Skip to main content

Tagged With "Hollywood Didn"

Reply

Re: the wrong signals

RadioRaheem ·
*i challenged the vailidty of your post directed at me. You didn't do that...why?? I think it's because you were talking out of the wrong hole...here's a hint...try talking out a hole above the belt, not below!!! *********************************************************** Who in the hell left the gate open??? Somebody put roots on me G.O.M.A.B., H.O.B.O., M.O.B., and B.B.H. Rules of life!!!
Reply

Re: are brothers really attracted to big women??

RadioRaheem ·
*********************************************************** 'Sometimes life is obscene' - Black Crowes Commerical Hall of Fame - All time list 'Who in the hell left the gate open???' 'Somebody put roots on me' 'I've fallen, and I can't give up!!!' [This message was edited by RadioRaheem on September 03, 2003 at 05:13 PM.]
Reply

Re: Racism pays, literally...

James Wesley Chester ·
Were these people white?.....Man what is the world coming to....---sistahsouljah You damn betcha. New Yori city's first-responders. It was jus' fun. They didn' mean nut'n'. We ain't racis'. The judge said, "Right!!" IT THE ARROGANCE OF POWER. IT WAS DURING THE REIGN OF GIULIANI. The murder of Diallo. The rape of the Haitian immigrant. PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

James Wesley Chester ·
MY GOD!!!!!! And there's a before and an after movie waiting in the wing??????? FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! George Lucas knows how to do it!!!! LET'S BLOW OUT THE BOX OFFICE!!! JANUARY 20TH. PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

