Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

These are all 17... Some are funny, some are scary...

You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 14, 1991

This is God's power and he sent this thing to warn us ... we needed a shock.
-- Pat Robertson, remarking on the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, quoted by Robert E Norlander in a dispatch of September 14, 2001

I think "one man, one vote," just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, March 18, 1992, suggesting that South African white people's votes ought to count more than other votes because they are in the minority

A cult is any group that has a form of godliness, but does not recognize Jesus Christ as the unique son of God.... One test of a cult is that it often does not strictly teach that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who Himself is God manifested in the flesh.... Christian-oriented cults include the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), the Worldwide Church of God, Christian Science, Unity, Unitarianism, The Way International, Rosicrucian Society of America, Bahai, Hare Krishna, Scientology, the Unification Church, and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
-- Pat Robertson, CBN pamphlet entitled "Cults," dated 1992

How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy money changers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?
-- Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p. 227

Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.
-- Pat Robertson, interview with Molly Ivins, 1993.
"Inbreeding is how we get championship horses."
- Carl Gunter, Louisiana state representative, explaining why he was fighting a proposed antiabortion bill that allowed abortion in cases of incest.

"What we have is two important values in conflict: freedom of speech and our desire for healthy campaigns and a healthy democracy. You can't have both."
- Dick Gephardt, Missouri representative

"I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly underpolluted."
- Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we should export toxic wastes to Third World countries.

"Whenever I watch TV and I see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I would love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
- Mariah Carey, Pop Singer

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate."
- Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C.

"Give Bill a second term, and Al Gore and I will be turned loose to do what we really want to do."
- Hillary Clinton, former first lady, at a Democratic fundraiser
Eek Eek ................ appl appl

I like these!! Some are really quite hilaraious!!


Though I don't know if I'll be able to find the direct quote (I'll look for it when I get a chance), but, I do remember hearing Ronald Reagan say something to the effect of:
There is no poverty (or poor people) in America.

I thought that was pretty psychotic. And would definitely fit in with the title of this thread!
"Today you can go to a gas station and find the cash register open and the toilets locked. They must think toilet paper is worth more than money."
-Joey Bishop

"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."
-Lily Tomlin

"On the one hand, we'll never experience childbirth. On the other hand, we can open all our own jars."
-Bruce Willis (On the difference between men and women)

"Behind every successful man is a surprised woman." -Maryon Pearson

"I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night."
-Marie Corelli

"Mystify people with your intelligence, and if you cant do that, mystify them with your B.S."
-Unknown

We say we love flowers..
yet we pluck them.
We say we love trees..
yet we cut them down.
And people still wonder why
some are afraid..
When told they are loved.

-Unknown

Side note to Oshun...

Pat Robertson is such an azz. Every single time I've tried to hold my nose and watch the 700 Club, I've made it about 10 or 15 minutes before I absolutely must find something less painful to do... like hanging by thumbscrews... lol
And now... for some politics...

"The name of my cousin Dick Cheney will not be on the ballot.
That was really embarrassing when the news came out!
When they do these surveys, you hope you're related to
someone cool... Dick Cheney... that was really a let down."


– Barack Obama at a stop in Boise, Idaho, joking about a recent
story showing that he is a distant relative of current
Vice President Dick Cheney, February 2, 2008


"I wonder if it's possible to be a Republican
and a Christian at the same time."


– Hillary Rodham Clinton on C-SPAN, June 21, 2004


"The idea of Bill Clinton back in the White House
with nothing to do is something I can't imagine."


– Mitt Romney's response when asked at the Florida
primary debate about how he'd run against the
Clinton team, January 24, 2008


"I can't make her younger, taller, male, there's a lot I can't do."

– Bill Clinton in New Hampshire referring to differences
that cannot be changed between his wife, Hillary Clinton,
and her rival Barrack Obama, January 6, 2008


"One of the great challenges facing us is that we do not commit the same
mistakes with our growing Hispanic population that we did with African
Americans 150 years ago and beyond. We're still paying the price for the
pathetic manner in which this country handled that... I think, frankly, the
Lord is giving us a second chance to do better than we did before."


– Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee at a meeting of
the Political Animals Club in Little Rock, Arkansas, December, 2006


"Shamefully, we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers
reopened under new management: U.S. management."


– Ted Kennedy on the floor of the Senate calling for a
complete investigation into the abuse of Iraqi
prisoners in a Baghdad-area jail, May 2004


"No Child Left Behind is the most ironically named piece
of legislation since the 1942 Japanese Family Leave Act."


– Al Franken in a speech at the University
of Missouri-Columbia, Nov 19, 2003


"I don't want to be invited to the family hunting party." --Sen. Barack Obama, on revelations that he and Dick Cheney are eighth cousins


"My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions." --The Decider, George W. Bush


"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women." --Ann Coulter


"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president." --President George W. Bush, as quoted by author Robert Draper in Dead Certain


"We Bushes cry easily." --President George Bush Sr., in 1989


"At my age, any scream is a good scream." --Former President Bill Clinton, on an Iowa woman mistaking him for Bob Barker


"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." --Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, on why he strapped his dog to the roof his car


"Friends, the press and the government are in bed together in an embrace so intimate and wrong, they could spoon on a twin mattress and still have room for Ted Koppel. Journalists used to questions the reasons for war and expose abuse of power. Now, like toothless babies, they suckle on the sugary teat of misinformation and poop it into the diaper we call the 6:00 News. Demand more of your government. Demand more of your press." --Kent Brockman, on The Simpsons
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat.

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a man nailed to two pieces of wood.

Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It's because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.

Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Property is theft. Nobody "owns" anything. When you die, it all stays here.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.


-George Carlin

quote:
Originally posted by Black Viking:
Side note to Oshun...

Pat Robertson is such an azz. Every single time I've tried to hold my nose and watch the 700 Club, I've made it about 10 or 15 minutes before I absolutely must find something less painful to do... like hanging by thumbscrews... lol


20

My parents used to leave it on in the morning times and yell at it(The 700 club on TV). I used to call them political/religious masochists... They always told me 'know thine enemy'... My response: But once we see he is a moron, I think it's time to tune out, for our own sanity...

Although I must admit I do get stuck on TBN if I'm flipping through channels and Jan Crouch is on... Kinda like watching a car crash... I can't look away...
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun Auset:
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat.

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a man nailed to two pieces of wood.

Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It's because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.

Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Property is theft. Nobody "owns" anything. When you die, it all stays here.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.


-George Carlin

quote:
Originally posted by Black Viking:
Side note to Oshun...

Pat Robertson is such an azz. Every single time I've tried to hold my nose and watch the 700 Club, I've made it about 10 or 15 minutes before I absolutely must find something less painful to do... like hanging by thumbscrews... lol


20

My parents used to leave it on in the morning times and yell at it(The 700 club on TV). I used to call them political/religious masochists... They always told me 'know thine enemy'... My response: But once we see he is a moron, I think it's time to tune out, for our own sanity...

Although I must admit I do get stuck on TBN if I'm flipping through channels and Jan Crouch is on... Kinda like watching a car crash... I can't look away...



Why does she cry so much? and why is her hair pink?
quote:
Originally posted by Romulus Burnett:

quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:

quote:
Originally posted by Romulus Burnett:

But I'm still a passive aggressive little girl of below average intelligence involuntarily drawn to a debilitating need for affirmation and acceptance.


Please tell us more about yourself.

This is fascinating. Truly. Smile


Thank you. I'm glad you asked. I actually like being the bad guy on this discussion board. Ever stood behind an old woman in a check-out line that just stood there like an old buzzard--jerking around the girl at the cash register over a book of stamps or some cigarettes? Ever got the urge to punch that little bitch in the gutt? Yeah. I have.

