Skip to main content

Tagged With "Trayvon—or Colorblindness"

Reply

Re: The FALLACY of the "COLORBLIND": False Theory & Bad Practice

Kevin41 ·
First of all, I'm glad you brothers got sarge straight on that nonsense azz approach to trying to refute the truth. It is a sad state of affairs when one provides unequivocable proof and the person who does not want to believe it sticks to their inaccurate beliefs. In academia, people like that get ran out of the building with their tails tucked between their legs. Kweli4Real posted, I reject Conservative America's plea for and/or offer of a colorblind society as patently disingenuous. This...
Reply

Re: The FALLACY of the "COLORBLIND": False Theory & Bad Practice

Nmaginate ·
SHEBAKOBY... You act as if Darwainism created racism or at least its Black form... That was a justification, an afterthought or support of the racism that was... and you still have "educated" philosophies that once you take them to their logical conclusion still promote that same idea. Your PW-All-Stars are infamous for that kind of thinking... You can put a dirty bum in new clothes but he will always be a dirty bum after the make-over. That's all racism has done, got a make-over... Of...
Reply

Re: The FALLACY of the "COLORBLIND": False Theory & Bad Practice

shebakoby ·
DUHHHHH I know it did not create it. But it sure as hell made it WORSE. Before, people only thought that minorities were inferior. After that , they had some kind of "proof"!!!!! (fraudulent though it was) Hey! They prefer to be called "homeless"! yes I have the nerve to quote Rush. WTF is wrong with that? You quotin Malcolm X like it's going out of style. "You liberals with your conspiracy theories are starting to sound like your own version of the John Birch Society "-Rush Limbaugh
Reply

Re: The FALLACY of the "COLORBLIND": False Theory & Bad Practice

sergeant ·
I agree Shebokoby, the issue is 'hyped' for as long as I can recall. There are those who profit from the racism industry, and there are those who maintain power if they can convince enough people that racism is hiding behind every corner, and in every aspect of life. If there is no racism, then how many people lose their jobs, causes, and political offices and power? How many times have you heard a politician 'claim' they gonna fix, or at least 'fight' against racism? Many I can assure you.
Reply

Re: The FALLACY of the "COLORBLIND": False Theory & Bad Practice

sergeant ·
Hey maginate, my brother, what up man. So, you talking about 'apples' now? Whats that mean? Here, I'll post my post again, and see if you can find out where the apples are: I agree Shebokoby, the issue is 'hyped' for as long as I can recall. There are those who profit from the racism industry, and there are those who maintain power if they can convince enough people that racism is hiding behind every corner, and in every aspect of life. If there is no racism, then how many people lose their...
Reply

Re: From Birmingham to Baghdad, Imperialism's Freedom Ride

Nmaginate ·
Noah... When they try to tell Black people what Dr. King stood for by equating in absolute terms that his "content of character" (DREAM) to this "colorblind" crap they do in fact have NO RESPECT! They try to play on what they assume is our reverence for Dr. King and his ideas to make what they say and believe a reality. Now, as is my ususal exercise, I'm obliged to say that Dr. King believed, conceptually, in BOTH Affirmative Action and REPARATIONS. What's problematic with AA is the very...
Reply

Re: Fiscally Conservative | Socially Progressive

James Wesley Chester ·
Oh! Now I understand. You mean like "Colorblind Society." I don't see you as long as I don't have to give up anything. Same game. New name. Isn't it interesting that people who are actually color-blind to drive safely, and successfully? I think it is because they know where the "right" colors are supposed to be. And the wheel keeps turning. PEACE Jim Chester You are who you say you are. Your children are who you say you are.
Reply

Re: Is social security racist?

jazzdog ·
How is this racist? The system as designed works aganist anybody who doesn't live long enough to collect their benefits. To call the system racist implies that their is an effort to keep us from collecting which just isn't true. Yes there is a gap in the life expectancy between blacks and other races but I severly doubt if it is a plan to keep us from collecting social security. If anything I favor being allowed to invest some of my own money just for the fact that I think I can make my...
Reply

