Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Kweli4Real:

Yes, a biometrically tied transfer system is somewhat troubling, but more more so than the current debit/credit card system ... that also tracks individual purchases. It is my belief that there will always be some form of hard currency because there will always be a black/gray market that avoids transparency.


I meant to address this point you made before Kweli... but I disagree with you that there will always be hard currency simply because of criminal markets. In fact the criminal element may be a factor in people accepting doing away with hard currency...because it would be virtually impossible for fraud to occur in a biometric based system....
Most people who are worried about the Dollar crashing either don's have a Dollar, or they are not trying to fine a way to get hold of "one", and do something with it.

The deteriotation in the Black Community is directly related to "Negative" thinking, and as long as we continue to encourage that type of mentality in our people we will continue to see a decline in us as a group.

Blacks, or African Americans have to get up in the morning and have positive thoughts about what they expect to accomplish for the day. Always read into the Daily negative Headlines a positive message, and try to get something from the negative whereby you can eek out something positive to advance your condition,

We can't allow the negativity of the many things that go on around us to lead us in a similar direction. Blacks have always had ups and downs, but we have always came back the next day. We always have to prepare ourselves for tomorrow, and the day after because its highly possible we might still be around, and things will be somewhar more positive, and you will have more Dollars in your pocket. However I don't think you will have any euro's or amero's. If you do, good luck when you go to the Grocer to get that loaf of Bread.

leart
quote:
The deteriotation in the Black Community is directly related to "Negative" thinking, and as long as we continue to encourage that type of mentality in our people we will continue to see a decline in us as a group.


Mad I would argue, Mister Juan Williams/Bill Cosby, that the the deteriotation in the Black Community is directly related to disinvestment. And no amount of positive thinking about what they expect to accomplish would effect that.
quote:
Originally posted by negrospiritual:
I heard yesterday that the value of the dollar is currently UP against the euro. I guess the european union didn't quite stave off economic woes with their bailout plans....



Yep it's up (for now) which is why I'm taking advantage of these recent spikes and buying more foriegn currency (Euro's in particular) in anticipation for when the dollar goes back down...
I'm open for some new approachs that are different than listening to our Black Leaders "Talking and Walking" (making speaches and Demonstrating). What would be a good viable "Plan" for Reinvestment in the Core Cities that are inhabitated by low income minorities, Gangs, Drug Dealers, School Drop-outs, and Criminals. Black Leaders should have some serious discussion about this problem, because it's out of control.

I would like to see a viable Reinvestment Plan that would make these individuals educationally viable to perform any' type of job, or to have the mentality to be desipline to perform any structured work activity so they can support themselves and their families..

We often hear the Washington Political Leaders talk of Infrastructure improvement, but they don't stop to realize that in these high crime, gang infested, dope infested communities, it's doubtful if they would be able to go into these communities and find very many people they could hire. Most are not trained or educated to do anything, so they are not really employable. We as African Americans have some serious problems to correct in our Community, and it has to start with the Women.

leart
The Stock Market's Ups and Downs are not a true indicator of anything related to economic condition. The Stock Market is all about a few high volumn dealers/holders of Stock who manipulate the Market for their own Gain/Benefit.

They will run it down today, Buy, and run it up tomorrow, and sell. Sone of the "Hotshots" will spread false information about certain Companies to try and gain an advantage, like they did with Bear Sterns. Look what happened with GM when it was selling for $4 and some pennies one day, and all of a sudden a day or so later the Possible Merger with Chrisler surfaced, and the Stock ran the stock up to $30 and some pennies. If you had several thousand shares that you bought for $4 and sold it for $30 you made a pretty good killing.

But don't even get into the criminal aspects of those "Credit Default Swaps" where AIG was in the middle of that mess, and ended up getting $85B first money, and several Billion afterwards, No wonder they went off and had a big Party. The ripped off the Public twice.

So i'm just sitting back grinning and skinning when I hear of anybody talk of buying stock or Euro's or Amero's, or any type of roe's that you can't even go anyplace to spend it. As long as World Leaders are running to Washington for Financial Leadership, don't count on the Dollar going anywhere.

