Marion Barry Robbed At Gunpoint

WASHINGTON, Jan. 3, 2005 (AP) Former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry was robbed at gunpoint at his apartment by some youths who had helped him carry his groceries.

Barry, who wasn't injured in the Monday night robbery, said he gave the youths a couple of dollars for helping unload groceries from his car and they left. They returned, however, and after Barry let them into his Southeast apartment, they pointed a gun at his head and took his wallet, which contained cash and credit cards, Barry told WRC-TV.

"Obviously, I'm traumatized. To have a pistol cocked in your face is not something you cannot feel emotional about," Barry said.

Barry, 69, is a member of the City Council and served four terms as mayor. In his third term, he was videotaped in 1990 in a hotel room smoking crack cocaine in an FBI sting. The following year, he served a six-month prison sentence.

He is awaiting sentencing later this month in federal court on his guilty plea to two misdemeanor counts stemming from his failure to file income tax returns in 2000.

© MBM

Original Post
Right about what? That anyone can be the victim of a crime? CF, don't care about Marion Barry, he is a liberal politiian, CF, might say Marion being robbed was pay back for his robbing the people while in office.

There will be those who question the validity of his story and see it as an attempt to get sympathy before he is sentenced later this Month...
Faheem, you're such a quasi socialist fundamentalist. If Marion Barry is so liberal, then why did he snitch on the people who robbed him?
quote:
Originally posted by Vox:
Faheem, you're such a quasi socialist fundamentalist. If Marion Barry is so liberal, then why did he snitch on the people who robbed him?


Is this funny?

Get it right. It is the SAMBOs who are advancing the "Stop Snitching" policy upon poor communities.

The Black Quasi-Socialist Fundamentalist are the one's who DON'T WANT THE BLACK COMMUNITY TO CHANGE but who figure that when the Country/White Community changes the Black community will benefit in large measure because our #1 adversary has agreed to play nice.
CON-Feed.... PUNK!!! STFU!!!

You got your "CONCUSSED Liberal??" thread to attend to. So don't you say another got-damn cyber-word until you do! sck
You're right Vox...liberals promote crime and allow it to fester with their "stop snitching" culture...man if they could only possess the moral fiber those gud white conservatives and their progressive black following only seem to have (end sarcasm).
Of course I expect MBM to follow up with a reply to the effect that "I am right" that Black people are savages or thugs or something foolish such as this.

To the people of Washington DC who have defended Marion Barry, seeing him as a victim of a conspiracy by Whites who don't want him in power, working on behalf of the poor in DC this must be tantamount to Rosa Parks getting robbed in her home despite asking the thug "Do you know who I am" and he not caring.

Things are NOT going to change in these communities by:

1) Blaming Black conservatives for everything
2) Pointing to how the police have beaten Blacks as well
3) Lobbying to insure that the Democrats increase their Black vote to 95% up from 90%
4) Telling us that these boys were damaged due to Slavery's legacy

The mound of dirt that so many of you have swept under the carpet is now becoming so high that you can no longer walk around it. It must be dealt with.

You all are so used to ATTACKING a problem rather than MANAGING a problem toward a fix. Now that the problem is WITHIN - what are you going to do (besides blaming the outsiders for FAILING these "insiders")?

I was at a bar right after "Katrina" and I saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that said on the front "F.... George Bush". On the back it said "We all we got".

You all make heavy use of the FRONT OF THE SHIRT.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START APPLYING THE MESSAGE ON THE BACK?

There will be no less than 100 people who suffer the same fate that Marion Barry did somewhere in the USA today. Their lack of noteriety will prevent their story from being told.
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:


Things are NOT going to change in these communities by:

1) Blaming Black conservatives for everything
2) Pointing to how the police have beaten Blacks as well
3) Lobbying to insure that the Democrats increase their Black vote to 95% up from 90%
4) Telling us that these boys were damaged due to Slavery's legacy


You're right. We should do what your boy Bill Bennett said and just abort all black babies. That'll get the crime rate down. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Vox:
Faheem, you're such a quasi socialist fundamentalist. If Marion Barry is so liberal, then why did he snitch on the people who robbed him?


