Tagged With "black"

Reply

Re: A Sitting Texas Judge Called for the Hanging of A Black Suspect

sunnubian ·
Burnet County Judge James Oakley typed the words “Time for a tree and a rope” **************************************************************** Now, there is no way in hell that I'm anywhere near trying to condone what this killer did, or anyone out there ambushing and murdering innocent police officers, but I posted this because it is just one more of myriad of racist statements, innuendo, and outright threats, coming from America's racists BECAUSE of Donald Trump and his RACIST CAMPAIGN and...
Reply

Re: A Sitting Texas Judge Called for the Hanging of A Black Suspect

sunnubian ·
P.S.: Otherwise, "F" Otis Tyrone McKane, or any other cowardly ass person [Black or White, or etc.] that would ambush another human being and murder them.
Reply

Re: A Sitting Texas Judge Called for the Hanging of A Black Suspect

Kocolicious ·
He is a sitting judge who should be DISBARRED. He is supposed to be impartial and to POST his personal views on a case that he will judge? There should be OUTRAGE and a review committee meeting immediately to REMOVE him from the bench. Reminds of the Scotsboro Boys who were convicted before being tried. This judge have NO BUSINESS in court. None. But!
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

DennisKalita ·
She didn't get that this extreme election was not the usual BS. She helped Trump win by everywhere saying Clinton did not deserve our vote. Now she got it. …. talking to myself here….best thing I can do now is keep focused on positive and constructive projects.
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

sunnubian ·
I noticed that a lot of famous, etc., Black people where going around saying no one should vote for Clinton, or like Dave Chappell, when asked if he was going to vote, saying sh!t like, "What the hell for?" I didn't like her "super predator" reference either [though what was disseminated did not show all of it, where she was literally repeating what she had been told by someone else], but even if she said it outright and/or it was a term, phrase that she made up herself or she was expressing...
Reply

Re: ‘New Jim Crow’ author Michelle Alexander has a warning about Trump’s America

Kocolicious ·
There really isn't any mystery as to how to eradicate this approaching horror...we've already been through it. It's documented. All you have to do is follow the leadership of black women and men who made it had before. The only exceptional thing is that we are MORE powerful now than we were back then....we didn't have citizenship or the right to vote. Yes it is happening but it still can be STOPPED....as you say Brotha DK by being focused on constructive projective that instill real...
Reply

Re: This Case May Decide Whether People of Color Have a Vote That Counts

Kocolicious ·
This is why it is imperative to stay in tune with your congress. Be all up in the business. Cuz I knew this was next cuz they never eradicated during both Bush, Jr and Obama's presidencies. This has been on the table for a long time. Well...while West and Smiley were screaming about Obama, they were tip toeing behind our backs leaving this at bey until the right time. Which by the way is now. This will affect a lot of people including European immigrates as well-any immigrate for that matter...
Reply

Re: This Case May Decide Whether People of Color Have a Vote That Counts

sunnubian ·
Black people who refused to vote, millennials, women, Latinos, and all non-White minorities in America that refused to vote or who voted for Trump, still have no idea that they merely cut off their nose to spite their own face. They have no idea just how much power they have single-handedly put in the hands of America's most vile racists, most vile sexists, most vile Islamophobes, and most vile anti-immigrant hatemongers, who are either beholden to the most racist, xenophobic, sexist,...
Reply

Re: This Case May Decide Whether People of Color Have a Vote That Counts

Kocolicious ·
That's exactly what I've been saying my sista. They really don't know what they did. For some...it's now sinking in. I was talking to a student and I told her she have no idea what her generation has done. We've only had our human rights since the civil rights movement...now they gon to try and fock with that. All because of some snot nose and white trash. I just heard that some state has overturn the law about abortions or something like that and now it's opened to be eradicated there. Pro...
Reply

Re: ARE BLACK PEOPLE DYING FROM COVID-19, OR FROM INCOMPETENCE, INDIFFERENCE, OR/AND RACISM?

Kocolicious ·
ARE BLACK PEOPLE DYING FROM COVID-19, OR FROM INCOMPETENCE, INDIFFERENCE, OR/AND RACISM? ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!
Reply

Re: BOBBY RUSH HAS LOST HIS DAMN MIND! : TRACE Act: Democratic Rep. Bobby Rush’s COVID-19 Bill, HR 6666

sunnubian ·
It is time for Bobby Rush to retire and go sit his ass at home and spend time with his grandchildren before the late stage Alzheimer's he must be suffering from takes the rest of his senses. It's time for Reps . Rashida Tlaib of Michigan , Gwen Moore of Wisconsin , and Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida to be unseated by someone that won't throw African Americans under a freaking bus just to get their name on a Bill, or just to be listed as "co-sponsoring" a Bill, and/or, who knows exactly...
Reply

Re: ARE BLACK PEOPLE DYING FROM COVID-19, OR FROM INCOMPETENCE, INDIFFERENCE, OR/AND RACISM?