I remember back in the day when I was in Canada, and had a few Canadian Coins I wanted to exchange, and the exchange person told me I could spend them in the U.S.. I told her I don't think so, i've never been able to put a Canadian Coin in any Amnerican Vending Machine that i've tried to use. I said all of that to say, what would I do with some roe's of any kind.

I have currency from all over the World, but I can't spend it any where. Some is so old, I doubt if the Host Country still has that type of Currency any longer, because some were from some obscure places.

leart
How would a group of people change, or combat that disinvestment? Do we take the route that exist today and continue in a negative direction, or do we find more positive ways to take advantage or go around the disinvestment? Or should we just continue as you seem to indicate and stay of the same path of (negative) self destruction or self genocide? Maybe you could give this Message Board a positive direction for Blacks to neutralize this disinvestment in their Communities.

As I said in a previous post, we could just continue to maintain ourselves in a lifestyle of deprevation, criminal activity, unproductivity, and saturated with an abundance of Substance abusers who are in no way prepared for the possibility of any investment, or reinvestment of any kind.

leart
quote:
Originally posted by leart:
So i'm just sitting back grinning and skinning when I hear of anybody talk of buying stock or Euro's or Amero's, or any type of roe's that you can't even go anyplace to spend it. As long as World Leaders are running to Washington for Financial Leadership, don't count on the Dollar going anywhere.

leart


Leart although I'm pretty sure that the bulk of your statements were directed at Kweli (so I'll let him handle those) I have to believe that the above quote was in reference to what I said about me buying Euro's. So for the benefit of you and others who don't understand why I'm doing so I will briefly explain...

For starters one does not buy foreign currency with the intention to "spend it" here that on the face of it would be a silly proposition...The actual reason for this is to create a hedge whereby you get foreign currency while the dollar is strong so that you can get more of the currency cheaper. Then you HOLD the currency until the dollar begins to dip and the other currency increases in value... when the spread grows wide enough to be profitable you cash in the foreign currency for more DOLLARS than you initially put up....do you get it now?

At some point this will not be possible as the dollar may enter a free fall...however in the meantime while the getting is good and you're "grinning and skinning" I will be to....all the way to the bank.
Lie:

To keep things in proper prospective, im not a financial person. With that in mind, The Dollar is currently "Up", so based on your theory, this is the best time to go out and buy some Euro's since they are lower than the dollar.

As I indicated I don't know about these things, but I think you would have to buy a certain amount of "Dollars" to make your Transaction worthwhile, and you would also have to allow for the Transaction Fee(s), and as you indicated, if the dollar falls abruptly and significantly, and the AIG People don't have any "Swap's" to cover the Dollar, and you have several Million tied up in your Transaction, it's doubtful you will be running to the Bank, because your pockets will be empty, and the FDIC won't be able to do you any good either since your will not be a Depositor of Record, but as I indicated earlier, i'm no financial person.

leart
quote:
For starters one does not buy foreign currency with the intention to "spend it" here that on the face of it would be a silly proposition...The actual reason for this is to create a hedge whereby you get foreign currency while the dollar is strong so that you can get more of the currency cheaper. Then you HOLD the currency until the dollar begins to dip and the other currency increases in value... when the spread grows wide enough to be profitable you cash in the foreign currency for more DOLLARS than you initially put up


This what some have done while stationed in japan. We'd buy a substantial amount of yens, then sit on them until it's advantageous to cash in and get more dollars than what was used to by the yens at the start.

...Oh, and good stuff LieDecrypter tfro
quote:
Originally posted by Raptor:
quote:
For starters one does not buy foreign currency with the intention to "spend it" here that on the face of it would be a silly proposition...The actual reason for this is to create a hedge whereby you get foreign currency while the dollar is strong so that you can get more of the currency cheaper. Then you HOLD the currency until the dollar begins to dip and the other currency increases in value... when the spread grows wide enough to be profitable you cash in the foreign currency for more DOLLARS than you initially put up


This what some have done while stationed in japan. We'd buy a substantial amount of yens, then sit on them until it's advantageous to cash in and get more dollars than what was used to by the yens at the start.

