Tagged With "The Black Race Globally"

Topic

Black History Year...Every Year

EarthAndSky ·
Have we, as a people, settled for a measly 28 days (29 during Leap Years) of Black history? Do we believe just one month is good enough to tell our story, a story that still hasn't been told or been given the justice it deserves? Do we want our history to continue being marginalized? Are we satisfied that Black History Month often just focuses on slavery; the Jim Crow Era; the accomplishments of our black brothers and sisters in the fields of entertainment and sports; the Civil Rights...
Reply

Re: BLACK GENOCIDE IN THE 21ST CENTURY

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by homie: Black Genocide in the Twenty First Century Perhaps this film would better serve students majoring in sociology. BUT NONE OF IT MATTERS!! Eugenics, Racism and Christianity is all from the same monster!! If you cannot convince the Negro to denounce his love of slave Christianity, then it doesn’t matter what the white race has done to blacks, - The Negro will forgive them! kraaal I agree 100%. I posted it because it does accurately chronicle the fact that what we now...
Reply

Re: Tim Wise -"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black"

NSpirit ·
JWC, call me dense, but i still don't get it. When Tim Wise is described as a hustler, is it meant in the same way Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are called race hustlers? Is it because he does make a living discussing the issue of white privilege? Also, I'm still unclear as to the damage/taint you are speaking about. Could you elaborate?
Reply

Re: BLACK GENOCIDE IN THE 21ST CENTURY

homie ·
Black Genocide in the Twenty First Century Perhaps this film would better serve students majoring in sociology. BUT NONE OF IT MATTERS!! Eugenics, Racism and Christianity is all from the same monster!! If you cannot convince the Negro to denounce his love of slave Christianity, then it doesn’t matter what the white race has done to blacks, - The Negro will forgive them! kraaal
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

EbonyRose ·
Mannnnnn .... I wish y'all haters would make up your minds, all ready!! FIRST you say that President Obama should pay particular and specific attention to Black people's issues. Support his OWN race in our OWN way. Don't act like we - or he - are in the same situation as everybody else. He needs to distinguish our plight from the rest of the crew. Do the Black thang in the Black way. BUT THEN outta the SAME mouth and practically using the SAME breath you say that the President should treat...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Kocolicious ·
Sista ER wrote: Mannnnnn .... I wish y'all haters would make up your minds, all ready!! FIRST you say that President Obama should pay particular and specific attention to Black people's issues. Support his OWN race in our OWN way. Don't act like we - or he - are in the same situation as everybody else. He needs to distinguish our plight from the rest of the crew. Do the Black thang in the Black way. BUT THEN outta the SAME mouth and practically using the SAME breath you say that the...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

TheRealDeal ·
https://www.africanamerica.org/...t/320346378732483837 http://www.ceyseauinc.com/ http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-182700 http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-961198 "There is no doubt that racism exists. Just as it always has, and always will. And a perfect example is Ome's claim that unless you are black you can't understand what the black race has been through. I agree with his statement. I also believe it is inherently racist. That statement indicates that any individual's life experience will...
Reply

Re: Tim Wise -"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black"

James Wesley Chester ·
JWC, call me dense, but i still don't get it. When Tim Wise is described as a hustler, is it meant in the same way Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are called race hustlers? Is it because he does make a living discussing the issue of white privilege? Also, I'm still unclear as to the damage/taint you are speaking about. Could you elaborate?---NSpirit No, Rev. Jackson, and Rev. Sharpton represent organizations dedicated, and active in demanding correction of the system. Tim Wise sells books, and...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

TheRealDeal ·
http://www.ceyseauinc.com/ http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-963387 https://www.africanamerica.org/...t/320064903666824732 RE: "Ex-officers get probation in Houston teen beating" b y JUAN A. LOZANO, Associated Press | April 24, 2013 Here again, when U.S. born Blacks place no value in Constitutional protections for U.S. citizens, and when there are no civil lawsuit mega-buck penalties on the back end, to hold public servants or anyone else financially liable for damages in the City (Houston,...
Topic