Re: Striking Out In California

EbonyRose ·
Three Strikes Law Disproportionately Affects Blacks New data released recently by the Justice Policy Institute reveals that California's Three Strikes law disproportionately locks up African Americans and Latinos compared to Whites. African Americans constitute 6.5 percent of California's state population, but nearly 30 percent of the the prison population and 44.7 percent of those sentenced to life under the Three Strikes law. According to this first-of-its-kind analysis of the racial and...
Reply

Re: Are Black men capable of loving Us?

ma'am ·
If I'm reading correctly, the yes to whether Black women are loveable is conditional based on whether Black women are worth the time for development. Black women need to take notes from other races because other races are doing a good job at pleasing you. I suppose this means that other women don't face the same "if" because the other women are bringing things to the table that Black women aren't. It's fine that you feel that way, but why claim to be a colorblind lover while holding these...
Reply

Re: Racial Segregation in Prison - NYTimes Editorial

ma'am ·
Of course the different gangs in each race should be considered and perhaps race should be too. Prescreening is best, but what do you do when that's not possible and you want to thwart violence? I'm for the racial segregation so long as it's proven to alleviate violence in the prisons. I don't want anyone dying because of his race just so that we can pat ourselves on the back for having a colorblind policy.
Reply

Re: Is Race Real?

Rowe ·
This is partly true. Let me warn you that I'm a Libra and Librians have the keen ability to see both sides of an issue without bias. Secondly, where have I ever stated in any of post that human differences were unimportant, or that they should be ignored or overlooked??? I've stated over and over again throughout my responses that the research of which I speak does not discount the importance of human diversification, but concencrates on HOW, HOW, HOW these human differences occured. It...
Reply

Re: Is Race Real?

Nmaginate ·
ROWE, no one here is quarreling over or even dwelling over the research but you. In fact, you have been the only one for the most part trying to make this discussion about "the research". Everyone else has addressed the topic in terms of the socio-political relevance of the research. ... We also need a smilie for STFU!!!
Reply

Re: Geraldine Ferraro: Former Vice Presidential Nominee's Racist Remarks.

HeruStar ·
The point, which you so gracefully dodge and dismiss, is that HISTORY has overwhelmingly shattered Geraldine's asinine logic. There is no truth in her statement, she knows this, I know this, the majority of the U.S. population knows this (feel free to connect with reality at anytime). Her tactic was nothing more than a divisive shock treatment in this campaign. To "shake things up". This is what you use to justify her sentiment. Ha! You are warped. You are being divisive. It has been...
Reply

Re: Julian Bond, former NAACP chairman, hopes activists of today learn civil rights history

Yemaya ·
It would be wonderful if Black people realized that there was non-violent face to the Civil Rights movement as well as a self-defense/armed side also. The way that the white media has spun as if there was some sort of opposing view between the two and that the non-violent philosophy is far superior. When in fact they worked hand in hand for what they felt would be black liberation and to get white people off our backs.
Reply

Re: Julian Bond, former NAACP chairman, hopes activists of today learn civil rights history

Dissident ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: It would be wonderful if Black people realized that there was non-violent face to the Civil Rights movement as well as a self-defense/armed side also. The way that the white media has spun as if there was some sort of opposing view between the two and that the non-violent philosophy is far superior. When in fact they worked hand in hand for what they felt would be black liberation and to get white people off our backs. Eloquently stated, Yemaya. Those in the...
Reply

Re: Julian Bond, former NAACP chairman, hopes activists of today learn civil rights history

sunnubian ·
Sign the Card Julian Bond, Rest in Power Sign the card to the Bond family to express your condolences. He was a revolutionary, a civil rights icon, a pioneer, a poet and a national treasure. Julian Bond, who was a founding member of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee and a chairman of the NAACP, passed away at his home in Florida on Saturday, August 15. His determination and commitment to justice is why we will hold fast to Julian Bond’s memory. His reach extends far beyond his...
Reply

