Skip to main content

Tagged With "FRED HAMPTON"

Reply

Re: FINALLY SOME GOOD ADVICE!!! -How To Get A Man In Four Weeks Or Less - If You Want One

powerflower ·
28 y/o I went to school in VA Graduated from Hampton '98 & attended some grad school at VA Tech before returning to NJ
Reply

Re: Does MLK Get A Bad Rap?

Nmaginate ·
All the speeches Malcolm X did at all the various colleges, etc... That doesn't equate to "exposing" himself? THe trip to Mecca and Africa? C'mon... We just need to stop this madness. Now, as for Blacks brandish guns, etc. I have offered the Deacons For Defense, let alone the BPP... And if anyone wants to dismiss them (particularly the BPP) as irrational radical hot-heads then all I have to say is that they would be without a doubt either someone who is very ignorant or someone whose...
Reply

Re: Perverted Trends of Gangster / Criminal Lifestyles are Ravaging Black Culture...

EbonyRose ·
Commentary: Bert Williams Wore Blackface in 1905, and in 2005, it's our Young Men Who Wear Masks Date: Thursday, March 24, 2005 By: Wayne Dawkins, BlackAmericaWeb.com HAMPTON, Va. – Bert Williams, the talented black vaudeville performer of about a century ago, wore masks, writer Leonard Pitts told a packed room at Hampton University. Williams' physical mask was the blackface makeup that put him in character as the dumb, lazy black male that pleased white audiences and reinforced their sense...
Reply

Re: Prestigious Universities

nayo ·
Howard University's School of Social Work, is top of the line, and is predominantly 'peopled' by whites! I would see Bill and Camille Cosby in the halls many times; they are huge contributors to this department. Also, HU's school of dentistry is 30/30/30/10, black, white, hispanic and other. I was on a jury for a medical malpractice, and five of the doctors, all caucasian and some other type of 'exotic' white, were grads from HU's med school. The person who actually committed the 'error' had...
Reply

Re: Prestigious Universities

James Wesley Chester ·
In '94, I had to go to the naval station at Newport News. I found myself on the campus of Hampton. It was my first time in such an environment. It was exhilarating seeing 'our kids' in an environment friendly to them. Finally, I just sat on a wall and soaked it up. I got the feeling there was another school nearby. But I didn't ask. PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Hairy Situation for Black Males at Major Theme Park...

Dusty Elbow ·
Spencer: Things are getting a bit too hairy at Six Flags Gil Spencer, Times Columnist 06/23/2006 The ACLU is investigating -- but only investigating -- a serious breach of civil rights at the Six Flags America amusement park in Maryland. Human Rights Watch has yet to weigh in. But if what is being alleged is true, look for the European Union to call for the park to be closed, a la Guantanamo Bay. Park management is cracking down on employees who sport what the Six Flags seasonal handbook...
Reply

Re: Hairy Situation for Black Males at Major Theme Park...

Dusty Elbow ·
What are ˜extreme' hairdos for amusement park workers? By ROSE RUSSELL FOLKS are intimidated about hair, especially black people's hair. This was an issue in the 1980s, and hasn't been in the news until recently when Six Flags amusement park in Largo, Md., targeted employees wearing "extreme hairstyles," such as locks "” also called dreadlocks "” long braids, and some cornrows. The park's new general manger is a black man. But more about Terry Prather later. Six Flags America's 2006 seasonal...
Reply

Re: No dreadlocks at Black Enterprise and elsewhere too

Blake Manner ·
This issue, both at Hampton and at Black Enterprise is something that I disagree with, but I am pleased that instead of not telling a person that they don't like dreadlocks or that they are the reason that he will not get a certain promotion, they confront the prople up front and let them know their policy. I can remember countless times where I have been told that I wasn't given public speaking opportunities because I wear baggy jeans. That always pissed me off cause its like people expect...
Reply