Killers Behind The Badge: NewsOne’s Investigative Series On Police Brutality In Black America

sunnubian ·
Killers Behind The Badge: NewsOne’s Investigative Series On Police Brutality In Black America Jul 6, 2012 From Abner Louima and Amadou Diallo (pictured below right) to Sean Bell (pictured left) and Oscar Grant , Black men in the United States of America are murdered, beaten, and violated by officers of the law sworn to “protect and serve” them. Men, such as Darryll C. Price , Lorenzo Collins , Roger Owensby Jr . , Jeffrey Irons , and Timothy Thomas , were all found guilty and lynched for the...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

TheRealDeal ·
https://www.africanamerica.org/topic/time-to-remove-race-from-gun-debate?reply=321894581587619832&rl=true#321894581587619832 RE: "Time to Remove Race From Gun Debate" sunnubian and/or anyone else of anti NRA/Gun lobbyist expression I support the NRA and unlike you I have no beef with the NRA and the Gun Lobbyists. As a matter of fact, I'm on the side of the NRA, the gun lobbyists, and/or the gun owners. I'm not against any American owning an assault weapon or any other weapon. Again, a...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Noah The African ·
Assuming his analysis is correct, then why does he not motivate Hispanic, Jewish and Gay audiences in the same manner using those same words? Certainly if Obama believes in a post racial America and that a rising tide will lift all boats, then he should be giving the same rising tide motivational speeches to every interest group and not tailoring speeches based upon race, ethnicity or religion and reserving the use of words like complaining, whining and the like to black audiences. Obama is...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Sweetwuzzy ·
Originally Posted by Noah The African: class="quotedText do_rounded_div_css_ffsafari_tl do_rounded_div_css_ffsafari_tr do_rounded_div_css_ffsafari_bl do_rounded_div_css_ffsafari_br"> Assuming his analysis is correct, then why does he not motivate Hispanic, Jewish and Gay audiences in the same manner using those same words? Certainly if Obama believes in a post racial America and that a rising tide will lift all boats, then he should be giving the same rising tide motivational speeches to...
Reply

Re: The Perils of Black Power: What is wrong with these black politicians?

EbonyRose ·
I'd say the main thing wrong with these Black politicians is the fact that their POLITICIANS! Next would be that their all corrupt and .. in some cases.. just plain ol' stupid. Ignorance and greed do not discriminate or choose sides based on race. The fact that they are Black, IMO, is of no consequence whatsoever. And while it's quite possible they were specifically targeted because of their race (we have not yet 'overcome' and there are still plenty of people that would like to cause us...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

sunnubian ·
Will Justice for Trayvon Martin End Up Like Latasha Harlins? 0 Bougie Black Girl April 13, 2012 Race Will Justice for Trayvon Martin End Up Like Latasha Harlins? . On March 16, 1991, a 15 year old African-American girl named Latasha Harlins - enter Empire Liquor Market store in Compton, California and proceeded to grab an orange juice – and place it in her back pack. Before she could pay for the item, Korean store owner Soon Ja Du confronted her – and accused her of stealing, even though...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: No where in the WORLD do we have this one of a kind opportunity...[not even in Africa]....but! What do we do? Bitch and moan...and while playin that distraction role we do soooooo well...other folks are reaping the benefits that TOTALLY belong to us. And you know that too is gettin REAL old. But! I'm just sayin ---------------------------------- All right .... I'm about to make myself REAL late ... and ruin my entire schedule for the REST of the night!! But...
Topic

The Divide Between Blacks and the Irish

Cholly ·
A St. Patrick’s Day primer on how two groups of Americans who were once close parted over slavery. St. Patrick's Day is not usually associated with African Americans. In fact, to African Americans it has often been a reminder of the great political divide between themselves and the refugees from the Irish potato famine who came to the United States. What explains the divide between two groups that were once in very similar circumstances? The Irish who immigrated to America in the 18th and...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

