Skip to main content

Tagged With "Convict Leasing"

Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

DennisKalita ·
She didn't get that this extreme election was not the usual BS. She helped Trump win by everywhere saying Clinton did not deserve our vote. Now she got it. …. talking to myself here….best thing I can do now is keep focused on positive and constructive projects.
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

sunnubian ·
I noticed that a lot of famous, etc., Black people where going around saying no one should vote for Clinton, or like Dave Chappell, when asked if he was going to vote, saying sh!t like, "What the hell for?" I didn't like her "super predator" reference either [though what was disseminated did not show all of it, where she was literally repeating what she had been told by someone else], but even if she said it outright and/or it was a term, phrase that she made up herself or she was expressing...
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

Kocolicious ·
There really isn't any mystery as to how to eradicate this approaching horror...we've already been through it. It's documented. All you have to do is follow the leadership of black women and men who made it had before. The only exceptional thing is that we are MORE powerful now than we were back then....we didn't have citizenship or the right to vote. Yes it is happening but it still can be STOPPED....as you say Brotha DK by being focused on constructive projective that instill real...
Reply

Re: Texas Man Released After Three Decades

EbonyRose ·
I am BEYOND ecstatic that Mr. Wyatt is finally a free man!! But ... unless and until the trial prosecutors are indicted and jailed for the crime(s) they committed against him ... justice will NOT be served for Mr. Wyatt!!! Hopefully they have - or will - suffer just as much as he has.
Reply

Re: Texas Man Released After Three Decades

sunnubian ·
I feel the same way ER, but, " immunity . . . offers prosecutors protection from lawsuits except when they have violated a clearly-established constitutional right", so you know what that means, in nearly all cases prosecutors can hide behind immunity protection no matter what they have done, and even in where a person's constitutional rights have been violated, the case would be relegated to "Civil Court" and not prosecuted in "Criminal Court".
Reply

Re: Justice Dept., FBI to review use of forensic evidence in thousands of cases

Yemaya ·
Didn't the FBI close down their Civil Rights Crimes unit? Ah huh? I really hope that Eric Holder would have enough sense to re-open this unit and arrest these criminals.
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
I have a question How come there is NO demonstrations in OUR community to STOP black on black crime? Why are leaders like Sharpton and Jackson soooooooo bold with po po but scared to face JEROME? I grow tired of these men picking and choosing what they will protest while our children continue to commit self-genocide. And this topic is not different or irrelevant to the above article. I'm just TIRED of seeing these men march for what it appears to me publicity purposes only, Which causes me...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
But, Sharpton has marched against Black on Black crime, plenty of times. And there are people protesting, marching, and having candlelight vigils in Black communities across this nation, but, they do not get any press, at least any beyond the local new station. Of course there is not enough and many often do not have a turn-out of thousands of people. Sharpton is getting old and he's been sick, and I'm sure that he now has to pick his battles. So, my disappointment lies within the countless...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
I hear ya my sista. And I agree with you that there are not enough protesting....but! Sharpton is NOT that old. He is still breathing. As a matter of fact he is a young man compared to elderly folks who risked their lives during the civil rights movement to make a change. You are probably right my sista there isn't adequate press coverage...but! Sharpton, Jackson and others KNOW folks. They have been around long enough to have a list of folks with influence, money and power. To me it seems...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
"Stop and Frisk": It is unconstitutional, period. It is a violation of a person's Civil Rights. It is Racial Profiling. It is Police Intimidation. It is Abuse of Authority. It is Abuse of Power. It is Abuse of Process. It is jim-crow Tactics. It is Molestation. It is a form of Rape.
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Xeon ·
“I have a question...How come there is NO demonstrations in OUR community to STOP black on black crime? Why are leaders like Sharpton and Jackson soooooooo bold with po po but scared to face JEROME? I grow tired of these men picking and choosing what they will protest while our children continue to commit self-genocide.” Excellent question! I have yet to her an intelligent response or answer to this particular type of question. Negroes rant and rave about the killing of a black person by a...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
Why is it that Black people, particularly African Americans, are the only people in America or the world for that matter, that are expected to allow any and every damn racist abuse from a society just because there are also some Black people that are violent or commit crimes or even murder against other Black people? Does anyone think that Native Americans should never complain or protest or rally against any racism or racist abuse or police brutality just because there are also Native...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
Sista Sunnubian wrote: Does anyone think that Native Americans should never complain or protest or rally against any racism or racist abuse or police brutality just because there are also Native Americans that commit violence against other Native Americans? No of course not. Should the Japanese Americans have turned down the reparations monies they received because some Japanese Americans commit violence against other Japanese Americans or because some belong to Asian gangs older than this...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Sista Sunnubian wrote: Does anyone think that Native Americans should never complain or protest or rally against any racism or racist abuse or police brutality just because there are also Native Americans that commit violence against other Native Americans? No of course not. Should the Japanese Americans have turned down the reparations monies they received because some Japanese Americans commit violence against other Japanese Americans or because some...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
You're exactly right my sista. I think we are saying the same thing but expressing it a tad differently. I guess what I am attempting to say is the thing about being fully human beings from these groups is that they could directly point at who they are in terms of being able to say with clarity "this is where I derived from." They were able to do that by bringing their culture and customs with them regardless of what massa said about them. They had that proof when they cooked their meals and...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
" And it was on record in America as law that we as black people were not considered fully humans." ______________________________________________________________________ This is something that people continue to say that is not really true. The "3/5 Compromise" is where slave holding states were granted the right to count 3/5 of their slave population when apportioning the number of a state's representatives in Congress. It never mentioned anything about the humanity of Black people/the...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

