Skip to main content

Cosby and education:

 

" "...By his own admission, was a bad student, and "compiled a lackluster academic record from the moment he set foot in school" His sixth-grade eacher noted on his report card that, "William would rather clown than study." He dropped out of high school after he flunked the tenth grade three times.  He enlisted in the navy, where he got his GED, and then enrolled at Temple University, where he dropped out to pursue a show business career. His unifinshed bachelor's degree from Temple was eventually bestowed on him because of 'life experience.""

 

 Life experience? Really?  Hell, everyone who is a member of AA.org should receive a degree for 'life experience'. Let me move on:

 

""Cosby enrolled as a partime doctoral sutdent at University of Massachusetts at Amherst, which awared him the Ed.D degree in 1977 for a dissertation on Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. But not even that degree was unsullied by controversy: A professor who served on Cosby's dissertation committee, Reginald Damerell, said that Cosby hardly took a class -- and that he got course credit for appearing on Sesame Street and THE ELECTRIC COMPANY, "and wrote a dissertation that analyzed the implact of his show"  Damerell concluded that degrees likde Cosby's, "do not attest to genuine academic achievement. They are empty credentials" "

 

"Empty credentials".....

 

Remember what smith barney told us?: "They make money the old fashion way. They earn it"

 

 

If the same is true for educational achievements and accolades, then cosby can learn

a great deal from ER's nephew, no?

 

More on cosby, later.

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:

.....by also making the further decision to actually take care of those children by PARENTING them in a way that provides the safest, healthiest, most positive environment as they can possibly give them is 1) not too much to ask of a parent; and 2) would go a LONG way towards saving more of our children (from prison, gangs, drugs, and dysfunction) and sending future generations down a different and better path than their headed in right now........Raising children isn't rocket science, Raptor!!  .....  SIMPLY by caring enough about their child(ren) and their RESPONSIBILITY as a parent to look after them in a way that keeps them safe and healthy and on a path to a positive outcome.

"Rocket science"..., okay.

 

Cosby's daughter, erinn - "The loser of a daughter", cosby calls her. It is noted that errin had a problem with drug addictions. Perhaps this is one of thing Yemaya was implying about him looking in his own backyard before blowing up the spot on other folk.

 

Cosby said things like, "She was used by her boyfriends" "Developmentally, she's still around 11 years old". Erinn was 23 about the time she learned of what her father said about her. In the name of 'tough-love'...  Right. Moving on: "The problem isn't alcohol or durgs -- at the rehab center her urine showed up negative.  It's Behavioral." 

 

Regarding the 'RESPONSIBILITY as a parent to look after" their children, this is what cosby said about her and the drug issue, " She has to beat this on her own".  "It's going to take her hitting rock bottom"

 

"On her own".  As if he discovered she was on drugs all the while.

 

According to erinn:

 

"He was not there....I had already hit my rock bottom without [my parents] knowing about it.  The only reason they knew I was doing drugs is because I told them."

"I think it's really awful that he can say something like that, that makes him look like a saint and me look like a piece of shit.  I didn't use my boyfriends, they used me".

 

Not all was hunky-huxtable at home:

 

"The average family, if they're not divorced, has a mother and father who come home everyday.  Mine didn't... When I'd see him, it was always about school. It wasn't like, 'Let's talk, Dad...' We never were stable.  During the week, you'd go to school, then you're off on the weekend to wherever he was working"

 

Could her "behavioral' problem have to do with her dad not being there showing her love, so as a result, she turned to drugs and hangin' around folks with negative lifestyles?:

 

"I found myself surrounded by the wrong people. I used to live with wanting the... validation, especially from my dad, because he wasn't there. I guess I wasn't feeling confident, so you get involved with drugs".

 

Her parents were invited to join her in family therapy, but according to erinn they, "never showed up... I thought, 'Who were the best people to go to when you're crying out for help...!  He never had interest in what I was doing... Even the people at the rehab center were surprised, because they thought my parents would really want to know".

 

"...he did what SHOULD HAVE been done.  What you're SUPPOSED to do when you're a PARENT." Okay. Lets see here:

 

Erinn ALLEGED that mike tyson sexually assaulted her.  On that dyson reports:

 

"...She told them what had happened and they pledged to handle it. A couple of weeks later, erinn claimed that tyson confronted here in the same club, angry that she had told her parents and outraged that part of the agreement they [her parents] ALLEGEDLY extracted from him [Tyson], was to attend therapy for a year -- an agreement..."

 

Hold up.  Erinn goes to her parents about what had happened, and the best they could do is get tyson to seek therapy? To all the parents reading this, if your daughter came to you about being sexually assaulted, what would you do? Would you deal the situation by telling/recommending that the accused go get therapy?  Is this how you would "keep"...your kids..."safe and healthy on the path to a positive outcome"?

Last edited by Raptor
Originally Posted by EbonyRose:

I'll tell you what they DIDN'T have!!  They didn't have the utterly SELFISH mentality of being more concerned with satisfying THEMSELVES than putting the NEEDS of their children first.  They DIDN'T have the "I don't care where you are or what you're doing enough to actually CHECK on you" mentality that has a lot of these "young" parents leaving their kids with OTHER people who oftentimes hurt, molest, abuse, mistreat and/or kill them while the PARENT is off somewhere else.  They DIDN'T have a total lack of regard for how they spoke to and in front of their children, what they did to and in front of their children, who they let be around their children and what they let those people do to or in front of them.  They DIDN'T have the type of SELF-ABSORBED mindset centered around greed and materialism that makes so many of today's "young" parents think it's better for their child to have 'Air Jordans' than it is for them to get a good education.

 

Nobody "taught" young parents of yesteryear how to love and care for and nurture THEIR children. They did it simply because it's common damn sense that as a PARENT  you have a RESPONSIBILITY for the welfare of the innocent, care-dependent, CHILD(REN) you've brought into this world!!!  And if you're willing to take that RESPONSIBILITY even HALF seriously .... good/decent parenting comes naturally

 

Dyson:

 

"...In the 1914 publication Morals and Manners Among Negro Americans: A Social Study Made by Atlanta University....  Edited by W.E.B Du Bois and Augustus Granville Dill, Morals and Manners captures turn-of-the-century beliefs about the moral and religious condition of Black America by recording the responses to a questionnaire distributed nationally....The answers to question about good manners, sound morals, cleanliness, personal honesty and the rearing of children among other subjects, are categorized by thirty states of the respondents...In Alabama, it is noted that the "better families look after there children well," while others, the less well to do obviously, "are somewhat neglectful. " Another says that generally speaking, 'the rearing of children is well done, tho many fail thru ignorance and lack of character'. A respondent from D.C. agreed, sounding like a modified version of Cosby, saying that "[b]etter classes of colored people rear their children properly. Among the lower elements the children are not reared properly."  And, in a clear example of how things hardly ever change for the poor, one observer says that the "children are neglected in many cases from the lack of facilities to rear them properly, inadequate schools, neccessity of the parents to work and spend a little time in the house."  Another observer Alabama observer says that "[f]our fifths of the children are improperly reared" because the "parents in equal numbers have never had the proper training themselves." ... In Arkansas, it was the granting of too much freedom and the shifting of responsibility onto the shoulders of children at an early age that hurt them. "There is a tendency to permit children to have too many liberties before they are really able to see for themselves or really know what are the consequences that result from too early taking upon themselves the responsibility which belongs to mature years and I believe the parent is wholly in error."  In Georgia, respondent echoes.... "I do not think that that parents are quite as strict with their children as they were when I was a child.""

