Skip to main content

A Black Conservative

I thought about MBM when I found this website. In his quest to find a Conservative "agenda" somewhere in this myriad of links and stories and pictures there's bound to be an agenda somewhere in there! Eek

However, it was kind of scary that the Quote of the Week was by Ronald Reagan who stated:

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born."
cool
What the heck does that mean?? Confused Confused Even curious-er is that when you click the quote link, it takes you to the Wikipedia page of Frederick Douglas!!!
 
 BLACK by NATURE, PROUD by CHOICE.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by EbonyRose:
However, it was kind of scary that the Quote of the Week was by Ronald Reagan who stated:

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born."
cool
What the heck does that mean?? Confused Confused



It sorta reminds me of the statement: "War is advocated by those who have not died in wars" - HonestBrother

What bothers me most about Black Conservatives is that many (at least those who are not merely opportunistic pawns) seem to rebel against what they see as a stalemated liberal black status quo - and to some extent I agree with many of their grievances - but they are too lazy to rebel properly and carve out a viable third path - instead they merely embrace white conservatism and quote Ronald Reagan ... and that impresses me as a truly knuckleheaded thing for a black man to do ...
Last edited {1}
LOL - it's kind of hard to take our "black conservative" friends seriously when they have spelling errors all over their front page! sck


ONE OF KEITH BUTLER'S OPONENTS MAY NOT HAVE ENOUGH SIGNATURES
U.S. Senatorial candidate Keith Butler may benefit from the fact that it looks like one of his oponent's Minister Jerry Zandstra may not have the necessary signatures to run in the upcoming race for the U.S. Senate. Zandstra who is a Conservative Christian Republican like Butler needed to submit at least 15,000 legitimate signatures to run for the office but may come up short. This could help Butler because the two ministers share many of the same views. READ MORE

BLACKWELL CLOSES OPONENT'S LEAD IN RACE
The Ohio GOP Gubenatorial candidate Kenneth Blackwell who is the Buckeye state's present Secretary of State has closed the lead held by Ohio Congress Ted Strickland from double digits to 6 points. That information was uncovered in a recent poll taken by the University of Cincinatti. If the election were held today Strickland would receive 50% of the vote and Blackwell would receiver 44% of the vote. The good thing discovered in the poll is that Blackwell has momentum on his side. READ MORE


MICHAEL STEELE HAS DEMS RUNNING SCAREDVOTES?
A formerly non political black high school principal from Prince George's County, Maryland has come out in support of Michael Steele. This has the Maryland Democrats running scared. Democrats have been able to maintain control of the state politically by dominating the black vote. It that those sure votes are slipping away as more blacks are coming out publicly and supporting Steele in his run for the U.S. Senate. READ MORE
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
LOL - it's kind of hard to take our "black conservative" friends seriously when they have spelling errors all over their front page! sck


ONE OF KEITH BUTLER'S OPONENTS MAY NOT HAVE ENOUGH SIGNATURES
U.S. Senatorial candidate Keith Butler may benefit from the fact that it looks like one of his oponent's Minister Jerry Zandstra may not have the necessary signatures to run in the upcoming race for the U.S. Senate. Zandstra who is a Conservative Christian Republican like Butler needed to submit at least 15,000 legitimate signatures to run for the office but may come up short. This could help Butler because the two ministers share many of the same views. READ MORE

BLACKWELL CLOSES OPONENT'S LEAD IN RACE
The Ohio GOP Gubenatorial candidate Kenneth Blackwell who is the Buckeye state's present Secretary of State has closed the lead held by Ohio Congress Ted Strickland from double digits to 6 points. That information was uncovered in a recent poll taken by the University of Cincinatti. If the election were held today Strickland would receive 50% of the vote and Blackwell would receiver 44% of the vote. The good thing discovered in the poll is that Blackwell has momentum on his side. READ MORE


MICHAEL STEELE HAS DEMS RUNNING SCAREDVOTES?
A formerly non political black high school principal from Prince George's County, Maryland has come out in support of Michael Steele. This has the Maryland Democrats running scared. Democrats have been able to maintain control of the state politically by dominating the black vote. It that those sure votes are slipping away as more blacks are coming out publicly and supporting Steele in his run for the U.S. Senate. READ MORE


That's ever so sad. But I do notice that many conservative websites tend to have very poorly-written and sophomoric articles......

