25 Years Later Tawana Brawley Served Court Papers In Defamation Lawsuit

"I'm just trying to make a way out of no way, for my people" -Modejeska Monteith Simpkins

AFRICAN AMERICA IS AT WAR

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON AFRICAN AMERICA

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON AFRICAN AMERICANS

THERE IS A RACE WAR ON BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

AMERICA'S RACISTS HAVE INFILTRATED AMERICAN POLICE FORCES TO WAGE A RACE WAR AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

THE BLACK RACE IS AT WAR

FIRST WORLD WAR:  THE APPROXIMATELY 6,000 YEAR WORLD WAR ON AFRICA AND THE BLACK RACE

Original Post

The Statute of Limitations in Your State

As mentioned above, every state has enacted its own statute of limitations, requiring any personal injury suit be filed in court within a set time after the incident or injury. The specific limit prescribed by each state is identified in the chart below, along with a link to the relevant state law.

(Note: State laws are frequently revised from year-to-year, so it is important to speak with an attorney to understand how your state's current laws will apply in your case, especially in areas as critical as the statute of limitations. Remember also that special time-limit rules exist for injury claims against the government.)

StateStatute of
Limitations

State Law

Alabama2 yearsAla. Code Sec. 6-2-38
Arkansas2 yearsAlaska Stat. Sec. 9.10.070
Arizona2 yearsAriz. Rev. Stat. Sec. 12-542
Arkansas2 yearsArk. Stat. Sec. 16-114-203
California2 yearsCal. Code of Civ. Proc. Sec. 335.1
Colorado2 yearsColo. Rev. Stat. Sec. 13-80-102
Connecticut2 yearsConn. Gen. State. Sec. 52-584
Delaware2 yearsDel. Code Ann. Title 10, Sec. 8119
District of Columbia (D.C.)3 yearsD.C. Code Ann. Sec. 12-301
Florida4 yearsFla. Stat. Ann. Sec. 95.11
Georgia2 yearsGa. Code Ann. Sec. 9-3-33
Hawaii2 yearsHaw. Rev. Stat. Sec. 657.7
Idaho2 yearsIdaho Code Sec. 5-219
Illinois2 yearsIll. Ann. State. Ch. 735, Art. 5, Sec. 13-202
Indiana2 yearsInd. Code Ann. Sec. 34-11-2-4
Iowa2 yearsIowa Code Ann. Sec. 614.1
Kansas2 yearsKan. Stat. Ann. Sec. 60-513
Kentucky1 yearKy. Rev. Stat. Sec. 413.140
Louisiana1 yearLa. Civ. Code Ann. Art. 3492
Maine6 yearsMaine Rev. Stat. Ann. Title 14, Ch. 205, Sec. 752
Maryland3 yearsMd. Ann. Code Sec. 5-101
Massachusetts3 yearsMass. Gen. Laws, Art. 260, Secs. 2A, 4
Michigan3 yearsMich. Comp Laws Sec. 600.5805(9)
Minnesota2 yearsMinn. Stat. Ann. Sec. 541.05, 541.07
Mississippi3 yearsMiss. Code Ann. Sec. 15-1-49
Missouri5 yearsMissouri Ann. Stat. Title 35, Sec. 516.120
Montana3 yearsMont. Code Ann. Sec. 27-2-204, 27-2-207
Nebraska4 yearsNeb. Rev. Stat. Sec. 25-207
Nevada2 yearsNev. Rev. Stat. Sec 11.190
New Hampshire3 yearsN.H. Rev. State. Sec. 508.4
New Jersey2 yearsN.J. Stat. Ann. Sec. 2A:14-2
New Mexico3 yearsN.M. Stat. Ann. Sec. 37-1-8
New York3 yearsN.Y. Civ. Prac. R. Sec. 214
North Carolina3 yearsN.C. Gen. Stat. Sec. 1-52
North Dakota6 years (2 in wrongful death)N.D. Cent. Code Sec. 28-01-16, 28-01-18
Ohio2 yearsOhio Rev. Code Sec. 2305.10
Oklahoma2 yearsOkla. Stat. Ann. Title 12, Sec. 95
Oregon2 yearsOre. Rev. Stat. Sec. 12.110
Pennsylvania2 years42 Pa. Con. Stat. Sec. 5524
Rhode Island3 yearsR.I. Gen. Laws Sec. 9-1-14
South Carolina3 yearsS.C. Code Ann. Sec. 15-3-530
South Dakota3 yearsS.D. Comp. Laws Ann. Sec. 15-2-14
Tennessee1 yearTenn. Code Ann. Sec. 28-3-104
Texas2 yearsTex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Sec. 16.003
Utah4 yearsUtah Code Ann. Sec. 78-12-28
Vermont3 yearsVt. Stat. Ann. Title 12, Sec. 512
Virginia2 yearsVa. Code Sec. 8.01-243
Washington3 yearsWa. Rev. Code Ann. Sec. 4.16.080
West Virginia2 yearsW. Va. Code Sec. 55-2-12
Wisconsin3 yearsWisc. Stat. Ann. Sec. 893.54
Wyoming4 yearsWy. Stat. Ann. Sec. 1-3-105

http://injury.findlaw.com/acci...-of-limitations.html

Do you think because it was a high-profile case and not only did a person lose his life as a result of the "alleged" fake accusation decided by the court but that families were destroyed in the process could be the MAIN reason why New York is upholding this suit against Brawley?  Or is it merely a black and white issue?  Just askin. 