 

Now, if they had issues more than a 100 years ago (if we are to consider the time it took to research and compile the data to bring the folks back then that report), then it is very much disingenuous and soundly flawed to think that many of the ills that plights our community began with the generation that cosby exclaims.  

 

"...And if one were to take early twentieth-century criticisms", which du bois has documented, "of black youth", and the young parents of that time, "on face value, it was the generation of blacks that Cosby" [and ER bigs up] "praised in his speech..."

 

 

The data, if only empirical, should indicate that we shouldn't:

 

"....Too easily assume that our youth", and young parents of today, "are morally distinct from older generations", of which cosby comes out of, "which, through now lauded, were once condemned".

 

 

Now if dyson is wrong, or du bois, whom he referred to a good deal is wrong,  them prove it. I make a respectful request to those in favor with what cosby has said hold themselves to the same standards that they do to cosby's dissenters...

 

 

 

 Can someone pass the salt? This is off the dizzy doe! Raptor doing a Mike Tyson like intellectual azz whoopin. Them truth body blows about Cosby is making the competition weak. Can they punch back or will their corner throw in the towel......or come back out with more wild swinging that is hitting nothing but air?

 

Cosby as a family spokesman has as much credibility as a person who has failed investments giving tips on stocks. Yet, those on the right LOVE to quote what Cosby says about blacks every time the FACTS are brought up about how, for the last 400 years, this nation undermined the growth of the black community.

Last edited by Noah The African

Brotha Raptor wrote: Dyson speak as one who was victimized by crime:

 

""Give me yo' money, nigga," a voice iclily demanded of me as I walked with a female companion on a hot summer night in Detroit in 1977"

 

You are also aware my sista Kocolicious, that dyson has a brother doing life in the pen. And though dyson believes he didn't do that which gave him life behind bars he has acknowledge that his brother has made some messed up decisions.

 

Therefore, I don't think we can say the dyson is out of touch with 'the real deal'.

 

 

  My brotha...I don't KNOW if you KNOW....but!  I too was a victim of a horrific irreversible crime.  My son was MURDERED as he was merely walking DOWN a neighborhood where I grew up as a child.  He was preyed, then stalked and gunned down execution style by men who COULD have been MY children.  So although Dyson may have a brother in prison........I live in a prison of knowing I will NEVER get my son back...every. day.  The twist is....my child didn't make foolish decisions while walking down the street.  My son was three days from entering college to study to eventually become an elementary school teacher.  I don't know whether or not Dyson's brother was a grown man making these decisions that consequently landed him in jail for life....but!  He is still HERE!  And Dyson can talk to him anytime he picks up a paper and pen or telephone.  So...my perspective is completely DIFFERENT from Preacher Dyson.  Completely. 

 

And just cuz someone is elegant in speech which black preachers are KNOWN for....again it is a bunch of whoola...and invites those to listen.  I'm through listening.  Come join me in the bowels of the black community and SAVE our kids.  Bottom line.  Cuz it is easy to go to detention centers and juvenile halls, write books and talk to kids cuz for the most part you are NOT taking them with you....you leaving them right there with nothing but WORDS.  It's also easy to say "I understand how you feel cuz your parents are not around, have abandoned you or do not have the ability to help you get to the next step of your human development"....but that's where it ends!  To me it's just like some churches....preachers do all that good feeling talk...while passing the plate to line their pockets...and as soon as they are able to or get enough money....they may HELP you out.  See it too many times.  All these preachers/priests/bishops/reverends convincing folks they are the REAL deal...they know the REAL truth just cuz they can talk a good game....but!  In the meantime they are robbing folks blind....or feeling on folks' kids....or having sexual affairs outside their marriage....but!  Do absolutely NOTHING to uplift folks to a better position in life....but oh...they do talk soooo good.  Welll...helll....that's why they went to SCHOOL....to be convincing.  My brotha I come from a bible thumping family....with family members with degrees and PH.Ds like Mike....but!  I still can SMELL deceit.  Cuz why?  It's historical.....and I call these type of folks the "pied piper preacher pimps" cuz some folks are totally hynotized by the sound of their voices and will follow without question... but!  Not me.  But!  I'm just sayin

Brotha Raptor wrote: Let's not push the goal-line back another ten yards now. 

 

  How am I pushing anything back?  Just stating a fact is all.

 

 Are those rhetorical questions, highlighted? If not, then we should not deal in conjecture. 

 

Okay,  my brotha.  Please don't tell me how to ask or present a question...and if it sounds rhetorical to you...don't answer it.  As far as conjecture goes, what do you MEAN?  Cuz I am NOT  pulling out books and going toe to toe  with you on this issue regarding Cosby vs Dyson....I am however willing to share my perspective based on what I've read, what I know and what is common sense to me.  When you said conjecture....I'm confused. Cuz  I speak from the heart, personal wisdom/experience and knowledge...and most times when in debate I don't have a book in front of me to quote from.  Don't need it.  Can express myself very well. But I'm just sayin.  BTW:  My brotha I'm saying this with the utmost respect...just cuz we don't agree on this issue doesn't mean we cannot agree to disagree.  However, you know I am a little passionately rough around the edges in the way I present my position....so this is absolutely  nothing personal...not at all.  

Last edited by Kocolicious

Koco....truly sorry about the loss of your son. Nothing is harder for a parent than to lose a child....especially to sensless violence.

 

Back to the subject......why are you so enamored with Obama and not see him as just another smooth talker? As President....what has he done for the "bowels" of our community. What has Cosby done for those bowels?

 

The truth is that not all people can be successful as leaders in the bowls of the community. If you care about the community but realize that you do not have the personality or leadership skill set or trait......then what?

 

People like Dyson are like diplomates representing the interest of the black community to the outside world. It takes ALL KINDS and everyone has to respect his or her talent and not try to be something that they are not or could not.

Erin Cosby may have been a drug addict (which really has NOTHING to do with parenting skills .... or a lack thereof!!) ... but, was she EVER a kid without a stable, two-parent home??  Did she spend her childhood not knowing who - let alone where - her father was??  Do you really think she was able to attend 12 years of school without her parents knowing what her status and progress was all along the way??  Do you think her parents didn't care what she was doing in school?? 

 

Did she curse as a means of communication as opposed to using plain, ol' English to speak to her parents??  Do you think her parents cursed at and berated her the way a lot of the young parents that Cosby was talking about do to their children these days??

 

Bill Cosby had 5 children with the SAME woman!!  Erin was not raised with a collage of men/daddies running in and out of the house fathering a different sibling before moving on to their next conquest.  And, Cosby's son, who wasn't a gangbanger ... was shot and killed by a gangbanger ... who, if I remember correctly, was raised in the same kind of household/mentality (single-parent, absentee father, lack of supervision).  Should we blame the Cos - or his (lack of) parenting skills - on the fact that his son didn't grow up to be a successful, well-rounded adult, too?

 

I don't think comparing Erin's childhood to that of a lot of today's youth is really something that would equal a level playing field.

I think a  WHOLE LOT of assumptions are being made about poor people inorder to make a point. To take the worst case scenarios and then try to use that scenario as the general rule is just disengenuous, if not ignorant.

 

I often debate on forums and one thing I constantly here is folks talking about how the schools are not the problems.....but that the parents are the problem. That begs the question of why do so many "good parents" seek to take their kids out of certain schools and districts if what really matters was having good parents? In other words, as long as you are good parents it should not matter what school your kid attends.

