Skip to main content

Tagged With "Progress"

Reply

Re: The Black "Progress Narrative" is Self-Defeating

Kocolicious ·
I agree that Blacks must start demanding instead of requesting. But we must also start respecting our cultures and the people in it and respect ourselves at the same time that's ONLY we can have any form of a Progress Narrative. It is only self-defeating when there's no self respect. We must there first. But!
Reply

Re: The Black "Progress Narrative" is Self-Defeating

sunnubian ·
I agree with him, too, provided that it is understood that to demand something does not necessarily have to be Verbal, that most of what we want has to be 'demanded' by our Actions [and non-Actions]. Ex.: Present/support candidates of our choosing, not chosen FOR us by Corporate Democrats. Move our money from non-Black banks to Black banks, or to Small Community Banks or Credit Unions. Stop boughing down to the West's 'Golden Calf', MATERIALISM. Unify to create Worker-Co-Ops to create our...
Reply

Re: What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter

Yemaya ·
Yet you have black Americans who staunchly support this candidate yet his record reflects NOTHING he's done legislatively positive for African-Americans.
Reply

Re: What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter

Cholly ·
Ron Paul is an old Jim Crow, traditional racist political con-artist from Kentucky whose politics has changed with the political winds to keep himself re-elected, employed, sell his books, gets paid for political speeches and remain revelant among the Republican establishment and gullible young people who blindly love, praise and follow his radical Republican views that "differs" from his counterparts only in his way of speaking, delivery & tone, yet he's a Ronald Reagan "trickle down...
Reply

Re: What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Cholly: Ron Paul IMO, is the same as the late South Carolina Republican senator Strom Thurmond. A hard core, card carrying racist who ran for President as a segregationist States Rights Democratic Party (Dixiecrat) candidate who hated Blacks and fought to eliminate the Civil Rights Act (filibustered by himself against the Civil Rights Act for 24 straight hours, 18 minutes in Congress non-stop) but once the Civil Rights Act passed, Jim Crow was eliminated and White racism...
Reply

Re: What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter

sunnubian ·
How air conditioning, prostitution, and raw milk could give Ron Paul problems By NBC's Domenico Montanaro Ron Paul is coming under the microscope now that he is seen as having a real chance at winning Iowa. Yesterday, the Texas congressman, who has the best organization in Iowa, was pressed on CNN about controversial statements in a newsletter published 20-plus years ago. Some conservatives are now taking aim , with one columnist even comparing him to Jeremiah Wright, the controversial...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

Xumbrarchist ·
Has the history of the last 500 years been a record of who had technology and who didn't? If native Americans had had machine guns 500 years ago then what would have been the history of slavery in the South? So do we continue into the future letting palefaces know more and controlling education or do we continue this fixation on slavery that was just a symptom of less technological power. Young Black boys who can't repair their bicycles and are riding around without brakes need more slave...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

Xumbrarchist ·
Civilisation: Heroic Materialism - Kenneth Clark Mass hypocrisy he says. 1969 BBC documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j449Dcqtmgc Xum
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by nat55: To include such omitted aspects into the grade school black studies curriculum is a vital step in the general elimination of all these detrimental effects. It's because it would give the majority of the African American students a better understanding of themselves and would help free their minds of the programming. I couldn't agree with you more, nat55!! And unfortunately, this omission is not just from grade school learning ... but our real, true history is...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

Yemaya ·
Hey nat55. I think we also need to understand the nature of white supremacy as well. Which is the most important when we live and operate under that system today. White people are willing to do anything to maintain the perceived power. So nothing they do should surprise any of us.
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

EbonyRose ·
That's so true, Yemaya!! However ... I gotta admit ... that the lengths that some of them go to are all but unbelievable, sometimes!! If I didn't see/hear about it with my own eyes/ears .... I just couldn't imagine that some human beings would actually think the way they do!!
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

