Tagged With "Up Against the Fabrication Divide"

Topic

Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Niger struggles against Islamist militants View Photo Gallery — Islamist militants in West Africa: In the aftermath of the Arab Spring revolts, the fight against militant Islam in this moderate swath of Africa has gained fresh urgency. By Sudarsan Raghavan , Published: August 16 The Washington Post Struggling against militant Islam. DIFFA, Niger This West African desert town hardly seems like the front line of an emerging struggle against terrorism. The market is bustling. Young men listen...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
“When we cry, we need to be heard by the world." And that's exactly right. Otherwise, all of Africa will be smeared with these Islamic extremists. And it's not about the religion per se. It's about CONTROL. It's about being socially STUCK in a backward azz mindset that continuously aborts PROGRESS. And...most importantly the only ones to benefit from this sickness are the MEN. The women will suffer as well as the children will suffer. And these extremists ALWAYS wanna point fingers at the...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
"It's about CONTROL." *************************************************** That's it, control and Arab "expansion" (remember the "Western Expansion" chapters in American History?). Africans have been caught up in that Arab/Islamic psych game for centuries now. They now have most of the world seeing Egypt as not part of "Africa" as well as other northern parts of Africa, especially with the constant reference to "sub"-Saharant Africa , the subliminal suggestion that one, that part of Africa...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Sista Sunnubian wrote: Man, psychology is just not Black people's strong suit. No it's not. Only because we have been under the hammer of psychological brainwashing. It started with the rhetorical device of stating that we were subhumans. And for a looooong time...many including the ones who created that lie....BELIEVED IT too. So it's a continium that muddles the mind of black folks EVERYWHERE-including Africa, the Islands.....and yes America. Tragic. But! By the way: That's why I returned...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: By the way: That's why I returned to college to obtain another degree. This time in Psychology, specializing in child psychology[deveopment] with an emphasis on historical and environmental child abuse. I'm working on my dissertation now....i.e. planning ahead....so that when the time comes I will have all my facts and research already in line and professionally formatted so all I have to do is write my findings with accurate and adequate references-which is...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Everything you say is soooooo true my sista. The cost is off the roof. As is why at this point I'm only taking a few classes at a time. I used to waive scholarship proposals cuz I wanted the "kids" to take advantage of them....but! Now, I have no choice but to accept the scholarship programs I'm qualified for in order to pay for my courses/books and materials. Having said that, [since all my childen are grown], I have a personal obligation to teach/reach our black kids BEFORE everything is...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
One of your other post contained a reference from Mahmood Mamdani. I've posted material from him before (largely ignored in the Libya thread). One of the biggest problems in dealing with any of the situations in Africa is the assumption of false, faulty or uninformed narritives taken as to be universally understood truths and starting points. I'd HIGHLY recommend people reivew his (and several others) material before declaring a hardcore position on exactly what's going on in Africa today.
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Okay, So what are YOU saying? That by reading up on Mahmood Mamdani will dismiss the fact that there isn't true turmoil in Africa? Or that Arabs aren't trying to take OVER all of Africa? What? I mean most of us know that he is an Indian born professor who have written a lot of books specializing in the subject of Arabs/Muslims...but! Not knowing who he is ....does that take away or change what is going in Africa? And what has been going in Africa for 1400 years? I truly don't understand your...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
No. Im suggesting that reading up on that perspective makes for a more informed position on what the turmoil in Africa. Define "Arab" and problems quickly arise with that statement and position. Are you familiar with his work, or did you just google his bio (serious question not an insult)? He (along with quite a few others) are not only noted for their scholarship on the conflicts and history on the continent, but is also noted for the clear distinction he makes between colonial and non...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
My brotha: I did respond to your post extensively....but! My computer froze and it took me a while to boot up again. As a result I lost all my commentary, So currently I am burned out trying to regain it. Therefore I will readdress your post tommorrow.
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: One of your other post contained a reference from Mahmood Mamdani. I've posted material from him before (largely ignored in the Libya thread). One of the biggest problems in dealing with any of the situations in Africa is the assumption of false, faulty or uninformed narritives taken as to be universally understood truths and starting points. I'd HIGHLY recommend people reivew his (and several others) material before declaring a hardcore position on...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