...Oh, and good stuff LieDecrypter tfro

Thanks Raptor...and the yen...hmmmm that just may be a good hedge also I'll have to look into that....
With all the different comments in your Post I don't know which one i'm suppose to respond too. That's why i've never been favorable to this Message Board Software, but i've stated that once or twice before, so i'll just move on. I can't understand why it's so difficult to just make a comment on a specific Post, and leave all the other stuff for something else or another Post.

Just let one Post be the Comment on one Post. In most cases I don't even know what all that other stuff is suppose to mean, especially as it relates to what my Post said, but in this case I don't think you are responding to my post. I just decided to respond to the topic since I made a Post with a similar Comment.

However, how would a person's Investment be protected if they bought foreign currency if the Currency's Host Country was Naturalized?, Or is in a less stable Financial Market ( most are less stable than the U.S.), and the Financial System collapsed? I didn't hear of any comments indicating any Insurance in effect to back up the Foreign Currency.

So as I indicated, if a Dictator decided to run off with the money, which is highly possible in the Middle East, your Millions would be gone. You would be Broke. You wouldn't have the FED's to replenish the Funds of AIG to keep you afloat as they did in the "Bailout".

It's a given you don't buy foreign currency to spend it, you would have to hold it, but the point being is that you can get caught with it in a "downturn", and the stuff wont be worth squat by the time you get to the Exchange, Iraq at the start of the War is one example, and Pakastan, is lurking on the horrizon. Also, what's going om in Georgia, and the Ukraine. I don't know, I haven't been there lately.

leart
I think we have to distinguish what we mean by "Money Exchange". Even though I may have given the impression of an individual having a little foreign currency in his/her pocket from a recent trip from buying a few humdred dollars from a dealer, I'm primarily talking about the individual(s) who buys Stock, and is knowledgable in the transaction of Securities and does it on a regular basis.

As I said earlier, i'm not vested, so i'm not a participant in those type of activities, and I no little or nothing about them, and those who do don't just buy a few hundred dollars in currency, Stock, Comodies, etc., they usually spend thousands of dollars when they make a purchase.

Since many African Americans have little or no Savings, few are able to participate in this high risk activity. Some experts say we first of all have to develope a good Savings Habit, and diversify from here, CD's, Nutual Funds?, Bonds? However, only SAvings Accounts, and CD's in FDIC Banks are insured. Some other Funds may be insured by private insurance, but that might spell "AIG".

leart
quote:
Originally posted by negrospiritual:
quote:
Originally posted by Prognosis:

Back in 2006, I tried to buy a brand new house. My agent drove me around to various new housing tracts. I wound up giving up because in every case, I believed the houses were heavily price inflated. I also got the sense that my agent was acting more like a ramona and was just along with me to get in on the greed fest prevalent throughout the industry. Now that the worm has turned, I have been proven right.



I had a similar experience. I was trying to find a townhome, but it seemed like the prices were outrageous as heck. i'm still a renter Frown which as it turns out, is probably for the best.


Well, it looks like our days to buy may be soon approaching. I have kept track of what is ongoing in the market and I give it another year to a year and a half when prices will have come down considerably and become reasonable for you and I. Another thing I do not like are the real estate agents and brokers that are involved in buying a home. They are nothing more than clingons and ramonas who hang on to take a bite of the money you have to fork over to buy a home. I have some advice for you. Do not agree to a prepayment penalty if you decide to pay off your loan early. A prepayment penalty is totally outrageous. It is nothing more than corporate greed.
quote:
Originally posted by Prognosis:
quote:
Originally posted by negrospiritual:
quote:
Originally posted by Prognosis:

Back in 2006, I tried to buy a brand new house. My agent drove me around to various new housing tracts. I wound up giving up because in every case, I believed the houses were heavily price inflated. I also got the sense that my agent was acting more like a ramona and was just along with me to get in on the greed fest prevalent throughout the industry. Now that the worm has turned, I have been proven right.



I had a similar experience. I was trying to find a townhome, but it seemed like the prices were outrageous as heck. i'm still a renter Frown which as it turns out, is probably for the best.


