Skip to main content

The first interview is with the person I know best here on AA.org. He and I grew up around the corner from each other in a suburb of Boston in the 1970's. In fact, he and I were in the same third grade class when I moved there. He probably doesn't remember this, but he reminded me of a friend from my old neighborhood named Reggie - so for the first month or so (maybe more) I called him by the wrong name! Despite that we became good friends; while he never taught me how to mix records, he did teach me how to dunk backwards!! tfro

I honor his friendship and am so glad we reconnected after a number of years of being out of touch! MBM

AudioGuy

Finish the sentence:

1) The Iraq War is . . . the worst example of white male supremacy/arrogance in the modern day.

2) Black people are . . . my pride, my joy, my love, my people...

3) Five years from now I am going to . . . start a family???

4) My favorite possession is . . . my music collection.

5) I found AA.org through . . . our mutal friend "KB"...

Word Association - write the first word that comes to mind:

6) Marion Barry - Greatest mayor in the history of D.C.

7) Washington, DC - Gentrification

8) Boston - Racism

9) High School - Flyers

10) College - HBCU

Choices - which do you choose between the following:

11) Bootsy Collins or The Isley Brothers? Uh... the name is BOOTSY baby!!

12) African American or Black? African American

13) Phat or Fat? P.H.A.T.

14) A night out on the town or a quiet evening at home? On da town.

15) Internet or TV? TV

General Questions

16) What is your first memory in life? Hangin' out with my older bro. and his friends, playing street football.

17) How many generations can you go back in your family? 2.5

18) What is the last thing that you learned? To take my career more seriously.

19) Will there ever be peace on Earth? Not as long as there are white folks.

20) Are things getting better or worse? Worse... the general populace is getting more ignorant of critical political issues that affect their daily lives... Smile

© MBM

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by MBM:
The first interview is with the person I know best here on AA.org. He and I grew up around the corner from each other in a suburb of Boston in the 1970's. In fact, he and I were in the same third grade class when I moved there. He probably doesn't remember this, but he reminded me of a friend from my old neighborhood named Reggie - so for the first month or so (maybe more) I called him by the wrong name! Despite that we became good friends; while he never taught me how to mix records, he did teach me how to dunk backwards!! tfro

I honor his friendship and am so glad we reconnected after a number of years of being out of touch! MBM

Such a friendship is inspiring... Why did you two lose touch???

quote:
AudioGuy

Finish the sentence:

1) The Iraq War is . . . the worst example of white male supremacy/arrogance in the modern day.

What's the worst example of Black male arrogance???

quote:
2) Black people are . . . my pride, my joy, my love, my people...

That's nice, but what have you done for us lately??? Big Grin

quote:
3) Five years from now I am going to . . . start a family???

You are a beautiful man.... and I'm not just saying that to stroke an already ENORMOUS EGO!!!

I've listened to you.... and your clarity of thought humor... and lighthearted look at life... is a great foundational personality for a father...

a child would be a happy one as your son or daughter...

and *erm* you fine so yo' wife would be happy... Red Face

What?? What??? (Kai... shhhhhh!!!! Wink)

quote:
4) My favorite possession is . . . my music collection.

Gotta love a man that appreciates music...

quote:
5) I found AA.org through . . . our mutal friend "KB"...

who dat is? dis a message board... ion't een know who KB is...

shoot.. bein' secret and errrrythang..

quote:
Word Association - write the first word that comes to mind:

6) Marion Barry - Greatest mayor in the history of D.C.

well... he single handedly created the "Gold Coast" Big Grin

quote:
7) Washington, DC - Gentrification

fa sho... but what are we going to do about it?? get upset as we slowly move out??? Remember those tenants in the apartment building in SE (I think) who secured a loan after petitioning heavily and pooled their resources to buy out the dirty landlords, fixed the place up themselves into condos?? hullo...

quote:
8) Boston - Racism[/quote

really? Can you tell us more about your experiences there??

[quote]9) High School - Flyers

Why flyers??? Are you referring to party flyers????

quote:
10) College - HBCU

HU !!!!!!

quote:
Choices - which do you choose between the following:

11) Bootsy Collins or The Isley Brothers? Uh... the name is BOOTSY baby!!