Re: Julian Bond, former NAACP chairman, hopes activists of today learn civil rights history

sunnubian ·
TUE AUG 18, 2015 AT 01:00 PM PDT Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile by Black Kos 631 Comments / 631 New RIP Brother Bond Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver Velez It was difficult reading this announcement from Morris Dees, head of the Southern Poverty Law Center. We've lost a champion For those of us of a certain age, Julian Bond was always a part of our civil rights landscape of struggle. Tributes have poured in from many people around the globe who have been touched by his activism,...
Reply

Re: Can You Believe This? Shouldn't Even Be Surprising

Kocolicious ·
Nope! Not surprised. More like...expected. White folks have been suppporting themselves, even if one commits mass murder, since the days of the Mamuluks in Egypt. They have managed to keep this form of brotherhood for hundreds of years. Otherwise, who would give a murderer $150,000 to fight a case that accuses him of killing a child? Who would do that? Massa. But!
Reply

Re: Fake 911 Call Led Cops To Shoot Innocent College Student Dead

Yemaya ·
There should be first a criminal suit and then a civil suit against Carrillo as well as the police department.
Reply

Re: Fake 911 Call Led Cops To Shoot Innocent College Student Dead

EbonyRose ·
There also needs to be a revision of the whole "shoot to kill" mentality of police officers .... seeing as how they are supposed to be professionals and firearm "experts." Seems to me if they are all that "highly trained", they should be able to be taught how to "shoot to disable/disarm/wound" people/suspects who don't have or visibly show a weapon. But, for them, MURDER seems like it is their ONLY line of defense. I'm not sure what the maximum punishment could be for doing what this Carillo...
Reply

Re: Fake 911 Call Led Cops To Shoot Innocent College Student Dead

Yemaya ·
What do you mean he merely lied? Well his lie got the young man killed. And it was most likely his intent to get them killed or at least hurt because he told the police that they had guns.
Reply

Re: Fake 911 Call Led Cops To Shoot Innocent College Student Dead

sunnubian ·
Sound more like "conspiracy" to me. That is exactly what would have been tacked onto all the other charges if the caller had be Black.
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Momentum ·
I saw that on the Young Turks this morning....wow. I can't wrap my head around it. You know damn well that law will not apply to Black people but what is so crazy, if Zimmerman had killed Travon Martin with this law in place and the prosecution could not prove without doubt it was not self defense, they would have to pay Zimmerman $200,000 bucks. Now because of this law, prosecutors will not take killers to trial unless of course they are Black.
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Momentum: I saw that on the Young Turks this morning....wow. I can't wrap my head around it. You know damn well that law will not apply to Black people but what is so crazy, if Zimmerman had killed Travon Martin with this law in place and the prosecution could not prove without doubt it was not self defense, they would have to pay Zimmerman $200,000 bucks. Now because of this law, prosecutors will not take killers to trial unless of course they are Black. That monetary...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Norland ·
black people are armed, the problem is, when they shoot, they miss the intended and hit 20 people in the process, never hitting the intended one. They have to work on their AIM. While they're aiming, YT will be sending heaps to the Undertaker. That's their AIM and they don't miss. They'd really like to send us all 6 feet under. 44 million of us 200 plus million of them. There won't be a race war, there will be an Annihilation and it won't be them. This IS America, Black people; don't get it...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Norland: black people are armed, the problem is, when they shoot, they miss the intended and hit 20 people in the process, never hitting the intended one. They have to work on their AIM. While they're aiming, YT will be sending heaps to the Undertaker. That's their AIM and they don't miss. They'd really like to send us all 6 feet under. 44 million of us 200 plus mission of them. There won't be a race war, there will be an annihilation and it won't be them. This IS...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Momentum ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Originally Posted by Momentum: I saw that on the Young Turks this morning....wow. I can't wrap my head around it. You know damn well that law will not apply to Black people but what is so crazy, if Zimmerman had killed Travon Martin with this law in place and the prosecution could not prove without doubt it was not self defense, they would have to pay Zimmerman $200,000 bucks. Now because of this law, prosecutors will not take killers to trial unless of course...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Michael L ·
Originally Posted by Norland: black people are armed, the problem is, when they shoot, they miss the intended and hit 20 people in the process, never hitting the intended one. They have to work on their AIM. While they're aiming, YT will be sending heaps to the Undertaker. That's their AIM and they don't miss. They'd really like to send us all 6 feet under. 44 million of us 200 plus million of them. There won't be a race war, there will be an Annihilation and it won't be them. This IS...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Norland ·
Bottom line: White people have Ph.D.'s and Doctorates in killing; they've had much more practice than anyone else on the planet. They came here SLAUGHTERING. Blacks are new to the game. There are MURDERERS and there are murderers. There's VICIOUS and there's vicious. There are HATERS and no one surpasses them at THAT activity. There's a VAST differences and we ain't the Bees Knees with these Caucasus Cave folks. There's no COMPARISON.
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