James Wesley Chester ·
Think about it. The movie about Medgar Evers was really the story of the attorney who prosecuted the man who killed him The story about the 'black' guy is always about a 'white' guy starred in the movie about a 'black' guy. Puhleez!!! PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
You're right JWC. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT GOES TO SEE THIS MOVIE TO MAKE SURE THAT THEIR TICKETS SAYS "RED TAILS" , SO THAT THIS MOVIE WILL GET THE CREDIT IT DESERVES WHEN IT COMES TO AWARDS AND RECOGNITION.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
Obama to host Tuskegee Airmen, cast of 'Red Tails' By Perry Bacon Jr. 3:00 PM on 01/13/2012 READ MORE: Barack Obama , Red Tails , Tuskegee Airmen , George Lucas , World War II COMMENT NOW President Obama and the first lady greet Tuskegee Airmen and the cast of 'Red Tails' at a White House screening (courtesy of the White House) President Obama on Friday afternoon will host the Tuskegee Airmen and the cast and crew of the new film about the pilots called Red Tails for a screening of the movie...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Well...I just found out that Lucas is dating a black woman named Melody. She is the financial analyst on Good Morning America and have had her own show on ABC talking about debt. I say this to say that maybe her input influenced Lucas' decision to make this movie. And maybe he realized that in his own country instead of in fantasy space, there are true life STORIES to be told that many "white" producers don't wanna tell. But! For whatever reason, I am glad that we finally have significant...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Here's hoping the Obama staff don't freak out and hold a press conference denouncing Wu-Tang when Method Man shows up.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
You know, over the weekend I read this commentary by Roland Martin which he entitled "Hollywood's irrational allergy to "Black" films" where he pretty much did a pretty good job of railing about Hollywood's lack of backing "all Black-cast films." I generally look at Roland Martin as an 'apologist' most of the time and am not impressed by what he has to say - and this time wasn't much different - but I think he did write a good article! However, at the end of it, my thought was that .... it...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Owning a studio isn't the only issue. The issue is in entertainment is distribution. You can own whatever you like, if the distribution channels are locked up between 3 or 4 companies, that's a bigger battle than most people know. It actually goes to the larger issue of media ownership. 5 companies own >90% of the media outlets.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
You know...it ain't rocket science yall. Black consumers are a trillion dollar industry. So I would go independent and just put it out there if I had the mola and talent. Trust me somebody will pick it up. Cuz I'm sure there are those like me who are JUST freaking tired of this white man in a white horse saving the day bullshit while folks are starving to death as a result of his legacy of colonalism. People are now looking for real life topics that correlates with what is happening now or...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Owning a studio isn't the only issue. The issue is in entertainment is distribution. You can own whatever you like, if the distribution channels are locked up between 3 or 4 companies, that's a bigger battle than most people know. It actually goes to the larger issue of media ownership. 5 companies own >90% of the media outlets. =================================================== Okay. But ..... And .....??? I mean ... again, let me refer back to t he...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Dissident ·
Black folk and the Hollywood propaganda machine are talking about coming out to support Red Tails. But where were they when Spike Lee made Miracle at St. Anna? I wouldn't be so quick to embrace George Lucas. Lucas is the same producer accused of subliminally portraying black charactertures in his movies as buffoons and savages. Lucas knew well in advance whites in Hollywood weren't going to fund this movie, so why the media hype? If black people fail to see what's going on then they're...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Yemaya ·
Dissident, THANK YOU! I thought it was just me with these reservations.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Dissident: Black folk and the Hollywood propaganda machine are talking about coming out to support Red Tails. But where were they when Spike Lee made Miracle at St. Anna? I wouldn't be so quick to embrace George Lucas. Lucas is the same producer accused of subliminally portraying black charactertures in his movies as buffoons and savages. Lucas knew well in advance whites in Hollywood weren't going to fund this movie, so why the media hype? If black people fail to see...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Speaking for myself I don't think it's a "white hope" move. But! There is not enough BLACK folks supporting black films and as a result many GOOD black stories don't get TOLD! I just want them TOLD. And told with truth....doesn't matter what race the producer. As a matter of fact, the film COLOR PURPLE wouldn't have gotten its props....if we had waited for a so-called BLACK producer to film it -wasn't gotta happen. And that was an epic film. I ain't waiting no more..that is for black film...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Mannnnnnnnnnn ..... you are SO right about THAT, Ms. Koco!!! And it's not JUST about (Black) movies or stories about us that Black folks don't/won't support each other in ..... I'm still trying to think of a subject matter where we are willing to "come together for each other" .... and support something that has to do with - and is good for - us. You let some tacky-ass, bleeped-out, scandalous, back-stabbing, 'baffoonis'h-type "reality show" come on TV and Blackfolks will get speeding...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Huey ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: Mannnnnnnnnnn ..... you are SO right about THAT, Ms. Koco!!! And it's not JUST about (Black) movies or stories about us that Black folks don't/won't support each other in ..... I'm still trying to think of a subject matter where we are willing to "come together for each other" .... and support something that has to do with - and is good for - us. You let some tacky-ass, bleeped-out, scandalous, back-stabbing, 'baffoonis'h-type "reality show" come on TV and...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Xeon ·
"We will NEVER get our stories told if we wait about for Black people to tell 'em. It may have taken a White man 25 years and his OWN money to produce this BLACK film. But at least SOMEBODY did it!! When a whole lot of other "somebodys" DID NOT!!!" This is very true. Tragically, American Negroes seem content letting others document their history. Their group indifference and apathy is shocking. Not that there is anything wrong with non-black authors writing or directing documentaries about...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Yemaya ·
Of course white people can put out movies about black people. they have set up the economy, the culture and other dynamics to make it so that they have most of the resources. DUH.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Of course white people can put out movies about black people. they have set up the economy, the culture and other dynamics to make it so that they have most of the resources. DUH. Uh....this is NOT true anymore. There are a lot of black artists that now have the resources to make black movies. Just like the record business with blacks now having their own labels, if BLACKS wanted to they could do the same in the movie industry. We have the internet, easy to use cameras---all it takes is a...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Many years ago I attended a speech by a great American war hero and the commanding officer of the Tuskegee airman, General Benjamin O. Davis Jr. The crowd was 90% white! Another time I went to see a number of Tuskegee airman speak and the results were the same. There was a white woman who had three small children and she ushered them forward to meet with the former pilots. She said to her children, “Listen, theses are great American heroes. Say hello to them” . The Tuskegee airman, one black...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
Where was he speaking? Did it cost anything to attend his speech? How much ? Was it advertised in media that catered to African Americans? I have often known of famous African Americans having a speaking engagement in our area, but often, it is not exactly in town, or there is often a heavy charge to see the person (especially if you are talking about carrying your kids), and many of these engagements are known of (happened across) a day or two before the event (giving little or no time to...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Yemaya ·
Basically this entire thing about Hollywood not wanting to put out a film with an all black cast was a marketing campaign. It was the perfect propaganda because it played to black people's sense of injustice and under representation in 'major' films. And some of you fell for it. So now George Lucas the the distribution company are making major cheddar from what has been described as a "Corny" film by Lucas himself.None of the money will be recycled into the pockets of Black America. My...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Wait .... so are you saying that Hollywood doesn't have an aversion to putting out "all Black-cast movies"?? And that Black people do not feel a sense of injustice and under-representation in major films??? And that Black people should find that kind of discrimination acceptable ??? Did we really "fall" for something that isn't even true or have any basis in reality??
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
I don't know if I believe that it was just a marketing campaign on the part of George Lucas because we have known forever that Hollywood does not want to make a Black movie with an all-Black cast. The West and the United States government relies heavily on Hollywood as part of their propaganda machine that keeps people brainwashed and socially conditioned to see White people as moral, upstanding citizens and heroes to the world. Movies like "Red Tails" that show Black males as the heroes...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Xeon ·
"Of course white people can put out movies about black people. they have set up the economy, the culture and other dynamics to make it so that they have most of the resources. DUH." Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s funny. Negroes pick and choose what they want to support and what interest them. Suggesting that whites have unlimited resources for funding and production of movies/documentaries is true. No doubt. But this does not excuse Negroes from being self-imposed spectators while others document their...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Xeon ·
"Uh....this is NOT true anymore. There are a lot of black artists that now have the resources to make black movies. Just like the record business with blacks now having their own labels, if BLACKS wanted to they could do the same in the movie industry. We have the internet, easy to use cameras---all it takes is...........when they can do the EXACT same thang. But as usual we are waiting for massa to give us the heads up. That will NEVER happen." On point!!! You said everything that needs to...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Movies and documentaries also serve as a peek into who Black people really are, who African Americans really are, what African Americans have really contributed , what African Americans have really sacrificed , and more importantly, true information about Black people's history in America being distributed throughout the general public validates the sadism, hatred, unfairness, discrimination, and evil that Black people have suffered at the hands of and by the...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Cholly ·
*****When I went to see the movie, there were more Whites (about 90%) in the theatre than Blacks and many were men with family who were elderly retired military veterans who gave the movie a standing ovation.***** " Red Tails " came in #2, to "Underworld" ($25.4 million) opened to better-than-expected numbers at the domestic box office this weekend, taking in $19.1million. Fox Studios was upbeat. Studio executives had projected that the PG-13 "Red Tails," about the Tuskegee Airmen of World...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Sista ER wrote: We can be mad that it's mostly White people producing these shows ... but ONE month of REAL history is better than the around-the-clock, year-round showing of "Flavor of Love" and "T.I. & Tiny" that a lot of Black people are riveted to these days. My sista...you are sooooooooooo right! Hey I didn't even get that this movie was showin in conjunction to Black History. I need to slow down. Okay. I don't understand why folks panties are in a bunch. Truly. We as black people...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Cholly ·
Lt. Col. Luke Weathers Jr. Tuskegee Airman Luke Weathers Jr. Buried At Arlington National Cemetery. ARLINGTON, Va. — On the same day that retired Air Force Lt. Col. Luke Weathers Jr. took his resting place among other war and military heroes, his real-life story as a World War II aviator played out on movie screens across the country. Weathers was buried Friday at Arlington National Cemetery in a service that began with a flyover of four F-16 jets in the Missing Man formation, a special...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Great post Brotha Cholly! You're a man after my own heart. I just love this. And don't understand for the life of me....why there are some of us arguing over this...when we KNOW full well that there are no real black folks willing to put their necks out to tell our own stories. Pitiful. Point is...our stories getting out with quality, integrity, dignity and respect! Which is how it should be done!
Reply

