Tagged With "African-American"

Reply

Re: Obama: ‘I’m not the president of black America’

EbonyRose ·
Unfortunately, the truth tends to piss some people off!!
Reply

Re: Minority Schoolkids Aware of Racial Stigmas

EbonyRose ·
Great article!!! I guess in the final analysis ..... the results show that the school system is what's ruining our kids!!! Our kids are not ruining themselves !!!
Reply

Re: 1 In Every 15 People In U.S. Live Under Poverty Line

Kocolicious ·
This is such a reality. And this topic really touches my heart cuz I have a few colleagues who have lost their jobs as a result of govt cuts...and they are mordified[sp] that they will NOT be abe to do the basics: pay mortgage, utilities, buy food....and then gas for their high profile cars. I mean it's hard for me to feel sorry for them[and I do feel for folks who are not in this particular situation but are suffering nonetheless as a result of not having a job]. The reason I can't feel...
Reply

Re: 1 In Every 15 People In U.S. Live Under Poverty Line

Noah The African ·
Somebody....anybody.....Koco has said something that I can agree with . I knew there was something that I liked about you . When you are not dillusional with your Obama worship.....you actually make pretty good sense. I'm jus sayin... Once Obama leaves office you will probably be able to get your job back....because your mind should clear up.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
I can ONLY speak for myself....I am MORE optimistic now [that we have BLACK president] than I EVER been since the death of my child-had lost all hope and confident not only in the judical system....but! Also in society as well. But! Despite the current wave we are challenged with today....I'sa feel soooooooooo good about the future. But! That's just me. Hal. La. Lu yer!
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Noah The African ·
Yeah....sometime Hope and Dope have similar affect. Withdrawl is a b'th though.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

EbonyRose ·
Well, I think it was a very well written article!! I would agree with everything it said!!! I also don't think there's anything wrong with being optimistic and having a positive outlook .... considering the alternative is to be pessimistic, negative and without hope. Considering where we've had to come from due to forced enslavement, Black people have pretty much ALWAYS had to be hopeful for a better day!! And thank God ... 'cause that's probably about the only way we've been able to achieve...
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Noah The African ·
Well....there is some kind of psychosis happening in the black community. Its akin to the psychosomatic reaction from a placebo, otherwise known as the "Placebo effect". President O bomb a produces the placebo effect upon our people. It's evidenced by another study, earlier this year, which indicated that blacks believed they were doing better now than 5 years ago, depite all the data that shows a marked decline in our standard of living.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
Noah! Why are YOU such a deliverer of negativity? Why are you MR DOOM? I would be very interested in knowing what kind of bed time stories you READ to your kids. Cuz man...I haven't heard you EVER say anything REMOTELY close to positive. Please....just tell me it isn't true. You are not the bearer of bad news. Please don't. Is there ANY thing you feel good about? Really. This is not a rhetorical question. I'm serious. I do know you have a sense of humor...but! What else is there about you...
Reply

Re: Ohio's Issue 2 hurts African-Americans most

Yemaya ·
The Union reform was voted down. 61% to 39%.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Yemaya ·
Who was that article written for??? And I was never questioned... I suppose that its because I'm not in the right group of blacks.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

roarin1 ·
Bulls*it. The amerikkkan media anymore is at best disingenuous and in reality, just flat out lyin'. And since when does the Grio align itself with NBC News and the WSJ? They say that statistics (in this case 'polls',) are like a drunkard leaning against a light pole, partially for illumination, partially for support. That drunk above needs some serious support....better still....rehab. Capitalist! Anything for a dollar! Oooohh just..... bulls*it !!
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Noah The African ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: I don't consider myself "Negative". If one is looking at the world through rose tinted glasses and they describe what they see......I simply point out the view without the tint. The speaker of truth makes few friends. Truth is often more painful, as well as stranger, than fiction. Hence, to bring truth is often to bring pain or discomfort. Pain and discomfort are, in turn, seen as negatives.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

sunnubian ·
Actually, African Americans have always been pretty optimistic considering the circumstances that many of us live under and the totality of our history in America. We always believe that things will get better or at least that there is a possibility of things getting better. We definitely know that many thing are better than they were. If African Americans were not optimistic, or at least more optimistic than pessimistic, we would let the gross racism in this country stop us, yet we do not,...
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
Noah the Africa:I don't consider myself "Negative". If one is looking at the world through rose tinted glasses and they describe what they see......I simply point out the view without the tint. The speaker of truth makes few friends. Truth is often more painful, as well as stranger, than fiction. Hence, to bring truth is often to bring pain or discomfort. Pain and discomfort are, in turn, seen as negatives. Yeah you are. The world consist of negative AND positive. That's how life is...
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
@ Sista Sunnubian. You are sooooooooooooo right! I am always fasinated with how you think. Brilliant. Absolutely. And the key to our existence is because we ALWAYS looked at life positively and optimistically....even as SLAVES! Yet a link dropped off during the aftermath of the civil rights movement. I think we DON'T love each other like we used to or maybe had to. I think we learned to be self-centered like massa....and the difference is we can't AFFORD to do that. Massa has always been a...
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Noah The African ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Don't integrate your PERSONAL pain into a discussion about politics. When the standard of living for African Americans is goiing backwards, and not forwards....the TRUTH is negative....regardless of how optimistic you are.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
I do what the HELL I want. Got that. Fun ended.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Kocolicious ·
Lemme say this again. I do what the HELL I want. Got that? Fun ended.
Reply

