5 Positive Behaviors That Are Strengthening The Black Family

Google +

home schooling

Education

A growing number of African-American parents are home-schooling their children, resulting in a significant increase in standardized test scores.

According to The National Home Education Research Institute, an estimated 220,000 African-American students are currently being home-schooled.

“African-American children who are home-schooled are scoring at the 82 percent in reading and 77 percent in math,” educator and the author of 33 books on Black children and education, Juwanza Kunjufu, wrote in the Atlanta Voice. “This is 30-40 percent above their counterparts being taught in schools. There is a 30 percent racial gap in schools, but there is no racial gap in reading if taught in the home and only a 5 percent gap in math.”

“What explains the success of African-American students being taught by their parents?” he asked. “I believe that it’s love and high expectations.”

Source: www.atlantablackstar.com

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

"I'm just trying to make a way out of no way, for my people" -Modejeska Monteith Simpkins

AFRICAN AMERICA IS AT WAR

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON AFRICAN AMERICA

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON AFRICAN AMERICANS

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

AMERICA'S RACISTS HAVE INFILTRATED AMERICAN POLICE FORCES TO WAGE A RACE WAR AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

THE BLACK RACE IS AT WAR

FIRST WORLD WAR:  THE APPROXIMATELY 6,000 YEAR WORLD WAR ON AFRICA AND THE BLACK RACE

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.