Apparantly Marion Barry has not been taught the no snitchin rule...He was robbed to see if he would snitch, and now that he snitched it proves he deserved to be robbed, snitchin is what caused him to be robbed. ek
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:

You're right. We should do what your boy Bill Bennett said and just abort all black babies. That'll get the crime rate down. Roll Eyes


The fact that Bennet and his wive are virulent anti-Abortion activists is not enough to have you to admit how unlikely such an event is likely to happen under him as you said little about the ABORTION DOCTOR in Arkansas who offered to abort Black babies for free.
The Black people coming out of New Orleans had enough to deal with - why deal with a kid? Too much of a hasle. Right?
Faheem...it is not like Bennett said anything bad....neither did Trent Lott....why you black people always trippin on race?
I remind you CF that abortion is a Constitutionally protected right here in the United States. I'm sorry that that document holds so little merit with you.
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
Of course I expect MBM to follow up with a reply to the effect that "I am right" that Black people are savages or thugs or something foolish such as this.

To the people of Washington DC who have defended Marion Barry, seeing him as a victim of a conspiracy by Whites who don't want him in power, working on behalf of the poor in DC this must be tantamount to Rosa Parks getting robbed in her home despite asking the thug "Do you know who I am" and he not caring.

Things are NOT going to change in these communities by:

1) Blaming Black conservatives for everything
2) Pointing to how the police have beaten Blacks as well
3) Lobbying to insure that the Democrats increase their Black vote to 95% up from 90%
4) Telling us that these boys were damaged due to Slavery's legacy

The mound of dirt that so many of you have swept under the carpet is now becoming so high that you can no longer walk around it. It must be dealt with.

You all are so used to ATTACKING a problem rather than MANAGING a problem toward a fix. Now that the problem is WITHIN - what are you going to do (besides blaming the outsiders for FAILING these "insiders")?

I was at a bar right after "Katrina" and I saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that said on the front "F.... George Bush". On the back it said "We all we got".

You all make heavy use of the FRONT OF THE SHIRT.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START APPLYING THE MESSAGE ON THE BACK?

There will be no less than 100 people who suffer the same fate that Marion Barry did somewhere in the USA today. Their lack of noteriety will prevent their story from being told.


So...will things change as a result of your strategy....which is:

1) Blame everything on black liberals
2) Ignore incidents of police brutality and racism against blacks
3) Lobbying to increase the number of blacks who don't vote democratic.
4) Ignoring that the present is the summation and creation of the past.

5) being an UNCLE TOM or a white man pretending to be black


how does that strategy HELP?
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
I remind you CF that abortion is a Constitutionally protected right here in the United States. I'm sorry that that document holds so little merit with you.


So what you are saying then that IF BENNET or any other enemy conservative DID advocate mass abortion for Black babies - paying Black women to have them - YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT because it is legal?

What ARE YOU SAYING MBM?

It seems that you just presented "Manufactured Outrage" about Bennett's comments.

If in fact hundreds of thousands of Black women CHOOSE to have an abortion and this IN FACT does reduce the level of crime THE FACT THAT THEY "CHOSE" to abort the child is the OPERATIVE point NOT the resulting impact that closely parallel's Bennett's supposition?

I GOTCHA NOW DUDE.

The bigger offense is that HE DARED TO SAY IT.
MBM,

It is UNDERSTOOD those black babies would have been criminals...which really implies that criminal behavior is inherent to black people.......don't you get it? I wonder why i've never done time....maybe i'm white and do not know it.....because we know those white babies wouldn't have been criminals....they're not predisposed to it like the black ones (end sarcasm)..........
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin41:

I wonder why i've never done time....


Hey, we're still young! Wink
The sad part about it is TWO PARTS:

1) So many of us PROVE THEM WRONG - per the incidents in Milwaukee, DC and where the beatdown took place

and worst of all

2) Black people like YOU will go out of their way to DEFEND them. They will begin to understand how things work. They do whatever and then count on the "Slavery Did It" crowd like you to defend their actions.

The SAMBO music that put forth certain messages only reinforces this.