Wrong answer!!!! It's The Isley Brothers baby!!!!

quote:
12) African American or Black? African American

ain't een gon' say nuthin'

quote:
13) Phat or Fat? P.H.A.T.

Yep.... you a black man fa sho!

quote:
14) A night out on the town or a quiet evening at home? On da town.

Where??

quote:
15) Internet or TV? TV

What's your favorite show???

quote:
General Questions

16) What is your first memory in life? Hangin' out with my older bro. and his friends, playing street football.

Was he a big guy???

quote:
17) How many generations can you go back in your family? 2.5

18) What is the last thing that you learned? To take my career more seriously.

HELLOO!!! Cause you can't catch AG... He's ALWAYS WORKIN' Razz

quote:
19) Will there ever be peace on Earth? Not as long as there are white folks.

And this is why I love you.... kiss

quote:
20) Are things getting better or worse? Worse... the general populace is getting more ignorant of critical political issues that affect their daily lives... Smile

True...

quote:

Yep...Still a knuckle head...

A cute one though...girl

Peace.....
I saw this and I figured that I better hurry up and reply... Who knows if this post would be here tomorrow... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by virtue:

The current state of Hip Hop... The current state of Athletics...

quote:
I am not sure what you mean by the question...

quote:
You are a beautiful man.... and I'm not just saying that to stroke an already ENORMOUS EGO!!!

I've listened to you.... and your clarity of thought humor... and lighthearted look at life... is a great foundational personality for a father...

Thank you...

quote:

who dat is? dis a message board... ion't een know who KB is...

shoot.. bein' secret and errrrythang..
If I put her name out you still would not know... She is a friend that we know from back home... I just did not want to put her name out w/o her knowing...

quote:
Amoung many other things... He also prevented developers from gentrifying the city...

quote:
fa sho... but what are we going to do about it?? get upset as we slowly move out??? Remember those tenants in the apartment building in SE (I think) who secured a loan after petitioning heavily and pooled their resources to buy out the dirty landlords, fixed the place up themselves into condos?? hullo...
I say we all get together one night and knock the heads off their "lawn jockey" statues...

quote:
You have to be more specific with your questions...

quote:
We were knicknamed "The Flyers" in my H.S.

quote:
HU !!!!!!
You KNOW!!! The Bison baby!! Whachuknowboutdat???

quote:
It was a tough choice... I went w/Bootsy becuse I am a true funkateer at heart...

quote:
There's nuthin' you could say!!

quote:
*Ahem* AFRICAN amerikkkan thank you...

quote:
Where??
All Ima gonna say is this: Summer-Summertime in da city baby!!

quote:
What's your favorite show???
CSI...

quote:
Was he a big guy???
No... just five years older...

quote:
HELLOO!!! Cause you can't catch AG... He's ALWAYS WORKIN'
When I say "more seriously" I mean coming to the realization that life is not a game and that my work is the way that I eat... and that If I want to continue to work (eat) that I have to keep my skills sharp... that I have to keep a mental rolodex of about 20 different audio consoles... That I have to be on time... if not early... That sometimes I have to bite my tongue... That there are people who don't like to see a Black man *Ahem* doing what I do, and they will try to sabotage my efforts and succeed, if I am not sharp...

quote:
And this is why I love you....
No you actually love me for my tiga style... Seriously, I thought about MBM's question for a while and I thought just about every conflict on earth was started by white folks... They are just not peaceful people..
quote:
Originally posted by AudioGuy:
I saw this and I figured that I better hurry up and reply... Who knows if this post would be here tomorrow... Wink

Razz

quote:
quote:

The current state of Hip Hop... The current state of Athletics...

I agree....

quote:
quote:
I am not sure what you mean by the question...

You say your pride is your people, what have you been doing for your people lately??? are you involved in any community based projects, for instance...

quote:
quote:

Thank you...

I'm leaving this up..... because I mean it...

seriously... I have three children... I'm approached by men a lot.... but.... true humor and openness in a man is not that easy to find...

please.. I'm not trying to flirt... I just like to point out good qualities when I see them...

and I mean this sincerely.... I could see children loving you....

quote:

If I put her name out you still would not know... She is a friend that we know from back home... I just did not want to put her name out w/o her knowing...

aight den... I respect that....

quote:
quote:
Amoung many other things... He also prevented developers from gentrifying the city...