There is an unspoken assumption of who and what an Arab is, which is why I ask people to define it and think about it (whether or not you post it online). What you posted is a popular notion, but problematic when you get into the colonial and cultural history of these region. My position is much to nuanced for me to type out at the moment, though I can say that I do not accept the auto conflation of Arab with European or "fare skinned people from the Middle Eastern region". Once you begin...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Brotha Ciper wrote: No. Im suggesting that reading up on that perspective makes for a more informed position on what the turmoil in Africa. You mean...reading up on HIS perspective would be in YOUR opinion a more informed position on what the turmoil is in Africa. Is that what you're saying. As a matter of fact, I don't have to read his commentary or views on Africa where its relates to Arabs....cuz I have my own. I have been a student of African Studies and World History probably many years...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: There is an unspoken assumption of who and what an Arab is, which is why I ask people to define it and think about it (whether or not you post it online). What you posted is a popular notion, but problematic when you get into the colonial and cultural history of these region. My position is much to nuanced for me to type out at the moment, though I can say that I do not accept the auto conflation of Arab with European or "fare skinned people from the...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: That is my point. The Sudan (for example) is not an issue of any "invasion" Arab or otherwise. If you get the chance, check the following lectures/talks by Mamdani. I cite him not because I think he's the only one qualified to speak on it, but he's one of few who can do so with the respect the subject deserves in a clear way. **just to clarify Im referring to Arabization or Islam an invasion** C-Span video is hard to...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Sista Sunnubian wrote: The fact that the majority of Africans are Muslims is no coincidence of choosing, Islam was imposed on the ancestors of Africans centuries ago in this same. You are absolutely CORRECT my sista. There's no myth or untruths here. There are documents that cite clearly that the invasion of West Africa including Niger began in the early 7th and 8th centuries where FORCED conversions by Arab forces were implemented upon unwilling indigeous folks there. This is the location...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
Sista Sunnubian wrote: But what else am I to make of it when I look at Sudan, what happening now in Niger, Mali? Who are invading these countries and force their religious doctrines on these people? How was it that Egypt ever became predominately non-Black? Who is still enslaving Black African in the region? Who is financing these invasions? Who is slaughtering who? How is it any different that what Europeans did to this country and Native Americans? My sista you are on a roll. Some folks...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: That is my point. The Sudan (for example) is not an issue of any "invasion" Arab or otherwise. If you get the chance, check the following lectures/talks by Mamdani. I cite him not because I think he's the only one qualified to speak on it, but he's one of few who can do so with the respect the subject deserves in a clear way. **just to clarify Im referring to Arabization or Islam...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Thanks for this information. I really want to know what to make of what concerning the constant turmoil(s) happening in Africa. We can't trust the Western media to always tell or show the truth, we can trust historians to always write the truth. But I will say that I see not great benefit of Islam or Christianity where Africans/Africa is concerned. We cannot trust everything historians say either. Historical Revisionism is rampant. All of this propaganda goes...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
I would go further to say that you CANNOT trust racist historians and racists anthropologists to tell the TRUTH in regards to African history. They have always had a hidden agenda. For example: (1) massa told the LIE that we were waiting for him to come to Africa to civilize us...not true. (2) massa told anothe LIE and said that the first man was derived from Asia and then told another lie regarding the Piltdown man [a sick version of Frankenstein] which was quickly revealed as a hoax and...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Originally Posted by sunnubian: Thanks for this information. I really want to know what to make of what concerning the constant turmoil(s) happening in Africa. We can't trust the Western media to always tell or show the truth, we can trust historians to always write the truth. But I will say that I see not great benefit of Islam or Christianity where Africans/Africa is concerned. We cannot trust everything historians say either. Historical Revisionism is rampant.
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Originally Posted by sunnubian: Thanks for this information. I really want to know what to make of what concerning the constant turmoil(s) happening in Africa. We can't trust the Western media to always tell or show the truth, we can trust historians to always write the truth. But I will say that I see not great benefit of Islam or Christianity where Africans/Africa is concerned. We cannot trust everything historians say either. Historical Revisionism is rampant.
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