Re: Poll: Black Americans more optimistic, enthused about 2012

Noah The African ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Lemme say this again. I do what the HELL I want. Got that? Fun ended. Then you will continue to make no sense. Its always fun for me
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

Fine ·
LOL, Pretty much!
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

Cholly ·
Actually, Herman Cain is not on his own. He has AA's who really understand his pain & suffering.... Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas, "unavailable at the moment" Mr. Orenthal James "OJ" Simpson and Mr. "Calabasian" himself, Elderick "Tiger" Woods as confidants; true supporters of Cain's ilk who understand his troubles and also cherish his core beliefs and value systems as probably the only true/distinct "post racial" Black men who have and continue to be forever grateful; always on...
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

Kocolicious ·
Nawl....I disagree with the title....CAIN is an embarassment to the race. Cuz the first THANG he did was talk down to blackfolks as if he was better just cuz he had a white supporters. Now....who's LAUGHING now big man? They chewed you up and spit you out all at once. Didn't think they would do it...now did ya? See that's what he gets from talking out the side of his mouth. As if I guess he forget he was a manwhore. What black man...as a matter of fact, what MAN do you KNOW is gonna "help" a...
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

EbonyRose ·
LOL ... yep, it's amazing to me how ARROGANT Republicans/White folks can be sometimes!! It's like either they think that money can somehow shield them from the dirt they do ... or that they are just untouchable because they're White (or think they are, for the Black ones!!) and that sense of "privilege" and "entitlement" makes for some kind of Teflon coating that none of the bad or crazy shyt they do will ever come back and stick on them!! And sadly, in some cases it doesn't!!! Because, they...
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

Cholly ·
Quote by ER: "I mean ... I know Cain's no 'walk in the park on a Sunday afternoon' .... but, really .... I gotta ask myself ... is Cain, with an uncontrollable urge to chase down and pounce on White women like a 'dog-in-heat' really worse than an money-embezzling, home-wrecking, liar who uses public money for his own personal gain??" According to White Republican folks? Yes. Herman Cain is worse than embellezing, thrice married/adulterer/cheater Gingrich because (1 ) the timing of their...
Reply

Re: Blacks to Herman Cain: You're on Your Own

EbonyRose ·
True dat, Cholly!!! In essence ... Cain cheated/acted like a White man ... but he did it while "being Black"!!! And that's a no-no. Poor dumb ignorant fool.
Reply

Re: Lowe’s Is One of 64 Companies to Pull Ads From ‘All-American Muslim’

Yemaya ·
The system of white supremacy at work.
Reply

Re: Saving Government Jobs To Keep Playing Field Level

Yemaya ·
Maybe we need to rethink this entire attitude of getting government jobs.
Reply

Re: Saving Government Jobs To Keep Playing Field Level

sunnubian ·
I understand Yemaya, but government jobs account for a large chuck of the African American jobs pool. So, the thing is, also, that we need to see the attack on "government jobs" as an attack on the African American jobs pool. Because when you factor in the age-old racial discrimination, the neo-Obama racial discrimination, the already higher than average unemployment rate into the equation of the attack on government jobs you are looking at the African American unemployment rate reaching...
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

Xumbrarchist ·
ROFL When did we have it? Xum
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

Cholly ·
Add one more: Brent Bozell, the president of the Media Research Center, appeared on Fox News and said the President of the United States "looked like a skinny ghetto crackhead." Bozell was talking with Mark Steyn -- filling in for Sean Hannity -- about MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, who said in March that GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich looks like a car bomber. After Steyn joked that Gingrich just looked like a "big, ugly, slightly older Winnie the Pooh," Bozell wondered how long Hannity’s...
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

sunnubian ·
I think that Sharpton means it in the context of the 99% as apposed to the chosen few and predominately republican politicians who have high jacked this country from the general populous.
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by Xumbrarchist: ROFL When did we have it? Xum That's what I want to know. It sounds like a weak attempt at using the very language white supremacist, Libertarian Tea Party types use. Clearly, Rev Sharpton or the Left are very serious about change or take over. Another thing, they don't have a good grasp on language of propaganda.
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

roarin1 ·
I could actually feel kinda sorry for 'ole Al Sharpton sometimes, because he doesn't even realize that to the very people that he thinks he's 'threatening'...he's just a joke. Sad.
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

sunnubian ·
"I could actually feel kinda sorry for 'ole Al Sharpton sometimes, because he doesn't even realize that to the very people that he thinks he's 'threatening'...he's just a joke. ============================================================================ That won't happen until African Americans start to view Al Sharpton as a joke and are foolish enough to use a public forum to disrespect and denigrade him. I think Sharpton is well aware of how he is viewed by right-wing racists and that ilk,...
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

