Tagged With "Predominately Black African Mauritania"

Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: This isn't a matter of "justification" any more that Post Tramutic Slave Disorder is "excuse making". The issue is the discussion of history and the historical record and not a revised history that with the agenda of making Islam "anti African". Beyond that, I'll ask the same question I've asked in other threads. How do you define an "Arab"? Who and what are "Arab"? The question isn't if African Islamic can be discussed. It is, and has been for some...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
But that still does not justify the fact that Arabs have never stopped enslaving Black Africans or the fact that slavery is still legal in places like Mauritania and other northern African countries that have been invaded and taken over by Arabs. It is far too obvious that some Black Africans are conditioned to invade, murder and sell into slavery, other Africans(Blacks) under the guise of acceptance , [i.e., 'tolerance' ] into the Islamic faith, where in reality, they are merely being used...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: But that still does not justify the fact that Arabs have never stopped enslaving Black Africans or the fact that slavery is still legal in places like Mauritania and other northern African countries that have been invaded and taken over by Arabs. It is far too obvious that some Black Africans are conditioned to invade, murder and sell into slavery, other Africans(Blacks) under the guise of acceptance , [i.e., 'tolerance' ] into the Islamic faith, where in...
Topic

Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery March 25, 2013 | Filed under: Africa , Featured | Posted by: Editorial_Staff Slavery is part of Arab culture and should be confronted and defeated AFRICANGLOBE – In this 21st century of ours, there is still a country where African men, women and children are “constitutionally” inferior and can be led to the slaughter, like sheep without the slightest remorse or legal recourse. Shockingly, that country is in Africa . That country is also a Muslim...
Topic

Who Is Getting Paid For The Plunder Of Detroit?

sunnubian ·
Who Is Getting Paid For The Plunder Of Detroit? December 30, 2013 | Filed under: Featured , Headlines | Posted by: Editorial_Staff AFRICANGLOBE – Nothing reveals more openly the criminal looting of Detroit by the wealthy elite than the hundred million dollars being paid out to well-connected law firms, accountants and consultancy businesses, which prepared the city’s bankruptcy. The fee bonanza has been underway as least since early 2012 and accelerated immediately after Michigan Governor...
Topic

Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

sunnubian ·
Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities By DAVID GARDNER Last updated at 6:25 PM on 26th September 2010 These are the maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities. Using information from the latest U.S. census results, the maps show the extent to which America has blended together the races in the nation’s 40 largest cities. With one dot equalling 25 people, digital cartographer Eric Fischer then colour-coded them based on race, with...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: And this is why there's a huge problem with discussing this. Despite posting material that deals DIRECTLY with the subject in as much detail as you can hope to have, there persist the idea that "Black Muslims just dont wanna deal with it". To be blunt....its pure Bullshit. There's no excuse making for any part of wrong doing in the name of Islam any more than there is on the part of any other African culture. Bottom line is, if where going to discuss it,...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
And this is why there's a huge problem with discussing this. Despite posting material that deals DIRECTLY with the subject in as much detail as you can hope to have, there persist the idea that "Black Muslims just dont wanna deal with it". To be blunt....its pure Bullshit. There's no excuse making for any part of wrong doing in the name of Islam any more than there is on the part of any other African culture. Bottom line is, if where going to discuss it, you cant just make stuff up that has...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: What is it that you think I have made up? There is nothing in my post that I 'made up', although one part of it is my opinion, and I stated that much. But the issue at hand is the fact that African/Black people are being singled out to be enslaved in Arab controlled countries, as they have been for centuries now, and there is nothing about that system of enslavement that shows or points to it not being a racially caste system any less than system of slavery...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
Well...folks need to read "The Destruction of Black Civilizations" by Chancellor Williams to get a little glimpse of what the Arabs did to Africans and their mentality on how the veiw "people" in general. But as long as blackfolks STAY loyal to the FIRST massa[Arabs}, there can NEVER be a discussion. As long as the patriarchal "gaze" in terms of our history with them and Europeans stay focused on pretending SLAVERY NEVER "initially" happened with the Arabs.....well it doesn't take a genius...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
First I brought Williams in the fold for the purpose of "documented history" of what happened to Africans." I never mentioned race-that's not what I was going for. Let be clear there are a lot of things in his book I take issue with-but he's breaks it down in terms of what happened to blacks and how their civilizations was destroyed very clear. Secondly....if Arabs in fact considered themselves "Black" or "African" well that's news to me in terms of the single-handed participation in slavery...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
Via Jeddah Mind Trick: Burnt Skin (A post on racism overseas) 0 Bougie Black Girl April 30, 2012 Colorism , Race BBG – Angelica is an African American woman from Detroit (the “D&rdquo but an Arizona exile who writes about her experiences of living in Saudi Arabia. Angelica describes herself as a Mama, Wife, Activist, Educator, and Artist. I will include a wonderful person. This was originally posted at JeddahMindTrick.com . Please enjoy her piece on racism in Saudi Arabia. Burnt Skin by...
Topic

