Skip to main content

Tagged With "Myths To Debunk This Thanksgiving"

Reply

Re: Plane Hits Building...

Empty Purnata ·
HELL, even the 9-11 Commission itself admits that no evidence of a plane (or the alleged people on Flight 77) was ever found: http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/attack/flight77.html I had this dicussion with my mother a while ago, and she got so upset that I kept debunking her "evidence" that she started yelling and cutting me off. She kept saying that if the goverment was lying, they wouldn't leave info open like that to be debunked. I told her that experts and scientists can debunk lies,...
Reply

Re: Jamie Foxx Music Special Controversy on NBC

Kevin41 ·
Debunking Urban Myths: NBC Didn't Diss Jamie Foxx By Yoji Cole -------------------------------------------------------------------------- © 2005 DiversityInc.com January 25, 2006 "Jamie Foxx Unpredictable," a television concert in which the actor/singer attempts to parlay his Oscar success into R&B success tonight on NBC, did not hit the stage without some controversy. An e-mail string, sent randomly throughout the Internet world, claimed NBC was not properly promoting the show, set to...
Reply

Re: Welfare

NSpirit ·
oh, ok WHATZ... I see now that you did not understand the reason I was using statistics re: the percentage of african americans accessing welfare or the percentage of the federal budget which is spent on welfare. I did not use those stats to encourage abuse of the welfare system. Nor was I motivated by a "well whites do it so we can too" attitude. I used the stats to debunk a myth. The stats come from a book entitled "Don't Believe The HYpe" by Chideya Farai (sp?) I personally believe an...
Reply

Re: Ten things you cant say in America by Larry Elder.

Vox ·
How can someone who actually respects Larry Elder criticize an argument as "not convincing?" I would think that this would be your benchmark for earning praise. And, like many on these boards, you misconstrue my point. First, I never said these people weren't originally from black neighborhoods. I said they probably don't LIVE AND INTERACT WITH THEM TODAY, IN THE PRESENT. They comment on how blacks think, without knowing. Second, the fact that DeltaJ & Larry Elder don't have a "black"...
Reply

Re: MY Way or Hell!

IMMORTAL LOGIC ·
Thanks for the site, I'll look into it as well. I guess the problem I have with your argument is their are to many leaps and not enough bridges. You have to make too many assupmtions (IMO). If you assume Alexander Hisop Does'nt kow what he's talking about. And if you assume Flavius Josephus,Diordorus Scilarus, And a host of other ancient historians don't know what there talking about. And If yu assume that freemasons,illuminati, and a score of other secret societies and "luminist" are...
Reply

Re: MY Way or Hell!

IMMORTAL LOGIC ·
What's the point indeed...I can click on amazon.com on my own.
Reply

Re: The debunker of affirmative action gets debunked.

James Wesley Chester ·
It is good to see 'the debunker' debunked with the very tools he used to debunk. This is akin to affirmative action as a tool using race in a manner similar to the way race was used to create the problem. I like it. PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: christianity.... too confusing

de hitman inspector ·
sometimes i tihk christianity is right. there is power in jesus's name. but thi could be te result of the name and its position in our heads/subconscious, the associations we make when thiking about that name. if god created my heart that god could break it ... then that god is not G-d at all. if am I forced into a "choose me or be damned" choice with a limited view of the overall picture and a limited time in which to make the choice? That sounds real loving to me *snirk* In the best of...
Reply

Re: Black America's Crisis

sunnubian ·
Yet another 'writer' using African Americans to boost their career. When did the the Black single mother statistic go from 50% to 70%. Black people just like white people where living in poverty in this country before the Women's Rights Movement. There are just as many poor married mothers as there are poor single mothers. Welfare is not the cause of a rise in single motherhood, it is the women's rights movement and the women's right to chose which also means the right to chose to NOT have...
Reply

Re: Black America's Crisis

Sweetwuzzy ·
Welfare is not the cause of a rise in single motherhood, it is the women's rights movement and the women's right to chose which also means the right to chose to NOT have and abortion or to chose to be a single parent. If you read the history of this country, Europe, and almost any other 'industrialized nation' you will find that illegitimacy is nothing new, only how it was handled, now women cannot be forced to put their child up for adoption, now people with money or government agencies...
Reply

Re: For CON-Feed: This REVOLUTION 2005 Msg Will Self-Destruct

Nmaginate ·
YOU CAN READ: The impetus for me posting it here is to dispell and debunk... kick the shit out of RENALDO's Deflect & Redirect tactical claim that I never take issue with, argue or debate MBM (and Kevin). You claimed: "In your eyes [Nmag] MBM, Kevin and others are never wrong in your eyes - [never wrong] enough for you to respond to their posts?" You can Go To Page 3 and reference my post which was Posted April 09, 2005 07:06 PM or there 'bout. Easy to find. 2nd from top. It's a direct...
Reply

Re: Should Affluent Blacks Stay or Flee Blighted Communities.