sunnubian ·
Racial Profiling: Black Students Arrested White Students Party On May 7, 2013 | Filed under: Headlines | Posted by: Editorial_Staff 1 African-American students harassed and arrested by the LAPD AFRICANGLOBE – Some University of Southern California students say they were unfairly targeted Sunday morning when LAPD officers broke up a party and arrested several students. However, police say they were attacked by the students, who maintain they are victims of racial profiling. A YouTube video of...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Cholly ·
Quote by ER: " I'm not sure there is ANOTHER effective way to get Black people motivated!! I mean ... what else has (ever) worked?? " IMO, the problem with this traditional direct fire "sermon on the mount" approach today regarding Black folk and getting them fired up to do anything is how it's constantly being done on a rare basis to generate a short term buzz and little else. And this short buzz is all about the upcoming 2012 election. If the President had come around Black folk during his...
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Kocolicious ·
Sista ER wrote: Because of our experience and history .... we understand things in ways NOBODY else can. And web don't need to be drawn a map ... or get a rocket science degree ... to grasp what most White people in this country can't even begin to comprehend on a rational and intellectual level. Thank God....my sista. I thought I was the ONLY person in the room. Exactly. We have worn the mask in terms of hiding how intelligent we are for hundreds of years. In fact, the very fabric of...
Topic

Let's Not Forget Amanda Knox's Lie

sunnubian ·
   Let's Not Forget Amanda Knox's LieWhen first arrested, she blamed the death of her roommate on an innocent black man.By: Phillip W.d. Martin | Posted: October 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM Getty ImagesAmanda Knox has returned...
Topic

Why Not a Black Party?

EbonyRose ·
<small>Posted on Friday, March 26th, 2010 at 12:22 am</small> Now we have the Coffee Party which I suppose is a liberal counterpart to the Tea Party that emerged in the Washington, DC area by folks led by Annabel Park a documentary film maker who was horrified by the ugly, menacing and anti-government spirit of the Tea Party crowd that emerged to disrupt the flow of civil discussion about important issues. I’ve been asking, where are the folks who voted for Barack Obama,...
Topic

CBC - Race in America

EbonyRose ·
The Congressional Black Caucus held a panel discussion on Race in America.  It's 2 hrs. long ... but, if/when you have time, I think it's a discussion worth watching. http://cspan.org/Watch/Media/2...cussion+on+Race.aspx
Reply

Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus to "Stop Complaining' - Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work.

Kocolicious ·
Sista ER wrote: I was reading in another thread here on the Board (can't remember which!) but it was something about protesting .... in this and other countries ... and at least TWO mentions were made about protests being referred to as a "Million (Person) March"!!! And I'm thinking to myself ..... Isn't it AMAZING how, seemingly no matter WHAT we do/get/start/achieve ..... EVERYBODY wants to get in on it, copy it, use it, emulate it, better themselves with it, take it one step further ....
Topic

Tim Wise -"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black"

Cholly ·
Tim Wise - Anti-Racist Activist Let’s play a game, shall we? The name of the game is called “Imagine.” The way it’s played is simple: we’ll envision recent happenings in the news, but then change them up a bit. Instead of envisioning white people as the main actors in the scenes we’ll conjure - the ones who are driving the action - we’ll envision black folks or other people of color instead. The object of the game is to imagine the public reaction to the events or incidents, if the main...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

TheRealDeal ·
....More likely, the Black community is kicking itself to plenty of curbs and beyond and sending itself to the gallows...... YouTube: " Black People Were Never Citizens Of Amerikkka " - Dr. Umar Johnson http://www.drumarjohnson.com/#!shop Dr. Umar Johnson must be finding it easy to separate all the "fools" from his or her money. It is truly disturbing that university educated black professors in this country who teach blacks to be stupid, teach them that they are not U.S. citizens, that U.S.
Topic

Mario Van Peebles Discusses Black Film History & African American Empowerment Through Film

Cholly ·
Mario Van Peebles (right), with his dad Melvin Van Peebles Mario Van Peebles is the son of Melvin Van Peebles, the legendary filmmaker who created the cinema classic 'Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song' (1971). After his father's film inspired the entire group of movies from the blaxploitation era, Mario (who appeared in 'Sweetback' as a boy) went on to contribute to film history himself by crafting well-loved films like 'New Jack City' (1991), 'Panther' (1995) and 'Baadasssss' (2003) , among...
Reply