Well, it looks like our days to buy may be soon approaching. I have kept track of what is ongoing in the market and I give it another year to a year and a half when prices will have come down considerably and become reasonable for you and I. Another thing I do not like are the real estate agents and brokers that are involved in buying a home. They are nothing more than clingons and ramonas who hang on to take a bite of the money you have to fork over to buy a home. I have some advice for you. Do not agree to a prepayment penalty if you decide to pay off your loan early. A prepayment penalty is totally outrageous. It is nothing more than corporate greed.



thanks, i'll keep that in mind
Some might think the General Market is changing somewhat, but don't forget just because you see foreclosures increasing on a steady basis, that don't mean that normal purchases are stablizing where many sellers also have high mortgages. These Owners have to sell for a price comparable to what they paid, based on when they bought it, otherwise they wouldn't be able pay off their existing Mortgage with the sales proceeds.

Some seem to thing it a good idea to go the foreclosure route, but that's risky business. You might get a lower purchase price, but code violations, other fixup expense, and Contractor problems might run your problems and purchase price beyond the Market Price. Stuff ain't simple, and there is such a thing as fool's Gold.

I heard someone talk on the Radio about this being the right time to buy Land. Maybe so, but Land has to be made productive, but as they were saying, Land has it's limitations since no more is being created, so it has to go up in value. Well what about all those that bought Urban Renewal Land back in the 70's and 80's. The Slums that existed then still exist today.

Also for the most part, since Reconstruction, Blacks have lost more Land than they have gained. Plus the fact, Land has to be made productive to have true value. One can realize some gains through Appreciation, but rarely is urban land in demand in such a way to significantly increase it's value, otherwise Blacks would be wealthy.

Blacks have always owned a lot of "Raggdy" Houses in the Hood. I observed some being sold for as little as $500 each. If you look hard enough now days, there are a lot of shacks out there for less that $5,000 eack, if you want it, and can deal with it. Stuff might look like it's cheap, but it might not be after one of these City Inspectors get ahold of your azz. That $5,000 can go up to $50,000 before you know it. Plus the fact, Banks don't lend novis money to fixup homes in the slums, but I wont go there "rat" now.

leart
So let me get this straight after initially giving AIG a whopping $85 BILLION in tax paper money for them to waste now like the pigs they are they're back for more upping it to $150 BILLION. In addition now (virtually defunct) GM is coming out of the wood work with it's hand out wanting a $25+ BILLION dollar bailout of it's own as a reward for it's mismanagement also.

Meanwhile the Fed for it's part is adding insult to injury by violating the main agreed upon prerequisite for it to even get the money it spent bailing out institutions namely TRANSPARENCY...it is refusing to release the names of the companies on the receiving end of this money now totaling TWO TRILLION dollars....add this all on top of the already $50 TRILLION and counting national debt and the unfathomable $150 TRILLION derivative CDS (credit default swap) market and you've got an economic nightmare the likes of which has never been seen on this earth...

Good luck dealing with all that crap President Elect Obama....because it's only the tip of the iceberg even though you meant well going in... I have to wonder if after the next 4 years you will still believe that it was a good idea to be in a position to have to clean up YT's enormous mess.....
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:

Meanwhile the Fed for it's part is adding insult to injury by violating the main agreed upon prerequisite for it to even get the money it spent bailing out institutions namely TRANSPARENCY...



speaking of transparency...while i was getting ready for work this morning, i believe i heard someone on MSNBC say that someone was preparing to file suit against Paulson, et al, for not revealing the collateral that banks are using to be able to participate in the bailout...this violates the spirit of TRANSPARANCy, just as you say.

I can't remember the exact legal basis, but i'll be very interested in the results.

Also, I heard on the radio that American Express is flipping from a credit card company into a BANK for the sole purpose of taking advantage of bailout funds...

this whole thing is begining to smell a bit like tuna... sck
It seems as if Obama has already bought into the "Aid for the Auto Industry" thingy, and if they go down that Manufacturing Road there is no "Dead End" to that Street. Even if the Legislation limits itself to aid for the Manufacture of Fuel Efficient Alternative type Automobiles, just the announcement of a $25B Bailout will allow those holding $2.00sh Ford Stock (I don't know what GM is going for now) to make a killing if they have several thousand shares when the price jumps up.

leart
listener:

That's one of the weaknesses of the, so called "Global Context". It's something we hear Representatives of a lot of Countries talk about, but most of these countries can't even control what's within their own Borders.