 

These people just always want to blame the parents because they believe that everything is determined by PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, which should overide environments and conditions. The truth is that the environment outside the home plays a major factor in how many kids turn out. You can be a very good parent in a very bad environment and lose your kids to the streets. However, people just look at your children and assume that the parents were irresponsible because of the outcome of the child. The thing is that it takes OUTSTANDING parenting to overcome bad environments. Being a good parent is often not good enough. Usain Bolt might be the words fastest human but how fast can he run against a 50 mile an hour wind? His performance will be poor and less than the times of those who had no wind or the wind at their back. Being a parent in the urban ghetto is like running against a 60 MPH wind. It does not mean that they are bad parents because they post poor results. If a women has children by 3 different men that SHE LOVED, but the relationships did not work out, it does not mean that she is not a good parent.

Originally Posted by Kocolicious:

Brotha Raptor wrote: Let's not push the goal-line back another ten yards now. 

 

  How am I pushing anything back?  Just stating a fact is all.

 

 Are those rhetorical questions, highlighted? If not, then we should not deal in conjecture. 

 

Okay,  my brotha.  Please don't tell me how to ask or present a question...and if it sounds rhetorical to you...don't answer it.  As far as conjecture goes, what do you MEAN?  Cuz I am NOT  pulling out books and going toe to toe  with you on this issue regarding Cosby vs Dyson....I am however willing to share my perspective based on what I've read, what I know and what is common sense to me.  When you said conjecture....I'm confused. Cuz  I speak from the heart, personal wisdom/experience and knowledge...and most times when in debate I don't have a book in front of me to quote from.  Don't need it.  Can express myself very well. But I'm just sayin.  BTW:  My brotha I'm saying this with the utmost respect...just cuz we don't agree on this issue doesn't mean we cannot agree to disagree.  However, you know I am a little passionately rough around the edges in the way I present my position....so this is absolutely  nothing personal...not at all.  

My sista,

 

The last thing I wanna do is insult/disrespect you.  

I don't want any part of that.

 

The point I was trying to make is that dyson is out there trying to get at young folks in a positive way. He's not just sitting in his ivory tower (like cosby) shaking his finger at folks. 

 

Whether he reached out to those in jail 10 minutes before rough drafting for his book, really shouldn't matter.  I am saying that if we don't know, one way or the other, then we shouldn't entertain time tables without the facts. I don't know when he went to visit the young folks in jail, but if he has then what does it matter then?

 

And I am deeply sorry for your lost.

 

And I'm with you on the fact that we can disagree on things. Disagreement is not

an indictment on ones character. Our focus in on cosby/dyson. Not you or I or anyone

else.  We cool and its all love, fa'sho!

 

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:

Erin Cosby may have been a drug addict (which really has NOTHING to do with parenting skills .... or a lack thereof!!) ... but, was she EVER a kid without a stable, two-parent home??  Did she spend her childhood not knowing who - let alone where - her father was??  Do you really think she was able to attend 12 years of school without her parents knowing what her status and progress was all along the way??  Do you think her parents didn't care what she was doing in school?? 

 

Did she curse as a means of communication as opposed to using plain, ol' English to speak to her parents??  Do you think her parents cursed at and berated her the way a lot of the young parents that Cosby was talking about do to their children these days??

 

Bill Cosby had 5 children with the SAME woman!!  Erin was not raised with a collage of men/daddies running in and out of the house fathering a different sibling before moving on to their next conquest.  And, Cosby's son, who wasn't a gangbanger ... was shot and killed by a gangbanger ... who, if I remember correctly, was raised in the same kind of household/mentality (single-parent, absentee father, lack of supervision).  Should we blame the Cos - or his (lack of) parenting skills - on the fact that his son didn't grow up to be a successful, well-rounded adult, too?

 

I don't think comparing Erin's childhood to that of a lot of today's youth is really something that would equal a level playing field.

The deal is ER,

 

We are/were talking about parents caring for their children. Children. Be there one child or more. Cosby did not specify, so we can only see him where he's at.  Now you talked about it not being rocket science and stuff. If cosby agrees with you and or you believe that is what cosby was getting at, then what's the deal with erinn?   

 

Cosby grossly generalized.  That's your 'boy', so you rolled with his generalizing. So I got specific with a cosby parent/child situation and you are attempting to get into the "groove of the wax" of it by trying to rationalize/reason away that which cosby has carelessly  generalized regarding the masses without speaking more to the conditions that many black parents are exposed to.  The dude got into the "groove of the wax" regarding the plight of black children in the educational system of this country in his dissertation. To think that same kind of attention-to-detail, where the black community is concerned is not warranted is extremely flawed and makes him a hypocrite to the nth degree.

With all due respect, Raptor .... YOU brought Erin - and Cosby's parenting skills (or the lack thereof) - into this conversation.  Not I.  I can't begin to fathom a reason for that - or in reciting Erin's diatribe regarding her childhood.  But I wasn't the one who brought her up.  I simply responded to your choosing to do so.

 

I, personally, do not see Cosby's remarks being directed at the ENTIRE Black community ... or speaking of EVERY Black child and/or parent.  I see it more of a "if the shoe fits" scenario .... but, I have to say I am totally amazed at how many people who's shoe size those comments DO NOT fit the mold for seem to want to put the shoe on, model it around and take the comments personally - as if he was speaking TO or ABOUT them - when the criteria clearly do not apply!!!

 

I mean ... if you're NOT one of those parents who ARE being neglectful in their duties and responsibilities of raising their kid(s) ... then obviously, his comments were not directed towards you!!  There are PLENTY of those "dirty laundry"-type parents and kids whose REAL LIFE lifestyle mirrors exactly what Bill Cosby described.  Those people are not aberrations ... or a figment of anybody's imagination (unless, of course, you're one of those people living in denial of the reality of that type of  situation!!  ).

 

They say 'the hit dog yelps the loudest' .... well, it seems to me there's a whole lot of people hollerin' whom that rock never should have landed upon!!  Yeah ... it's a whole lot of people's FAULT that so many are in this position ... so maybe it's feelings of guilt or inadequacy where so many people are feeling personally offended!!  I dunno.  I really can't figure that one out.

 

I respect Bill Cosby for what he said because he told the TRUTH.  Period.  Plain.  And simple as that.  People willing to tell the TRUTH are so rare these days!!  And I'm a strong advocate of honesty.  Perhaps people are mad 'cause he said it. The truth is a hard and bitter pill to swallow sometimes ... and a lot of people don't like the taste.   But what he said is accurate, honest and true.  Which is good enough for me.

 

Yes, there are a million things he could have said ... and another couple million things he didn't say .... and I'm sure there's a few more million things that (in other people's opinions) he should have said .... But, what he DID say is the truth!!  More parents need to do a better job of parenting their children ... and our children need to be better educated ... not just in school, but at home, as well!!!

 

A look at the majority of the young brothers in our jails should be ALL the proof that's needed of that.

Originally Posted by EbonyRose:
With all due respect, Raptor .... YOU brought Erin - and Cosby's parenting skills (or the lack thereof) - into this conversation.  Not I.  I can't begin to fathom a reason for that - or in reciting Erin's diatribe regarding her childhood.  But I wasn't the one who brought her up.  I simply responded to your choosing to do so.

 

It is simple really. You're biggin' up cosby. I am saying cosby is a joke and sat out to prove it which I did.   If I were to wag my finger at you about doing this and don't do that and you were aware of the bones in my closet, you would not hesitate to pull my card on it. You would call me to task even if what I said, at face value, was right.  I know this, because you've done it (not to me) before.