I get that same kind of satisfaction when I take on certain topics on this discussion board--like punching an old bitch in the gutt. When I can take a bunch of self-righteous, vacuous, rigid, pretentious, pompous people and reduce them to making immature insults and resort to using devious, deceitful tactics to dismiss, minimalize, and ignore an opposing argument because they can't logically defend their argument I get that same satisfaction.

You can't punch and old woman in the stomach and be a good guy. You can't drop kick a snot-nozed kid in the nuts because he has gone wild and driven all of his teachers crazy and be a good guy.


Burnett & Obama in 08!!! appl bow appl bow appl
During a White House news conference Thursday morning, President Bush said the country is not headed into a recession, noting that the government has acted "robustly." His view of the economy, however, is far more chipper than that of many economists, who fear the country is entering a recession (or may even already be in one. In fact, when asked by a reporter about what advice he'd given an average American, who is faced by the prospect of $4 gallon gas, the President responded: "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ... I know it's high now."
from Noah, The African...


"That aint no sh1t I want to be a part of. I can recall when I was a teenager working way out in the burbs at a restaurant, washing dishes. It was another brother working in their too who talked a lot a smack. So I called him on it. He then called his boys and they were supposed to come up there with their heaters and slit. I could not get in contact with none of my boys...but a white dude in their who I hardly knew say he would help me fight the cats...because they were in the wrong. For me...color aint got sh1t to do with right and wrong and who is being treated fairly and unfairly. I am a Pan African because African people have been abused, exploited and oppressed in this world and it aint never stopped. I don't have to support every Negro because he is black.....I am always going to support the person being mistreated in any damn situation. To be honest, the way I see black folks having turned on the Clinton......we aint Sh1t!"
"The central question that emerges ... is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas in which it does not prevail numerically? The sobering answer is Yes "” the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race. It is not easy, and it is unpleasant, to adduce statistics evidencing the cultural superiority of White over Negro: but it is a fact that obtrudes, one that cannot be hidden by ever-so-busy egalitarians and anthropologists."--" [A]lmost certainly written by Mr. [William F.] Buckley," National Review editorial, 8/24/57
"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed ... It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."


~ George W. Bush during a video conference with soldiers in Afghanistan
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed ... It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."


~ George W. Bush during a video conference with soldiers in Afghanistan


ek 17 Mad
From the Nixon White House Tapes, 4/25/72 (discussing Vietnam)

Nixon: I still think we ought to take the dikes out now. Will that drown people?

Kissinger: That would drown about 200,000 people.

Nixon: No, no, no, no...I'd rather use the nuclear bomb.

Kissinger: That, I think, would just be too much.

Nixon: The nuclear bomb? Does that bother you?

Kissinger: [inaudible]*

Nixon: I just want you to think big Henry, for Christ's sake.

*I bet he was, like, "Da hell u say?!"
"FREEDOM MEANS HAVING NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE"
G.W.B. - 1-20-2005

"IGNORANCE MAY BE BLISS BUT IT AIN'T FREEDOM"
Sean David Morton 7-7-2005

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness; the other to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