The Historic Adage still applies, "clean up your own backyard before telling someone else to clean up theirs". Take care of your own business before going next door to offer suggestions.

How can anything work in a Global Context when some Countries are ran by Dictators, and various other forms of Government. Not considering countries that are monolithic, or where all people look the same. Thus making it harder to discriminate. In the U.S. we can discriminate, and get away with it. It's harder in some other countries.

When you put a situation on a Global Scale, condition change, and many thing become different, and when so called experts try to make adjustments, they don't really work out. We have developed and undeveloped countries who wants an equal slice of the pie, but the larger developed countries want to maintain all the advantages for themselves, otherwise why would they participate.

leart
quote:
Originally posted by listener:
and what do you think in the global context? America is not the only nation affected



America is the world's largest debtor nation and can ill afford this current financial crisis AND a slowing economy. Other nations around the world particularly in the far east are exporters with net trade surpluses. They also have huge savings rates and can weather the storm.

The U.S. economy is dependent on these nations...however they are steadily positioning themselves away from exposure to U.S. financial problems...they will not allow these problems to drag down their economies...something has to give and many will begin to dump U.S. securities and the dollar.
quote:
Originally posted by negrospiritual:
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:

Meanwhile the Fed for it's part is adding insult to injury by violating the main agreed upon prerequisite for it to even get the money it spent bailing out institutions namely TRANSPARENCY...



speaking of transparency...while i was getting ready for work this morning, i believe i heard someone on MSNBC say that someone was preparing to file suit against Paulson, et al, for not revealing the collateral that banks are using to be able to participate in the bailout...this violates the spirit of TRANSPARANCy, just as you say.

I can't remember the exact legal basis, but i'll be very interested in the results.

Also, I heard on the radio that American Express is flipping from a credit card company into a BANK for the sole purpose of taking advantage of bailout funds...

this whole thing is begining to smell a bit like tuna... sck



Well it just got even worse Paulson had the nerve to come out today with a straight face and say that they are no longer going to be buying those toxic assets. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what he not too long ago said HAD to be done or else the markets would implode?

Now he is claiming that they will be investing in those banks (who they still won't reveal) stocks. So if they are now doing a complete 180 from their original stated plan what happens to all that bad debt?....where are they going to store all that financial toxic waste?

These crooks are so full of it that it's a pity and a shame...I hope you guys are begining to see why I initially spoke out against this whole bailout and I called it the "biggest cluster f*ck in American history"....that is until they pull the next one.

Even on this very site I read statements from negroes saying that the bailout "must be done" completely buying into the hype. Negroes are going to have to learn the hard way not to believe in this system...and start getting their ish together to implement their OWN out of the ashes of this one once it crashes...which is only a matter of time.
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:
quote:
Originally posted by negrospiritual:
quote:
Originally posted by LieDecrypter:

Meanwhile the Fed for it's part is adding insult to injury by violating the main agreed upon prerequisite for it to even get the money it spent bailing out institutions namely TRANSPARENCY...



speaking of transparency...while i was getting ready for work this morning, i believe i heard someone on MSNBC say that someone was preparing to file suit against Paulson, et al, for not revealing the collateral that banks are using to be able to participate in the bailout...this violates the spirit of TRANSPARANCy, just as you say.

I can't remember the exact legal basis, but i'll be very interested in the results.

Also, I heard on the radio that American Express is flipping from a credit card company into a BANK for the sole purpose of taking advantage of bailout funds...

this whole thing is begining to smell a bit like tuna... sck



Well it just got even worse Paulson had the nerve to come out today with a straight face and say that they are no longer going to be buying those toxic assets. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what he not too long ago said HAD to be done or else the markets would implode?

Now he is claiming that they will be investing in those banks (who they still won't reveal) stocks. So if they are now doing a complete 180 from their original stated plan what happens to all that bad debt?....where are they going to store all that financial toxic waste?

These crooks are so full of it that it's a pity and a shame...I hope you guys are begining to see why I initially spoke out against this whole bailout and I called it the "biggest cluster f*ck in American history"....that is until they pull the next one.