kresge1 ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: " And it was on record in America as law that we as black people were not considered fully humans." ______________________________________________________________________ This is something that people continue to say that is not really true. The "3/5 Compromise" is where slave holding states were granted the right to count 3/5 of their slave population when apportioning the number of a state's representatives in Congress. It never mentioned anything about the...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
Well...I'm not referring to the taxes in the 3/5 Compromise. In fact, I never mentioned this. Sorry ...I should have been more clearer. I am specifically referring to the slave codes which were laws that estabished the status of slaves, denying them basic rights and classying them as the property i.e. chattel [not human] belonging to slaveowners. And socially, the term 3/5 human in regards to slavery became a staple in the language for slavery in America...also the one-drop rule was too a...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Yemaya ·
All that history and stuff aside, what can we do to stop police harrassment in NYC. The major problem that I see with NYC is that they are very closely affiliated with federal law enforcement agencies such as the FBI and CIA and I suspect that they get hefty funding from the feds. I feel that because of this they get carte blanche to harass black people period.
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: All that history and stuff aside, what can we do to stop police harrassment in NYC. The major problem that I see with NYC is that they are very closely affiliated with federal law enforcement agencies such as the FBI and CIA and I suspect that they get hefty funding from the feds. I feel that because of this they get carte blanche to harass black people period. Black people in New York, and the rest of America are going to have to work hard at changing laws that...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

Kocolicious ·
Take back our community. Get to know your neighbors. Teach our children to respect and honor each other. Display dignity and intergity among black adults tightly. Keep our neigbhorhood CLEAN and clear of clutter [I'm sure there are a lot of blackfolks unemployed and can use their free time to volunteer to improve the environment in which they live in(make war against the vermin and roach infestations that threatens our health]. Have and show PRIDE in who you are where you are. Have town...
Reply

Re: Black Males Still Need A "Plantation Pass" To Be In New York City

RadioRaheem ·
One of the problems with racist police activities like stop and frisk is that these tactics exclude people like this ... http://www.reuters.com/article...dUSBRE87N0M220120824 the residents of NYC should march on to the police headquarters and demand that white males be included in the Stop and Frisk policy...this could prevent the next white wacko from doing things like this.
Reply

Re: Black August: Beyond 34 Years of Resistance

DennisKalita ·
And in 2005, Arnold Schwarzenegger executed Stanley “Tookie” Williams at San Quentin. The ex-Governor of California, a proud Republican, incidentally also the son of a Nazi, said he would not commute the death sentence to life imprisonment, citing that Williams dedicated his 1998 book "Life in Prison" to, among others, George Jackson! For Schwarzenegger the executor, this meant “that Williams is not reformed and that he still sees violence and lawlessness as a legitimate means to address...
Reply