- Woody Allen -

"You know the world is going crazy
when the Best Rapper is a white guy,
the Best Golfer is a black guy;
the Tallest Guy in the NBA is Chinese,
the Swiss hold the America's Cup,
France is accusing the USA of arrogance,
Germany doesn't want to go to war,
and the two most powerful men in America are named Bush and Dick."

~~~Chris Rock
quote:
Originally posted by Kweli4Real:
quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why they elected him TWICE.


They didn't ... In 2000, he was appointed by the SCOTUS and in 2004 there is/was evidence of voting fraud. If there had been U.N. observers [like the US insists on for less civilized (read: white) nations, both elections would have been labelled corrupt and de-certified.


After watching HBO's account of the 2000 elections (RECOUNT) I'm puzzled as to why the SCOTUS stepped in, stopped the recount, then stated that the deadline had passed and found that somehow DUBYA would be done irreparable harm by counting the votes

WTF?

on top of that, they made the ruling unusable as a precedent...(i don't know the legal term for this)
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
quote:
Originally posted by EbonyRose:
Pres. GeeDubya Bush told the graduating class at the Air Force Academy today:

quote:
"The only way America can lose the war on terror is if we defeat ourselves."


Can somebody tell me 17 that's supposed to mean? Confused


I'm still trying to figure out why they elected him TWICE.


Because the "American people" thought that's what would be in the best interest of our country at that time.

That would include those that voted .. and those that didn't. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Kweli4Real:
quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why they elected him TWICE.


They didn't ... In 2000, he was appointed by the SCOTUS and in 2004 there is/was evidence of voting fraud. If there had been U.N. observers [like the US insists on for less civilized (read: white) nations, both elections would have been labelled corrupt and de-certified.


yeah
President Bush met with Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo today at the White House. Arroyo was in Washington while her country tries to recover from a typhoon that devastated coastal areas and flipped a ferry carrying over 800 passengers last week. Before discussing aide for the Philippines, Bush couldn't resist beginning the sober meeting with a quip about a Filipino member of his kitchen staff. Read part of the transcript from the meeting [...] below:

    PRESIDENT BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that -- in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)


    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Yes.

    PRESIDENT BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.

    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Thank you.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/24/bush-to-filipi...esiden_n_108985.html
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
President Bush met with Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo today at the White House. Arroyo was in Washington while her country tries to recover from a typhoon that devastated coastal areas and flipped a ferry carrying over 800 passengers last week. Before discussing aide for the Philippines, Bush couldn't resist beginning the sober meeting with a quip about a Filipino member of his kitchen staff. Read part of the transcript from the meeting [...] below:

    PRESIDENT BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that -- in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)


    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Yes.

    PRESIDENT BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.

    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Thank you.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/24/bush-to-filipi...esiden_n_108985.html


OMGawd! Eek Bush is a damn idiot.
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
President Bush met with Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo today at the White House. Arroyo was in Washington while her country tries to recover from a typhoon that devastated coastal areas and flipped a ferry carrying over 800 passengers last week. Before discussing aide for the Philippines, Bush couldn't resist beginning the sober meeting with a quip about a Filipino member of his kitchen staff. Read part of the transcript from the meeting [...] below:

    PRESIDENT BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that -- in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)


    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Yes.

    PRESIDENT BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.

    PRESIDENT ARROYO: [Da hell u say!?!] Thank you.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/24/bush-to-filipi...esiden_n_108985.html


bang laugh
Saw this comment by "Larry" posted at the Hateful Things? Exhibit website sponsored by the Jim Crow Museum.


"How Stupid. Just look at the mess since Race mixing, taking prayer out of schools, and making abortions legal. As a white southerner who lived before the evil civil rights acts of 1964, I know how good it was. Blacks in my home town would cross over to the other sidewalk out of respect when my mom & dad and I would walk down the sidewalk. The blacks had their section of town and whites had theirs. Separating the Races worked. We would leave and go on vacation for weeks at a time and leave our doors unlocked, we didn't have to worry about robbery. Now with Black Crime always on the increase we have to lock doors in the daytime. When are Blacks going to realize they can control their own future, Stop having babies out of wedlock, Stop the Rap Crap that causes crime, If you behave as normal citizens we will treat you as such. Like the looting in New Orleans after Katrina, It would not even cross my mind to loot someones store. Power was out, flood waters was over everything, they were coming out of stores with baskets of Tennis Shoes and DVD Players. Blacks created the problem, Actually Abraham Lincoln Started it by the Emancipation Proclimation, the foul document that freed the slaves. Lincoln had no authority in the Confederacy. Took the labor force from the people. If we had won the war between the states things would be much better. The Glorious Confederacy, Long may she be remembered as a bright and glorious time, where life was good, bring her back, we need to secceed from the union again."

Brad Barrett's Iraq Paper

"One of our readers sent us a scan from an old paper of his. The topic was "Cause and Effect of the Iraq war" and I'm guessing the teacher wanted their students to write a puff piece about how awesome we're kicking ass in Iraq. But this teacher is from South Carolina. What do we expect."

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×