Re: Disappointing Facts

Nikcara ·
Timely subject my sister, look at what I found... From the Washington Post: Exchange program may make medical schools more diverse By Chris L. Jenkins, Washington Post Sunday, September 5, 2004 RICHMOND – When state Sen. Benjamin J. Lambert III (D-Richmond) first heard the news, it sounded about right, but he still couldn't believe it: The nation's predominantly white medical schools accepted only 70 black men in 2003 for the fall semester. An ophthalmologist as well as one of Virginia's...
Reply

Re: HBCUs Are Losing

Dusty Elbow ·
People especially us sometimes need examples of what HBCU are doing for YOUNG PEOPLE in OUR COMMUNITIES. Here is one who made 2006 NATIONAL TEACHER of YEAR who went to HAMPTON UNIVERSITY. http://www.thinkport.org/Career/newteachers/profiles/toys2005/oliver.tp http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...AR2006042401667.html http://www.cbmnational.org/news/concerned-black-men-to-...-teacher-of-the-year JUST THINK WHAT THOSE MINIONS WOULD HAVE DONE TO SUCH AT THEIR SCHOOLS without...
Reply

Re: Poor Evacuees Are Better Off Thanks To Katrina?

Kevin41 ·
BLACK COLLEGES IN NEW ORLEANS RAVAGED BY HURRICANE KATRINA New Orleans is a predominantly black city. And upwards of 80 percent of the city's black population is poor, with no automobiles, no relatives outside the city, and no money to buy transportation required to retreat from the devastation in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, Hurricane Katrina has been disproportionately catastrophic for blacks. As is the case with most natural disasters in urban areas, the sharp divide...
Reply

Re: Issues: KATRINA

Kevin41 ·
BLACK COLLEGES IN NEW ORLEANS RAVAGED BY HURRICANE KATRINA New Orleans is a predominantly black city. And upwards of 80 percent of the city's black population is poor, with no automobiles, no relatives outside the city, and no money to buy transportation required to retreat from the devastation in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, Hurricane Katrina has been disproportionately catastrophic for blacks. As is the case with most natural disasters in urban areas, the sharp divide...
Reply

Re: Black Freshmen At University of Pennsylvania Receive Racist Message Depicting Lynchings

sunnubian ·
BEST HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGES 1 Howard University Howard University counts each of its distinguished faculty among its on-campus population of the largest concentration of black scholars anywhere in the world. Here, 93% of students are African-American. Introductory Afro-American studies courses are required in all undergraduate curriculum, whether pursuing a traditional major or as part of the school's renowned Afro-American and African studies program. The university founded Omega Psi...
Reply

Re: White Teachers Fleeing Black Schools

Guest ·
Lofton, You bring out several good points in your post. Let me address my comment about imposing martial law in schools. The problem teachers are facing is undisciplined students. Good principals with the assistance of their staffs can easily rid themseves of drug dealing teachers. I did not literallly mean lay siege to the schools but we must allow teachers and administrators more leverage when it comes to disciplining their students. We must impose more stringent punishments/consequences...
Reply

Re: The Super-Vassal Class

kraaal ·
in a little more detail... Exactly WHAT do you expect of her???... This is not necessarily an expectation. What I'm referring to in colloquial terms is "where the rubber meets the road." Yes, I agree with you that black role models are good and also needed. And yes, there are indeed many fine schoolteachers out there. But, today sorta like yesteryear, whether in music, entertainment or education when blacks reach that high pinnacle of success, for a variety of reasons the black community...
Reply

Re: Interacial marriages/dating???

OldSkool ·
"Only the extremely ignorant or the extremely intelligent can resist change." -- Socrates (470?-399 BC),
Reply

Re: Interacial marriages/dating???