sunnubian ·
There has NOT been more Black people shot or murdered by other Black people in this country. Even with so-called, "Black-on-Black" crime, racist cops are still shooting Black people at a rate of 1 every 8 hours . The idea that more Black people are being shot and killed by other Black people than by racist cops is grossly falsified misinformation churned out by America's Racist Propaganda Machine , which [evidently] convinces even Black people that more Black people are shot and murdered by...
Reply

Re: Florida turns their 'Stand Your Ground Law' into the Get Away with Murder Act

Michael L ·
In some jurisdictions, Black on Black criminal activity has been so bad that instead of condemning the actions of Police, citizens, namely Black people who still reside in South Los Angeles, Compton, Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, etc., etc., or other high crime areas, are begging for more police, and faster police response, and accelerated criminal investigation by the Police detectives to solve past and present murder cases, and/or other serious criminal cases to which, the dead,...
Reply

Re: Trayvon Martin: The Latest News, Week 43

EbonyRose ·
George Zimmerman's Next Court Date Is on Trayvon Martin's 18th Birthday <cite class="byline vcard" id="yui_3_5_1_19_1357263673762_266">By Connor Simpson | The Atlantic Wire – <abbr id="yui_3_5_1_19_1357263673762_265" title="2013-01-03T21:53:16Z">3 hrs ago</abbr></cite> The next court hearing for Geore Zimmerman was supposed to be next week, on January 8, but the judge in charge of the case decided that the hearing wasn't necessary, so she rescheduled Zimmerman 's next...
Reply

Re: Trayvon Martin: The Latest News, Week 43

Yemaya ·
This is a circus of a case!!
Reply

Re: Trayvon Martin: The Latest News, Week 43

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: This is a circus of a case!! They are trying to turn it into a circus, so that people will dismiss it out of their minds. They are already half-way there, since they have diligently made sure that much time would pass before this murderer ever has to be tried in the first place. Do you know any Black person that has been charged with (murder) i.e,/manslaughter, and their trial winds up being a year or years away in a little piss ass town in; not Miami, or some...
Reply

Re: Trayvon Martin: The Latest News, Week 43

EbonyRose ·
Yep, that's my fear, too, Sunnubian!! I don't want the severity of how this White/Hispanic man murdered a young, innocent, unarmed Black teenager in cold blood to be diminished by the time this thing goes to trial. Nor how he's been trying since Day 1 to milk this thing for sympathy ('cause ain't nobody tryin' to kill' his ass ... i.e., this ridiculous "fearing for his life" BS and supposedly needing 'security' that he can't/won't pay for ... while lying about/hiding hundreds of thousands of...
Reply

Re: Zimmerman Defense Tries To Smear Trayvon Martin Before Murder Trial (PHOTOS)

Kocolicious ·
It's not entirely clear how well these photographs will stand up in court, but do you believe that these pictures paint a picture of a "thuggish" teenager, or just a regular teen boy? In this day and age? With videos, music, movies, etc jamming all kinds of violence down teens' throats.....those pictures paint a TYPICAL teenage boy...not just in this country but worldwide. But!
Reply

Re: Zimmerman Defense Tries To Smear Trayvon Martin Before Murder Trial (PHOTOS)

Yemaya ·
Of course they are going for character assassination. Why? Because Zimmerman did it and most of their 'evidence' has nothing to do with the actual crime of murder. Trust and believe George Zimmerman had no knowledge of Trayvon Martin before he followed him. George Zimmerman needs to be character assassinated. I'd like to note something else, recall how quick the major news networks were getting people on to come to his defense, even his bought and paid Negroe friend Joe who sold his soul to...
Reply