 

quote:
I, personally, do not see Cosby's remarks being directed at the ENTIRE Black community ... or speaking of EVERY Black child and/or parent.

No. His remarks are directed at the ENTIRE poor black community, with hardly any lip service being paid to the exception.

 

quote:
I mean ... if you're NOT one of those parents who ARE being neglectful in their duties and responsibilities of raising their kid(s) ... then obviously, his comments were not directed towards you!!

 

When, say for example, some say poor blacks are "lazy" "irresponsible" "trifling" etc,

and though that cracka isn't talking directly at you, because you don't fit those category, you'll just let it ride, huh? After all, he/she ain't talken'bout you, right?  I do not have to fit in the categories he exclaims to take issue with it, just as you don't have to do crime to be outraged by it. I am not a 'rugged-individualist'. "I am we".

 

quote:
hey say 'the hit dog yelps the loudest' .... well,

ER,

 

Remember being in school, elementry, and the little boy was messing with the little girl; the little girl went to the teacher to tell that the little boy was messing with her. And the teacher would say, so that everybody in the classroom can hear, that 'the only reason why he's messing with you is because he really likes you'?  Remember that? You know it to be reverse-psychology. That dog/rock saying is just that.

 

quote:
I respect Bill Cosby for what he said because he told the TRUTH.

 I respect your right to respect whom you want. Your respect is not on trial. I respect dyson for exposing him TRUTH-fully, like the rash of corrupt preachers have been in the past eleven years (at least). And show that cosby is giving half-trues, which is dangerous.

 

 

quote:
More parents need to do a better job of parenting their children ... and our children need to be better educated ... not just in school, but at home, as well!!!

 

Okay ER.  I can not disagree with the above. Not one bit.

 

But let me ask you,

 

Based on the data the du bois put together, do you agree that that which you exclaim is not new? That these issues did not start with this generation, your generation, or even the generation that came before you?

 

P.S.

I have mad respect for you.

Sharing our contrarian views does not compromise that.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

Last edited by Raptor

Raptor,

 

Are you that scared of the white man? Whether you're too scared to admit or not, this ethnic group is going to hell and a hand basket. If you are that scared then it would behove the ethnic group to get its act together, because it is a walking red flag for every eugenicist out there.

 

Get up off of your knees, quit being scared and defensive.

 

Last edited by MaynardJ

Raptor,

 

Why are law abiding working black Americans supposed to get defensive about some lazy bastard factory welfare queen and her lazy criminal boyfriend(s)?

 

By your standards black Americans who work and are law abiding are of a lower tier than low class leeches.

 

In your mind those low lives are more of a representative of what you think black Americans are.

 

That's nuts.

Most of the people of this ethnic group fit at least one of the following:

 

Do not work (are not looking to work, because they don't want to work)

Are on some form of government program handout funded by taxpayers

Are serial out of wedlock breeders

Is a criminal or has a criminal history

Is a high school drop out

Is an illegal drug user

Behaves in an uncivilized manner or has very poor social skills

 

There are a lot of people knowing the above who think that black Americans are of lower intelligence and need to be either:

 

Eliminated (killed off)

Segregated from other ethnic groups

Forcibly deported

Placed into forced labor

 

 

Number 4 is most likely to happen since killing or deporting will cause negative press. Segregation would be too costly since black Americans do not run many businesses especially retail businesses, which would mean that they would have to be provided with the necessities for survival. That would be considered too expensive. Number 4 would be considered cost effective and putting people to work who are considered lazy by everyone else on the planet would not be seen by many as a negative.

 

So yes as someone and a few other blacks who see how blacks are regressing have said. Slavery is coming back. Either by working in new laws or just saying to hell with the Constitution. Most people no matter the ethnic group don't like black people anyway and see them as leeches and vermin, so it is not going to bother their conscious at all.

 

 

 

Last edited by MaynardJ
Originally Posted by Raptor:
Originally Posted by EbonyRose:

Bill Cosby had 5 children with the SAME woman!!  

The verdict is still out on that.

 

I'll explain more in detail later.

This woman named autumn jackson, claims that cosby is her daddy. While cosby denies that he is the father, he has admitted to having an extra-marital affair with her mother. Autumn was arrested and tried for extorting money from cobsy. Just wanna put that out there.:

 

Dyson:

 

"Eventually, however, it leaked out that Cosby had had an affair with Jackson's mother. At Jackson's trial at a Manhattan Federal District Court in July 1997, Cosby was forced to admit to a "single sexual encounter" in Las Vegas in the early 70's with a fan named Shawn Thompson.  Later, Cosby said the Thomson visited him and showed the star child's picture. "Doesn't she look like Ensa?" she asked Cosby, referring to one of her daughters.  "This is your daughter." Cosby's reply was short and simple. "I said, 'That's not my daughter,' and that was it." [...] Cosby says that Thompson promised to keep quiet about their tryst to spare Mrs. Cosby any embarrassment. (He eventually told her in the early 80's) Later, however, according to Cosby, Thompson constantly "borrowed" money from Cosby with an implied threat of telling Camille, a threat Thompson denied making.  Over the years, Cosby gave Thompson more than $100,000, either by checks in the names of friends whom he would reimburse. "Obviously, with the threats going and going," Cosby said in court, "I just didn't want her to have any sort of evidence that she could say, 'Well you paid this to me.'"

 

Robert M. Baun, one of Jackson's defense attorneys, was barred by Judge Barbara S. Jones from eliciting testimony on the issue of paternity. He was granted permission by the judge to try to prove that Autumn's actions as "a lawful negotiation of her rights as a daughter"[...] Baum seemed to imply that Cosby had sent mixed messages to Autumn: One one hand, he denied being her father, and on the other hand, he appeared to behave in a way that suggested he was.  For example, Cosby admitted in court that he told Autumn he loved her,  and he spent time with her--like the time Cosby described taking a high-school-aged Autumn to the taping of the episode of The Cosby Show in New York, and placing her photo on a piece of furniture on the set so that she could view it when she watched at home. Cosby made her feel special and encouraged. "You will see this picture of you, and this is to inspire you to go and become somebody."

 

Cosby also admitted that he had scrapped taking a paternity test in Chicago several years before the trial began because he feared that the results would leak out to the tabloids"

 

Now wait a minute. If the girl is not cosby's girl and a paternity test proves that, then was is the big deal with the tabloids saying, 'cosby had a paternity test and reveals that he is NOT the girl's father'??? moving on.

 

In all fairness, Dyson states:

 

"Before the start of the trial, Cosby had once again declined to take a paternity test, but after it was finished"... the trial that is...., "he offered  to take the test, and gave his blood, but Autumn refused to participate."

 

Recall cosby's, ""tough-love" approach to his troubles with Erinn"?

 

I wonder, when cosby ranted that girls need to keep their legs closed (as you have ER and rightfully so), was he thinking about shawn thompson, whom he had an extra-marital affair with?

 

I will close out the post with the assistance of dyson's remarks:

 

"Moreover, the bitter attacks Cosby has launched dishonor the incredible strength of character of millions of poor blacks who have never cheated on their wives and never had babies and not take care of them ( and in fact, have often reared children not from their own flesh).  Indeed, if the black folk who support Cosby contentions about the poor were honest, especially those who say we should finally air out our dirty laundry and be done with the protective secrecy that only seals our moral doom, they would have to admit that much of the moral miasma plaguing black America comes from the top down not the bottom"

Brotha Raptor wrote: The point I was trying to make is that dyson is out there trying to get at young folks in a positive way. He's not just sitting in his ivory tower (like cosby) shaking his finger at folks. 