I guess between women and crack he rivals Bill Clinton in productivity under *ahem* pressure... Razz

quote:
quote:
I say we all get together one night and knock the heads off their "lawn jockey" statues...

rofl...

quote:
quote:
You have to be more specific with your questions...

What was life like in racist Boston... why racist?

quote:
quote:
We were knicknamed "The Flyers" in my H.S.

Who's we? Were the Flyers some sort of club???

quote:
quote:
HU !!!!!!
You KNOW!!! The Bison baby!! Whachuknowboutdat???

Hey!!! You know what! I think I'll visit one of their games this fall! But yeah BISON BABY!!!

and Iknowallaboutdat.... Big Grin

quote:
quote:
It was a tough choice... I went w/Bootsy becuse I am a true funkateer at heart...

Bootsy's cool for a moment... but the The Isley Brother's songs have more *erm* utility...

quote:
quote:
There's nuthin' you could say!!

WHAEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
quote:
*Ahem* AFRICAN amerikkkan thank you...

WHAEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
quote:
Where??
All Ima gonna say is this: Summer-Summertime in da city baby!!

Do you ever go to Rock Creek Park??? Razz

quote:
quote:
Was he a big guy???
No... just five years older...

No, I mean in stature... in build...

quote:
quote:
HELLOO!!! Cause you can't catch AG... He's ALWAYS WORKIN'
When I say "more seriously" I mean coming to the realization that life is not a game and that my work is the way that I eat... and that If I want to continue to work (eat) that I have to keep my skills sharp... that I have to keep a mental rolodex of about 20 different audio consoles... That I have to be on time... if not early... That sometimes I have to bite my tongue... That there are people who don't like to see a Black man *Ahem* doing what I do, and they will try to sabotage my efforts and succeed, if I am not sharp...

I'm proud of you.... (not joking)

quote:
quote:
And this is why I love you....
No you actually love me for my tiga style...

No... I said that because you have a perspective I can appreciate... and I don't een know what "tiga" style is...

quote:
Seriously, I thought about MBM's question for a while and I thought just about every conflict on earth was started by white folks... They are just not peaceful people..

historically and presently so...... creating or instigating trouble....

unfortunately...... pointing this out angers those who have made it their business to befriend the few who don't have enough power to remind them why we as a people ended up over here in the first place....

Peace brother,
V
Last edited {1}
quote:
You say your pride is your people, what have you been doing for your people lately??? are you involved in any community based projects, for instance...
I have not done much lately... I have been training some younger cats who want to get into the industry... Nothing community based though...

quote:
I'm leaving this up..... because I mean it...

seriously... I have three children... I'm approached by men a lot.... but.... true humor and openness in a man is not that easy to find...

please.. I'm not trying to flirt... I just like to point out good qualities when I see them...

and I mean this sincerely.... I could see children loving you....
Children do love me...I just don't have any of my own...

quote:
aight den... I respect that....
You make it seem as though you had a choice... HA!

quote:
I guess between women and crack he rivals Bill Clinton in productivity under *ahem* pressure...
At least he did not leave his "legacy" on a dress... He left it on videotape... like a civilized man would...

quote:
What was life like in racist Boston... why racist?
I could speak volumes about this... but for now I refer you here, here and here...

quote:
Who's we? Were the Flyers some sort of club???
The athletic teams were nicknamed "the Flyers"...

quote:
Bootsy's cool for a moment... but the The Isley Brother's songs have more *erm* utility...
And you have how many children?? I believe the question was geared towards general listening... in which case Bootsy wins hands down... If I am incorrect in the intent of the question and it was geared towards... *ahem* utility, then I agree w/you... The Isley Bros are probably responsible for more "utility" children than "the rhythm method"...

quote:
Do you ever go to Rock Creek Park???
Doin' it in the park... Doin' it after dark... Oh yeah - Rock Creek Park music

quote:
No, I mean in stature... in build...
What part of no did you not understand???!!!

quote:
I'm proud of you.... (not joking)
Thanks..

quote:
No... I said that because you have a perspective I can appreciate... and I don't een know what "tiga" style is...
Wait you "utilize" the Isley Bros... Have like, 19 kids... and you don't know about "da Tiga(tiger) Style"??? Razz

quote:
historically and presently so...... creating or instigating trouble....

unfortunately...... pointing this out angers those who have made it their business to befriend the few who don't have enough power to remind them why we as a people ended up over here in the first place....
What are you talkin about?? Slavery was akin to a summer internship program... We liked it so much, that we stayed...
quote:
I have not done much lately... I have been training some younger cats who want to get into the industry... Nothing community based though...