Re: Zimmerman Defense Tries To Smear Trayvon Martin Before Murder Trial (PHOTOS)

RadioRaheem ·
They have no case and thus they know this is the only card they have left in their hand. This evidence likely will not be allowed into court, but the potential jurors will have this in their mind for next month. Rest in Peace Trayvon Martin
Reply

Re: George Zimmerman’s Attorneys: Trayvon Martin is a “Ghetto” Black Male Thug Who Deserved to Die

RadioRaheem ·
I'm glad the judge ruled the way that she did. Trayvon is not on trial in June. He can't defend his image or pics/texts that got released in the media. I can't wait for justice to be served....or if not, i hope the "Just in US" raise up in response
Reply

Re: ‘Race War’ At Fox News

EarthAndSky ·
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...408112.html?ir=Crime
Reply

Re: ‘Race War’ At Fox News

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by EarthAndSky: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...408112.html?ir=Crime Socially Conditioning and Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Propaganda . If they show it enough times, people will begin to believe it. If they only show Black people doing it, non-Black people will begin to believe that is what Black people do and/or that only Black people do this. If they only show or only primarily show Black people doing this , it will work as Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Psychology on young,...
Reply

Re: What do you think? "Kordale And Kaleb, Gay Black Fathers, Respond To Twitter Outrage Over Instagram Photos"

Cholly ·
These Instagram photos by gay Black fathers Koedale and Kaleb are in response and follows this original photo that went viral and this article: I Have A Dream That People Will View a Picture Like This and Not Think It's a Big Deal Although the photos of the two gay fathers and their children is a positive image, it's not "authentic" as a surprise on Instagram and other places because it seemed to be a planned act that clearly followed this authentic original photo of a father and his two...
Reply

Re: ‘Race War’ At Fox News

EarthAndSky ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Originally Posted by EarthAndSky: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...408112.html?ir=Crime Socially Conditioning and Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Propaganda . If they show it enough times, people will begin to believe it. If they only show Black people doing it, non-Black people will begin to believe that is what Black people do and/or that only Black people do this. If they only show or only primarily show Black people doing this , it will work as Self-Fulfilling...
Reply

Re: George Zimmerman Gets All Female, All White Jury

Norland ·
If this Zimmerman dude goes free he'll have not one ounce of peace for as long as his murderous behind lives.
Reply

Re: 13 Crucial Statements Testified By The Girl Who Last Spoke To Trayvon (LIST)

RadioRaheem ·
Thanks for posting...I was busy at work and only was able to catch the two women that spoke prior to her. Both of the previous women, neighbors, contradicted Zimmerman's story. One woman heard an adult yelling loud and a soft voiced boy talking back. The other neighbor said she saw Zimmerman on top of Trayvon during the fight.
Reply

Re: 13 Crucial Statements Testified By The Girl Who Last Spoke To Trayvon (LIST)

sunnubian ·
There is a lot of internet 'banter' going around about how this girl is an "embarrassing" witness or is "hard to understand", but I'm not seeing that:
Reply

Re: 13 Crucial Statements Testified By The Girl Who Last Spoke To Trayvon (LIST)

RadioRaheem ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: There is a lot of internet 'banter' going around about how this girl is an "embarrassing" witness or is "hard to understand", but I'm not seeing that: Her story line still fits with about 4 other ear witnesses. She might not be the best person to put on the witness stand, but phone records still prove that she was on the phone up to the moment of Zimmerman's approach. She also contradicts GZ story to the police and in court
Reply

Re: Florida lawmakers agree to hearings on 'Stand Your Ground' law

RadioRaheem ·
I'm boycotting that state no matter how that decide on this issue.
Reply

Re: Florida lawmakers agree to hearings on 'Stand Your Ground' law

Yemaya ·
What is a hearing to do? OK are they going to repeal the law? If they don't, will the law be applied fairly or as a tool to incarcerate more African-Americans unjustly? That is the problem with most laws, they are applied unevenly and unjustly to the detriment of African-Americans.
×
×
×
×