Nmaginate ·
There you go with more BULLSHIT ASS RHETORIC! "Common Societal Goals"??? (CSG) What the fuck are you talking about? You speak as if there are such things there... then you say some BULLSHIT about a having a CONVENANT enforced? In truth, CSG is just some BULLSHIT you say. You know that BS has no meaning. And then you go on to further BULLSHIT talking about "functioning" and so-called SAMBOs serving a "function." Dude, none of your idiotic play on the word FUNCTIONal is functioning... You are...
Reply

Re: People say that Atlanta is a black gay mecca

HonestBrother ·
I treat thi guy like a fly at the picnic... try my best to ignore him ...
Reply

Re: People say that Atlanta is a black gay mecca

Against All Odds ·
"Hmm, I just looked at Against All Odds' personal profile, and his email address is: EstherLofton@comcast.net Notice the "Lofton" part?" by Empty Purnata *********************************** "More telling is the e-mail address is for ESTHER Lofton." by Kweli4Real "Can it be that this Black [self-identified]; male [self-identified]; self-made [non-AA beneficiary]; hypercritical of the Black community [though claims to love Black people]; quick to point to aberrant behavior in Black folk,...
Reply

Re: People say that Atlanta is a black gay mecca

bigddouble ·
Kweli et al, I thought the established response to this kind of stuff around here was: "Pass the greens please!" One question Mr. Lofton ( actually two ): If you have been banned, why are you back, admitting to creating a new username, but continuing the same old tactics that got you banned? Why not use the advertising forum MBM set up if you just want to link us to your book for sale? If you send me a free copy, I'll do a book review for the board. P.S. - I copied your response just in case...
Reply

Re: "Personal Retirement Accounts are Pro-Black, Too"

Kevin41 ·
oh yeah.....RAND....a conservative think-tank...here we go again......did you notice how Faheem or Noah mentioned how black think tanks can resolve our issues without that political slant and leaning....so let me ask you.....what about a very poor black who does not get to contribute much throughout his career and still lives a long time? This country can gurantee whatever it likes....the current administration will not do so unless big business can get their hands on it and profit....but i...
Reply

Re: "Personal Retirement Accounts are Pro-Black, Too"

toussaint ·
RAND is "conservative" based on what? It disagrees with you? Meanwhile, life expectancy is an indicator of how much you'll receive in Social Security benefits. This is a simple fact. Even low income workers would have a better return on their investments than they would in the current program. Besides, the current reform proposals will be able to fund a guaranteed benefit above what is currently offered because the government would no longer owe benefits to everyone else- they'd all have...
Reply

Re: Is Condoleezza Rice Relevant to Black America?

NSpirit ·
DEBUNK To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham, or exaggerated claims of: debunk a supposed miracle drug. Given that the thread asks a question which can only be answered based on a poster's subjective opinion, no arguments have actually been "debunked" in this thread . Differing opinions regarding Condi Rice, her war criminal status, and her academic merits have been expressed. A pleurality of posters accepted both points: that she is a war criminal and that she is impressively...
Reply

Re: Welfare

sunnubian ·
Debunking the Myth of the Welfare Queen by dean spade One of the most powerful tools of the recent war on the poor and the dismantling of poverty alleviation programs like Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), Medicaid, and Medicare has been the demonization of poor people. Media sources and welfare reform backers have relied on portraits of public benefit recipients as lazy, irresponsible people who refuse to work and would rather "live off the state." Especially powerful has been...
Reply

Re: 9/11 - The Anniversary, The Legacy

kresge ·
Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report Popular Mechanics examines the evidence and consults the experts to refute the most persistent conspiracy theories of September 11. By The Editors Published in the March 2005 issue. False Witness: Conspiracy theorists claim this photo "proves" the 9/11 attacks were a U.S. military operation. (Photograph by Rob Howard) From the moment the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one...
Reply