OldSkool ·
I'm sorry Faith already gave me a free internet online psychoanalysis. I do find it strange that people can't simply debate a topic for which they feel strongly about without a character assassination. I guess you are just admitting that you argument is weak and baseless. Well whatever, thanks for the tiff. Take care...oh and umm...CHECKMATE!! hehehe "Only the extremely ignorant or the extremely intelligent can resist change." -- Socrates (470?-399 BC), [This message was edited by OldSkool...
Reply

Re: the wrong signals

RadioRaheem ·
*********************************************************** Who in the hell left the gate open??? Somebody put roots on me G.O.M.A.B., H.O.B.O., M.O.B., and B.B.H. Rules of life!!! [This message was edited by RadioRaheem on August 03, 2003 at 10:07 AM.]
Reply

Re: Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

Faheem ·
Interesting story, in the furture could you please post the story with the link. ------------------------------------------- Bush Leagues Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior By TERESA HAMPTON Editor, Capitol Hill Blue Jul 28, 2004, 08:09 President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned. The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House...
Reply

Re: 9/11 - The Anniversary, The Legacy

kresge ·
Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report Popular Mechanics examines the evidence and consults the experts to refute the most persistent conspiracy theories of September 11. By The Editors Published in the March 2005 issue. False Witness: Conspiracy theorists claim this photo "proves" the 9/11 attacks were a U.S. military operation. (Photograph by Rob Howard) From the moment the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one...
Reply

Re: G.A.G.U.T.

haroldkraus ·
GAGUT VERIFIED BY NATURE AND EXPERIMENTALLY BY NUCLEAR FUSION AND FISSION IN THE CENTER OF THE SUN, IN THE CYCLOTRONS, AND IN THE HYDROGEN BOMB, GGERP AND WORLD TOP ACADEMIC PRIZES LIKE THE NOBEL ARE LONG OVERDUE Gabriel Oyibo From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You have new messages (last change). Jump to: navigation, search Contents [hide] * 1 Professor Gabriel Audu Oyibo * 2 Honors and Awards * 3 Publications * 4 References * 5 External links [edit] Professor Gabriel Audu Oyibo Gabriel...
Reply

Re: Hair snobs

NSpirit ·
The Politics of Hair Robinson, Lori S In her hit song "I Am Not My Hair," R&B songstress India.Arie painfully describes her struggle with trying to conform to European hair standards before adopting her own brand of beauty. But the reality is African American hair - from the afro to the press and curl and perm to natural styles such as braids, twists, cornrows and dreadlocks - still stirs up controversy. Why? "The standard of beauty is certainly a lot more flexible today than it has been...
Reply

Re: A Sista Wrote The Matrix

Black Honey ·
Another view on the imagery in this film. [Not written by me] -------------------------------------- I'm always happy to be able to share positive things whenever I can. And I think "The Matrix" is a refreshing exception to the usual racist images/messages that come out of Hollywood. I believe the Resistance group in "The Matrix" is meant to be symbolic of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, and other Civil Rights groups of the 1960's and 70's. I'm not saying it is the...
Reply

Re: An example why Florida is looking pretty stupid.

sunnubian ·
Re: An example why Florida is looking pretty stupid.
Reply

Re: Protest Sparks After Black Man Shot By Police In Minneapolis

sunnubian ·
Jamar Clark's Killer Cops Identified Amid Growing Protests in Minneapolis Minneapolis Black Lives Matter activist and attorney Nekima Levy-Pounds describes the events, case and protests over the police killing of unarmed African American Jamar Clark. - November 18, 2015 Transcript JARED BALL, PRODUCER, TRNN: Welcome, everyone, back to the Real News Network. I'm Jared Ball here in Baltimore. The shooting this week of Jamar Clark by two police officers in Minneapolis continues to garner...
Reply

Re: Ferguson Activist Darren Seals Found Dead

RadioRaheem ·
http://m.riverfronttimes.com/n...-killed-darren-seals Armed Protesters March Through CWE, Chanting "Who Killed Darren Seals?" by Danny Wicentowski September 12, 2016 at 1:53 PM via Instagram/the4th_duck Armed protesters marched through the Central West End neighborhood on Sunday in a show of force following last week's murder of Ferguson activist Darren Seals . Video footage shows a group of some 20 to 30 people walking along residential streets on their way to the area's bustling business...
Reply