sunnubian ·
From what I have read so far regarding Mahmood Mamdani, it all sounds like political speak to me. He is making statements that are not wholly true regarding Dufar/Africa/Arab and Islamic influence and religion in Africa. He plays with the death rate in the conflict, then goes on to try to quantify his argument that the death rate (mass murders) includes people dying from illness, disease, starvation, etc., as if starvation is not a war tactic in and of itself, and as if dying from disease...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Muhammad Cipher ·
"I'm just not feeling this guy as being trustworthy and free of any covert agenda on this subject." I'd only suggest that you (and others) consider and look further into these perspectives. They're much more nuanced than some of us are used to dealing with. Its easy and tempting to reduces everything to 'good guys in this corner, evil doers in the other'. The Save Darfur camp was caught misrepresenting numbers and inflating figures. Long story short, we all can be held responsible for being...
Reply

Re: Niger struggles against Islamist militants

Kocolicious ·
I wanna say just SIX things on this issue and I'm through cuz otherwise it will be like beating a dead horse: (1) The definition of a claim is beliefs or opinions that MAY be true or false. Therefore a legitimate claim can ONLY be true if it has PROVEN facts supporting the particular belief or opinion. Having said that, everything that I have SAID throughout this discussion can be PROVEN[examination is not required cuz it has always been examined over and over and over again with the same...
Topic

Remind Me To Oppose ANY and ALL American Assistance To Israel, EVER!

sunnubian ·
'Blacks out!' - race riots in Israel Tel Aviv : Israel | Jun 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM PDT By Herbert Dyer, Jr. <script type="text/javascript"></script> (Flag Report) Wait while we revoke your abuse report... <form action="http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/12372820-blacks-out-race-riots-in-israel" id="fileAbuseReportForm" name="fileAbuseReportForm"><input id="abuseable_type" name="abuseable_type" type="hidden" value="Event" /><input id="abuseable_id"...
Reply

Re: THE GENOCIDE OF THE TASMANIAN PEOPLE

Kocolicious ·
Sorry this wasn't a secret. The data regarding the last of the Tasmanians is false. A few years back there was a woman who was deemed descendant of the last of Tasmanisan-I forget her name. It was a great controversy about that. The name Lucy keeps flashing in my mind. But! I'm gonna do some more reseatch regarding that lady's name. In the meantime here's a little of what I found in an old achive. But it is chilling reading; Ryan documents Robinson’s search parties to locate the pitifully...
Reply

Re: THE GENOCIDE OF THE TASMANIAN PEOPLE

sunnubian ·
That's what I kinda remembered too, but I still wanted to post it because any Black person that may happen onto this site should know what is up against the Black race as a whole and what the Black race has been battling for centuries, and still is.
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Xumbrarchist ·
Why not have a National Recommended Reading List regardless of the public schools or the corporations? The Tyranny of Words (1938) by Stuart Chase http://www.anxietyculture.com/tyranny.htm http://archive.org/details/tyrannyofwords00chas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9H1StY1nU8 The Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh From the Lemonade Stand http://www.exceltip.com/book-1570713960.html http://www.fool.com/personal-f...unting-gamequot.aspx The Screwing of the Average Man by David Hapgood...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

EbonyRose ·
I am so in two minds about this .... ...... I'm not sure what I think!! On the one hand .... the teachers are absolutely right about ridiculousness of "standardized testing." It never should have happened ... and should have been done away with looonnnngggggg time ago!! I don't think teachers should be faulted for the failure of NCLB, They were mandated to follow President Idiot's education plan. And the fact that it had no chance of success ... and actually put public education two steps...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
I agree with you my sista. It is confusing as hell especially when one is no better than the other..depending where you are and who you talk to. As for Emmanual? Well it seems he just wanted to be in charge of something. He didn't want to be someone's assistant even if it was the President of the United States. But! For me the children are the ones who will continue to lose this fight. It's sad. Cuz we gotta have some type of uniform education....otherwise the kids are gonna be f'd up in the...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

sunnubian ·
"We must commit ourselves," in both word and deed Ravitch said, "to a system of free, just, and forward minded public education – not testing, privatization schemes, or crazy accountability schemes that take the focus off of what really matters." "If anyone thinks this strike is just another union “ploy” for higher pay or less “working time” they are sorely mistaken," she added. "And while workers should be entitled to protect their rights, the CPS strike is about the heart and soul of...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
If this is what they are talking about...I agree too my sista. But I heard this before. And if this was the consensus[sp], why have teachers drop the ball for twenty year or more? I say this cuz a lotta children aren't LEARNING. And these same children who didn't learn are the ones who are trying to promote this privatization of schools, charter and home schools, online learning and what's the other term? Deprofessionalism of teachers? Sounds like a play with words to me. Cuz tests don't...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