Asean Johnson, 9-Year-Old Boy, Captivates Crowds At Chicago School Closings Protest

sunnubian ·
Asean Johnson, 9-Year-Old Boy, Captivates Crowds At Chicago School Closings Protest (VIDEO) Huffington Post | By Rebecca Klein Posted: 05/22/2013 12:04 pm EDT | Updated: 05/22/2013 1:09 pm EDT reddit stumble 997 77 66 171 Get Chicago Alerts: <input class="share_boxes_input_edit" id="subscribe_user_email" type="text" value="Enter email" /> Sign Up Follow: Video , Chicago Public Schools , Chicago School Closings , Chicago School Closures , Chicago Schools , Asean Johnson , Asean Johnson...
Topic

Activists push for juvenile justice system reforms

sunnubian ·
Activists push for juvenile justice system reforms by Molly Knefel January 6, 2014 5:00AM ET Critics argue detention centers wrongly focus on punishment rather than rehabilitation for young people <dl class="standard-topics topics visible-desktop"><dt>Topics:</dt><dt> </dt><dd> Crime </dd><dt> </dt><dd> U.S. </dd><dt> </dt><dd> Prison </dd></dl> Inmates at the Caddo Juvenile Detention Center in...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Also Dr. Clarke discussed this at length back in the late 1980's early 1990s. Dr. Clarke's material is important to this discussion, but we cannot treat his material as if it is above the same scrutiny as others or as if his findings are not subject to "mistakes". There is lengthy analysis concerning the ethnography of Arabs that is all but ignored while using Dr. Clarke's material to justify not actually engaging the data or subject he covered. I cannot say what...
Reply

Re: Criminalizing Mental Illness

RadioRaheem ·
they will continue this because they need the numbers for the Prison Industrial Complex. They just found a way to make Black people valuable again. Poor people can't claim 'Affluenzia' as an excuse. After Jim Crow has been modernized to "Juan Crow", Black people became an outdated labor force, unless we are jailed and can provide cheap prison labor, which is being marketed to companies considering outsourcing to other countries.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
The discussion will be hard cuz you have black muslims that reject the idea that their Arabic brothers enslaved them. It is a form of mygnostic brotherhood. And until we can point the finger DIRECTLY in the faces of the Arabs and 'say you started this and you should end this....now," there will be no conversations. Cuz even TODAY Arabs think they are BETTER than Africans. Which is a joke cuz many upon many Arabs have black blood running through their veins this very day. So I personally is...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Our brother Chancellor Williams incorrectly identified Arabs as "white". This has been demonstrated time and again. I encourage view the entire lecture, however the 34:00 mark centers on the central claim. Islam and Africa: A Critical Analysis of Dr Chancellor Williams' 'The Destruction of Black Civilization' ( Howard University, Washington DC, on February 13, 2010. )
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: That's YOUR opinion....my brotha. And what it is NOT is fact or truth. So you keep YOUR opinion and I will definitely hold on to the TRUTH. And when you're ready to acknowledge it.....it will be RIGHT here waiting for ya. Cuz unlike opinions TRUTH never changes. But! You're making my point. You invoked the name of Chancellor Williams when you thought it supported your position. Once its pointed out that it doesn't, and that our brother was mistaken in is...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
Thank you my sista for posting this. I saw a documentary on Filipino workers who go aboard to work in Saudi Arabia...sometimes finding it difficult to return in their homeland. Many times the women especially are expected to have sexual intercourse with the male members in the families and a lotta of the filipino women have had to escape and go underground in an effort to go back to their homeland. And I'm not gonna say what occurs with the Filipino men who go there for work. But this is one...
Topic

Chicago to Shutter 50 Public Schools: Is Historic Mass Closure an Experiment in Privatization?

sunnubian ·
Chicago to Shutter 50 Public Schools: Is Historic Mass Closure an Experiment in Privatization? 'They are conducting a very massive ... irreversible experiment here on other people’s children.' <cite>Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com/Vlue</cite> May 28, 2013 | Like this article? Join our email list: Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email. <form action="/newsletter/subscribe" method="get"> <input class="searcha" id="newsletter-subscribe-block-edit-email"...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Now can we have the open and honest discussion about how Islam was used by Arabs like Christianity was used by Europeans to enslave Africans?? Not with a frame that has been shown over and over to be false. *lets keep it 100, there are people who only pretend to give a sh*t about this topic because they want to argue that Islam is just another product of white people that should be treated just like Christianity. The moment its shown that there are very REAL...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Originally Posted by Yemaya: Now can we have the open and honest discussion about how Islam was used by Arabs like Christianity was used by Europeans to enslave Africans?? Not with a frame that has been shown over and over to be false. *lets keep it 100, there are people who only pretend to give a sh*t about this topic because they want to argue that Islam is just another product of white people that should be treated just like Christianity. The moment...
Topic