RadioRaheem ·
www.hiddencolorsfilm.com
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: That's so true, Yemaya!! However ... I gotta admit ... that the lengths that some of them go to are all but unbelievable, sometimes!! If I didn't see/hear about it with my own eyes/ears .... I just couldn't imagine that some human beings would actually think the way they do!! They do evil and turn around and say its good... I'm tryna tell ya!!
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

sunnubian ·
As ER said, it is not only elementary school where this information is omitted. It is omitted in middle school, high school, and of course in college, unless you take it upon yourself to take an African American/African studies course. Though I’ve never taken an African/African American studies course in college, I would wager that 90% of the most pertinent information is still omitted. What our children wind up learning is the same MLK, Civil Rights Movement, Brown vs. Board of Education,...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

nat55 ·
Hi sunnubian , I a gree with all you say here. I chose the g rade school because in it there's already a captive audience so to speak. In other words, by law, every AA child must attend the classes set up for him or her there. One advantage is that it would eliminate the need for any of them to seek out such knowledge (libraries, book stores, etc.). Therefore, although it would be difficult, and perhaps impossible, to overcome the opposition to get such a plan implemented, I believe that It...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

nat55 ·
This is an addition to the original topic and message: Why understanding AA history is vital to AA progress I recall replies to this subject that imply that it's useless to think about the past. As an answer to this, I like to tell of something discussed the first day in a high school social studies class. The teacher put this question to us: "Why is it important to learn about certain events that happened in the past or even ancient past". After some of us tried to give answers, the teacher...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

sunnubian ·
It all boils down to very simple psychology; First you brain wash the people [wash their brain clean] then you have a "Blank Slate" to indocrinate their brain with whatever it is that you want them to believe, think, fear, love, hate, desire, or be indifferent to, creating a "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" effect that insures the indoctrination(s) will be carried out by those people. Africans were brainwashed on the cotton plantations of the south and where ever they were held as slaves in the...
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

nat55 ·
I've revised & re-posted the original thread, & it now has answers to some of the content of your reply here.
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

RadioRaheem ·
Re: A vital step in African American progress
Reply

Re: A vital step in African American progress

Momentum ·
I think black students are interested in black history, but our American experience is not a story of beauty and its not easy to discuss among other ethnic groups and really its kinda recent when you think in terms of the number of lives you are separated from slavery and the living that was raised in segregation and Jim Crow. Its not a pleasant subject for most. I remember reading books written by slaves, slave narratives and it was not pleasant reading and some of the stories I read...
Reply

Re: CODE BLACK: Sound familiar?

Norland ·
White men say "You won't stay away from our women, so we'll either incarcerate you, hopefully for life, or we'll kill you." As long as we're in this country, the white man's going to make damn sure black men will be unable to "stand at attention." You're either going to be too damn old, where you'll be unable to ejaculate ever again, or deader than a door nail. That's really what all this is about; no more no less. They DO NOT want Black African wooly-haired children in their damn blood...
Topic

What Has Obama Ever Done For Progressives?

sunnubian ·
What Has Obama Ever Done For Progressives? Posted on January 10, 2012 by Brandon Share this now! Find out in under 2 minutes. Watch: Found on TPMTV’s YouTube channel . Originally submitted by volunteer editor Jayne C.
Topic

FYI

sunnubian ·
Week ending Friday December 16, 2011 Readers' Choice / Most Read Views... John R. MacArthur: President Obama Richly Deserves to Be Dumped Ralph Nader: Congressional Tyranny, White House Surrender Robert Fisk: Bankers are the Dictators of the West Robert Reich: The Remarkable Political Stupidity of the Street Sam Pizzigati: Presenting America’s Ten Greediest of 2011 Diane Ravitch: A Nation's Education Left Behind David Morris: Occupy Economics Departments John Atcheson: The Walmartization of...
Topic

What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter

sunnubian ·
What To Make Of Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletter By Ian Millhiser on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm With Übertenther Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) emerging as the latest frontrunner in the Iowa GOP primary , Ta-Nehisi Coates chronicles many of the most offensive highlights from a series of racist newsletters Paul published in the late 1980s and early 1990s: Needlin’ : Paul’s December 1989 newsletter claims that roving bands of African-Americans are trying to give white people HIV. According to the newsletter,...
Topic