EbonyRose ·
You know, Ms. Koco ... one of the most startling - and thought-provoking - things I heard during the Democratic Convention was the statistic of how LOW on the list the United States is EDUCATIONALLY compared to the other industrialized countries in the world!! (I can't remember if it was 13th or 26th??? ) But, whatever it was was P-I-T-I-F-U-L ... for a nation that CLAIMS to be the superpower of the world!! Our children/citizens are so uneducated that we have to recruit MORE intelligent...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
Sista ER wrote: Now ... all these politicians and teachers' unions and teachers and parents and everybody else can talk and debate and point fingers at each other ... but the FACTS and STATISTICS don't lie!! Our people have been getting dumber and dumber as the years have gone by!! Even SADDER than that is the fact that a lot of the people we're bring over here to do the high-skilled jobs that our people can't .... were actually trained HERE at OUR colleges and universities!!! Yep! But the...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Xumbrarchist ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: I am so in two minds about this .... ...... I'm not sure what I think!! On the one hand .... the teachers are absolutely right about ridiculousness of "standardized testing." It never should have happened ... and should have been done away with looonnnngggggg time ago!! Standardised testing makes sense but WHAT IS IT? Just because it is standardised does not mean it is not stupid. They imply that just because it is standardised it is valid. They could be...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
Well....what the standardize form they are debating over....folks who are AMERICANS are sucking up OUR jobs in droves. So apparently this standardization is working for them! Cuz our kids cannot even compete on own so-called standardized terms level. And it is that.....that makes this all the more stupid and backwards. I say...let's get back to the basics of education and build on the foundation there. Cuz if you can't read or write or even count.....you are NOT going to be in the game. And...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
I HATE that I can't edit .... I meant to say" WHATEVER the standardized form they are debating" and so on...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: I just don't understand where this system have gone sooooooooo wrong. I do. It happened through the breakdowns of both the community and the family as a 'unit'. I would say both integration - which fractured our sense of "community" and the "village" form of raising/rearing our young ... and the disintegration of the traditional family structure are to blame, probably in equal parts. Or you could pick one over the other. The results would still be the same.
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

sunnubian ·
Don't forget the fact that parents can now be arrested and imprisoned for disciplining their child, (and the child(ren) know this). I do believe that integration was the number one occurrence that did the most damage to African America, not because I am against integration or anything, it's just a fact of circumstance. If African Americans were still segregated, Black people would have seen things like the following as stuff White people did and not as anything particularly pertaining to...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Kocolicious ·
@Sista ER. You definitely HIT the nail with the hammer. You are exactly right. And as a result of the motivation and demand of our parents and community a lotta of us skip grades. I skipped three times...which led to eventually graduating from high school at the age of 16. Which NOW I believe my parents should have kept my butt back with the rest of kids my age. Cuz I was NOT mentally ready to associate with college students at such an early stage of my development-just not.(I did a lotta...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

Fine ·
And rightly so... Originally Posted by sunnubian: Published on Monday, September 10, 2012 by Common Dreams Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform - Common Dreams staff For the first time in a quarter century, the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU)—which represents educators, school clinicians, and support staff in the nation's third-largest school district—is on strike today after weekend negotiations with Chicago Public Schools (CPS) ended on Sunday without agreement on...
Reply

Re: Chicago Teachers Take Stand Against Corporate Education Reform

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Oh...and I rememba a time when one of my peers got pregnant, she suddenly disappeared to live with a relative light years away.....then BOOM! She's back trying to catch up in school work while babysitting her mysterious little cousin who came to live with the family. We never connected the dots. And...on top of that we kids never knew her disapperance was a result of a baby-even though we saw her with this "baby" [cousin] daily. That's how our parents kept...
Reply

Re: Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

EbonyRose ·
Those settlements are something (else) the President will likely not get any credit for from many of his "What's the President done for Black people?" critics. But, the U.S. Dept. of Justice and the Obama Administration are one in the same (even though the media will never term it like that). The same goes for the new protections and oversight over the credit card industry that will help stop those companies from gouging Black people's eyes out with unfair fees. He'll get no thanks for that,...
Reply

Re: Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

Yemaya ·
This comes a day late and a dollar short for most black people. No meaningful legislative action was taken until white people started to lose their homes. And when the banks were given the money to assist homeowners, they hoarded it the money for profit. All of this was on CSpan.
Reply

Re: Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

sunnubian ·
Evidence of how dirty republicans really are, and how little people know of what our 'government'/state and local officials, which are not republican dominated in almost all states. Most people do not even know this is happening. How in the hell can people sue a bank/mortgage company for unfair practices, etc., and the State intercept the settlement funds to do whatever THEY want to do with the funds, instead of it going to the actual people that those practices harmed?
Reply

Re: Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

Yemaya ·
Which is why involvement in local politics are so important. We are concerned about the White House, but forget about the State House...
Reply

Re: Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: This comes a day late and a dollar short for most black people. No meaningful legislative action was taken until white people started to lose their homes. And when the banks were given the money to assist homeowners, they hoarded it the money for profit. All of this was on CSpan. Well, yeah .... but let's be real, Yemaya!! This is America. The country that would prefer to give us NOTHING AT ALL ... and has for centuries tried to TAKE AWAY whatever little bit we...
Topic

Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities

sunnubian ·
Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities June 28, 2012 NOW on PBS's "Help for the homeowners?' segment highlighted the impact of the foreclosure crisis on neighborhoods in Memphis. During the height of the financial crisis, NOW on PBS highlighted the efforts of the city of Memphis in pursuing legal claims against Wells Fargo bank for some of its practices during the housing bubble. City officials argued that the bank’s mortgage practices were harmful...
 
×
×
×
×