Originally Posted by Kocolicious:

Do you think because it was a high-profile case and not only did a person lose his life as a result of the "alleged" fake accusation decided by the court but that families were destroyed in the process could be the MAIN reason why New York is upholding this suit against Brawley?  Or is it merely a black and white issue?  Just askin. 

I think it's merely a Black and White issue, where the message is being sent to Black people that we should be afraid to go after certain people that have did unspeakable crime(s) to us, and the fact that it also sends this same message to the general public is only icing on the cake for them.

May the guy was already mentally suicidal, but it would seem to me that only a person that knows they are guilty or that there is evidence to prove their guilt would take that route.

I'm still trying to find out exactly how a person (Brawley) can tie themselves in a garbage bag, and, be found barely conscious and obviously drugged, and somehow people can be made to believe that the girl was lying in the first place.  

I don't think even Houdini could tie himself inside a [garbage] bag.

So do you think she was FORCED to recant her statement about this alleged rape due to public pressure?  And what about Sharpton?  He had to pay damages for this claim.  So do you think it was conspiracy against black people coming forward against white America?  Cuz this reminds of the Haiti man who was raped by NY policemen who used a broomstick.   

I think that her and her family were threatened and had to weigh whether or not getting a conviction was worth her life.  This guy is capitalizing on their giving up, which was interpreted as an admission that she was lying by racist America, and Americans that live in fantasy world about how deadly police are where Black people are concerned, or how the right people with the right connections and/or the right amount of money, can get away with whatever they want in America. 

"So do you think it was conspiracy against black people coming forward against white America?"

I think there is and always has been people in America with enough money to make court cases turn out in their favor, and there always has been a 'conspiracy' against, (really, all people in America, but particularly Black people in America) going up against the police, judges, prosecutors, any part of our INJustice system. 

I agree.  However sad it is.  It seems black people have always been placed many times between a rock and the police...especially in New York.   And we know this girl can't pay that amount of money.  What happens now I wonder.  Will she be imprisoned for nonpayment or will it go against her credit/reputation?   Anyway it goes it is tragic all the way around.   But!

Bottom line here is hat he shouldn't have been able to sue first because she was a minor at the time of the offenses AND the statue of limitations as it was pointed out by sunnubian. Tawana needs to get a lawyer.

(From the movie Do the Right Thing and reads "TAWANA TOLD THE TRUTH!")

One thing I noticed about the "color-free" citizens of our country is that they seem to have a hard time letting a "color-ful" person reform their image and rebuilt their lives.  Kind of like people of color are "Strike One, You're OUT!!"

This story is an example of that, but here are some others...Michael Vick, Isiah Washington,  Vanessa Williams,  Michael Jackson, Ray Lewis, Mike Tyson, etc...but others are allowed...like Charlie Sheen (assaulting women), Jerry Springer (hooker scandal in Ohio...prior to being on TV), Rob Lowe (sex scandal), David Letterman (sex scandal with interns), Arnold Schwarzenegger (baby with the Help), and Woody Allen (as described by rapper Mos Def, "You can laugh and criticize Michael Jackson if you wanna 
Woody Allen, molested and married his step-daughter 
Same press kicking dirt on Michael's name 
Show Woody and Soon-Ye at the playoff game, holding hands 
Sit back and just bug, think about that 
Would he get that type of dap if his name was Woody Black?
")

and No...I AM NOT A RACIST!!!  Just calling the game like I see it!!!!  

Last edited by RadioRaheem
Originally Posted by RadioRaheem:

(From the movie Do the Right Thing and reads "TAWANA TOLD THE TRUTH!")

One thing I noticed about the "color-free" citizens of our country is that they seem to have a hard time letting a "color-ful" person reform their image and rebuilt their lives.  Kind of like people of color are "Strike One, You're OUT!!"

This story is an example of that, but here are some others...Michael Vick, Isiah Washington,  Vanessa Williams,  Michael Jackson, Ray Lewis, Mike Tyson, etc...but others are allowed...like Charlie Sheen (assaulting women), Jerry Springer (hooker scandal in Ohio...prior to being on TV), Rob Lowe (sex scandal), David Letterman (sex scandal with interns), Arnold Schwarzenegger (baby with the Help), and Woody Allen (as described by rapper Mos Def, "You can laugh and criticize Michael Jackson if you wanna 
Woody Allen, molested and married his step-daughter 
Same press kicking dirt on Michael's name 
Show Woody and Soon-Ye at the playoff game, holding hands 
Sit back and just bug, think about that 
Would he get that type of dap if his name was Woody Black?
")

and No...I AM NOT A RACIST!!!  Just calling the game like I see it!!!!  

LOL!!!  they are still doing it many, many years later after Mos Def called them out!!!

Woody Allen and Sun Yi

Jets vs. Dolphins 
Oct. 28, 2012 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...3//10/#ixzz2Jy9jCC7T

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.