They really need to get off this Republican vs. Democrat schtick. One of the first things Black conservatives and liberals need to do is stop viewing everything through the lens of Republican or Democrat. Those are White men's parties. Black people of any political persuasion need to focus on their plans for the Black community and their methods instead of getting caught up in party politics.
quote:
Originally posted by Empty Purnata:
They really need to get off this Republican vs. Democrat schtick. One of the first things Black conservatives and liberals need to do is stop viewing everything the lens of Republican or Democrat. Those are White men's parties. Black people of any political persuasion need to focus on their plans for the Black community and their methods instead of getting caught up in white party politics.


tfro
I think these people are trying to label people conservative who really aren't. I love the reference to Newark, NJ's mayor Cory Booker as a conservative. Let's see...

Booker's 'ambitious' 100-day plan
quote:

Booker announced yesterday he is creating a new office in City Hall called the Department of Child and Family Well-Being, which will adopt many of the programs offered by the Department of Health and Human Services. The new department will bring together all of the city agencies that deal with children and families.

Booker did not say what will happen to the Department of Health and Human Services, but said he plans on hiring a separate director for the health department.

In addition to hiring a director for the child and family department, Booker also announced he will appoint a person to focus exclusively on helping ex-convicts train for and land jobs -- a hurdle that many newly released prisoners say stands in their way of blending back into society.


Eek Money for more departments? More bureaucracy?? City money helping ex-convicts get jobs?? More examples of bleeding heart CONSERVATISM run amok! Roll Eyes
You know, when I think about it, there probably is no Black Conservative agenda ... because they don't see Black ... in themselves or anybody else. They are Americans. Everybody is an American! Eek You take care of self, using all the wonderful little tools that America gives us ... ALL of us Americans. Roll Eyes

A Black Conservative is a Conservative. A Conservative agenda is their agenda.

And, no VOX ... there's no way a Republican would have spent that much money on anything that didn't benefit corporate America (or himself) in some way!! Eek
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwuzzy:
Denzel Washington's face was on the site.... Denzel is a conservative??


Whether he is or isn't, I wonder if he would approve of having his picture there ... Denzel is a pretty low-key private type of guy ...

I just googled Denzel and conservative. I came across the webpage JerseyGOP.com. They have Denzel as one of their GOP Dude-of-the-Week. Other AA's they have given this recognition include J.C. Watts, Armstrong Williams, Charles Barkley, Reggie White, and Jimmy "JJ" Walker .
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
It sorta reminds me of the statement: "War is advocated by those who have not died in wars" - HonestBrother


Had there not be a WAR to free your Black behind you would still be a physical slave and not just a mental one as you are today.


quote:
What bothers me most about Black Conservatives is that many (at least those who are not merely opportunistic pawns) seem to rebel against what they see as a stalemated liberal black status quo - and to some extent I agree with many of their grievances - but they are too lazy to rebel properly and carve out a viable third path - instead they merely embrace white conservatism and quote Ronald Reagan ... and that impresses me as a truly knuckleheaded thing for a black man to do ...


REBELLION? Go pull out your checking and credit card statements and take a look at how much of a CO-CONSPIRATOR you are within the system.

Embrace Ronald Reagan and other Whites?
How many times have you seen Black people who are in power now "EMBRACE" an assortment of WHITE LIBERALS?

These White Liberals are cool with Blacks as long as we:

1) Are SUBordinate in stature to them and their power
2) Keep voting for them
3) Don't ask for too much.


Think about some of the PROGRESSIVE social initiatives that Black folks bought - hook, line and sinker

We departed our Black public schools to go sit next to a White kid and our own community's schools withered.

We accepted being packed into projects that were a "progressive statement" on what the society owes it's poor and we departed the projects with little or no employable skills.

Despite the unwillingess to admit the poor NEW ORLEANS EVACUEES are victims of DECADES OF PROGRESSIVE POLICIES. Now that they are in Houston which has a decent job market 85% of them are STILL UNEMPLOYED AFTER A YEAR.

And you say WHAT about the damage that "Black Conservatives" inflict upon Black people? From Mayor to Dog Catcher the average majority Black city or town has PEOPLE WHO THINK JUST LIKE YOU in power. How has this translated into abundant prosperity for the citizens?
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
It sorta reminds me of the statement: "War is advocated by those who have not died in wars" - HonestBrother


Had there not be a WAR to free your Black behind you would still be a physical slave and not just a mental one as you are today.