Even on this very site I read statements from negroes saying that the bailout "must be done" completely buying into the hype. Negroes are going to have to learn the hard way not to believe in this system...and start getting their ish together to implement their OWN out of the ashes of this one once it crashes...which is only a matter of time.


I don't think most people get or realize what crooks we are dealing with nowadays. They constantly lie, cheat and steal through any scheme or scam they can create. And the taxpayer is being fleeced to no end. We have crooked, corrupt and self-centered politicians running the country and gouging the taxpayer. I say we,the taxpayers of America, should vote them all out of office and start over.
What do you mean, vote them out of office, they are leaving office with their pockets full. These are first class Criminals that had their designs on "draining" the Treasury in 2000. I made several Post on various Message Boards at that time, and everything came to pass.

They started Ripping-off the People on the Iraq War, and it never stopped. Everything they did they made money on it.

leart
quote:
Originally posted by leart:
What do you mean, vote them out of office, they are leaving office with their pockets full. These are first class Criminals that had their designs on "draining" the Treasury in 2000. I made several Post on various Message Boards at that time, and everything came to pass.

They started Ripping-off the People on the Iraq War, and it never stopped. Everything they did they made money on it.

leart



and the people being sent to congress either participate in the shenanigans or too weak to stop it.
quote:
Originally posted by leart:
What do you mean, vote them out of office, they are leaving office with their pockets full. These are first class Criminals that had their designs on "draining" the Treasury in 2000. I made several Post on various Message Boards at that time, and everything came to pass.

They started Ripping-off the People on the Iraq War, and it never stopped. Everything they did they made money on it.

leart


Indeed. This was a last minute money grab. I believe its Bloomberg that is suing to find out exactly how the money is being used. Im not convinced that the new congress has the back bone or even basic economic understanding to get things going again. Then again, that assumes that its something they really want to do.
NS:

There is no doubt about it, the people who supported the sitution, or one of their cohorts are still in power. That is why no Impeachment was never processed against Bush (I know they didn't have the votes). Even though they couldn't win they should have went through the Impeachment process anyway to put it on the Book.

Now we have Obama who some claim is using a Lincoln Technique of appointing a Team of Rivals, but in reality what he's using is a Truman Tatic of appointing a "Kitchen Cabinet". I think all the Cabinet Heads will be Figureheads, with nothing by Ceremoninal Power, making Speaches and such. The real power will be in the hands of the Advisory Councils, and the Assistants in the White House.

That why you heard that Obama was getting all of Gates top Assistants to step down, and Obama will bring in his people, and Gates will be left naked, and just acting like the Defense Secretary, but with little or no power.

The Cabinet Heads have always functioned like this, but now it'll become more pronounced. The only thing I don't like is the appointment of all those Clinton People. I was hoping that he would bring in more "New Thinkers". Those that would have different ideas as to where to take the Country, because everybody known that prior directions haven't been good, and we need a new play book.

Obama indicates that it's him that will be in charge, but where will he get his information to make his decisions, Clinton people from over a decade ago. We don't need to rehash a lot of old stuff, and don't forget, Clinton never did anything specific for Black People. There was a stronger economy that Blacks received some benefit. but nothing specific to upgrade Blacks as a group, which is what we need.

Other than maybe the Garrett Woman, there is no Black selected so far to do anything economically, who has a finger on the Black economic condition. They are preparing to put together an Infrastructure Development Program, but no one is talking about how Blacks have been excluded from the Craft Unions Apprenticeship Programs for years, and leaving them unskilled, untrained, and inexperiences to do almost any Skill Job, except Basic Labor.

No News Media is publishing any Infor or Data as to what is currently the Black participation in Highway/Bridge Construction type work, and how are Illegals, who do a large percentage of the work in many pocket areas of the Country, especially the Southwest, going to participate, Will they continue to be employed when Blacks can't?

When Obama start to get into this economic stimilus package, there are a lot of questions that Blacks have to ask. Do we have Black News Media to ask those questions? Are they in the Pressroom? Black Media has to start to ask that question now. As Obama said, "this is our time", and we will have to make sure that "change has come",

leart
Bush stayed in power because American were lazy...