Re: Black August: Beyond 34 Years of Resistance

sunnubian ·
In the past I posted information on this board about "Tookie" Williams. Of course, his plea was not that well received by many on this board who have been witnesses to the destruction gang violence and gang killings. I think his path of destruction over shadowed his redemption in the minds of so many of us who [naturally] are sick and disgusted with what gang violence and drug dealing has did to African America and the Black image in America. I, myself was rooting for him, because I believe...
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

Kocolicious ·
Now that's RIDICULOUS!!!!! I know a couple who are professors that used identity fraud on people they worked with. And when caught and convicted they ONLY got 4 years. And went back to work in another field and is now making 6 figures. And this kid can't get a second chance? It is a conspiracy against us. I am finally convinced. But!
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

Norland ·
If we treated THEM the way they treat US there would be NO United States of America!!!!!
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

Fabulous ·
This is without a doubt totally absurd! & overt racism.
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

GoodMan ·
She shot at her husband and his children. She also wasn't supposed to be at his house because she had an injunction against him for allegedly being abusive.Then after her shooting incident with him and getting out on bail, she went to his house and attacked him. She shouldn't be put away for life, but she should get an appropriate sentence, with time served. She should've just took the three years she was offered because she was a woman and he was an alleged abuser. Not celebrated or have...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
@Goodman I don't know about the summary in the youtube link you posted but after reading several articles on the case, I didn't find any of the allegations you mentioned in your post (claims that she was a convicted domestic abuser, on probation at the time of the shooting & specifically shot at the children). I'm curious…. is your information found ONLY in the youtube link? Marissa Alexander Gets 20 Years For Firing Warning Shot (VIDEO) Marissa Alexander TAMPA, Fla. -- Marissa Alexander...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

GoodMan ·
@Fabolous Anytime a sensationalized court case happens, you must go to the original article local article that tells what happened. (And surprisingly I can't find it at all.) All the reporting after the court case is just regurgitated crap that makes the court case sound juicier than it actually is and they even don't tell you what happened. The major narrowly opinionated sources get ahead of to the story, you have the American liberals with Huffington Post and MSNBC and New York Times and...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Norland ·
In Florida one has to shoot a Black man into the ground in order to stand FREE on the ground, unless one is Black too. Then it's a completely different story. Bottom line, they'll lock up all 43 million of us if we don't wake up and pay damn ATTENTION!!!!! Africans locked in cages provide billions of dollars for Whitey just like the Slave Trade did. They get all the luxuries of life via our Black behinds; we get their non-stop hatred; 500 years and counting. Black women REMOVE those dog-hair...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

sunnubian ·
No one said Zimmerman used the Stand Your Ground law. We have discussed this fact in much earlier post than this one. We know that Zimmerman had to change his mind about using the Stand Your Ground defense once the very people responsible for writing the law in the first place made public statements that what Zimmerman did does not fall under the Stand Your Ground defense. George Zimmerman is a dirty, grimy, coward-ass Child-Killer that got away with murder. Marissa Alexander Marissa...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

RadioRaheem ·
Zimmerman's defense did not need to use stand your ground...it was read to the jury in the final jury instructions.
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: @Fab o lous ************* Actually, my screen name (Fab u lous) is easy enough to spell and when it's spelled incorrectly, it is usually on purpose.
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: When the American liberals used Jessie Jackson to bring attention to this case and when major news outlets refused to acknowledge that George Zimmerman never invoked a Stand Your Ground defense, it is obvious that the liberals want this law to go away and will do anything to make it go away, essentially exploiting African Americans like they normally do as the national symbol of human suffering for their own gain. *snip* Actually, it was the parents of Trayvon...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
http://civic.mit.edu/blog/mste...id-sustain-the-story *snip* Initial Coverage was Local Travyon Martin was shot on February 26th. Zimmerman had confessed to the shooting and turned himself in, but was not charged or even arrested by the Sanford Police Department. The story was covered the next day like most crime stories, by a local television news channel. Fox 35 Orlando's news program reaches in the ballpark of 20,000 viewers . On February 29th, the Orlando Sentinel reached another...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: >>>>The mainstream and narrowly opinionated media tells half-truths.<<< half-truths is a common theme even in this instance >>>Here are the actual court documents ( unfortunately it is on scribed and scribed seems to only give a preview or something .)<<<<< Then I can't do anything with it, now can I? The opinion http://opinions.1dca.org/writt...-26-2013/12-2469.pdf The dismal of the Stand Your Ground Defense...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