Kevin - Let me ask you - which FORCE do you think plays a larger part in the relatively low number of Black people who enter college each year:

a) The Proposition 209 type policies that elimate AA

b) The CULTURE that these students grow up in which is so often allowed to stray off course and snatch up an increasing number of Black people with the baseline intelligence to do otherwise but for the conditioning that they face?

TIME TO STEP UP PUNK.
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:

quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
I remind you CF that abortion is a Constitutionally protected right here in the United States. I'm sorry that that document holds so little merit with you.


So what you are saying then that IF BENNET or any other enemy conservative DID advocate mass abortion for Black babies - paying Black women to have them - YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT because it is legal?


CF - I'm being real patient and kind here. Now listen (read) carefully. There is a big difference between the state killing black children and women exercising their Constitutionally protected right to choice. I hope that even you can understand that.
quote:
women exercising their Constitutionally protected right to choice


At the end of either process the Black baby is................?

1) Alive because "We know not the womb that holds the king"?

or

2) Disposed of? Problem solved.


****
Nick Cannon - "Can I Live?"

Good thing HIS mother didn't express her "choice"

http://www.nickcannonmusic.com/caniliveqt.html

quote:
NICK CANNON LYRICS

"Can I Live"
(feat. Anthony Hamilton)

[Talking]
Talking Ma
I know the Situation is Personal
But it something that has to be told
As I was making this beat
You was all I could think about you heard my voice

[Verse 1]
Yeah Just think Just Think
What if you could Just
Just blink your self away..
Just Just wait just pause for a second
Let me plead my case
It's the late 70's Huh
You Seventeen huh
And having me that will ruin everything huh
It's alot of angels waiting on their wings
You see me in your sleep so you cant kill your dreams
300 Dollars thats the price of living what?
Mommy I dont like this clinic
Hopefully you'll make the right decision
And dont go through with the Knife incision
But it's hard to make the right move
When you in high school
How you have to work all day and take night school
Hopping off da bus when the rain is pouring
What you want morning sickness or the sickness of mourning

[Chorus]
I'll Always Be a part of you
Trust Your Soul Know it's always true
If I Could Talk I'd Say To You
CAN I LIVE
CAN I LIVE
I'll Always Be a part of you
Trust Your Soul Know it's always true
If I Could Talk I'd Say To You
CAN I LIVE
CAN I LIVE

[Verse 2]
I am a child of the king
Ain't no need to go fear me
And I see the flowing tears so know that you hear me
When I move in your womb that's me being scary
Cause who knows what my future holds
Yo the truth be told you ain't told a soul
Yo you ain't even showing I'm just 2 months old
Through your clothes try to hide me deny me
Went up 3 sizes
Your pride got you lying saying ain't nothing but a migraine
It ain't surprising you not trying to be in Wic food lines
Your friends will look at you funny but look at you mommy
That's a life inside you look at your tummy
What is becoming ma I am Oprah bound
You can tell he's a star from the Ultrasound
Our Sprits Connected Doors Open Now
Nothing But Love And Respect Thanks For Holding Me Down She Let Me Live...

[Chorus]
I'll Always Be a part of you
Trust Your Soul Know it's always true
If I Could Talk I'd Say To You
CAN I LIVE
CAN I LIVE
I'll Always Be apart of you
Trust Your Soul Know it's always true
If I Could Talk I'd Say To You
CAN I LIVE
CAN I LIVE
[Repeat 2]

[Nick Talking]

It's uplifting foreal yall
I ain't passing no judgement
Ain't making no decisions
I am just telling ya'll my story
I love life
I love my mother for giving me life
We all need to appreciate life
A strong woman that had to make a sacrifice
Thanks for listening
Thanks for listening
Mama thanks for listening


quote:
Originally posted by Kevin41:
MBM,

I wonder why i've never done time....


It's because people who think like MBM didn't snitch on you!

lol
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
women exercising their Constitutionally protected right to choice


At the end of either process the Black baby is................?