Re: THE LYNCHING OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA

sunnubian ·
Lynch Mob Attacked Postmaster Frazier Baker And Family On This Day In 1898 Feb 22, 2013 12 By D.L. Chandler Share Although the term “lynching” conjures for most the stirring image of a person being hanged, the act itself has a wider meaning. Taking one’s life without legal authority and by means of show of force in numbers also captures the term’s overall defintion. The heinous practice wasn’t a bane exclusive to African Americans — as many Whites were lynched as well — but Black people...
Reply

Re: THE GENOCIDE OF THE TASMANIAN PEOPLE

sunnubian ·
That's what I kinda remembered too, but I still wanted to post it because any Black person that may happen onto this site should know what is up against the Black race as a whole and what the Black race has been battling for centuries, and still is.
Reply

Re: Black Caucus to Join Push for Amnesty for Illegals

MaynardJ ·
They like the other liberals and democrats could care less about the dumb black people that support them. Blacks are useful idiots. 1. Mindlessly vote for them. 2. Black Americans are a useful tool to make other people stupid since they are looked upon as the cool hip race. The liberals want to turn this country into a latin banana republic. Black Americans are going reap what they sowed when this happens. It won't be pleasant.
Reply

Re: Half of Black Caucus Signs on to Israeli Stance on Syria, in Defiance of Black Public Opinion

Norland ·
These fuckers are MANKIND!! Truth is, no one knows what KIND of MAN they are!! They've been blowing up people ever since I've been on the planet and are itching to cook Iranians. "People" that needed SLAVES had more than a mental health issue. They're just an entire RACE of DONALD TRUMPS and HITLER. If they'd let their FUR grow the way it's supposed to, they'd put the hairiest monkeys alive to SHAME!! Now here we all are: COMPLAINING and no one gives a shit. We're stuck until death comes...
Topic

Stealing a Nation - How the UK/US Stole the Diego Garcia Island

sunnubian ·
THE NEVER ENDING STORY OF THE EVILS, PSYCHOPATHY AND PURE HATRED OF RACISM AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE.
Reply

Re: IN COMMEMORATION OF FRED HAMPTON DAY [CHICAGO] SINCE GOOGLE, FACEBOOK'EM, ETC., HAS ALL CURRENT INFORMATION BLACKED OUT

sunnubian ·
It is amazing just how man psychopaths there are in America; it is amazing just how many psychopaths there are in the White race in America. The unprovoked hatred they have for Black people is pathological.
Reply

Re: Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. Donates Handcuffs To Smithsonian Black History Museum

Yemaya ·
Our genealogy group was laughing about this today.... we were all wondering how he even got the handcuffs....
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Yemaya ·
All I have to say is "Out of the mouths of babes!" This little boy in a satirical way was saying to a grown ass man, you will respect my mama! Positive message IMO!
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

EbonyRose ·
No, it's not just her! That commercial rubbed me the wrong way, too! But unlike her, I know exactly what it was that I didn't like about it! It was the portrayal of a Black child that young having no home-training and no respect for an adult - and a Black man at that!! Dude should have dropped-kicked his little ass into the next millennium, if you ask me! And that might have been funny! (j/k) But, no, I was not amused by that ad. Of everyone that could have acted the fool in that commercial,...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Huey ·
I must've missed that commercial, when I was picking up the hot wings. In a way, I'm kinda glad that I did miss it, because I would've been ticked off after seeing it too. Yemaya said: "This little boy in a satirical way was saying to a grown ass man, you will respect my mama!" And that little boy would've had his narrow behind sizzling after he said that to me. Damn little crumb-snatcher SHOULD be saying that to that no-good biological, deadbeat daddy of his. I may have to agree with ER...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

kresge ·
As I do not follow sports, I also missed this ad. It only came to my attention when some of my white friends on Facebook joined a fan club for it. That caused me pause, as when a month or so ago, all of them joined the group "Pull your pants up" or "Pant's on the Ground." These are always red flags for me, when white folks jump all over something with AA imagery. That suggest to me something insidious operating on the level of their unconscious. Would the commercial have been as popular with...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

bigddouble ·
Disagree with the negative takes. It's funny because you wouldn't expect such a little fella to come up with such a strong way to get his point across about his mama (first) and snack (second). It was simply a joke. Not an authentic take on Black life or serious study of single Black mothers, their children and their dating partners. It was just a humorous 30 second spot. This is one of the times where I think as a cultural/racial group, some of us are being a little too sensitive. If a...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

