quote:Washington, D.C. -August 10, 2005 – A group of African American Republican activists, and their supporters from around the country, will announce the formation of a national grassroots organization...
"The creation of the National Black Republican Association is the product of the dreams and efforts of scores of black Republicans across the nation," said interim Chairperson Frances Rice, co-founder of a black Republican group in Sarasota, Florida. "Black grassroots activists have always been involved locally and nationally within the Republican Party, but there was always agreement that we needed a national organization to represent the interests of Republicans in the black community. We also needed an organization that will effectively counter the disinformation concerning Republicans..."
Okay, let's get some real, honest explanations for this:
Click on BLACK GOP and you get these luminaries listed under the banner of "Celebrating Black Republicans"
Yes, that's right.
- Martin Luther King Jr. = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Carter G. Woodson = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Frederick Douglass = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Mary McCleod Bethune = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Harriet Tubman = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Ida B. Wells = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- Sojourner Truth = BLACK REPUBLICAN
- A. Philip Randolph = BLACK REPUBLICAN
Are they serious?
Sad.... just sad....