Re: GOP leader's top goal: Make Obama 1-term president

Kocolicious ·
You know this is what I'm talking about! We have a Black President. The one black man in the history of this country....who do NOT have experience in this field i.e. being a President. And instead of watching what he does and does not do and supporting it in order to make ways for improvement, he's critized and minimized. Now I don't care that's he critized....but! Where is his backup? The black voters? Where are they? We had/have an opportunity to be a voice....a loud POWERFUL voice. But...
Reply

Re: Others Will Profit from Black Males' Failures

Kocolicious ·
I agree with you sista ER. It's not their fault. That is WHY I am sooooooo angry with some of these so-called black men who have the NERVE to call themselves fathers when they head count how many children they have. They are proud that they used many black women as human toilets and their children as toilet paper. Which means: after they are done they flush the toilet as if they have no responsiblity or moral obligation to do the right thing. A lot of times children are too focus with family...
Reply

Re: Lil Wayne Finally Apologizes to Emmett Till's Family In A Letter

Kocolicious ·
Yall know he was in the hospital again....right? He claim he is an epileptic so why in the HELL is he continuing using DRUGS when he KNOWS damn well that is what's causing his seizures? He is an idiot. You're right sista Sunnubian he didn;t write the letter it is genetic and probably his team did it to preserve their contact with pepsi and other sponsors. It's about the money. These moguls i.e. sponsors do not wanna deal with any political stain that will cause them lose dollars and risk...
Reply

Re: Lil Wayne Finally Apologizes to Emmett Till's Family In A Letter

RadioRaheem ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Yall know he was in the hospital again....right? He claim he is an epileptic so why in the HELL is he continuing using DRUGS when he KNOWS damn well that is what's causing his seizures? He is an idiot. You're right sista Sunnubian he didn;t write the letter it is genetic and probably his team did it to preserve their contact with pepsi and other sponsors. It's about the money. These moguls i.e. sponsors do not wanna deal with any political stain that will...
Reply