And therein lies the crux of your problem. You have the inability to understand that life is not black and white, but a pallette of hues. In your world, either something is fed you by a white conservative god, or it is wrong. How curious that your concern for "black babies" evaporates at birth. Where is your care for them as you withold healthcare, education, due process under the law, equality of opportunity, etc., etc., etc.?
quote:
either something is fed you by a white conservative god, or it is wrong. How curious that your concern for "black babies" evaporates at birth. Where is your care for them as you withold healthcare, education, due process under the law, equality of opportunity, etc., etc., etc.?


And YOU seem to know the talking points of the WHITE SOCIALIST rather well.

You see MBM - you have an open ended heart. You and other fundamentalist believe that you have MORAL SUPERIORITY because you stand for PROVIDING MAXIMUM BENEFIT FOR THE MASSES. How touching.

You fail miserably when it comes to the concept of EXPECTING SOMETHEM FROM THE POOR.

My wife and I COULD have a 3rd, 4th or even 8th baby. We know that by doing so it would impact us financially, time-wise, housing-wise and healthcare-wise.

In seeking to MAINTAIN OUR STANDARD OF LIVING we therefore take proper precaution to prevent another pregnancy. Many of my male friends who have similar concerns have gone under the knife. (Not the kid though. I am a breeder for life - if I choose).

You see the core problem with you, my friend Kevin and many others is that in your QUASI-SOCIALISM you NEED TO ALWAYS STAY NEAR TO A POPULATION OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PRODUCING THE RESOURCES for you to make use of to obtain the STANDARD OF LIVING that you wish to bestow upon the people THAT YOU ASK NOTHING OF.

(I will stop right here and allow you to think about this and have Kewli or anyone else refute this).

YOU WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER accomplish the permanent fix that you have planned for the poor masses BECAUSE YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HAVE THEM TO MAKE MAXIMUM USE OF THEIR POTENTIAL. You see your job as being INSERVICE TO THEM, bringing them resources for them to live.

As you stand for a photo op in front of a center that was constructed for their use USING FUNDS THAT WERE GENERATED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S SYSTEM OF ECONOMIC CREATION it is YOU who receive the thanks and the glory. THEY HATE THE PEOPLE WHO'S FUNDS MADE THE CENTER HAPPEN. You are the conduit. You win their praise and loyalty.

The day that you fear most is when the people who create the wealth DEPART FROM YOU. Your entire plan falls to the ground.

You say:
healthcare
education
due process under the law
equality of opportunity

I AM FOR IT BROTHER. These are COMMON GOALS that we both can agree on.

Now tell me though - HOW MUCH OF THESE DO YOU ASK OF YOUR "VICTIMS"?

Healthcare - do you ask them to live "healthy lifestyles" so that this may one day be realized or is it born out of GOVERNMENT services?

Education - same thing. Is "quality education" expressed in the construction of buildings, teacher salaries and brand new text books - just like de White folks have OR it is a COMMUNITY AFFAIR? (See The New Haven Charter shool and learn what an EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY that is taking place in an impoverished community looks like. Darn - not a regular public school - not acceptable)

Due Process Under The Law - A court system can "Due" in relation to how busy it is. What happens when you are a policeman, a public defender a DA, a judge when you see the SAME individuals who come through your system on a monthly basis? THEY DON'T RESPECT YOUR LAWS. Getting locked up for a hot minute is just the rules of the game. Do you think that these policemen, PD, DA or judges can lift the community up into respecting the law and improving the "Due Process?" (Oh no. I just BLAMED THE VICTIM.) MBM - DO You believe that you have "Due Process" where you live? Or is it a "Black thang" to have it be denied to you?

Equality of Opportunity? - On another Black oriented message board that I participate in one guy told me how he just opened a new "Subway" shop. He hired a BLACK contractor to do the interior. His entire staff is BLACK. In his mind do you think that he has "Denied Opportunity" to non-Blacks or provided opporunity to BLACKS? (Worse yet do you figure that any Whites CARE what he did as they are not DEPENDENT on the jobs that he has to offer - they have their own.)

Please tell me which one is it MBM - should Blacks seek to DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER BLACKS and hire other BLACKS or should we advocate for TOTAL INTEGRATION where a person is hired, contracted or housed REGARDLESS OF HIS RACE?
quote:
You see the core problem with you, my friend Kevin and many others is that in your QUASI-SOCIALISM you NEED TO ALWAYS STAY NEAR TO A POPULATION OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PRODUCING THE RESOURCES for you to make use of to obtain the STANDARD OF LIVING that you wish to bestow upon the people THAT YOU ASK NOTHING OF.