 

   There are more ways than ONE to reach children my brotha.  Going to jail/detention centers/juvenile halls are just a few.  And it is no guarantee that just cuz you reach out in a place where they have to listen....they are going to and speaking in those places doesn't always mean troubled kids instantly get those ephiphany moments of clarity and it doesn't always mean just cuz you are there you have their attention.  Cuz many times there something much deeper going on with them....than just having the ability to listen and adhere to words of wisdom.  Trust me.  And....oftentimes you will find that there are some folks who do get it when you shake your hands at them...other folks may not. It is an individual "call" and everyone is not gonna respond in the same way.  That's just how it is.  

 

I always say reach out where you are....when you can....as long as you reach out.  Some folks have their own way of doing this....in their own arena/zone.  Bill used his books, television programs and other platforms to reach out.  Dyson use his own method to reach out.  However, sometimes it is the simplest thing that changes a person....it could be a word or a story or an experience...not academic words that one has to go reach for a dictionary...or not talking so fast[cuz in your head you know what you're attempting to say but] that person you're talking to becomes lost and feels you're talking beneath him/her....and then what happens?  This person shuts down and you lose him/her.  Plus ways of reaching youth are not written in stone.  Cuz children are different and you never know what you might say or do that will make a difference in their lives.  

 

Whether he reached out to those in jail 10 minutes before rough drafting for his book, really shouldn't matter.

 

I think it's does matter if your goal is to help children. Multi-tasking is not gonna work when the focus is on children.  Children need more than just a prelude to a book.  It means they are not truly number one in your mission to be a part of their solution. That's a preacher's mentalitiy.  i.e. "I'll preach it to ya....but!  You gonna have to give me sumething for it...whether it's material for a book or research.  I aint doing it for FREE."  You can't have it both ways. Plus kids KNOW when you care.  But my question is...does Dyson have children of his own?  Cuz to me that will make a big difference in what he is attempting to do.  And if he has children....he knows finding ways to reach them is an unpredictable dynamic...cuz children are not designed to get what is said to them the first time.  It's a process.  And that's why I said he has to be consistent and not be doing this to meet a book deadline. Cuz the way he is going currently ....I don't see him doing this as a parent or as an concerned member of the black community.  If I'm wrong...I would be extremely surprised. 

 

I am saying that if we don't know, one way or the other, then we shouldn't entertain time tables without the facts. I don't know when he went to visit the young folks in jail, but if he has then what does it matter then?

 

Now it's a lotta of factual thangs I don't know....but!  I grew up with Cosby....and totally understand where he is coming from in regards to the breakdown woes of blackfolks.  It's not as simple as black and white as Dyson wants to portray it.  Unity is hard work.  I do believe[by what we have been through in the last two decades or more] that some blackfolks have turned their backs on their children and as a result we have two generations of killer haters of their own kind.  Moving up with the Joneses[the desire in the 60s]....only split/separated the community in two....the haves....and the haves not.   We need more than just talk....we need to bring our children back into the community fold.  Cuz if a child can't read at the age of 11[gang banging age]...how in the hell is he/she gonna know what the hell Dyson is talking about? Jail or no?   First, we got to make sure that our children CAN READ and acquire the skills and tools of the word game before we start throwing all these big words at 'em.  Cuz all they are going to do is stare at you..making you think they understand....but!  All they are actually giving you are those "deer in headlight eyes." And if you are smart....as Dyson is, he should know this going in.  But clearly in my opinion, he doesn't.  Cuz if he did, he wouldn't hate on Cosby....he would see Cosby as another vehicle to reach out....and it would a form of subliminal partnership....but!  Just like we are currently, we are pointing fingers criticizing....instead of realizing it's takes all kinds to reach a mutual goal[Dyson vs Cosby is doing the same thang rivals gangs do to each other...and this divison makes massa absolutely delighted..cuz now the black scholars are behaving just like the thugs they are trying to reach]....but!  I'm just sayin  

Raptor wrote

 

Indeed, if the black folk who support Cosby contentions about the poor were honest, especially those who say we should finally air out our dirty laundry and be done with the protective secrecy that only seals our moral doom, they would have to admit that much of the moral miasma plaguing black America comes from the top down not the bottom" 

 

Here is your problem. Other ethnic groups like Bill Cosby. Bill Cosby is not considered a low intelligence parasite. So if Bill Cosby doesn't match your morality standards while for some reason Shaquanda with multiple bastards and Jaqerio with multiple arrests do, people will not see Bill Cosby as bringing down their quality of life and American society like they do the latter.

Last edited by MaynardJ

Who better to to discuss these issues regarding black folks, than black folk among black folk, aye my sista Kocolicious?

 

quote:
Originally from Kocolicious:

 

I grew up with Cosby....and totally understand where he is coming from in regards to the breakdown woes of blackfolks.  It's not as simple as black and white as Dyson wants to portray it....I do believe[by what we have been through in the last two decades or more] that some blackfolks have turned their backs on their children and as a result we have two generations of killer haters of their own kind.  Moving up with the Joneses[the desire in the 60s]

 

Most of us understand. It's been understood for over 100 years if we agree with du bois social case study on the matter. And this is where we differ:  Aside from dyson pulling cosby's whole card, dyson speaks about the complexities, conflict of our situation and he expressed that in his book while calling cosby to task.  Cosby doesn't not take that into account. His diatribe is "black and white" with no shades of grey. Cosby does not take a wholistic view of the matter. Yet he, and other who share his view, including myself, are bombarded with '...but is he right?'.

 

Kocoliciious, I know you know this. Like straight up:

 

When half-trues are told, specifically as they pertain to black folks, that which we can agree are negative aspects of our community. It then becomes very easy/convenient to de-humanize a people. And in doing so becomes very easy to subject them to injustices. To have a cop kill an innocent black man and nothing more then a slap on a wrist. You get the tuskeegee experiment on black folk. (As if they couldn't of found white folks with the siphilis and let them go without treatment to study the affect (I recommend the reading of medical apartheid by harriet washington)). 

 

I will even go as far as to suggest that this is the reason why those who dig cosby's rhetoric  do not show that same kind of support for the likes of a farakhan et al. It is because they bring a wholistic view to our situation.

Brotha Raptor wrote: Most of us understand. It's been understood for over 100 years if we agree with du bois social case study on the matter. And this is where we differ:  Aside from dyson pulling cosby's whole card, dyson speaks about the complexities, conflict of our situation and he expressed that in his book while calling cosby to task.

 

I still ask WHY DOES HE HAVE TO PULL HIS WHOLE CARD?  Why couldn't they just discuss this as scholars?  Why go out in the public first accusing?  Cuz truly this is a hoodrat approach....no?  I don't remember Cosby calling anyone out in a book...do you?

 

Cosby doesn't not take that into account. His diatribe is "black and white" with no shades of grey. Cosby does not take a wholistic view of the matter.

 

Sometimes you have to work with what you have.  Especially if you have some blackfolks who won't acknowledge even being from Africa.  Cuz they view themselves fragmentally without even realizing it.  So to say wholistic....or the big picture...how can you say that to a person who never left his neighborhood?  And most importantly....don't want to!

 

Yet he, and other who share his view, including myself, are bombarded with '...but is he right?'

 

Again....in the inner cities....not in Africa...not globally...but!  In the inner cities where we are plagued with a lack of education and violent behavior among our youth, no jobs and an revolving penal system....the bottom line in that scenerio is....yes Cosby is absolutely right.  He has his finger on what is currently happening in black neighborhoods across this country. 