President Pushes to Give Offenders a Second Chance as States Lead The Way in Prison Reform

sunnubian ·
President Pushes to Give Offenders a Second Chance as States Lead The Way in Prison Reform July 1, 2014 | Posted by Taylor Gordon Tagged With: Champions of Change , Eric Holder , jobs for ex-cons , President Barack Obama , prison reform Throughout the last year, President Obama has been adamant about rolling out new policies to assist in prison reform and reducing the high rates of recidivism. On Monday, the president set aside a day to honor ex-convicts who have made a successful re-entry...
Topic

Atlanta Public Schools Administrator Acquitted in 1st Trial of Test Cheating Scandal

sunnubian ·
Atlanta Public Schools Administrator Acquitted in 1st Trial of Test Cheating Scandal September 6, 2013 | Posted by Nick Chiles Tagged With: atlanta cheating scandal , cotman not guilty , superintendent beverly hall , tamara cotman , test cheating 4 0 0 Google + 0 4 Atlanta Public Schools’ cheating scandal, which has been called the worst in the nation’s history, has hung over the city like a storm cloud for several years. But today, after prosecutors finally brought one of the educators to...
Topic

Criminalizing Mental Illness

sunnubian ·
US jails struggle with role as makeshift asylums <cite class="byline vcard top-line">By ADAM GELLER 8 hours ago </cite> Associated Press Videos Jails Struggle With Role As Makeshift Asylums  Bill Hader's Accidental Acting Life 200 views <button class="Btn Primary" data-rapid_p="12">Load More</button> CHICAGO (AP) — Peering through the chain link of a holding pen at the Cook County Jail, a man wrapped in a navy varsity jacket leans toward clinical social worker Elli...
Topic

Although the more important story is the High School's "F" Rating . . .

sunnubian ·
Bronx Principal Under Fire For Facebook Picture By: Lynette Holloway | Posted: December 4, 2011 Google Images A Bronx high school principal has come under intense scrutiny after an image of her dancing with a topless man and covered in a dark liquid surfaced from her Facebook page, the Huffington Post reports. The photo showed Sharron Smalls, of New York's Jane Addams High School, next to a topless man as he pours a dark liquid substance over her. Students passed a copy of the photo around...
Topic

Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Flint Water Crisis Fading from Public Consciousness