Helping open the door way for others...... is helping.... a lot.... the community extends beyong our local neighborhood....

kudos to you my friend....

quote:
Children do love me...I just don't have any of my own...

I suggest that after you're married you gone 'head and find the Isley Brother's greatest hits ASAP.... Red Face

quote:
You make it seem as though you had a choice... HA!

You make it seem as if your opinion matters.... HA!
quote:
At least he did not leave his "legacy" on a dress... He left it on videotape... like a civilized man would...

ROFL

quote:
I could speak volumes about this... but for now I refer you here, here and here...

Thanks, I'll check it out.....

quote:
And you have how many children?? I believe the question was geared towards general listening... in which case Bootsy wins hands down... If I am incorrect in the intent of the question and it was geared towards... *ahem* utility, then I agree w/you... The Isley Bros are probably responsible for more "utility" children than "the rhythm method"...

Cute.... But "utility" is in the general listening.... I can dance to Bootsy.... I prefer to relax to the Isley Brothers.... and since I prefer more easy listening this has more practical use for me...

brova...

quote:
Wait you "utilize" the Isley Bros... Have like, 19 kids... and you don't know about "da Tiga(tiger) Style"??? Razz

No.. dear, I'm not as advanced as you are in that "style"....

quote:
What are you talkin about?? Slavery was akin to a summer internship program... We liked it so much, that we stayed...

tfro

Peace,
Virtue
quote:
[QUOTE] I suggest that after you're married you gone 'head and find the Isley Brother's greatest hits ASAP.... Red Face
I don't need to find them... I already have them... and yes, they have been utilized...

quote:
You make it seem as if your opinion matters.... HA!
*From this day forth... it is your destiny to adhere to my opinions and teachings...*
quote:

ROFL
* ...that bitch set me up... that g**damned bitch set me up...*

quote:
Thanks, I'll check it out.....
Well???

quote:
Cute.... But "utility" is in the general listening.... I can dance to Bootsy.... I prefer to relax to the Isley Brothers.... and since I prefer more easy listening this has more practical use for me...

brova...
sorry, but this quote threw me off:
    "...Bootsy's cool for a moment... but the The Isley Brother's songs have more *erm* utility..."

quote:
No.. dear, I'm not as advanced as you are in that "style"....
Neva mind... you ain't ready for "da Tiga Style"!!

quote:

tfro
* hey y'all who wants to go for a little boat ride around the pond??* Wink
AG: My dear Brother, it was good to learn more about you as I think very highly of you and respect your perspective in so many areas. Thanks for sitting down and letting MBM hit you with questions so that we could all gain a little more insight into the AG we have come know know and love. (Well, at least a few of us anyway! Wink)

Great job on the hot seat, baybee! hug
quote:
I don't need to find them... I already have them... and yes, they have been utilized...

ROFL....

quote:
*From this day forth... it is your destiny to adhere to my opinions and teachings...*

Awww... AG dear... What did I tell you about your narcolepsy?
quote:
* ...that bitch set me up... that g**damned bitch set me up...*

OMG!!! I forgot he said that... ROFLMAO!!!

quote:
Well???

quote:
My next door neighbor said that my mom was fat. I told my mom this and she said to say that his mom was wrinkled. (I love my mom for stuff like that)

Me, too... I love that...

AG... Why did your family choose Boston? So much racism.... did things change over time as you grew up?

quote:
sorry, but this quote threw me off:
    "...Bootsy's cool for a moment... but the The Isley Brother's songs have more *erm* utility..."

"I'm cold busted! ala' Oranjuice Jones..

"Hey baby.. I missed you so much I followed you today" lol

quote:
Neva mind... you ain't ready for "da Tiga Style"!!