How Racist Housing Policies, Media Framing Helped Fuel Tension, Outrage in Ferguson

sunnubian ·
How Racist Housing Policies, Media Framing Helped Fuel Tension, Outrage in Ferguson August 15, 2014 | Posted by Taylor Gordon Credit: AP Photo/ Jeff Roberson Thanks to the help of Missouri state officials, tensions in Ferguson are finally starting to subside; but deeply rooted systematic racism still continues to influence media headlines and the region’s housing policies. The scene in Ferguson was much different on Thursday than it was Wednesday night, when protesters were fired upon with...
Topic

CODE BLACK: Sound familiar?

sunnubian ·
CODE BLACK: Murder, Mass Incarceration, Militarization and Genocide in Progress Submitted by Marsha Coleman-... on Wed, 09/10/2014 - 09:32 mass incarceration prison state by BAR editor and columnist Dr. Marsha Coleman-Adebayo and Kevin Berends “Instead of lynchings, we now enjoy the spectacle of the fraternal-order-of-police executing blacks and browns as sport.” In these lawless and insufferable times we often find those charged with upholding the Constitution mouthing platitudes about the...
Topic

The Real Battle in 2012 and Beyond (Video)

sunnubian ·
  Robert ReichChancellor's Professor of Public Policy, University of California at Berkeley; Author, 'Beyond Outrage The Real Battle in 2012 and Beyond (Video)Posted: 07/11/2012 3:13 pm   It's not merely Republicans versus...
Topic

20 Leading Democrats Urge Party to “Get Back on Offense”

sunnubian ·
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 4, 2012 4:26 PM CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA) Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167 20 Leading Democrats Urge Party to “Get Back on Offense” WASHINGTON - September 4 - Worried about Democratic congressional prospects this fall, 20 prominent Democrats sent an open letter — available at protectdemocracy.org — to the Democratic Congressional leadership urging that they “get back on offense” by exposing the GOP as “more...
Topic

Why Obama Will Disappoint Progressives and I Voted for Him Anyway

sunnubian ·
Published on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 by Young Turks Why Obama Will Disappoint Progressives and I Voted for Him Anyway by Cenk Uygur Anyone who thinks President Obama will magically turn around in his second term and be a real progressive is high on a 2008 supply. Soon after President Obama is re-elected he will do the Grand Bargain deal with Republicans, which will cut Medicare, Medicaid, discretionary spending and maybe even Social Security. On top of that, they will pretend to get extra...
Topic

A vital step in African American progress

nat55 ·
A Vital Step for the sake of AA (African American) Progress. I first wish to mention that for anyone who has difficulty reading such a large amount as this. I suggest reading only a comfortable portion at a time, each with a comfortable interval of rest & reflection on the portion just read. What I've written about here is what I believe to be a main cause of AAs’ problems. It particularly pertains to AA progress and the grade school black studies curriculum. Apparently, whenever black...
Reply

Re: Why Obama Will Disappoint Progressives and I Voted for Him Anyway

roarin1 ·
And in a nutshell ^^^ THAT, is what Tavis Smiley, Cornel West and Glen Ford are talking about. Be joyful all you want....but not (utterly,) deceived. And until we have found another Leader above reproach, I agree.
Reply

Re: Why Obama Will Disappoint Progressives and I Voted for Him Anyway

Kocolicious ·
Blah Blah Blah yada yada yada What president in this nation NEVER involve himself with money and politics? Hurry up! Waiting..... uh! Thought so, Folks like the Young Turks need to spend their time convincing their foriegn counterparts that it is TIME to pull their heads outta of the dark ages....and RECOGNIZE that their women and children [they kept subjegating] are people TOO, That's the newflash. Cuz all this talk is nothing more than business as usual in the heart of America. If you look...
Reply