RadioRaheem ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: She shot at her husband and his children. She also wasn't supposed to be at his house because she had an injunction against him for allegedly being abusive.Then after her shooting incident with him and getting out on bail, she went to his house and attacked him. She shouldn't be put away for life, but she should get an appropriate sentence, with time served. She should've just took the three years she was offered because she was a woman and he was an alleged...
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

sunnubian ·
CHANGE.ORG PETITION: PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION: Petitioning Mayor James H. Dennis, Release Jerahn Tucker - age17, first offense,1 credit card, facing 35 years in prison. Petition by monique santiago virginia beach, VA Jerahn Tucker who is 17 years old was arrested for credit card theft. He is facing 35 years for the use of one credit card in which he purchased a soda. YES ONE SODA! Jerahn was held without bail in Douglas County Jail in Georgia for two months. After several bail request...
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

nuggyt ·
Uuuuuuummm he's already out. https://twitter.com/Im_Life https://www.facebook.com/jerahn.tucker
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

nuggyt ·
People love to get all worked up for no reason
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

sunnubian ·
CHANGE.ORG PETITION: PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION: Petitioning Mayor James H. Dennis, Release Jerahn Tucker - age17, first offense,1 credit card, facing 35 years in prison. Petition by monique santiago virginia beach, VA Jerahn Tucker who is 17 years old was arrested for credit card theft. He is facing 35 years for the use of one credit card in which he purchased a soda . YES ONE SODA! Jerahn was held without bail in Douglas County Jail in Georgia for two months . After several bail request...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

RadioRaheem ·
http://www.news4jax.com/news/s...r-lawmakers/25044004
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

EarthAndSky ·
Hmm, I'm starting to think one of Gary Lloyd's buddies has invaded the house.
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

GoodMan ·
Originally Posted by Fabulous: I guess if people want the real truth, they should check with the goodman. You still didn't refute anything I said. Actually nobody here refuted anything I typed and nobody can't. You posted a Huffington Post article that said nothing, I posted court documents released by Marrissa Alexander's ex-Husband in partial. That you could've read the disposition, stand your ground dismal and many other things. I even had the opinion that you could've read. Then I even...
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

EarthAndSky ·
This is really, really sad. He looks like he is only 12 years old. I fear what will happen to him when he is placed in adult prison. According to the person who posted the video, he was arrested again (on March 18th). 35 years for credit card fraud is a Draconian punishment. Three years would have been reasonable but it was also his first offense, so that should have been factored in. Meanwhile, not too long ago, Greedy Wall Street and Greedy-Banks-Too-Big-To-Fail engaged in bad investment...
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

EarthAndSky ·
Forgot to mention, if you are a white teen, who has wealthy parents, you can drive drunk, run down several people, killing four of them, and then claim affluenza as your defense. No time in jail for you, just 10 years probation and rehab; even though, you had a prior arrest record.
Reply

Re: 17 year old boy could serve 35 years for Credit card fraud.

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by EarthAndSky: Forgot to mention, if you are a white teen, who has wealthy parents, you can drive drunk, run down several people, killing four of them, and then claim affluenza as your defense. No time in jail for you, just 10 years probation and rehab; even though, you had a prior arrest record. Everything you just said here and above. But, there is something even more sinister going on here. They are using the police, the courts, Cruel and Unusual Punishment sentencing,...
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

Fabulous ·
@goodman For me, it's difficult to take you seriously when you started your first post response (to me) by literately changing the "u" in my screen name to an "o" … for what purpose I don't know … except…maybe… to be an a$$hole. It's such a little thing but how much more would you distort the truth when it came to the bigger picture? You've established a propensity to change the truth to what YOU want it to be, as far as I'm concerned. Nah, I'll pass on your links & your nasty haterade.
Reply

Re: Free Marissa Alexander. Stop Angela Corey.

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Fabulous: @goodman For me, it's difficult to take you seriously when you started your first post response (to me) by literately changing the "u" in my screen name to an "o" … for what purpose I don't know … except…maybe… to be an a$$hole. It's such a little thing but how much more would you distort the truth when it came to the bigger picture? You've established a propensity to change the truth to what YOU want it to be, as far as I'm concerned. Nah, I'll pass on your...
 
×
×
×
×