True.. I ain't ready... you're too much for me...

quote:
* hey y'all who wants to go for a little boat ride around the pond??* Wink

laugh

Peace,
Virtue
Last edited {1}
quote:
From JWC:
Thank you... for all of us, and regardless of the reason!!!
No problem my brother...
quote:
AG... Why did your family choose Boston? So much racism.... did things change over time as you grew up?
They chose the Boston area because my dad got a better opportunity work-wise... Mo' money... I dare say that they did not know that Ma. was a racist as it was... they had no family or friends, that I know of, to warn them... Ma. is no less racist today than it was when we moved there...

quote:
"I'm cold busted! ala' Oranjuice Jones..

"Hey baby.. I missed you so much I followed you today" lol
HA! Don't touch that coat!!
quote:
From Isistah:
Enjoy your celebrity AG! Good interview. I think you've added flavor to this site.
Isistah??!! What's up? How have you been? I didn't realize thqat you were still around... you have been all incognegro for a while now... Celebrity?? I don't know about that... Of the "15 mins", this might be 20 secs...
quote:
From Fab:
My favorite possession is my music collection too, well, THAT and the guitar my father gave me when I was 11.
Music is life...
    "What would we do without music...
    Where would we be without music...
    I don't know, I don't know..."

-DTRAIN

I appreciate all the positive feedback...
quote:
Originally posted by Vox:
AG, have you converted much of it mp3 yet, or are you a vinyl purist? If you have, do you have iTunes? if so, how many tracks to you have on it right now? I need a new aspiration to shoot for.
In a word... NO... I love vinyl... I would only convert if I wanted to take some music with me while working... As I heard a guy describe it "...listening to records is a process... it's the whole taking the record out, putting it on a turntable, putting the needle down... then kickin' back and listening..."

CD's are already harsh enough, mp3's are even more harsh...

Vinyl for ever!!!

Good Interview with one of my favorite AA.orgers. When I read AudioGuy, I think cool people.

AudioGuy you come across as a genuinely nice person. Someone who doesn't meet strangers, you seem to be a person who can make others feel comfortable in your presence. Reading your posts is like having a conversation or kicking it with a friend, which is refreshing.

I know I haven't interacted with you much but I feel like I have just from reading your posts, as they are insightful, witty, and direct. You seem to tell it like you feel it. I love that directness in your writings! I see you are a loyal friend too. It is a pleasure to learn a little more about you.

Love the pictures!

All the best,
quote:
Originally posted by Len:

Good Interview with one of my favorite AA.orgers. When I read AudioGuy, I think cool people.

AudioGuy you come across as a genuinely nice person. Someone who doesn't meet strangers, you seem to be a person who can make others feel comfortable in your presence. Reading your posts is like having a conversation or kicking it with a friend, which is refreshing.

I know I haven't interacted with you much but I feel like I have just from reading your posts, as they are insightful, witty, and direct. You seem to tell it like you feel it. I love that directness in your writings! I see you are a loyal friend too. It is a pleasure to learn a little more about you.

Love the pictures!

All the best,
quote:
From Ma'am:
Ditto.
quote:
From Vox:
Tritto!
WOW!! Sometimes I forget that this is a public forum and that there are people who actually read some of the stuff I write...

I really do love all most of the people who I have interacted with regardless of how much interaction has occurred... AA.org enriches and enlightens me on a daily basis... Okay, maybe not daily... but often... Wink

It is really good to know that I have made a positive impact on somebody... Today AA.org... tomorrow the WORLD!!!

MMMUUAAAHHH HAH HAH HAH!! daz
quote:
I really do love all most of the people who I have interacted with regardless of how much interaction has occurred... AA.org enriches and enlightens me on a daily basis... Okay, maybe not daily... but often... Wink

It is really good to know that I have made a positive impact on somebody... Today AA.org... tomorrow the WORLD!!!

MMMUUAAAHHH HAH HAH HAH!! daz

AudioGuy, even as a little boy, you looked so serious, but you have a magnetic sense of humor. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into the world and mind of Audioguy!
quote:
Originally posted by Rowe:
AudioGuy, even as a little boy, you looked so serious, but you have a magnetic sense of humor. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into the world and mind of Audioguy!
Serious???!!! The only thing serious in that pic was the sun in my eyes...

I don't think that I have been serious since the 1st grade when I punched out some girl for hitting me...

*but... but... she hit me first...*

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.