Skip to main content

Tagged With "MASS INCARCERATION"

Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

DennisKalita ·
She didn't get that this extreme election was not the usual BS. She helped Trump win by everywhere saying Clinton did not deserve our vote. Now she got it. …. talking to myself here….best thing I can do now is keep focused on positive and constructive projects.
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

sunnubian ·
I noticed that a lot of famous, etc., Black people where going around saying no one should vote for Clinton, or like Dave Chappell, when asked if he was going to vote, saying sh!t like, "What the hell for?" I didn't like her "super predator" reference either [though what was disseminated did not show all of it, where she was literally repeating what she had been told by someone else], but even if she said it outright and/or it was a term, phrase that she made up herself or she was expressing...
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

Kocolicious ·
There really isn't any mystery as to how to eradicate this approaching horror...we've already been through it. It's documented. All you have to do is follow the leadership of black women and men who made it had before. The only exceptional thing is that we are MORE powerful now than we were back then....we didn't have citizenship or the right to vote. Yes it is happening but it still can be STOPPED....as you say Brotha DK by being focused on constructive projective that instill real...
Reply

Re: Can Virtual Reality Videos Put a Dent in Mass Incarceration?

Norland ·
If Blacks were incarcerating Whites in the manner they incarcerate us (God knows, they commit all kinds of crimes and walk free as birds fly), what do you suppose would happen to US?? How many of US would be breathing on this turf if that happened. I'd surmise NONE!!! We complain, moan and groan, march and sing; the incarceration, bullets and death continues; 500 years and counting.... Either we're gluttons for punishment, damn fools, or we just can't get out of this SlaveTrade Conundrum we...
Reply

Re: Can Virtual Reality Videos Put a Dent in Mass Incarceration?

Fabulous ·
@Project Empathy is using the emerging medium to force action on criminal justice reform.
Reply

Re: Can Virtual Reality Videos Put a Dent in Mass Incarceration?

sunnubian ·
This technology should also be used as preventative measures to deter teenagers and young people from crime in the first place.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Another individual who has carried out a terrorist attack on U.S. soil and won't be charged as such because of his race.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Breaking! ‘Dark Knight’ Shooting Suspect Was Medical Student Jul 20, 2012 15 By Associated Press AURORA, Colo. — A former medical student in a gas mask barged into a crowded Denver-area theater during a midnight showing of the Batman movie on Friday, hurled a gas canister and then opened fire, killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history. RELATED: 12 Dead, 50 Injured In Colorado Theater Shooting When the gas began to spread,...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Listening to the interview Sunnubain and here we go with this "Lone Wolf" garbage. Now again how many of these people have to kill before there is a pattern noted?? DENIAL!!
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

nuggyt ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Listening to the interview Sunnubain and here we go with this "Lone Wolf" garbage. Now again how many of these people have to kill before there is a pattern noted?? DENIAL!! Denial of what?? What pattern??
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Listening to the interview Sunnubain and here we go with this "Lone Wolf" garbage. Now again how many of these people have to kill before there is a pattern noted?? DENIAL!! domestic terrorism.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

nuggyt ·
How is it terrorism?? What is the agenda?
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Kocolicious ·
Sista Yemaya wrote: Another individual who has carried out a terrorist attack on U.S. soil and won't be charged as such because of his race. I agree. Its gonna be very interesting how this unfolds. When whitefolks crack up, the media always try to cover it up by citing mental illness or that it is a lone wolf situation. I also agree with you that is indeed a "PATTERN." A pattern of denial, a pattern of young WHITE folks exploding mentally and killing others for no reason other than it's a...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by nuggyt: How is it terrorism?? What is the agenda? Lets see by starting off with what terrorism is: "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." I think walking into a movie theater, tossing tear gas into a crowd and then shooting random people causes TERROR (horror...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by nuggyt: What pattern? Read the entire response for educational purposes. Feb. 14, 2008: Former student Steven Kazmierczak, 27, opened fire in a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, fatally shooting five students and wounding 18 others before committing suicide. Dec. 5, 2007: 19-year-old Robert A. Hawkins opened fire with a rifle in Omaha, Neb., at a Von Maur store in the Westroads Mall, killing eight people before taking his own life. Five more people...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Originally Posted by nuggyt: How is it terrorism?? What is the agenda? Lets see by starting off with what terrorism is: "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." I think walking into a movie theater, tossing tear gas into a crowd and then shooting random...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Did I forget almost every crime show on the ID channel?? Deadly Women, Who the Bleep Did I Marry?, Blood Lies and Alibis, Blood Relatives, Cold Blood, Deadly Sins, Scorned: Love Kills, Nothing Personal, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, Wicked Attraction, Unusual Suspects and 95% of the cases featured are white people killing other whites. There are so many cases out there that there is an entire television station dedicated to covering these crimes. Right in the face of all America to see...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Originally Posted by Yemaya: Originally Posted by nuggyt: How is it terrorism?? What is the agenda? Lets see by starting off with what terrorism is: "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." I think walking into a movie theater, tossing tear gas into...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