Re: Whites Do Not Belong in hiphop

KEYNOTE (Guest) ·
...and usually when that happens the true essence becomes void, the 'blackness' in the music becomes relegated. Suddenly it's the typical white mans version of what he thinks hip hop should or should not be. Look at jazz for a moment. If you ever watched a jazz documentary (PBS, History Channel etc.) you would be under the impression the only people that ever done anything in jazz is white folks. They attempt to convey to the viewer an image of whites as the ones who put the wheels in motion...
Reply

Re: Whites Do Not Belong in hiphop

isistah ·
Thanx for answering the questions on Jazz I posted in Arts & Entertainment. True, we have lost Jazz to white folx, but then we didn't fight to hang on to it either. Neither did we care to hang on to The Blues. Maybe Rap will be different since so many fans seem to want it just the way it is. Any artist who seeks to innovate is a sellout; any artist other than Black is an interloper. I would like to see it evolve or something new arise because, try as I might, I just don't like most Rap...
Reply

Re: The Elusive Quest for the "Black Conservative"!

Nmaginate ·
You are such a DUMBASS!! By that very standard (i.e. the news; aka the media), you give "LIBERALS" (please use something other than WHITE SPEAK!) every reason to be concerned with Black CONservatives who are grossly overrepresented in the [White] Media. DUMBASS!! You DEBUNK your own theory. If BLPF hold *TOTAL* sway over the Black Community then your Capitalist Co-Conspirators Theory is inherently flawed and problematic by this notion of BLPF having TOTAL "sway". DUMBASS... The prefix "CO"...
Reply

Re: Is God Perfect?

MBM ·
Certainly man could be wrong in anything that we conceive/perceive. That said, man's notion that God is omnipotent/omnipresent, perfect etc., while perhaps beyond our tangible senses, is accessible at least in concept. IMO - it is difficult to perceive of God as anything but perfect. How could God not be? Would God still be God if He were less than perfect? Maybe that's how we define "perfect" - God. Well, my entire point on this subject is that man is about as far away from perfect as we...
Reply

Re: Prez Obama: Democratic Voter Apathy Inexcusable, VP Biden tells Dems to Stop Whining

NSpirit ·
QUESTION: How can democrat voters be described as lazy and apathetic and at the same time be acknowledged for coming out in RECORD NUMBERS during the last election cycle? Hasn't NQuest already provided stats which debunk this myth of democrat voters being more apathetic than other voters in a previous discussion? How is it that voters who came out in record numbers to vote a democrat into office who campaigned on issues aligned with their interests....can be belittled as "lazy and...
Reply

Re: Prez Obama: Democratic Voter Apathy Inexcusable, VP Biden tells Dems to Stop Whining

EbonyRose ·
Reference: QUESTION: How can democrat voters be described as lazy and apathetic and at the same time be acknowledged for coming out in RECORD NUMBERS during the last election cycle? Hasn't NQuest already provided stats which debunk this myth of democrat voters being more apathetic than other voters in a previous discussion? Because that was only ONE election, N.S. ONE TIME in any memorable recent history the Democratic base turned out to vote in record numbers. That is why such words as...
Reply

Re: UC freshman applicants for 2013 a record high

Muhammad Cipher ·
White people are concerned for reasons that reflect the fear of Black and Brown not in opposition to each other, but to them. While many of us keep buying into the idea of making distinctions between Black (Original) people-they most certainly display a worldview that sees and acts on white and non-white. Even the language of a "minority (When we are the most populous on the planet) ceeds to their worldview. To say minority/minority or even worse majority/minority yields to that view.
Reply

Re: Mauritania: An Arab Love Affair With Slavery

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: What is it that you think I have made up? There is nothing in my post that I 'made up', although one part of it is my opinion, and I stated that much. But the issue at hand is the fact that African/Black people are being singled out to be enslaved in Arab controlled countries, as they have been for centuries now, and there is nothing about that system of enslavement that shows or points to it not being a racially caste system any less than system of slavery...
Reply

Re: Education Commentary

Xumbrarchist ·
14 things that are obsolete in 21st century schools http://ingvihrannar.com/14-thi...1st-century-schools/ Xum
Reply

Re: Dr. Umar Johnson breaks down propaganda

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: So what this brotha is talking about is the backdrop of what massa was willing to do to stop our progress and I'm sorry,...we LET him. See .... THIS is what I'm talkin' about!! We LET him!!! is the exact point I'm trying to make!! (Thank you for helping me be able to clarify myself, Ms. Koco!!) To me .... the fact that White people demonize us in the media (and elsewhere) is MOST harmful due to the fact - NOT that they're saying that's NOT true .... but...
Reply

Re: Did Kanye say something wrong?