Re: Antoine Dobson: No longer Gay

Kocolicious ·
Now it can happen. In high school I knew a gay guy who was gay all during high and Junior high school. He was flaming and had a twin sister. But it was during prom night, he got his first taste of the coochie[I think he may have gotten drunk]. But! He came back on Grad night to say if he knew it was that good....he would have tried it a long time ago. He is currently straight. But I do believe some man touched him as a child and confused his sexuality. I'm assumming that is he story cuz back...
Reply

Re: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright Case

EbonyRose ·
YEA!!! I was really pulling for her!! I'm really glad JUSTICE was served!!!
Reply

Re: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright Case

kresge1 ·
This is the same old story that has been circulating around the internet for several years now. It is not true.
Reply

Re: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright Case

Kocolicious ·
Yeah it has turned into an urban legend. I was hoping...just hoping...praying that it was true...that she had the proof...but thus far like Brotha Kresgel says it is just a recirculating story that is unfortunately not true. But!
Reply

Re: Sophia Stewart, The Real Creator of ‘The Matrix,’ Wins Billion Dollar Copyright Case

sunnubian ·
If it is true that this is only an "urban myth" that has been being circulated on the internet, Marcia L. McNair should really verify her information and sources before posting an article as if it were real, when in all actuality, it is only tabloid fiction that she is adding to this a site as if it were real, truthful information. [But, I should have did my own fact-checking, etc., which, I often do before posting anything on AA.org. The big hint that it was not truthful information,...
Reply

Re: Nearly 4,000 Treated For Female Genital Mutilation In London

Kocolicious ·
FGM is not a religious practice. It is a cultural one, predating the arrival of Islam and Christianity. I've read both the Bible and the Koran My sista...I disagree slightly. Cuz it isn't a religious practice per se....it is a SLAVE practice. Before I continue I must tell you that I don't believe in ANY of the slaves book i.e. Quran, Bible or the Talmud. In my view, those were written by MEN to control women...so don't believe it! Now that's out the way. The reason I disagree slightly is...
Reply

Re: Black actress Daniele Watts handcuffed by police after kissing white husband: report

Kocolicious ·
I didn;t wanna say nothing about her cuz it was a bit toooooo soon. And I often see folks jump on the band wagon of opportunity when they are faced with illegal issues. And there are those blacks in Cali who are now totally pissed off that this girl used the "race" card to TRY to get out of trouble or to distract what was really going on by using the "race" card. Big mistake. She will probably have to lay low for awhile. They are demanding she apologize-which she has adamantly refused-much...
Reply

Re: The Treasonous 32: Four-Fifths of Black Caucus Help Cops Murder Their Constituents

Kocolicious ·
Brotha Momentum wrote: I expect President Obama to LEAD the Democratic Party to address the concerns of his constituents. My president is doing the best he can with WHAT and WHO he has to work with. And as we all know, not everybody in his office is routing for him. There have been betrayals, fall outs etc-all because in the history of a white country.....it is now being ran by a black man. No matter the we are the world bullshit....his presidency continues to a social adjustment to many...
Reply

Re: 'Bill Cosby threw me down on his bed and pinned me by my neck. I'll never forget the sound of the clinking of his belt buckle'

Kocolicious ·
Having sad allllllll that above? I am officially standing by Cosby until it is PROVEN without A DOUBT that the allegations from ALL OF ;EM are true and NOT CONSENUAL...and not a part of Casting Couch roll call. He has DONE so much positive stuff [and he aint killed nobody] and although it may not be right? He is human just like everybody else. But the difference? He created a pathway for other blacks to become successful in the whiteman's hollywood. No matter his sexual hangups....he was...
Reply

Re: Neo-Nazi Attack Black DJ During Annual Celebration Of White Supremacist "Martyr

sunnubian ·
Umm, so why didn''t that "group of eight white supremacists" walk of to eight Black guys and start a fight? Any group of coward ass bitches can GANG one (1) man. Coward ass little bitches.
Reply

Re: Barack Obama Pays Tribute To Black Women

Kocolicious ·
Side note. I will defend my president until he is OUT OF OFFICE. Having said that, I will NOT defend bad behavior or stupidity from him or any body. But for me? He hasn't been any WORSE than the racist presidents we've had before him. His lack of aggression regarding the black cause is noted. However, he is a human being just like any body else and can only do so much. We ALL know this. So folks can throw him under bus every time something happens to us...but! I get the big picture. And that...
 
×
×
×
×