nuggyt ·
Uuuuuuum all of that are random. Not pattern at all there,
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Saturday, July 21, 2012 Remembering the Victims of the Aurora, Colorado Shooting President Obama honors the victims of the tragedy in Colorado, those who knew and loved them, and those who are struggling to recover. Watch President Obama's weekly address: Stay Connected
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by nuggyt: Uuuuuuum all of that are random. Not pattern at all there, Please substantiate your position, if you can...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

EbonyRose ·
I see a pattern of White men using guns to carry out the massacre of multiple innocent people at one time.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

RadioRaheem ·
Originally Posted by nuggyt: I am always amazed at how individuals on this site can compare situations while having NO specifics. Conjecture and opinion are truth and reign supreme. http://newsone.com/3097058/nae...ora-colorado-police/
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by RadioRaheem: Originally Posted by nuggyt: I am always amazed at how individuals on this site can compare situations while having NO specifics. Conjecture and opinion are truth and reign supreme. http://newsone.com/3097058/nae...ora-colorado-police/ Aurora, Colorado Police Shoot & Kill Yet Another Unarmed Black Man Comments: 11 | Leave A Comment Aurora, Colorado police confirmed that the man killed by police last Friday in an officer involved shooting was, in fact,...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

RadioRaheem ·
I am wondering how the movie theater shooter was able to get arrested unharmed, while armed to the tee, but this Black person had die unarmed....just asking..not trying to use the 'race card'
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Norland ·
That's the ONLY card there is in "America" and it's a massive card.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by RadioRaheem: I am wondering how the movie theater shooter was able to get arrested unharmed, while armed to the tee, but this Black person had die unarmed....just asking..not trying to use the 'race card' RACISM, that's how. The racist WAR is being waged on Black people , not White people. This racist WAR on Black people in America will continue until Black people WAKE-THE-"F"-UP .
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

NSpirit ·
a SWAT team for 1 man?
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by NSpirit: a SWAT team for 1 man? THEY know it's a WAR .
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

RadioRaheem ·
http://countercurrentnews.com/...zant-unarmed-holmes/ Aurora Colorado Cops Just Shot an Unarmed Man While Handcuffing Him, But They Let a Killer Live March 11, 2015 8:16 am · Police in Aurora, Colorado have now confirmed that they shot an unarmed man in the chest while handcuffing him. The victim’s name is Naeschylus Vinzant. He was on parole since March 2nd, but police say he absconded when he removed his ankle bracelet . When we asked police about the shooting they began listing all of the...
Reply

Re: Jesse Lava on mass incarceration: 'Fear drives an awful lot of our criminal justice

Yemaya ·
Fear is only ONE thing, greed is the other.
Reply

Re: Jesse Lava on mass incarceration: 'Fear drives an awful lot of our criminal justice

Kocolicious ·
You know massa ain't gonna go for that! Hell...that's how he has comperstated[sp] for slavery. Since he can't enslave folks legally, he haas created a way and call it prison. Genius. Cuz there's more immates than there were slaves. And more mola. Brilliant. Cuz massa got to make his money soooooome way. But what gets me? Blackfolks know this and they continue to kill each other and do things to feed massa's lifestyle and then blame it on poverty and being in the hood. And that just DON'T fly...
Reply

Re: Jesse Lava on mass incarceration: 'Fear drives an awful lot of our criminal justice

sunnubian ·
I understand your point, but everything starts somewhere, but, what is happening in African America and to our young people is like a cancer, and before we can eradicate this cancer, we have to also deal with the source of it, or it will always come back, [as it always does].
Reply

Re: Jesse Lava on mass incarceration: 'Fear drives an awful lot of our criminal justice