 

Kocoliciious, I know you know this. Like straight up:

 

When half-trues are told, specifically as they pertain to black folks, that which we can agree are negative aspects of our community. It then becomes very easy/convenient to de-humanize a people. And in doing so becomes very easy to subject them to injustices. To have a cop kill an innocent black man and nothing more then a slap on a wrist. You get the tuskeegee experiment on black folk. (As if they couldn't of found white folks with the siphilis and let them go without treatment to study the affect (I recommend the reading of medical apartheid by harriet washington)). 

 

I agree with that my brotha. And I for one haven't forgotten the women who were killed and maimed just cuz they wanted to register blackfolks to vote in rural areas of the south-that was wrong too.  But when you know better, you do better.  You don't repeat circular thinking....and this is what this is. Dyson is not talking about new news.  It is the same as when Dubois and Washington were in conflict regarding who was right regarding the "black" issue.  And there are lot of things I disagree with Dubois and Washington.  But today....I haven't seen a known scholar in my lifetime  get on his hands and knees and do the 'WORK REQUIRED" in an effort to help any black child.  Not one...in my neighborhood.  How about you?  All I've seen thus far...dissertations, written social theories, research papers, articles and roundtable discussions..... but!  Not on human being addressing a human issue in a human way.  Papers and talk can't stop bullets. 

 

I will even go as far as to suggest that this is the reason why those who dig cosby's rhetoric  do not show that same kind of support for the likes of a farakhan et al. It is because they bring a wholistic view to our situation.

 

I don't agree with Farrakhan for other reasons.  Have nothing whatsoever to do with Cosby.  Trust me.  Not one thang.  But!  I'm just sayin

 
Originally Posted by Raptor:
 

P.S.

I have mad respect for you.

Sharing our contrarian views does not compromise that.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

 

Backatcha, darlin'!! 

 

When, say for example, some say poor blacks are "lazy" "irresponsible" "trifling" etc,

and though that cracka isn't talking directly at you, because you don't fit those category, you'll just let it ride, huh? After all, he/she ain't talken'bout you, right?  I do not have to fit in the categories he exclaims to take issue with it, just as you don't have to do crime to be outraged by it. I am not a 'rugged-individualist'. "I am we".

 

Okay, but, here's the thing .... If I were to take it that the person in question is speaking about ALL Black people (poor or otherwise ... say, as in a redneck, racist pig spewing hatred!) .... which, I usually don't, because I know better ... then, yeah, I'm offended!    But, honestly, Raptor ... the way I look at it is ... the TRUTH is that SOME Black people (poor or otherwise) ARE "lazy", "irresponsible", "trifling", "etc."!! And that's just the way that is.

 

(I mean, that's true for people of ALL races.  Not just Black people, of course.  But, I only care about Black people.  And so I'm only concerned with and only care to talk about Black people, at this point. )

 

Now, in my mind, people who say those things are only really TALKING about the people to which that applies ("if the shoe fits") ... and since the truth of the statement can't be denied, (at least on some level) I take it for what it is.

 

Quick point of personal experience:  A couple years ago, I, myself, was receiving unemployment.  And during the big fights about it in Congress, Republicans would say "receiving unemployment makes people lazy, complacent and not want to find a job."  My first response was to get pissed off ... until I really thought about it, honestly ... and I realized that for me, personally, they were 100% right!! 

 

UI didn't pay me enough money for my tastes, mind you ... but it DID pay enough for me to pay my bills!!  I had no "play" money left - which I was used to from receiving a 'salary' - that I worked for - but there was nothing left over from the UI check!!  Still ... I was content to collect that check if it meant I didn't have to get up and actually go out to a "job" to receive it!

 

That all came to a head when I wanted to go "home" to Cali for a visit .... and couldn't save up enough money to do it ... and do it right!  I did it anyway,  but  for that two weeks, I was poor, broke, and feeding off the kindness of my friends and relatives.  That turned the tide for me .. that I had to start making REAL money again.  But, before that, I was a textbook description of what those Republicans said I was.  I didn't like it one bit, but if I was being honest with myself, I had to admit that it WAS the truth. 

 

Okay ER.  I can not disagree with the above. Not one bit.

 

But let me ask you,

 

Based on the data the du bois put together, do you agree that that which you exclaim is not new? That these issues did not start with this generation, your generation, or even the generation that came before you?

 

You know what, Raptor ... let me put it like this!

 

Yes, our people have always had devastating-type problems such as this, in one form or another.  This particular problem, IMO, IS new, though ... in that we haven't had a problem wherein we're losing our generations of our children at the level or to the extent as we are now.

 

Do I blame EVERYBODY who's responsible for this particular dilemma??  Absolutely!!  My finger points in a variety of directions .... my generation, their generation, the White man, the parents, government, slavery, discrimination ... you name it ... and if they've (its) played a part, I'm ALL for giving them/it their due!

 

But here's the thing about the "blame game" ....

 

Let's say you and I are neighbors ... and for whatever reason, one day I come over to your house with a baseball bat ... and TOTALLY destroy your living room!!  I break up all your furniture, dent your walls in, break glass and pictures, and leave you with total destruction in your home.  You call the police and have me arrested.   And I go to jail and even do some time for destruction of property and a whole host of other charges!!

 

It's ALL MY FAULT that your home is jacked up ... no question about it .. and everybody knows it.  BUT ... at the end of the day ... who's gonna CLEAN THAT MESS UP and put your house back together for you???   

 

Unfortunately (and unfairly) .... YOU are

 

You can sue me and try to get some money outta me to help pay for the damage .. and you may or may not get it!!    But even though it's ALL MY FAULT and I am TO BLAME, you can't make me come back and fix everything.  It's YOUR house ... and unless you're willing to leave it destroyed - and live in it that way (seeing as how YOU didn't do anything wrong ... YOU didn't make the mess!!!) ... as wrong and unfair and disgusting as that is .... YOU'RE going to have to incur the hardship (and the EXPENSE) of FIXING IT UP YOURSELF!!!

 

And that's why, to me, all this "pointing the finger", demanding "responsibility" is doled out, "blaming the White man" (and/or anybody/everybody else on the list!!!), all the "why didn't Cosby say this or that",  and insisting on playing the "blame game" instead of acknowledging and addressing the MEAT of the problem itself (including the acknowledgement that these parents need to do a better job .. and that the raising of their kids is THEIR responsibility, first, last and foremost) ... is just a BIG WASTE of time, energy and argument!!

 

It doesn't matter WHO created the problem as much as it matters that there IS a problem and it needs to be fixed!!!

 

Yeah ... "the White man did it"!!! He's done MOST of the bad crap that befalls our community!!!  We know THAT!!  But ... in the whole scheme of things .. when it come to these types of problem ... SO WHAT??  I mean, really, that's another/different fight for another/different day.  The main and most important ISSUE here is ... WE need to clean it up!!  'Cause HE'S not gonna do it.

 

The problem is our children are running rampant and we're losing our kids.  Those kids are (first and foremost) their parent's responsibility!!!  That IS "black and white."  There's no "gray" area there. That's just the way it is.  Always has .. and always will be.

Last edited by EbonyRose

Sista ER wrote: The problem is our children are running rampant and we're losing our kids.  Those kids are (first and foremost) their parent's responsibility!!!  That IS "black and white."  There's no "gray" area there. That's just the way it is.  Always has .. and always will be.