roarin1 ·
African Americans? Oh? Is that what YOU consider YOURSELF? Respect is earned never given . YOU would make such a comparison? (well, you actually...just did..therefore I'M obliged to answer thus..) THAT is a level of disrespect and denigration above and beyond foolish enough to have ever been used on a 'public forum'. But I'LL tell ya....'ya learn sumpthin new, every day'.
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

sunnubian ·
I'm not getting what you are saying Roarin, I meant no disrespect to you personally. But, yes, I do consider myself African American, because: In America and the West "African" is considered a race, The Black Race (I know that African is really a nationality, but in the West "African" is synonymous with Black Race People ) (the same way that White is synonymous with Caucasian, i.e. White Race People , for example) therefore, I consider my race African , i.e., Black Race and my nationality is...
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

Huey ·
You know what? My dad hated Jimmie Walker's character J.J. on "Good Times" because he was buffoonish as hell on the show. And seeing him in that photo with Ann "The Tran" Coulter (and her huge adam's apple), makes me realize that, my dad was right! He was ahead of his time.
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

sunnubian ·
Yeah Huey, and what is wrong with is face, his skin?
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: "I could actually feel kinda sorry for 'ole Al Sharpton sometimes, because he doesn't even realize that to the very people that he thinks he's 'threatening'...he's just a joke. ============================================================================ That won't happen until African Americans start to view Al Sharpton as a joke and are foolish enough to use a public forum to disrespect and denigrade him. I think Sharpton is well aware of how he is viewed by...
Reply

Re: Sharpton: “It’s Time We Take Our Country Back”

EbonyRose ·
The Rev. Al Sharpton's contribution to Black people and African America goes wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy BEYOND anything that MOST Black people have EVER contributed to our community. And most of those that disparage them would be hard-pressed to name another individual who has been able to bring about the positive changes in legislation, employment, respect, economic and educational progress that we enjoy today!! Both with and without MLK at his side. It is a tragedy of our ignorance who some of...
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

Huey ·
Originally Posted by sunnubian: Yeah Huey, and what is wrong with is face, his skin? I would say the blotches on his skin is from years of trying to wipe the "blackface" minstrel makeup off his face, for acting like a ghetto Stepin Fetchit, but I digress.
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

Cholly ·
Ann Coulter and Jimmie Walker at the 5th Annual TV Land Awards on April 14, 2007, in Santa Monica, California . EUR Exclusive: Jimmie Walker on Relationship with Ann Coulter. *In a recent interview, Jimmie Walker went on and on…and on about the love he has for his best friend Ann Coulter. Let’s take a moment to let that marinate. “Ann is Ann,” the “Good Times” star told EUR’s Lee Bailey. “She’s a great woman, I have nothing but good things to say about her.” Using words like “adorable” and...
Reply

Re: The top 10 most racist remarks of 2011

EbonyRose ·
I think .... yep, I'm pretty sure ..... that's just gonna make me puke!!!
Reply

Re: The man trying to train Africa's future leaders

EbonyRose ·
GREAT story!! I have a feeling he's going to be VERY successful with this!! And it's just the kind of thing that Africa - and really WE here in the U.S. - need to happen!!! However, and I hate to say it, but .... I think that the African youth that this is impacting will do a better job of actually following through with the mission and being successful with the project of this school than would happen here if it were the other way around. I've had the feeling for a long time that it would...
Reply

Re: Over 3,000 People Killed in Massacre in the South Sudan

Kocolicious ·
A youth troop in any other name is STILL a child soldier. These youngsters are forcibly killing innocent women, old men AND their peers againt their WILL. Mad men i.e adults are doing this to them. They are abducting[sp]/kidnapping these children from their villages....starving them as a psychological mechanicsm to breakdown their will....while doping them with drugs as a dulling component to encourage them to commit the most heinous crimes. UNICEF [and other like organizations] are working...
Reply

Re: Why Do Blacks Make Technology Popular?

Xumbrarchist ·
Is it a matter of buying stuff to be COOL? Is it just the current fashion? I was asking a man what applications he ran on his tablet yesterday. Nothing that a netbook could not do 3 years ago. But he LOVES the tablet. Xum
Reply

Re: Why Do Blacks Make Technology Popular?

Yemaya ·
Its about business. damn we are trend setters by nature.
Reply

Re: Why Do Blacks Make Technology Popular?

Xumbrarchist ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: Its about business. damn we are trend setters by nature. I know people with 5 phones sitting in a drawer. Some of them smartphones. When is trend setting dumb? I call it sliding down the bleeding edge. Xum
Reply

Re: Why Do Blacks Make Technology Popular?

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by Xumbrarchist: Originally Posted by Yemaya: Its about business. damn we are trend setters by nature. I know people with 5 phones sitting in a drawer. Some of them smartphones. When is trend setting dumb? I call it sliding down the bleeding edge. Xum Ok now you're exaggerating. Not good for substantiating a valid point.
 
×
×
×
×