Re: Why Obama Will Disappoint Progressives and I Voted for Him Anyway

EbonyRose ·
"Progressives" are just as much "extremists" as are Liberal and Conservatives. And the Taliban, for that matter. Neither one has a clear gasp on reality, IMO.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Norland ·
And that's exactly what they're doing, because they think we're gorilla cousins. That's TRUTH!!!!!! They kill our babies, and they walk free as birds in trees. The Caucasus Cave Men Mountaineers are on an African killing spree in the dis-United States of Amerigo. I'll bet those Kopper Beater Uppers are feeling no remorse causing that that handsome 20 year old University of Virginia honor student to receive 10 stitches in his head. 3 Caucasoid Kopper Beater Uppers, 1 mother's African son.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by DennisKalita: These cops have nothing on ISIS and the KKK. Hell, they are ISIL and the KKK.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

GoodMan ·
But California is so liberal and blah blah blah blah It's San Fransico! Everybody is all peace and love and let live.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

RadioRaheem ·
Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

RadioRaheem ·
Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Fabulous ·
Originally Posted by GoodMan: But California is so liberal and blah blah blah blah It's San Fransico! Everybody is all peace and love and let live. I guess you haven't been paying attention (obviously you're excluding the black experience in San Francisco). I can certainly see why a white person would feel that San Francisco is a place where everybody is all peace and love and let live. Yeah, right! LOL@you case in point: A San Francisco civil jury today ruled in favor of a white, former...
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

sunnubian ·
It is so damn apparent that all of this police brutality and racists murdering Black people, is being deliberately orchestrated and is prelude to something far worse for Black people in America. It's time for Black people in America to Protest our so-called "leaders", Black politicians, Black attorneys, and African Americans with clout and money that sit back and do and say absolutely nothing while all these Lynchings of Black people take place. Racists in America are trying to instigate a...
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Xeon ·
"It is so damn apparent that all of this police brutality and racists murdering Black people, is being deliberately orchestrated and is prelude to something far worse for Black people in America." Really? Like what?
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

DennisKalita ·
Originally Posted by Xeon: "It is so damn apparent that all of this police brutality and racists murdering Black people, is being deliberately orchestrated and is prelude to something far worse for Black people in America." Really? Like what? The troll is b-a-a-ack with his old same bag of tricks and setups. Give it up, troll! We all see your lame game.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Xeon ·
"The troll is b-a-a-ack with his old same bag of tricks and setups. Give it up, troll! We all see your lame game." Really? The question was a fair and honest. A conspiracy pundit made a statement about impending doom or " something far worse" . How does asking a question make me a troll? And what is this bag of tricks and set ups accusation? I think your troll smear is getting a little stale....seriously. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

sunnubian ·
Operation Ghetto Storm: 2012 Annual Report on the extrajudicial killing of 313 Black people by police, security guards and vigilantes The Report exposes how every 28 hours someone inside the United States, employed or protected by the U.S. government kills a Black child, woman or man. These state-sanctioned killings are the casualties of what we call " Operation Ghetto Storm ," a perpetual war to invade, occupy and pacify Black communities-- much like the U.S. invades and occupies the Middle...
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Xeon ·
Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

NSpirit ·
Originally Posted by Xeon: So your troll ass is squarely on the side of law enforcement executing people and you had the poor taste to post a snooze emoji regarding black people being routinely executed in the streets by law enforcement? Cracker nobody gives a damn about your cracker perspective on AfricanAmerica. Cointelpro worked back then but you proxy mofos are meaningless now. From dust you shall return.
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

sunnubian ·
BLOCKING TROLLS, INSTIGATORS AND COLLABORATEURS https://www.africanamerica.org/...8#441810506007971808
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

DennisKalita ·
Originally Posted by Xeon: "The troll is b-a-a-ack with his old same bag of tricks and setups. Give it up, troll! We all see your lame game." Really? The question was a fair and honest. A conspiracy pundit made a statement about impending doom or " something far worse" . How does asking a question make me a troll? And what is this bag of tricks and set ups accusation? I think your troll smear is getting a little stale....seriously. Ha! Ha! Ha! What’s stale and stankin' rotten are your...
Reply

Re: Crime Cop Says Killing Black People Is Okay Because ‘It’s Not Against The Law To Put An Animal Down’

Norland ·
White men are nothing but the black man's limitless executioner. They write the laws, nothing happens to them. They're just showing you how "American" you're not; the Europeans are.
 
×
×
×
×