...and make no mistake about it: "Change" is going to come via lots of program cuts....LOL.

Can we say Welfare to Work boys and girls???...let's just say there will be a lot more work.

Oooo and what about school grants or loans? Ummm....more loans anyone?

See, Obama has already said that he will be working for the Middle Class....and we know he plans to stick it to the Upper Class....

...but did anyone fail to notice that we ain't heard jack about the Lower Class?

Hmmmm.....that lowly $25/hr job someone mentioned before don't seem too bad right about now, huh?

LOL....ya'll got to learn The Game!

"Wisdom Is A Woman CRACKING Up!"
quote:
Originally posted by leart:
NS:

There is no doubt about it, the people who supported the sitution, or one of their cohorts are still in power. That is why no Impeachment was never processed against Bush (I know they didn't have the votes). Even though they couldn't win they should have went through the Impeachment process anyway to put it on the Book.

Now we have Obama who some claim is using a Lincoln Technique of appointing a Team of Rivals, but in reality what he's using is a Truman Tatic of appointing a "Kitchen Cabinet". I think all the Cabinet Heads will be Figureheads, with nothing by Ceremoninal Power, making Speaches and such. The real power will be in the hands of the Advisory Councils, and the Assistants in the White House.

That why you heard that Obama was getting all of Gates top Assistants to step down, and Obama will bring in his people, and Gates will be left naked, and just acting like the Defense Secretary, but with little or no power.

The Cabinet Heads have always functioned like this, but now it'll become more pronounced. The only thing I don't like is the appointment of all those Clinton People. I was hoping that he would bring in more "New Thinkers". Those that would have different ideas as to where to take the Country, because everybody known that prior directions haven't been good, and we need a new play book.

Obama indicates that it's him that will be in charge, but where will he get his information to make his decisions, Clinton people from over a decade ago. We don't need to rehash a lot of old stuff, and don't forget, Clinton never did anything specific for Black People. There was a stronger economy that Blacks received some benefit. but nothing specific to upgrade Blacks as a group, which is what we need.

Other than maybe the Garrett Woman, there is no Black selected so far to do anything economically, who has a finger on the Black economic condition. They are preparing to put together an Infrastructure Development Program, but no one is talking about how Blacks have been excluded from the Craft Unions Apprenticeship Programs for years, and leaving them unskilled, untrained, and inexperiences to do almost any Skill Job, except Basic Labor.

No News Media is publishing any Infor or Data as to what is currently the Black participation in Highway/Bridge Construction type work, and how are Illegals, who do a large percentage of the work in many pocket areas of the Country, especially the Southwest, going to participate, Will they continue to be employed when Blacks can't?

When Obama start to get into this economic stimilus package, there are a lot of questions that Blacks have to ask. Do we have Black News Media to ask those questions? Are they in the Pressroom? Black Media has to start to ask that question now. As Obama said, "this is our time", and we will have to make sure that "change has come",


leart



Leart what I have put in bold are some very good points and probably the best I've seen from you so far...
quote:
When Obama start to get into this economic stimilus package, there are a lot of questions that Blacks have to ask. Do we have Black News Media to ask those questions? Are they in the Pressroom? Black Media has to start to ask that question now.


Don't Delegate Responsibility for Change. Take Responsibility for Change!

Why is it the responsibility of a Black news media to ask questions on your behalf? Asian Americans, Latin Americans, American Indians - They don't have a popular news media outlet to represent their groups' interests either. Should that prevent them from holding President Elect Obama accountable for addressing issues that are important to them? Stop complaining about what you don't have, and start focusing on other effective ways to have your questions and concerns heard. What else can you do, besides rely on news media, to get your message across to those who promise change?
quote:
Originally posted by Rowe:
quote:
When Obama start to get into this economic stimilus package, there are a lot of questions that Blacks have to ask. Do we have Black News Media to ask those questions? Are they in the Pressroom? Black Media has to start to ask that question now.


Don't Delegate Responsibility for Change. Take Responsibility for Change!

Why is it the responsibility of a Black news media to ask questions on your behalf?


because that is the purpose of media and journalism to keep government agencies and representatives honest and transparent by representing the interests of the people and asking questions FOR the people.