Re: Black Students Say They Were Harassed With Bananas At American University

sunnubian ·
Top 30 Accredited HBCUs <button class="btn--small btn--minimal js-data-list-expand">EXPAND ALL +</button>/<button class="btn--small btn--minimal js-data-list-collapse">COLLAPSE ALL -</button> 1 Howard University <button class="btn--minimal js-data-trigger">+</button> 2 Spelman College <button class="btn--minimal js-data-trigger">+</button> 3 Hampton University <button class="btn--minimal js-data-trigger">+</button> 4 Tuskegee...
Reply

Re: Black Students Say They Were Harassed With Bananas At American University

RadioRaheem ·
thanks for posting...we need to send our kids and esp student athletes to these schools. We can use our strength to build jobs and teach our kids the right way.
Reply

Re: FBI adds first woman to list of most wanted terrorists

sunnubian ·
Assata Shakur in Her Own Words: Rare Recording of Activist Named to FBI Most Wanted Terrorists List Donate <noscript>lt;div id="player_not_available"gt; lt;pgt; Javascript is required to watch video inline on this page.lt;br/gt; You can choose another option amp;lt;a href=amp;quot;/2013/5/3/streamamp;quot;amp;gt;on the listen/watch pageamp;lt;/aamp;gt; if you prefer. lt;/pgt; lt;/divgt;</noscript> download: Video Audio Get CD/DVD More Formats Related Stories "The Black Power...
Reply

Re: FBI adds first woman to list of most wanted terrorists

sunnubian ·
Mychal Denzel Smith » Assata Shakur Is Not a Terrorist Assata Shakur Is Not a Terrorist | The Nation Tweet Mychal Denzel Smith RSS Feed All the blackness that's fit to print. And some that isn't. Assata Shakur Is Not a Terrorist Mychal Denzel Smith <abbr class="published" title="2013-05-07T12:28:03-14400">on May 7, 2013 - 12:28 PM ET</abbr> Tweet A storefront mural of Assata Shakur. ( Flickr/Gary Soup , CC 2.0.) “My name is Assata Shakur, and I am a 20th century escaped slave.”...
Reply

Re: British Black Panthers

Adrian ·
That was part of the COINTELPRO plan/policy. That isn't conspiracy theory either it's well documented now. Also we can speak about the FBI collusion in the assassination of the very eloquent Fred Hampton in 1960 in Chicago. The Black Panther Party was a broad church with many good and many bad people associated with it. To blanket condemn them or blame them for the problems in black communities of the 80s and 90s (as was done by Kokolicious is very lazy and ignorant thinking which is why I...
Reply

Re: British Black Panthers

Kocolicious ·
Since it appears there are few folks who think I don't KNOW what the HELL I'm talking about cuz I didn't cite works or use academic jargon. I did a little research cuz that's all it takes. So here we go. Let's first start with HOW the black panthers treated the women. BLACK PANTHERS AND WOMANISM OR SEXISM At its beginnings, the Black Panther Party reclaimed black masculinity and traditional gender roles.[66]:6 Several scholars consider the Party's stance of armed resistance highly masculine,...
Reply

Re: British Black Panthers

Adrian ·
Kocolicious: so you don't believe in research unless it tells you what you want to hear obviously? Research is more than reading one thing and rejecting the rest. Are you are seriously trying to say it's the Black Panthers fault that there was a crack epidemic, or for guns and crime in the black community, of the US? There are various reasons for that and the Black Panthers aren't it. The reasons are varied, the US is full of guns, the FBI/COINTELPRO, poverty, racism etc. Also there is...
Reply

Re: British Black Panthers

Kocolicious ·
Brotha Adrian wrote: Kocolicious: so you don't believe in research unless it tells you what you want to hear obviously? Research is more than reading one thing and rejecting the rest. Excuse me my brotha! I was talking about FACT based on MY experience with the panthers. What the HELL are YOU ...talking about? Don't minimize my commentary....to maximize your bullshyte. Ain't happening with me. Got that? Are you are seriously trying to say it's the Black Panthers fault that there was a crack...
Reply