sunnubian ·
Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Flint Water Crisis Fading from Public Consciousness By Danielle Dorsey - March 16, 2017 0 260 It’s been three years since Flint, Mich., last had clean water. The crisis began in 2014, when it was discovered that the city’s recently switched water source to the Flint River was operating with corrosive damaged pipes, which exposed over 100,000 residents to high levels of lead. The crisis garnered brief media attention when a federal state of emergency was declared in...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Norland ·
If these fellas pictured could speak the "queens" English, they'd fit right in with many of the so-called "blacks" living in America. I wish everyone in the world could have DNA tests, so that this racism crap could be extinguished completely. Bunches of folks ain't who they think they are.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
Now can we have the open and honest discussion about how Islam was used by Arabs like Christianity was used by Europeans to enslave Africans??
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
Oh they also invented this light skin dark skin racism. Massa didn't invent it....it was already in place when he came over in Africa. Guess who taught him? But!
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
Also Dr. Clarke discussed this at length back in the late 1980's early 1990s.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Also Dr. Clarke discussed this at length back in the late 1980's early 1990s. Could you find any of that information to post or post a reference?
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
I mean I had to Google this, but alright here's your posting.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
Now who is bold enough to attempt to discredit Dr. Clarke's work?
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Yemaya ·
Well bottom line is I don't mess with any of it as it's all a turn off for me, Christianity, Judaism, Islam or as I affectionately call them the Big 3. No one wants to have a critical or counter analysis of what they believe or think. But Ok, whatever.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Well bottom line is I don't mess with any of it as it's all a turn off for me, Christianity, Judaism, Islam or as I affectionately call them the Big 3. No one wants to have a critical or counter analysis of what they believe or think. But Ok, whatever. Not true. You can offer whatever you wish, but as with any subject there has to be integrity on the matter. You (in general) can't just make stuff because you don't like "The Big 3" nor can you attribute things to...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
I can't control what Williams depict Arab as. That's his opinion. It may be because Arabs identifies themselves as nonblack.....I dunno. But! That's not my fight and I am NOT gonna be distracted by this blindside attempt to ignore the obvious. And the obvious is what I'VE been talking about. And what I've been talking about is the fact that the Arab culture invaded Africa and enslaved the people. No? And are the ones who created this color chart of acceptance. No? And the ones who have...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
incorrect. incorrect. incorrect.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
That's YOUR opinion....my brotha. And what it is NOT is fact or truth. So you keep YOUR opinion and I will definitely hold on to the TRUTH. And when you're ready to acknowledge it.....it will be RIGHT here waiting for ya. Cuz unlike opinions TRUTH never changes. But!
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Well bottom line is I don't mess with any of it as it's all a turn off for me, Christianity, Judaism, Islam or as I affectionately call them the Big 3. No one wants to have a critical or counter analysis of what they believe or think. But Ok, whatever. Amen to that, Yemaya!! Except ... I would change that to: "No one WILL have ... " such a discussion when it comes to their religion or religious belief. I've yet to see it happen. Most just can't/won't do it..
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Norland ·
We're all human beings. What we have with Africans is skin color/hair tightly coiled war. No one can stand Africans because of this trait. We're easy to be bullied and ganged upon because we can't blend in and lie about what we are. Other people terrorize Africans because of fear, believing they're less than human and because Africans do not fight back. We don't have the weaponry and we're humanity's people to take their frustrations and display so-called "better than them/prettier than...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
I'm glad you brought this up...even though it's a little off topic....but! If America allows same sex marriage...LOOK OUT yall. We will regress back into the Roman and Greeks days where the male-love was acceptable and female-male love was frown upon and only acknowledged for the sole purpose of procreation. Women will slowly disappear from the public view [maybe in three-four generations in the future]...and pederasty and pedophila will resurface...and America will be JUST like the third...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Not a problem. Are you suggesting that his is the only qualified "documentation" of history? Is his work exempt from analysis? Repeated declaration of something doesn't make it true. We can disagree. That's fine with me. However, we've been down this path before where you make and repeat the popular myth's associated with Arab without ever actually discussing who and what is an Arab.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Kocolicious ·
First I brought Williams in the fold for the purpose of "documented history" of what happened to Africans." Not a problem. Are you suggesting that his is the only qualified "documentation" of history? Nope! I say what I mean and mean what I say. Never indicated that "he" was the only source. Is his work exempt from analysis? Nope! However neither is your analysis exempt. In fact, nobody is exempt from analogy....including me. Repeated declaration of something doesn't make it true. Yep!
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: ER-if you notice this is (particular) discussion is a discussion of history and not "religion". But ... I HIGHLY doubt you'd be having this particular "discussion" - and discussing it in manner you are if it were NOT, as least in part, about Islam (the religion) ... and ONLY about "the history of Arabs." The 'religion' (you're trying not to talk) about has been mentioned too many times for it not to be an issue.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: ER-if you notice this is (particular) discussion is a discussion of history and not "religion". But ... I HIGHLY doubt you'd be having this particular "discussion" - and discussing it in manner you are if it were NOT, as least in part, about Islam (the religion) ... and ONLY about "the history of Arabs." The 'religion' (you're trying not to talk) about has been mentioned too many times for it not to be an issue. Im...
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Originally Posted by EbonyRose: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: ER-if you notice this is (particular) discussion is a discussion of history and not "religion". But ... I HIGHLY doubt you'd be having this particular "discussion" - and discussing it in manner you are if it were NOT, as least in part, about Islam (the religion) ... and ONLY about "the history of Arabs." The 'religion' (you're trying not to talk) about has been mentioned too many times...
Reply

Re: America’s Private Prison Industry Was Born from the Exploitation of the Slave Trade

sunnubian ·
"Sounds like they are not really interested in repayment, really imprisonment is their goal" ***************************************************** EXACTLY! Because they PROFIT from people being in prison, their jobs depend on people being arrested, their families, mortgage, car payments, insurance payment, grocery bill, utility bill, and children's shoes, DEPEND on people being locked up. And you are right when you say, "I don't see how this can be turned around" , because its going to take...
Topic

America’s Private Prison Industry Was Born from the Exploitation of the Slave Trade

sunnubian ·
America’s Private Prison Industry Was Born from the Exploitation of the Slave Trade By David Love - September 3, 2016 Private prisons — those for-profit correctional facilities owned by corporations rather than the government — have their origin in the slave trade. The Federal Bureau of Prisons recently decided to phase out its contracts with private prisons due to safety issues, as the Department of Homeland Security is now reviewing the fate of privately run immigration centers. The...
×
×
×
×