 cup cooked)
2. Favorite salad dressing- I use Caesar Salad Dressing for this recipe
3. Cherry tomatoes
4. 100% Whole Wheat Toast
5. Kosher Salt and Pepper (and any additional seasoning you may desire)
6. Salted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Simply toast two slices of whole wheat bread to a medium/dark consistency
3. While the bread is toasting, place appx. 1/2 cup spinach into a small pot of appx. 1/4 cup of water,
4. Bring to a boil for about a minute then remove to allow to cool
5. Remove the bread, as it should be toasted, and butter.
6. Spread desired salad dressing on either slice..
7. slice a few cherry tomatoes and place onto either slice..
8. Add salt and pepper to spinach...
9. Place spinach on either slice...
10. Place slices together and if you're like me
, you will further slice the sandwich into four even sections...
The entire sandwich takes approximately five to ten minutes to complete...