Kocolicious ·
I agree my sista. And it starts when blackfolks are LITTLE. And then it moves onward when they are in school and TAUGHT about their history. Where in the hell are our so-called black leaders? They should be implementing an all black-school that specifically teaches black history in pre-school and elementary levels. Cuz I'ma gonna tell ya. It's like eating BAD food when you're in a history class and a white teacher is teaching white history and willingly omit black folks in terms of that...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: I see a pattern of White men using guns to carry out the massacre of multiple innocent people at one time. Ding Ding Ding!!! Basically because something didn't go their way. This is what happens when you give guns out to people with deformed and under developed personalities.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: I see a pattern of White men using guns to carry out the massacre of multiple innocent people at one time. History is saturated with this pattern of gun and weapons violence by White males, so much so, that psychologists and the FBI have been able to devote enough time to this pattern to dissect it and establish an accurate profile saying as much, to the point that they can predict with certainty that perpetrators of these type crimes will almost always...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Kocolicious ·
And that's the PATTERN .
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Another perspective from FREEP.com Considering the facts of this case, the fact that its mostly white men who do this type of shit, I would have to say I agree with this view. Rochelle Riley: We have no right to despair when our culture OKs assault weapons <h6>A weapon lies on the ground outside the Aurora, Colo., movie theater where dozens were shot -- 12 fatally -- during a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" early Friday morning. / HELEN H. RICHARDSON/Associated Press</h6>...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Another response from KultureKritic by Dr. Boyce Watkins. I don't always agree, but this was on point. by Dr. Boyce Watkins, KultureKritic.com Rochelle Riley from the Detroit Free Press wrote an article in which she says that Americans should stop whining about every mass shooting that occurs, especially since we don’t have the collective courage to modify existing gun laws. Riley says that every time a shooting like this happens, American huddle around and cry, ask for prayer and express...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

EbonyRose ·
And that's one of the reason why I don't understand why these White males are NOT as readily designated as "terrorists" ... just like their Arab/Muslim counterparts!! The only real difference between a psychotic such as this dude and a "suicide bomber" is 1) one is a White, (usually Christian) male ... and the other is an Arab, Muslim. Because the purpose and actions of BOTH are to enter a public place and KILL multitudes of people!! One does it by strapping a bomb to his body and taking...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
And, gang members that go around shooting up a place, or someone's home because they want to kill someone should be thrown in that mix as well, because killings like what has been happening in Chicago is acts of terrorism where the shooter(s) care no more for the innocent bystanders than this Colorado killer or any brainwashed Islamic fanatic.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

EbonyRose ·
I hadn't read those two articles before I posted .... but I like what both of them had to say!! Especially the first one. I couldn't agree more!! However, both oversimplified the problem. Or, in this instance, the solution . The reason gun laws are not changed or challenged is because the NRA literally BUYS and PAYS FOR the politicians who do not vote to change or challenge the gun laws in this country!!! They are the biggest political lobby in Washington. They gave more than $40 million to...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
They are the biggest political lobby in Washington. They gave more than $40 million to the political campaigns of both Democrats and (but mostly) Republicans .. both Senators and House Reps - who voted in favor of laws to uphold the Second Amendment. They give a lot less money to presidential campaign s/candidates themselves. Because they know that a president is not the one who will make the laws. (Although when they do give - it is to the Republican, because he has the power to appoint a...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Cholly ·
Here is how James Holmes was dressed during the incident according to the Pragmatic Progressive's FB page:
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by Cholly: Here is how James Holmes was dressed during the incident according to the Pragmatic Progressive's FB page: This is gear clearly designed for military type activity ie murder and warfare. So how was this military-type gear sold to civilians and most importantly WHY? Was this man going to battle with someone? How is there a market for this to civilians? WOW.
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Cholly ·
Quote by Yemaya: "How is there a market for this to civilians? WOW" And here is the 100 round drum clip that Holmes purcased to go with the AR 15 that killed/wounded the majority of people that jammed while he was shooting. Sadly this is the America that we live in and the current gun laws supported ny the NRA and it's strong lobbysists in D.C. on the books fully support each and everything that James Holmes had with weapons and all accessories and he bought all this stuff, over 6,000 rounds...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
If this gear is authentic, military grade, then there must be thousand/millions being sold for it to be affordable for an average person to go out and buy in the first place. So . . . Any lights going off?
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Cholly: Here is how James Holmes was dressed during the incident according to the Pragmatic Progressive's FB page: I'm sure that you all noticed that even though he murdered several innocent people and wounded many innocent people, and was strapped to the nine (picture), the police were able to arrest him without mistakenly believing that he reached for a weapon/one of the many weapons he had, like they usually do if a suspect is Black (and 9 times out of 10, do not even...
Reply

Re: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

EbonyRose ·
That is an EXCELLENT observation, Sunnubian!! Yesterday, I was reading an interesting story (that for some reason is not dominating the MSM) about four days of "riots" that happened in Anaheim, CA after the police shot two Hispanic gangbangers (two separate incidents on two separate days!) ... one of whom was unarmed (and shot in the back and the back of the head). The community has been taking exception to these killings and for the past four days have been holding demonstrations where...
 
×
×
×
×