Take your stupid black ass back home and don't fuck with me ... I am not in the mood ...
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
It sorta reminds me of the statement: "War is advocated by those who have not died in wars" - HonestBrother


Had there not be a WAR to free your Black behind you would still be a physical slave and not just a mental one as you are today.



I'm going to be a nice guy and right here do the thing you should have done BEFORE you opened your big mouth:

That is I will think!

What do the statements

"War is advocated by those who have not died in wars."

and

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born."

Have in common structurally????

They are BOTH vacuously true:

That is regardless of how you feel about any particular war, the present advocates of war are indeed alive ... and hence they cannot have died in any previous war. Only among those who have not died in any war can you find those who advocate for war.

This statement cannot be construed as an argument either for or against war. Since the statement is true regardless of how I feel about any particular war!

And such is also true of the statement

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born"

for exactly the same reason!!!

That is, this statement does not constitute an intelligible objection to the practice of abortion. Neither is it an intelligible advocation of such.

It is intellectually vacuous...

As was so much that issued forth from the mouth of Ronald Reagan...

You sure you have a college degree?
quote:
Originally posted by Constructive Feedback:
quote:
Orig inally posted by HonestBrother:

Take your stupid black ass back home and don't fuck with me ... I am not in the mood ...


Midol typically helps when your "friend" visits each month. lol


One more time:

I'm going to be a nice guy and right here do the thing you should have done BEFORE you opened your big mouth:

That is I will think!

What do the statements

"War is advocated by those who have not died in wars"

and

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born"

Have in common structurally????

They are BOTH vacuously true:

That is: regardless of how you feel about any particular war, the present advocates of war are indeed alive ... and hence they cannot have died in any previous war. Only among those who have not died in any war can you find those who advocate for war.

This statement cannot be construed as an argument either for or against war. Since the statement is true regardless of how I feel about any particular war.

And such is also true of the statement

"Abortion is advocated on by persons who have themselves been born"

for exactly the same reason!!!

That is, this statement does not constitute an intelligible objection to the practice of abortion. Neither is it an intelligible advocation of such.

It is intellectually vacuous...

As was so much that issued forth from the mouth of Ronald Wilson Reagan...

You sure you have a college degree?

Now shut up before I take up my old pasttime:

P. I. M. P. slapping

your bytch ass on the regular ... sck
Last edited {1}
Folks - in the recent past, I've been a prime offender in posting things which are less than positive and consistent with the original and intended character of our community. I am making an effort to get back to those original principles (positive, warm, engaging, etc.) and invite everyone else to join me.
daz
quote:
Originally posted by kresge:
quote:
Originally posted by HonestBrother:
quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwuzzy:
Denzel Washington's face was on the site.... Denzel is a conservative??


Whether he is or isn't, I wonder if he would approve of having his picture there ... Denzel is a pretty low-key private type of guy ...

I just googled Denzel and conservative. I came across the webpage JerseyGOP.com. They have Denzel as one of their GOP Dude-of-the-Week. Other AA's they have given this recognition include J.C. Watts, Armstrong Williams, Charles Barkley, Reggie White, and Jimmy "JJ" Walker .


Now I understand why my dad hated his character on "Good Times." All those damn years shucking and jiving, cooning and buffooning in front of millions on network TV as Kid Dyn-O-Mite, NOW his ass want to be a black conservative? Fuck "JJ". He's one of the main reasons why there's no all-black dramas on television, period...or one that have lasted more than four episodes. Jimmie Walker's J.J. Evans makes Stepin Fetchit look like Sidney Poitier's Virgil Tibbs from "In The Heat of the Night."
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
Folks - in the recent past, I've been a prime offender in posting things which are less than positive and consistent with the original and intended character of our community. I am making an effort to get back to those original principles (positive, warm, engaging, etc.) and invite everyone else to join me.
daz


I'll try. I honestly will. I'll try my hardest, but the temptation is strong.

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." lol
quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
Folks - in the recent past, I've been a prime offender in posting things which are less than positive and consistent with the original and intended character of our community. I am making an effort to get back to those original principles (positive, warm, engaging, etc.) and invite everyone else to join me.
daz



Chief, I'm nothing but warm and fuzzy .... fo ...
and easy like Sunday morning... cool
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×