Skip to main content

September 10, 2008

Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt




NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) "” Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

"Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let's get that straight," Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.


"She's a truly close personal friend and she is qualified to be President of the United States of America, she's easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me," he continued.

"I mean that sincerely, she's first rate."

After dropping out of the presidential race in January, Biden refrained from endorsing either Obama or Clinton "” unlike most of the other Democratic contenders who followed. He told donors at a fundraiser in Boston Wednesday morning that after his withdrawal, Obama asked for his support but Biden declined because of his relationship with Clinton.
 
 BLACK by NATURE, PROUD by CHOICE.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by EbonyRose:

Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) "” Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

"Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let's get that straight," Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.



It might have been an awkward thing for him to say.

But it seems from the CONTEXT - if that's actually important to anyone here - that Biden was graciously and self-deprecatingly defending a friend.

Looks to me like loyalty and humility which - last I checked - are virtues.

Maybe there's more to it. But it seems from the context here that his remarks were in response to one of his own supporters who was bad mouthing Hillary.

That's very different from him saying - absent the context - that Hillary would have made a better VP pick.

So if you want to call it a gaffe call it a gaffe ....

But making more of it than it actually is ... is BS ...
quote:
Originally posted by Romulus Burnett:
Thank you, once again, for proving my point for the 12,345,989th time, IvoryRose, or should I say Ruth the African? Continue feeding that distraction machine with pointless, spiteful, vendictive bullshit--planting seeds of doubt instead of focusing on the real issues.

Thank goodness I'm on permanent ignore. Been on ignore since I joined this site.


LOL ... what's wrong with you, fool?? Confused I'm not the one in doubt ... you need to be talking to Biden .. not me!! Eek

I KNEW he should have picked Hillary!! Big Grin I told you dumb ass that months ago!

What you need to do is stop being so scary and try to have a little faith that your boy can pull a (miracle) rabbit out of his hat after being outplayed for not picking Hillary (or did he outplay himself 19) by the Repubs and their Soccer Mom Barbie choice for VP!!

You need to learn the difference between emotional hysterics (hating Hillary for the sake of hating) and critical thinking (realizing she had the votes he needs right now to counter the sleazy, underhanded Republican Party trick machine that has all those mindless middle-America White folks just salavating at the mouth to further screw this country all to hell!!!

And by the way ... the Drama Queen look does not suit you well at all!! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by EbonyRose:
September 10, 2008

Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt




NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) "” Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

"Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let's get that straight," Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.


"She's a truly close personal friend and she is qualified to be President of the United States of America, she's easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me," he continued.

"I mean that sincerely, she's first rate."

After dropping out of the presidential race in January, Biden refrained from endorsing either Obama or Clinton "” unlike most of the other Democratic contenders who followed. He told donors at a fundraiser in Boston Wednesday morning that after his withdrawal, Obama asked for his support but Biden declined because of his relationship with Clinton.



NOTE TO BIDEN: I do not need to know who you are "friends" with or who you "deeply admire". I need to see your ole azz doing what veep candidates do: acting as a bulldog

GET TA BARKING! bang
quote:
Originally posted by Cholly:
Aah, the media Kool-Aid. Biden was only referencing and supporting his friend Hillary with that response.

Stop buying the media spin & bullsh+t.


you need to go to youtube and watch the video.

biden said one of the dumbest things a v.p. candidate could ever say.

come november 5 you and the rest of the obama kool aid drinkers are going to second guess the biden selection if you aren't already doing it now.

www.votetruth08.com
quote:
Originally posted by marcus3x:
quote:
Originally posted by Cholly:
Aah, the media Kool-Aid. Biden was only referencing and supporting his friend Hillary with that response.

Stop buying the media spin & bullsh+t.


you need to go to youtube and watch the video.

biden said one of the dumbest things a v.p. candidate could ever say.

come november 5 you and the rest of the obama kool aid drinkers are going to second guess the biden selection if you aren't already doing it now.

www.votetruth08.com

------------------------------------------------

And? This all part of the election cycle's ups & downs, it changes every day. No problem a all.

But for your benefit and psyche, Marcus3x, just say these two words three times very slow & out loud: Cynthia McKinney, Cynthia McKinney, Cynthia McKinney. 20 20 lol lol laugh laugh 20 20

I kinda thought you "lived" in Kansas. dance
quote:
Originally posted by marcus3x:
quote:
Originally posted by Cholly:
Aah, the media Kool-Aid. Biden was only referencing and supporting his friend Hillary with that response.

Stop buying the media spin & bullsh+t.


you need to go to youtube and watch the video.

biden said one of the dumbest things a v.p. candidate could ever say.

come november 5 you and the rest of the obama kool aid drinkers are going to second guess the biden selection if you aren't already doing it now.

www.votetruth08.com


Note to Marcus: Everyone is a "Kool-Aid drinker". Your flavor just happens to be named Cynthia McKinney. Everyone supports something, and just because you're supporting a candidate who doesn't a have chance at becoming president doesn't make you any less of a supportive drinker. So get off your political high horse, because your political views are not superior to anyone else's, get a straw, and drink up like the rest of us. Bottoms up.
quote:
Originally posted by EbonyRose:
September 10, 2008

Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt




NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) "” Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

"Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let's get that straight," Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.


"She's a truly close personal friend and she is qualified to be President of the United States of America, she's easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me," he continued.

"I mean that sincerely, she's first rate."

After dropping out of the presidential race in January, Biden refrained from endorsing either Obama or Clinton "” unlike most of the other Democratic contenders who followed. He told donors at a fundraiser in Boston Wednesday morning that after his withdrawal, Obama asked for his support but Biden declined because of his relationship with Clinton.


What I got from this article piece is that Biden wanted to emphasize to voters that as a woman, Senator Clinton is just as qualified to be vice president as he is qualified. And I believe that he is discussing this with voters because of all of the attention that Gov. Palin, McCain's VP choice, has been receiving from the media. Perhaps Biden thinks that if he publicly acknowledges Clinton's qualifications, then her supporters won't jump ship, thinking that the Democratic ticket is a "for men only" party. Essentially, Biden seeks to retain Clinton's supporters (within the party) by offsetting the attention that Palin is receiving. Biden is NOT doing this to ruin his chances of winning, and he's NOT doing this because he feels less qualified than Senator Clinton. In fact, Biden is making these statements in order to secure his chances of winning by retaining the support of Clinton and her supporters.

I agree with other members who have urged Biden to let the past be the past and expect voters to ACCEPT Obama's VP choice. What's done is done. If voters wanted Senator Clinton to be nominated for anything, then they would have voted to make Clinton the presidential nominee, because they certainly had the opportunity, but this time around, they didn't. So America is getting exactly what they voted for: Obama. And if America is truly ready for change, then they will choose the best person for the job, which is of course Obama.
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×