 

  I agree.  We always had a THUMB on our kids.  They were well behaved....and feared us worse than GOD!!!  But!  Sumthing happened when $5 tennis shoes started costing $100.  Sumthing strange occurred when blackfolks were able to do things they weren't able to do...let's say....10 years before.  The focus was no  longer on the children.  Even though women worked back then....it was a system and routine that kept the primary focus in check.  And then after that....crack cocaine.  It entered the black community and devestated the female head of household in middle and low middle class families.  And as they say....the rest is history.  Aside from black men being preyed upon for gangs and prison life....there began a deep hole in the black community....and the difference from back in the day....NOBODY CARED ENOUGH to fill the hole.  It was every man for himself.  That NEVER happened before. 

 

Black celebrities [which Cosby is responsible for opening door due to his positive film presence] and those hard working blacks and approaching educated blacks who were beginning to make good money as a result of a new era.....didn't reach back to help[as we once had]...they kept going and actually NEVER looked back and when they finally did....what we have today is what they saw....but!  It wasn't enough to make them come back.  Oh no! 

 

And the thing I have against Dubois is his statement about the Talented Ten...cuz we developed the Talented Haves from the ramifications of the civil rights movement and still as some blacks gain more and more financially they did not feel obligated whatsoever to do what Dubois proposed the Talented Ten would do.  Plus!  I just can't get with this "class" thang he also talked about.  Cuz to me...it's still caste class....without the word "caste."  We have to look at what is going on today....and not just talk about it.  Enough talking.  Cuz the black community is like a car.  A car need wheels to go, an engine, a starter and other components. Without any of it, the car won't move.  Cosby is the wheel, Dyson may be the engine or the starter or whatever.  But the important point is we need everything to be attached in order for the car to be complete to work.  It's called unity.  Instead of pointing fingers at the wheels.....the engine need to cooperate so that we as a community to get to the next destination of success....otherwise we will be an abandoned car [as we are currently as a community] with wild grass and weeds growing underneath instead of moving onward toward our well deserved productive future....but!  I'm just sayin 

And the thing I have against Dubois is his statement about the Talented Ten...cuz we developed the Talented Haves from the ramifications of the civil rights movement and still as some blacks gain more and more financially they did not feel obligated whatsoever to do what Dubois proposed the Talented Ten would do.  Plus!  I just can't get with this "class" thang he also talked about.  Cuz to me...it's still caste class....without the word "caste."

du Bois published that Talented Tenth business in 1903.  And back then it probably made a lot of sense.  The first radio broadcast was not until 1906.  du Bois was 50 years old in 1918 and television showed up in the 50s.  du Bois died in 1963.

 

Who decides who the Talented Tenth are in the electronic age?  Broadcasters promote whatever crap attracts the biggest audience.  Everybody is supposed to be brainwashed into being stupid.  Cosby made the big time before television got really stupid.

 

But this is not du Bois' or Cosby's fault.

 

What sense does it make that double-entry accounting is 700 years old and we have cheap computers everywhere and the palefaces bitch and moan about education and jobs but can't suggest something as simple as mandatory accounting in the schools?  When have ANY Black leaders said anything about it?

 

We are misdirected with BULLSH!T.   Infodreck!

 

Xum

Last edited by Xumbrarchist

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A FEW FACTS ON … “DR” BILL

( “THE WIZARD-OF-COS” ) COSBY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

The person who is now referred to as "Dr."
Bill Cosby ("THE GREAT-And-POWERFUL COS")

is quite simply The World's Biggest Hypocrite …

and this is being stated .... Due To the FACT that:

.

(In addition to (1) his well-known, and unrepentant,

Adultery and Womanizing; (2) the Sexual-Assaults

of which he has been repeatedly-accused (and

paid "hush money" to keep this out of the press);

(3) his Double-Standard regarding the subject of

interracial-romance; (4) his abandoning, as well

as (5) his vile mental and cruel emotional abuse,

of his (known) Out-Of-wedlock-Offspring; etc. --

(5) even the way that he "obtained" (i.e. Purchased)

his so-called "doctorate" degree is just yet another

example of how ... the "super-rich" can quite easily

buy their way out of or into nearly any and everything.

.

Cosby is 100% BOTH a Fraud AND a Hypocrite --

AND he is the last person on the planet who we,

as the decent and moral members of our society,

should 'hail' as being the one who we deem as

"worthy" of being selected as THE MESSENGER

of bringing THE MESSAGE (which, anyone with

a brain stem can see is a GREAT MESSAGE)

to his own people -- (particularly seeing that

he secretly-lives in the very EXACT SAME

lifestyle as do those in his group that he

both hypocritically and publicly-condemns)

.

(THE LINKS BELOW PROVIDE MORE ON

… “THE-GREAT-AND-POWERFUL-COS&rdquo

.

https://www.facebook.com/speak...amp;total_comments=7

.

https://www.facebook.com/speak...amp;total_comments=7 

.

Now --- before anyone MISUNDERSTANDS

the POINT that I am making here … perhaps

you may be interested in noting the FACT that

---- it is "THE MESSENGER" (who is nothing

more than MERELY …. (1) an Un-repentant and

Adulterous-Cheater and Notorious-Womanizer;

(2) a Stereotypical-Breeder of at least one KNOWN

Out-of-Wedlock Child… that he then left up to the

government (via the very hard-working American

taxpayers) to have to support; (3) someone who has

been accused of RAPING multiple women (whom he

later ‘paid off’ or ‘threatened’ in order to keep silent);

AND (4) someone who (although he brags about his

degrees ad-nauseum) did NOT actually 'earn' even a

SINGLE ONE of his purchased educational-degrees)

--- and that IT IS *NOT* "THE MESSAGE" that I'm

CONDEMNING and / or criticizing in my comments.

.

The "Great and Powerful Cos" is both just a total
hypocrite (as, he does the very same things that
he condemns his own people for when they do it)
and is also a 100% Fraud; he is the last person on
the planet who should have made any statement in
regard to the bad-behaviors of his people (seeing
how he is truly "no different than they … only richer");
and it's high time that someone both noticed and
exposed 'The Man Behind The Curtain” and
used a "worthy" person found within his group
in order to try to get his people into the shape
that their earlier leaders once sought for them.

.

Cosby is a disgrace to every actual DECENT (and

non-hypocritical) American who (unlike him and

those of his ilk) actually are living lives of VERY

hard work and moral behavior -- and (unlike this

Cosby-fraud) are not rich hypocrites and frauds who

are no different than the people that we scold ... but

we (those of us Americans who ACTUALLY are the

hard-working tax-payers) do NOT have the millions

of dollars (that Cosby-the Fraud) had with which to

buy ourselves out of or into any situation .. and then

pretend to be different from those that we criticize.

.

Maybe if all of those Black people of America had

heard from someone within their group who was not

some WELL-KNOWN and TOTAL 100% FRAUD --

those people would have taken the advice that was

handed to them (unfortunately by Cosby-the-Fraud

--who, again, behaves in the EXACT SAME manner

which he condemns when it is done by other people).

.

There are plenty of actual moral and hard-working

people found among his grouping (some of whom

are even as well off as is 'The Great and Powerful

Wizard of Cos') and those are the people to whom

the rest of us should tell them to listen in order to get

their lives and communities improved and in shape.

.

Also, in regards to the matter of the “The Great and

Powerful ‘Wizard’ of Cos … Crowned-Prince of the

Hollywood-Celebrity Myth-Making-Machine’ ,,, what

is even more appallingly-sad is that … his vile and

odd behaviors seemed to have actually become

worse … as he advanced in both age and status.

.

For example ...

.