Re: Enrollments surge at historically black colleges amid rise in racial tensions

Momentum ·
Despite Obama's hatred toward HBCU's they see enrollment surge! Historically black schools say Obama’s policies have fallen short By Danielle Douglas-Gabriel March 6, 2015 The country’s first African American president is finding himself increasingly at odds with a cornerstone of the African American community: historically black colleges and universities. Leaders at these schools and some black lawmakers say the Obama administration has been pushing policies for years that hurt students at...
Reply

Re: VIDEO: Black Man Pulled Over by White Cop for 'Making Direct Eye Contact'

Fabulous ·
The FBI's War on Black America COINTELPRO- The FBI's War on Black America Through a secret program called the Counter Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO), there was a concerted effort to subvert the will of the people to avoid the rise of a black Messiah that would mobilize the African-American community into a meaningful political force. This documentary establishes historical perspective on the measures initiated by J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI which aimed to discredit black political figures...
Reply

Re: VIDEO: Black Man Pulled Over by White Cop for 'Making Direct Eye Contact'

NSpirit ·
Originally Posted by Fabulous: The FBI's War on Black America COINTELPRO- The FBI's War on Black America Through a secret program called the Counter Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO), there was a concerted effort to subvert the will of the people to avoid the rise of a black Messiah that would mobilize the African-American community into a meaningful political force. This documentary establishes historical perspective on the measures initiated by J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI which aimed to...
Reply

Re: Justice Dept. to investigate Ferguson police

GoodMan ·
@Momentum The reason why we do such things is because: Our Middle Class and upper are cowardly and want to be White socially therefore they desire integration at all costs, even if it means death. Our Middle Class and upper do not like non Middle Class and Up Black people, thus there is no class collaboration what so ever. Us ordinary folk, don't have the capital to perform such feats as I suggested, it could only be with the help of our Upper class. Thus nothing gets done. African Americans...
Reply

Re: Justice Dept. to investigate Ferguson police

DennisKalita ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: @Momentum The reason why we do such things is because: Our Middle Class and upper are cowardly and want to be White socially therefore they desire integration at all costs, even if it means death. Our Middle Class and upper do not like non Middle Class and Up Black people, thus there is no class collaboration what so ever. Us ordinary folk, don't have the capital to perform such feats as I suggested, it could only be with the help of our Upper class. Thus...
Reply

Re: Justice Dept. to investigate Ferguson police

GoodMan ·
Originally Posted by DennisKalita: Originally Posted by GoodMan: @Momentum The reason why we do such things is because: Our Middle Class and upper are cowardly and want to be White socially therefore they desire integration at all costs, even if it means death. Our Middle Class and upper do not like non Middle Class and Up Black people, thus there is no class collaboration what so ever. Us ordinary folk, don't have the capital to perform such feats as I suggested, it could only be with the...
Reply

Re: Justice Dept. to investigate Ferguson police

DennisKalita ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: Originally Posted by DennisKalita: Originally Posted by GoodMan: @Momentum The reason why we do such things is because: Our Middle Class and upper are cowardly and want to be White socially therefore they desire integration at all costs, even if it means death. Our Middle Class and upper do not like non Middle Class and Up Black people, thus there is no class collaboration what so ever. Us ordinary folk, don't have the capital to perform such feats as I...
Comment

Re: Africa In Brazil And The 2014 World Cup—Redefining Afro-Brazilian Relations

Guest ·
Mucinex Coupon Dawn Dish Soap Coupon Dawn Dish Soap Coupon Land O Lakes Coupons Dawn Dish Soap Coupon Flame Broiler Coupons Domino Sugar Coupon Pappadeaux Coupons Propel Coupons Sargento Cheese Coupon Scott Tissue Coupon Tropicana Coupon Hampton Inn Coupons Dickssportinggoods Printable Coupons McCormick Coupons Papa Johns Coupons Lays Chips Coupons
Reply

