Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by folobatuyi:
I am lost? what do you mean by fashion?


fashion=trend or style or look

hey... well women have their hipster jeans, etc. guys their homey show-your-ass jeans and fades... I just wondered what is the latest thing MALES are doing/wearing to look cool/sexy?

And don't say iPod! Big Grin
Maybe it's just your own individual style not a trend you are following... like blancsanction... lol
Art-gurl, forget it, you're not going to get very many responses from men on this one. Unless he is a wanna-be pimp or a rap star, the average Black men doesn't give a damn about "fashion." They get a hair cut, take a shower, and put on the basics (jeans and shirt) and that's "fashion" enough for them. Yet in the Sistas Spot, we are getting advice on how we need to "change our hairstyles" and "wear different clothing" to attract men in 4 weeks. Go figure. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by AudioGuy:
Truthfully, the only fashion a man needs is either a nice car or a fat wallet... the rest doesn't matter.

Guys can look any old way and there will be an attractive woman who will "find the good in him" as long as his pockets are fat... JMHO


That might be true for the majority but it isn't true for me. I don't have time to be that shallow. Just have a mission or a goal and be working toward that. Unless you're born into money we all have to start at zero and work our way up.
Alright, check it out:

Brown phat farm sweater; brown Kangol hat ("leaning the brim" is optional); phat farm or standard white button-up shirt worn underneath the sweater; Regular Blue denim polo jeans (not too tight , not too baggy); and brown shoes work best, but wheat-colored low-top shoes works ok, too (they look like low top construction boots).

Or how about this:

Brown Dekko skully-cap (that's a low-cost cashmere skully cap...cheap but very stylish). When you put the cap on make sure the label is a little off to the side - like over your left eye. It works...trust me.

Cream-Colored Mecca zip-up sweater (with brown Mecca logo in the left chest area).

Underneath the sweater: White tank-top (Hanes or Fruit of the Loom).

Pants: This is critical-DEEP DARK BLUE denim jeans (relaxed or baggy).

Shoes: You guessed it: Payless wheat-colored low-cut shoes (shit they go with damn near everything)- you could go with black shoes, but make sure they're not too shiny, though.

When I put all this together, I unzipped the sweater all the way down mid-chest (exposing the tank-top); pulled-up the sleeves- giving you a more masculine look- I wore this ensemble to my sister's X-mas party (plus I had a 5 o'clock shadow). I looked so good even I wanted to fuck me!


It's cold in the NYC...winter is a bitch, shit but that's no reason to cramp my style!
quote:
Originally posted by SistahSouljah:
quote:
Originally posted by AudioGuy:
Truthfully, the only fashion a man needs is either a nice car or a fat wallet... the rest doesn't matter.

Guys can look any old way and there will be an attractive woman who will "find the good in him" as long as his pockets are fat... JMHO


That might be true for the majority but it isn't true for me. I don't have time to be that shallow. Just have a mission or a goal and be working toward that. Unless you're born into money we all have to start at zero and work our way up.


I have to agree with AG on this. A man needs to have a fat wallet if he is to support a family. Who the hell wants to marry a poor man and disgrace herself and her family. A smart woman would look for a man with a fat wallet, bank accounts, and good credit because that means this man won't be free-loading off you. tfro
quote:
what is the COOL men's fashion accessory right NOW?


Old-school sneakers! (Pumas, hi-tops, etc in styles from the early 90s). My 17-year-old nephews drove me crazy at Christmas looking for those things. Couldn't believe the prices and how quickly they were selling out. ohsnap

I think the teenage years are probably the last time most men care about what is "in." After that, they just want what feels comfortable or what looks good on them specifically. JMHO.
quote:
Originally posted by Rowe:
quote:
Originally posted by SistahSouljah:
quote:
Originally posted by AudioGuy:
Truthfully, the only fashion a man needs is either a nice car or a fat wallet... the rest doesn't matter.

Guys can look any old way and there will be an attractive woman who will "find the good in him" as long as his pockets are fat... JMHO


That might be true for the majority but it isn't true for me. I don't have time to be that shallow. Just have a mission or a goal and be working toward that. Unless you're born into money we all have to start at zero and work our way up.


I have to agree with AG on this. A man needs to have a fat wallet if he is to support a family. Who the hell wants to marry a poor man and disgrace herself and her family. A smart woman would look for a man with a fat wallet, bank accounts, and good credit because that means this man won't be free-loading off you. tfro


Rowe what you are saying and what AG is saying sound like two different things to me. It only makes sense to desire a man who can take care of his woman and family. But that term "fat wallet" has golddigger written all over it.
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchy:
Old-school sneakers! (Pumas, hi-tops, etc in styles from the early 90s).


Great Frenchy, encourage Black men's obsession with "tennis shoes." Roll Eyes I think we need to encourage brothas to move away from this obsession with atheletic gear. I hate to confess it, but the flyest dressers in D.C. tend to be the White guys, especially in the "artsy" parts of town. I recently saw this White dude with a very stylish hair cut sporting a warm-red velvet blazer, crisp white shirt underneath, relaxed-fit denim, and these wierd-looking dress shoes, with a subtle hint of red in them. He was also wearing a cashmere scarf that was tuck-tied around his neck. I wanted to ask him where he got it. White guys tend to invest a lot more thought into what they wear.
quote:
Originally posted by SistahSouljah:
[Rowe what you are saying and what AG is saying sound like two different things to me. It only makes sense to desire a man who can take care of his woman and family. But that term "fat wallet" has golddigger written all over it.


Oh my goodness sista, didn't you know, a Black woman who requires a man to have money in his pocket to support himself and his family is (and always has been) a "golddigger." Besides "golddigger" is a sexist term, mainly used to describe Black women. Therefore, I choose not to use it.
quote:
Originally posted by Rowe:
quote:
Originally posted by SistahSouljah:
[Rowe what you are saying and what AG is saying sound like two different things to me. It only makes sense to desire a man who can take care of his woman and family. But that term "fat wallet" has golddigger written all over it.


Oh my goodness sista, didn't you know, a Black woman who requires a man to have money in his pocket to support himself and his family is (and always has been) a "golddigger." Besides "golddigger" is a sexist term, mainly used to describe Black women. Therefore, I choose not to use it.


off But just let me interject that black women don't even seem to be willing to make reasonable investments in rising stock. I.e., when I was in graduate school, I couldn't get a sista to take a second look. Literally, the day after I got Ph.D. after my name and a job to go with it all of a sudden I was hot property.

Yes. Get a man that's worth something. But stop treating mate selection like (1) Shopping - product exactly tailored to fit customer's taste - or (2) hitting the Jack Pot: i.e., everything I want right here right now or nothing.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×