This is in no way "complaining". How can you in one sentence state that people need to figure out how to have their voices heard, and then in another sentence take issue with the desire for media representation.

I'm not sure about Native Americans, since they have sovereignty over their own nations, but Latin American people have more latin speaking channels on television, and just as many radio stations as african americans do...

Media is an appropriate consideration.
There is no doubt about the fact that Congress is just as inept as the Administration. Don't forget, it's Congress who gave Paulsom the original $700B with not strings attached, even though they have to go back to Congress to get approval to spend $350B of that amount.

The Administration scared the Congress into approving the "Bailout" Money just like they scared them into approving the Iraq War. The American Voter keep voting these same "crackpots" back into office to do the same thing all over again, they are hopeless.

When they feel as if they have been tricked, they come back and try to trick the Administration to get something for themselves.

Here we have the new President Elect appointing so-called experienced people to come in and carry out the same, or similar policies they have had experienced at in the past. We are going around in circles like Dumb Bunnies. Obama supporters thought he would come in with new people with new ideas to take the country in a different direction, but i'm one who is just laying back to see how this "Kitchen Cabinet" System will work in this day in time. I don't thing Obama will be able to keep some of these people on the Reservation.

Look what happened in Mumbai, where a handfull of street thugs could walk into the Country and kill almost twohundred people, injure 300 or so, with all the experienced leaders india has. At least the top Leaders had the "Balls" to Fire a few people after the fact.

In comparison, Illegals can walk across our Borders at any time and nobody seem to care or will do anything about it, and those that are suppose to be incharge of this area continue to keep their job. They can get false Id's, illegal employment (some H-1B Legal Employment), and we are just as vulnerable as India, ptobably moreso. Someone should warn Bill Gates what he's really doing when he pressures Congress to expand the H-1B Program.

leart
Rowe:

The last I noticed, other ethnic minorities hadn't been historically discriminated against as have Africans American. During this last Administration We had none of our Issues addressed, and we only had an African American called on at Presidential News Confrences once or twice and that was during the second term of the Administration.

Maybe you are just not aware of it, but most people do observe the fact that there are almost never a News Punduit from any African American News Media on any of the Sunday News Talk Programs or on C-Span. I don't know who's to blame for that, but as you indicated, maybe there are other methods to get our message to those who make decisions in this Country.

I agree that African American should try to create a "Block" of Voters to try and get the voices, and programs we need in government for the betterment of our people, and that's what should be developed. But that would take some time, plus the fact there is descrimination among African Americans themselves that make unity difficult. But if that's what you are talking about, it's worth working on.

leart
ok did y'all read LieDecryptor's thread?

The REAL economic state of Black America....

Check out the links. I've ordered the book and have been checking out the real estate market in urban areas. we'd better pool our money together because homes are and properties are being snatched up. If we don't own property as a group, we will be left out in the cold.
Also, read this earlier today: It's official: Recession since Dec. '07
NOW IS THE TIME!
It sound like you can be sold anything. Investors buy-up vacant foreclosed properties all the time and sell them to unintelligent Blacks at inflated prices. That's what caused the sub-prime market to come of age. Few African American Investors participates since close relationships with the Lending Industry is required. Investors haave to have to money to Buy the Property, Fix it up, and Market it. You have to be able to "Hold" it if you can't sell it.

Most of your foreclosed properties have always been in the inner city or low income communities of america. They are the ones who are least likely to be able to maintain it, and pay the mortgage, as cost continue to rise, but it has little to do with adjustable rate mortgages (ARM).

Keep one thing in mind, many years ago they talked about the "Gentry" moving back into Urban Communities. With the exception of a few pocket areas, it never happened. How many White Family with/without small children would move into a Crime ridden Crban Community with no shopping or many other amenities that a person needs to live?

The only way there will be a viable Community in Urban America, other than a few pocket areas, is that they revitalize the economic fiber of those Communities, and eliminate the need for Crime, and open Drug Dealing, and where shopping can flurish without difficulty.

The "powers that be" will not do that, because most of these Communities are predominately African American, and that's where the Power Structure have the least interest, improving the quality of life for African American People.

leart

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×