Re: Multiculturalism As White Racism’s New Weapon Against The Black Agenda

DennisKalita ·
Dr. Umar Jackson is on but not always. Here’s an example – and he has others - where changing the actual facts to serve a narrative – is not good. When the “Stonewall Riots” happened, it was a blip and did not shift the nation’s attention from Black Rights to Gay Rights, no way. He’s factually wrong. That is more what’s happening now. A case can be made for that – now – but not then. Got to stay with the facts or the logic of his narrative loses strength. When making assertions about what...
Reply

Re: Multiculturalism As White Racism’s New Weapon Against The Black Agenda

sunnubian ·
"When he says – and it could well be true – or maybe not that . . the Hoover Gang decided to eliminate both Fred Hampton and George Jackson, despite the latter’s incarceration, thereby effectively cutting the head off of one of the most revolutionary potential leadership contingencies since the loss of King and X . . . how does he know that this is so?? What is the exact basis of his knowledge since he spouts supposed facts all the time? If he knows, we want to know more details too. We want...
Reply

Re: Multiculturalism As White Racism’s New Weapon Against The Black Agenda

DennisKalita ·
Yeah, he’s 100% on Fred Hampton and George Jackson. He also regularly mixes facts with hearsay to veer off into his own conclusions. He undermines himself. Sometimes he’s on and other times he goes way off. If he stuck much closer to reality he'd be more powerful.
Reply

Re: Puerto Rico spirals towards bankruptcy amid mass poverty and increasing inequality

sunnubian ·
Puerto Rico's Debt Is Not Financial, It's Colonial: The Political Imprisonment of Oscar Lopez Rivera Vicente "Panama" Alba joined us from Puerto Rico to discuss the political imprisonment and repression of Puerto Rican Nationalists - July 3, 2015 Bio Vicente Panama Alba is a long-time activist, Puerto Rican independence nationalist and former political prisoner in the US. Transcript JARED BALL, PRODUCER, TRNN: What's up world, and welcome back to the Real News Network. I'm Jared Ball here in...
Reply

Re: I knew this but I try to avoid it because it makes me feel bad and angry

sunnubian ·
Record Low Number of Black Doctors After Obama Cut Dollars to HBCUs That Produce 85% of Them October 26 14:12 2015 by YvetteNew Print This Article by Yvette Carnell A disturbing NPR report found that there were fewer black medical doctors in 2014 than 1978. This news comes after controversy over the Obama administration’s defunding of HBCUs, which produce 85 percent of black doctors. From NPR: Record Drop in # of Black Dr.s as Obama Remains Hostile to HBCUs That Graduate 85% of Them Click to...
Reply

Re: I knew this but I try to avoid it because it makes me feel bad and angry

sunnubian ·
THE BLOG Barack Obama and the $300 Million War on HBCUs 07/10/2013 10:56 am ET | Updated Sep 09, 2013 Jarrett L. Carter Founding Editor, HBCUDigest.com Four months after announcing his candidacy for president, then-Senator Barack Obama stood before a captive audience of clergy at Hampton University, serving as a keynote speaker at the college's 2007 annual Ministers' Conference. He trailed party favorite Hillary Rodham Clinton by more than 15 points in many polls, with many women and...
Reply

Re: Since Korean Hair Shops don't have respect (Headlock/chokehold video inside this topic) for Black women, here is a list of Black owned Beauty supply shops nationwide

RadioRaheem ·
50 Black-Owned Beauty Supply Stores You Should Know Jan 27 2016 OBWS News / 219 Comments 228.2k SHARES Share Tweet Subscribe For decades, the hair care industry in the Black community has been dominated by Asian entrepreneurs and larger corporations like Strength of Nature and L’Oréal. Both brands have had a strong hold on the “ethnic” beauty market especially after acquiring numerous brands from Motions to Softsheen-Carson. That is, until the natural hair movement gained momentum and...
Reply

Re: Trump threatens to ‘send in the feds’ to address Chicago ‘carnage’

Raptor ·
Chairman Fred Hampton Jr on the Violence in Chicago:
 
×
×
×
×