(1) even more women (none of whom have

anything to gain) have come forward about

'recent-attacks' that he has made -- and this

is even 'after' he 'paid off or threatened' the

initial group of women (and who knows how

many victims that one would find if one went

back to the 'swinging sixties and seventies)';

.

(2) many of his 'surviving children' -- such

as his (in-wedlock) daughter 'Erinn' AND

his (out-of-wedlock) daughter ' Autumn'

-- have openly kept a 'distance' from

this individual in their adult-lives.

.

Their distancing of themselves from him could
be related to (1) just how horrifically he treated
(his in-wedlock daughter) 'Erinn' -- both after
she was physically-assaulted in an attempted
RAPE by an infamous and notorious celebrity
(as, he merely met with the admitted-assaulter
and then simply had the person 'promise to get
mental-therapy’ rather than work to have him
serve any jail time') and (2) how badly he also
treated her before, during and even after she’d
become addicted to drugs (which she then also
managed to beat – all without any help from
good ole' Bill "America's Dad" Cosby) -- AND --
related to (3) just how horrifically he treated
(his out-of-wedlock daughter) 'Autumn' --
wherein (after he left her to have to grow up
living off of the government-welfare money
throughout her entire life) he then later also
had her 'arrested and imprisoned' (while she
was pregnant with twins and even after a
U.S. Appeals-Court overturned her original
-- and Cosby-arranged -- conviction) for
daring to even consider an offer given to
her by a tabloid to interview her about her
relationship with Cosby (and all as he made
sure that Autumn's husband did not spend
even one day serving a minute of jail time).

.

It is unknown why 'The Great Cos' is so awful

to the women (including his own daughters)

who have had 'the misfortune of being a part

of his life' -- or -- why he would have been so

'lenient' on the man who 'admittedly' tried to

RAPE his own daughter -- all while going

out of his way to have another daughter

IMPRISONED (while pregnant with

twins) but protected her husband.

.

Perhaps -- being an accused-RAPIST himself

-- he related to and empathized more with his

daughter's attempted-RAPIST than he did

with his own daughter and / or -- being a

perceptively-MISOGYNIST -- he felt an

odd desire to cruelly IMPRISON his own

(pregnant-with-twins, at the time) daughter

while also keeping her husband totally safe.

.

The man strikes one as being BIZARRE,

a complete and TOTAL FRAUD and a

rather DANGEROUS individual ... BUT...

because he shows himself to be so willing

to hypocritically-PARROT the MESSAGE

(that every "race" -- including the 'black'

one -- have been telling his people for

literal-decades) -- and with so very many

(so-called) "conservative" outlets being so

willing to allow it's readers to both innocently

(and erroneously) make the conclusion that

this UTTER-FRAUD is some sort of "a good,

decent family-man and great role-model for

his people" -- he thought he could get away

with his "Made-In-Hollywood" celebrity-charade.

.

Such an image being portrayed by this

hypocritical-parrot who attempts to ape

(always in "word" -- but never in "deed")

the behavior of the people who actually are

the truly-decent, hard-working Americans

-- is really just a complete insult -- as is the

'protection' that conservative-outlets are

naively offering to this beastly-behaving,

complete fraud (who secretly lives a life

that is much more similar to that of the

average "rapper" -- that he is more than

willing to 'publicly'-condemn, all while

also 'privately'-emulating -- than it is to

that of this fraudulent media-created

image of him as being "America's Dad").

.

Thank God – that truly decent-people are 'willing

 to listen' when someone dares to 'break out of the

ranks' and publicly-present the truth on just how

inappropriate THE MESSENGER (known as Bill

Cosby) is to have been the (self-appointed and

media-protected) one to bring THE MESSAGE

(which is actually a very good one that has also

been presented to his people for literal-decades)

to those people found within his own "racial"

and ethic grouping that would need to hear it.

.

Thanks to all who are willing to view ‘The True

Facts … on THE FRAUD known as … The-Cos’

and I also hope that you will have a very nice day.

.

Sincerely,

.

-- AP Gifts

.

allpeoplegifts AT gmail DOT com

.

http://www.youtube.com/user/apgifts/about

.

RELATED LINKS:

.

https://www.africanamerica.org/...y=218867131696282944

.

http://www.byroncrawford.com/2...bill_cosby_not_.html

.

http://theybf.com/2014/02/14/j...ave-stories-for-days

.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/11...n-of-bill-cosby.html

.

http://majorcox.com/blog/1997/...-kind-of-child-abuse

.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/...n_jackson/index.html

.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/nov/16/news/mn-34071

.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/jul/16/news/mn-13121

.

http://news.google.com/newspap...&pg=3822,2314165

.

http://nypost.com/1999/06/10/c...ues-california-style

.

http://articles.chicagotribune...son-antonay-williams

.

http://www.people.com/people/a.../0,,20092196,00.html

.

http://www.who2.com/blog/2010/...educational-timeline

.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...Bill_Cosby_-_USN.jpg

.

http://emotibot.net/pix/3465.gif

.

https://www.facebook.com/speak...amp;total_comments=7

.

https://www.facebook.com/speak...amp;total_comments=7

.

QUOTE:

.

"Bill Cosby's "doctoral thesis" was titled

.

"An Integration of the Visual Media

via Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids ...."

.

It's 142 pages long, with another 100

pages of bibliography and appendices.

.

Many sources (including the usually reliable

Museum of Broadcast Communications)

claim that Cosby "earned" his "doctorate" ...

.

However ...It doesn't sound like

Cosby went to school full-time

(or even part-time) to get his degrees.

.

His bachelor's from Temple came
in 1971, years after he left school.
.

Temple "awarded" him the degree

"on the basis of life-experience" ...

.

His grad degrees were also "legitimately given",

...but the details of how and when exactly

he squeezed in classes are a bit elusive...

 .

[Cosby] dropped out of high school after

he flunked the tenth grade three times.

.

He enlisted in the navy, where he got his GED,

and then enrolled at TempleUniversity, where

he dropped out to pursue a show business career.

 .

His unfinished bachelor's degree from

Temple was eventually bestowed

on him because of "life experience."

 .

Cosby enrolled as a part-time doctoral student

at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst,

which awarded him the Ed.D. degree in 1977 for

a "dissertation" on 'Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids'.

.

But not even that degree was unsullied by controversy:

.

A professor who served on Cosby's

“dissertation committee”, Reginald

Damerell, said that Cosby hardly

took a class -- and that he got

"course credit" for "appearing on"

Sesame Street and The Electric

Company, "and wrote a "dissertation"

 that analyzed the 'impact' of his show."

.

Damerell concluded that
degrees like Cosby's

"do not attest to genuine
academic achievement.

They are empty credentials."

.

Dyson's book [addresses Cosby's] blaming

black parents and kids for their failures --

"It's a good thing Cosby didn't have

Bill Cosby around to discourage

him from achieving his goals," ...

.

As a final side note, Cosby's wife
Camille "earned"her own "doctorate"
 in 'Education' from the University
 of Massachusetts in 1992.

.

So there are two Doctor
Cosbys in the house.

.

SOURCE:

.

http://www.who2.com/blog/2010/...educational-timeline

.

OTHER LINKS OF POSSIBLE INTEREST:

.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...akeupCall/message/14

.

http://www.facebook.com/allpeo...osts/300777016632181

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...n-Mixed/message/4236

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...WakeupCall/message/6

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...n-Mixed/message/4238

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...n-Mixed/message/4154

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...n-Mixed/message/4153

 .

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/...n-Mixed/message/2885

 .

http://www.youtube.com/user/apgifts/about

.

(C) / 2014 / APG / ARR 
.

Last edited by APGifts

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×