Jalil ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Also Debunked http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n05/m...civil-war-insurgency I spent some time with African tribe victims of unspeakable and tragic genocide in Darfur. Some amazing people.It touched the heart. Who did it? The Janjaweed are a group of Arab partisans who were apparently involved in up to 400,000 murders not to mention rapes in an attempt to wipe out African tribes in Darfur. Janjaweed has been behind the genocide. Some of them were led by Muslim...
Reply

Re: Did Kanye say something wrong?

Jalil ·
Originally Posted by Jalil: Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Also Debunked http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n05/m...civil-war-insurgency I spent some time with African tribe victims of unspeakable and tragic genocide in Darfur. Some amazing people.It touched the heart. Who did it? The Janjaweed are a group of Arab partisans who were apparently involved in up to 400,000 murders not to mention rapes in an attempt to wipe out African tribes in Darfur. Janjaweed has been behind the genocide. Some...
Reply

Re: Did Kanye say something wrong?

Jalil ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: If you are genuinely seeking the truth then take the time to understand what's going on and what respective parties positions actually are and not what you think they are. The NOI is not "tied" to the Sudanese President has repeated like condemned all manners of violence and injustice all over Africa. What the NOI (and well informed groups, institutions and individuals of various backgrounds) does NOT do is play into sensationalist claims that are...
Reply

Re: The Myth Behind Public School Failure

Xumbrarchist ·
That is a reason for a National Recommended Reading List even if it has to be created by parents. I have been hearing about school reform for as long as I can remember. But I noticed for myself in grade school that I could learn important and interesting things from books without the teachers. The trouble is that it is very frustrating because most books are crap. So if children that want to learn just had a list of great books with short descriptions of what was great about them then lots...
Reply

Re: KKK Endorses Racist Don Trump

Momentum ·
Trump may try to recruit Ben Carson as his running mate, if that happens he could make an impression on many and relatively debunk the racist image but I still think Bernie, Hillary or Biden will beat him. But the prospects are real, the anger of white people is real so there is a real chance he could become president. LOL hell I would be like, damn, when are we going to get a break?
Reply

Re: KKK Endorses Racist Don Trump

Norland ·
If you're a racist, you can't debunk shit. He can prop up and make Buckwheat his running mate. I'll still see through his billionaire Porky Pig shit ass with the raccoon eyes and the blonde squirrel sleeping atop his fat head. Wherever George Wallace the Governor is right now, he's still an African hater and he was surrounded by nothing but Africans when his wrinkled ass was beyond recognition and damn near taking his last breath. Who can forget Strom's daughter who was damn near 100 years...
Reply

Re: Cop shoots teen dead prompting near riot in Mo.

sunnubian ·
Video: Police lied . Mike Brown was killed 148 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV Nov 20, 2014 8:31pm PST by Shaun King For 104 days, the police have lied and said Mike Brown was killed 35 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV. It was actually 148 feet. This distance is essential to the defense and how Darren Wilson must demonstrate that he " reasonably feared for his safety ." At the point in which Mike Brown ran half a football field away, how reasonable is it for an armed officer to fear...
Reply

Re: 11 Things White People Need To Realize About Race

Fabulous ·
10. "Reverse racism" isn’t a thing. Watch comedian Aamer Rahman debunk the term (really, do yourself a favor and watch this):
Reply

Re: I'll Be So Proud When My Daughter Is President and Runs a Corrupt Oligarchy

Momentum ·
I feel the same way and what got me to portend great things about Obama was that he was also Constitutional professor and because of that he would have a profound understanding of American history and could be a teaching president. And I respected that he was a community organizer. He who would project a benevolent vision rooted in history and in the moral axioms this country claims it subscribes to and debunk lies and propaganda and set some things straight in the minds of decent Americans.
Reply