SavvysPlace ·
I'm usually good on bringing up racial stereotypes of US in the media... However, this commercial made me laugh...it reminded me of all the other instances in the media when we see the "kids" size up the "adults" that come into their parent's life..... "Listen, don't even THINK about hurting her/him...cuz we're watchin YOU...and there WILL be hell to pay!" I always think it cute when our kids try to defend us. "Wisdom Is A Woman Who Laughed At That Commercial!"
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

EbonyRose ·
So lemme ask you this, Ms. Savvy ... What would happen if your little man slapped a fully grown adult Black man (boyfriend or otherwise)? Would there be consequences? (Good, bad or indifferent?) Or would you do nothing about it because it was "cute"? (Just wondering how you would handle such a real-life situation? Not having children, I'm not really sure how that's supposed to go. )
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

SavvysPlace ·
Reference: So lemme ask you this, Ms. Savvy ... What would happen if your little man slapped a fully grown adult Black man (boyfriend or otherwise)? Would there be consequences? (Good, bad or indifferent?) Or would you do nothing about it because it was "cute"? (Just wondering how you would handle such a real-life situation? Not having children, I'm not really sure how that's supposed to go. ) Actually, ER , that's a pretty fair question.... First I have to say that my son is VERY protective...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

EbonyRose ·
ROFL ... okay, I understand that. I can also understand the need/desire of a little one to protect his Mom ... understanding that one day he will be a man and, in the meantime, may be a little eager to take the duty/responsibility seriously. And with that I have no problem! Admittedly, most of the single mothers I know have raised their sons (and daughters) to be respectful of adults. However ... I do know some that do not. And have seen out in public many more that don't fit that mold,...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Vox ·
I'm still learning this site (I ride the LiveCloud short bus, so don't clown on me y'all!), so I'm only now seeing this thread. I didn't think the ad was all that funny, but I wasn't offended by it either. If anything, seeing a young man defending his mom like that is positive, IMO. The only thing stereotypically "black" about it was that fact that the boy called her his "mama" instead of his "mom," and his vernacular is probably a large part of what made the commercial so much a favorite,...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

ocatchings ·
I was in full "testerone male mode" at the time. This was during the game so the only thing that stood out in my mind was how shapley and toned the mothers legs were when she walked away. Sorry.
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

EbonyRose ·
Well .... you may be a shameless cad ... ... but, at least you're an honest shameless cad!! And I can live with that!
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

NSpirit ·
I gasped! and then i ROTFL when i saw this commercial. The fact that the child was in a position to be "guard dogging" his "mama" was kinda weird and cute at the same time. Also the brotha didn't have to look at mama's behind and legs in such a biscuit and gravy sopping manner. I think i agree that a white child would not have been depicted as being placed in this position.
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Huey ·
Even if the man was drooling over the boy's mother, it still doesn't give the boy the right to slap the chips out of his hand. That kid in real life would've had the taste buds knocked out of his mouth, for slapping a chip out of a grown man's hand.
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Kocolicious ·
I'm so behind on the latest topics.....but! Children have their place with adults. Period. At first the commerical was kinda funny....cuz the little boy is cute....but! Aside from that, he had no business being "fresh" or "smart" with an adult. Period. In Steve Harvey's book, he mentions how he was as a child when his father told him to look out for his mother during outings...and most importantly to always protect her-no matter what. Otherwise don''t come home. I understand the lesson in...
Reply

Re: Why Does the Super Bowl Dorito's Ad, with the Little Boy Smacking the Man, Bother Me?

Blizz'ard ·
Hmmmm, tough one. At first viewing, it is cute. ( as someone said, cute kid, protective instinct etc. ) However, the little guy just rolling his eyes and saying, "You disgust me!", would be more to my liking.
×
×
×
×