**MBM....I guess as an educator I just GIVE black people grades....and the black causes I give money to is just for them to live off of and not invest in their education and futures. I guess my support of affirmative action was not for black people to go to colleges and also be fairly included in jobs that show our historical representation as low...I guess I want jobs and education for black people to not utilize them and sit on their lazy welfare collecting azzes and watch TV....just like those dumbazz inbreds in the red states who know that W will save em. I never knew I was so non-progressive....but i'm a higher acheiver than the house negroes who bring the fact to my attention.....it is amazing that i could accomplish all what I have but not even think other black people are capable of the same...maybe I am a closet UNALIKE myself......(end sarcasm)
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:

Now tell me though - HOW MUCH OF THESE DO YOU ASK OF YOUR "VICTIMS"?


Based upon the onus you place on their backs, why do you call them "victims"? Please explain.

A woman has been repeatedly abused by her husband over the years. She walks into the police station, finally, seeking protection and relief. CF looks at her and says, "What are you prepared to do to change to help your situation?" Confused

First of all - she has taken the first step and is at the damned police station. Second of all, that she has survived as long as she has is a testament to her personal commitment to survival. Third, in the calculus of responsisbility - when the scales are tipped 99.99% to 0.01% - why are we even talking about the 0.01% at this time?

Robert Smalls, the black reconstruction-era Congressman from South Carolina said it best:
My race needs no special defense, for the past history of them in ths country proves them to be the equal of any people anywhere. All they need is an equal chance in the battle of life.

He said that in 1895. It is even more true today in 2006.

Another thing - since Bush, the wealthy class is getting bigger, the poor are getting bigger with the middle class getting smaller. Without knowing anything, I would bet that the black middle class has either grown or reduced at a smaller rate than has the white middle class. If that is the case, then that would seem to prove that much of what you blame African America for is really a product of class and poverty American-style as much as it is our particular race and culture. It will be quite interesting to see how you try to wiggle out of your world-view and position then.
lol
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
either something is fed you by a white conservative god, or it is wrong. How curious that your concern for "black babies" evaporates at birth. Where is your care for them as you withold healthcare, education, due process under the law, equality of opportunity, etc., etc., etc.?


And YOU seem to know the talking points of the WHITE SOCIALIST rather well.....


YOU ARE A FRAUD
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:

YOU ARE A FRAUD


Honest Brother - you are probably a funny brother in person and not half the PRICK that you come off as on this message board.
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin41:
You're right Vox...liberals promote crime and allow it to fester with their "stop snitching" culture...man if they could only possess the moral fiber those gud white conservatives and their progressive black following only seem to have (end sarcasm).


CF hates if a "liberal" does the "stop snitching" thing, but he is all for the Bush White House spying on Americans, silencing the Media reporting on his activities, and the Bush Admin. and Neoconservatives' "stop snitching" culture.
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
women exercising their Constitutionally protected right to choice


At the end of either process the Black baby is................?


And therein lies the crux of your problem. You have the inability to understand that life is not black and white, but a pallette of hues. In your world, either something is fed you by a white conservative god, or it is wrong. How curious that your concern for "black babies" evaporates at birth. Where is your care for them as you withold healthcare, education, due process under the law, equality of opportunity, etc., etc., etc.?


[Sarcasm]
Don't you know, MBM? Pregnancy is God's punishment against women for being whores and sluts! We shouldn't allow for women to have choices over their bodies, God wants men to use the righteous arm of law to decide things for wimmin.

They don't need no help once the babies are born. Being single mothers in poverty is God's punishment on them for being loose.
[/End Sarcasm]
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:

YOU ARE A FRAUD


Honest Brother - you are probably a funny brother in person and not half the PRICK that you come off as on this message board.


I'm funny when I wannabe. But with folk like you WANNABES I'm a PRICK. That's the * most * perceptive thing you've said so far. Congratulations!
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×