Re: I'll Be So Proud When My Daughter Is President and Runs a Corrupt Oligarchy

sunnubian ·
Well said, well said! I also believe that is exactly what the vast majority of Whites who voted for President Obama expected and wanted from him too. The only thing that keeps me from turning my back on him and being just livid as we speak is the fact that I'm sure that there are other workings and goings on that the public[me] are not aware of that may very well be reasons he strayed so far from his many of his campaign promises; his holding back or making about faces may, in fact, be...
Reply

Re: Cop Suspended After Video Emerges Of Brutal Arrests At Teen Pool Party

RadioRaheem ·
Here's the fight that got the police called to the pool party. http://blacktimetravel.com/thi...n-in-mckinney-texas/
Topic

A Response to Imperialism by by Jomo Kenyatta

Afroman ·
A Response to Imperialism by Jomo Kenyatta Kenyatta's fable is cute but has a very serious message and reflects the European attitudes towards Africa and the process by which Europe took over. Once upon a time an elephant made a friendship with a...
Topic

Vietnamese file Agent Orange suit

ricardomath ·
Vietnamese file Agent Orange suit Agent Orange has been linked to disabilities in children Vietnamese victims have filed their first lawsuit against US companies that produced the toxic defoliant used by American forces during the Vietnam War. A...
Topic

Welfare, Fathers and Those Persistent Myths

EbonyRose ·
A somewhat long .... but rather interesting read!! Happy Father's Day!! Published on The Root (http://www.theroot.com)  Welfare, Fathers and Those Persistent MythsBy: Cynthia GordyPosted: June 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM Confronting the common...
Topic

More than 1 Million of the Undocumented Deported on Obama's Watch

Kocolicious ·
 By: Adam Serwer | Posted: September 21, 2011   President Obama meets with leaders at United Nations (Getty) Adam Serwer, in a blog entry at Mother Jones, uses surprising statistics to debunk the myth about President Barack...
Topic

The Top 5 Tax Myths To Watch Out For This Election Season

sunnubian ·
The Top 5 Tax Myths To Watch Out For This Election Season Posted on January 6, 2012 by Sara Share this now! Share this widely and get out the truth! MYTH #1: 47% of Americans do not pay taxes. Fact: All Americans pay taxes. MYTH #2: The American people and corporations pay high taxes. Fact: The US has the third lowest taxes of any developed country in the world. MYTH #3: Cutting taxes creates jobs and raises revenue. Fact: Tax cuts reduce revenue and are not associated with economic growth.
Topic

Top 5 FOX Myths To Debunk This Thanksgiving

sunnubian ·
Top 5 FOX Myths To Debunk This Thanksgiving Posted on November 22, 2011 by Angie Share this now! MYTH #1: The congressional Super Committee failed because both sides refuse to compromise. REALITY: The Super Committee failed because Republicans’ number one, non-negotiable priority is to protect millionaires and billionaires from paying even one more penny in taxes. 1 Democrats repeatedly offered deep spending cuts (far deeper than most progressives would like) in exchange for raising taxes on...
Topic

The Myth Of The Absent Black Fathers

sunnubian ·
The Myth Of The Absent Black Fathers January 17, 2014 | Filed under: Featured , Headlines | Posted by: Editorial_Staff 2 Survey show that Black fathers who lived with their kids are more involved with them than any other group AFRICANGLOBE – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently published new data on the role that American fathers play in parenting their children. Most of the CDC’s previous research on family life — which the agency explores as an important...
Topic

CNN Guest Says Depiction of White Jesus Has Been Used to Kill Millions; Shows 'History of White Supremacy'

sunnubian ·
CNN Guest Says Depiction of White Jesus Has Been Used to Kill Millions; Shows 'History of White Supremacy' By Matt Hadro | December 17, 2013 | 16:32 Author Tim Wise said on Monday's OutFront that the historical depiction of Jesus as white has resulted in slavery and genocide and "speaks to the entire history of white supremacy." "Here's the reality. The image of a white Jesus has been used to justify enslavement, conquest, colonialism, the genocide of indigenous peoples. There are literally...
Topic

The Myth Behind Public School Failure

sunnubian ·
Published on Saturday, February 22, 2014 by YES! Magazine The Myth Behind Public School Failure In the rush to privatize the country’s schools, corporations and politicians have decimated school budgets, replaced teaching with standardized testing, and placed the blame on teachers and students. by Dean Paton Photo by hxdbzxy/Shutterstock Until about 1980, America’s public schoolteachers were iconic everyday heroes painted with a kind of Norman Rockwell patina—generally respected because they...
 
×
×
×
×