RadioRaheem ·
Re: ARE BLACK PEOPLE DYING FROM COVID-19, OR FROM INCOMPETENCE, INDIFFERENCE, OR/AND RACISM?
Reply

Re: ARE BLACK PEOPLE DYING FROM COVID-19, OR FROM INCOMPETENCE, INDIFFERENCE, OR/AND RACISM?

sunnubian ·
WOW. The level of ignorance of Trump supporters. Hell, "White men" created the "Corona Virus" [among countless other deadly diseases/viruses] for their Biological Weapons/Germ Warfare arsenal. So, evidently, White men are 'Conspiring to destroy America', and "subvert White men". But, what is he worried about, you know, since Trump Propaganda is playing on a loop "More Black people have/will get/will die from Corona Virus" [So stupid White people would be stupid enough to go back to work, not...
Reply

Re: BOBBY RUSH HAS LOST HIS DAMN MIND! : TRACE Act: Democratic Rep. Bobby Rush’s COVID-19 Bill, HR 6666

Norland ·
By the looks of things, perhaps his mind is lost in his ears. Damn, Bobby, you're funny looking as hell!!
Reply

Re: The Black "Progress Narrative" is Self-Defeating

Kocolicious ·
I agree that Blacks must start demanding instead of requesting. But we must also start respecting our cultures and the people in it and respect ourselves at the same time that's ONLY we can have any form of a Progress Narrative. It is only self-defeating when there's no self respect. We must there first. But!
Reply

Re: The Black "Progress Narrative" is Self-Defeating

sunnubian ·
I agree with him, too, provided that it is understood that to demand something does not necessarily have to be Verbal, that most of what we want has to be 'demanded' by our Actions [and non-Actions]. Ex.: Present/support candidates of our choosing, not chosen FOR us by Corporate Democrats. Move our money from non-Black banks to Black banks, or to Small Community Banks or Credit Unions. Stop boughing down to the West's 'Golden Calf', MATERIALISM. Unify to create Worker-Co-Ops to create our...
Reply

Re: Young African Americans are engaged in politics but aren't guaranteed to turn out in 2012

EbonyRose ·
Okay ... I have to admit that I found this article - with all it's facts and figures and sectioning and analyzing - somewhat confusing. I think I understand where he was trying to go ... but, I don't think I agree with his analysis in its entirety. I mean, I think there's no disputing that our youth are "under-engaged" in the political process. At least as far as actual VOTING is concerned. And I do believe that intellectually , many of our young people know and understand politics at a rate...
Reply

Re: 5-Year-Old Cuffed and Charged With Assault

EbonyRose ·
Today in Police Brutality: 5-Year-Old Cuffed and Charged with Assault Michael Davis is a hyperactive 5-year-old diagnosed with ADHD who frequently gets into fights at school. His mother calls him an "energetic, loving, good kid" who is misunderstood by school administrators at Rio Calaveras Elementary of Stockton, California. They disagree, frequently complaining to his divorced parents that he is a discipline problem. When the school didn't see any improvement, they took matters in their...
Reply

Re: 5-Year-Old Cuffed and Charged With Assault

Kocolicious ·
First of all, I don't BELIEVE in medicating children that YOUNG!!! Secondly, school officials are too quick to handcuff our children instead of using the tools and skills they went to college and supposedly trained for. Whatever happened to go to the corner? Whatever happened to time out and then contacting parents before sending him off to a psychiatric hospital? Whatever happen to steps to mitigate the problem prior to giving up and calling the police? On a five-year old? GTFOH!! See we...
Reply

Re: Newburgh Four: Poor, Black, and Jailed Under FBI 'Entrapment' Tactics

Yemaya ·
Shortly after these brothers were arrested, the story about an FBI plant was plastered all over the front page of the NY Daily News. He had been ratted out, given up and I believe was the same gentleman who attempted to sue the government for outing his cover. The majority of the black people in this area DO NOT BELIEVE that these men came up with and executed this plan on their own. I don't believe that they should be in federal prison for this. People that I know who knew these people from...
Reply

Re: Star Organizer Joins Obama’s “Operation Vote” To Rally Minorities

Noah The African ·
I don't get it. How come the President or his "handlers" don't want to "target" minorities (blacks) with POLICY, yet, its ok to target them to get their vote? In other words, the president believes its ok to target minorities (blacks) to HELP THE PRESIDENT, but the president does not believe its right to target minorities TO HELP THE MINORITIES (blacks). What the f'ck happened to the rising tide theory? His POLICY should raise the tide for everyone....meaning minorities (blacks) and whites...
Reply

Re: Star Organizer Joins Obama’s “Operation Vote” To Rally Minorities

nuggyt ·
Originally Posted by Noah The African: I don't get it. How come the President or his "handlers" don't want to "target" minorities (blacks) with POLICY, yet, its ok to target them to get their vote? In other words, the president believes its ok to target minorities (blacks) to HELP THE PRESIDENT, but the president does not believe its right to target minorities TO HELP THE MINORITIES (blacks). What the f'ck happened to the rising tide theory? His POLICY should raise the tide for...
Reply

Re: Study: Black teens less likely to use drugs than whites

Yemaya ·
So why are we the #1 group in prisons for drug offenses?? I know that it makes me scratch my head.
Reply

Re: The Black Pearl

sunnubian ·
Re: The Black Pearl
Reply

Re: The Black Pearl

sunnubian ·
Myrtle Beach Bike Week ® Atlantic Beach Bike Festival : A.K.A Black Bike Week This City Event is Every Memorial Day Weekend Atlantic Beach SC Atlantic Beach is a small Resort Town in Horry County, South Carolina. Located just south of North Myrtle Beach, Atlantic Beach was established around 1934 as an oceanfront community for African Americans. Nicknamed “The Black Pearl” it was one of the most popular resorts on the East Coast for African Americans during the years of segregation. Atlantic...
Reply

Re: The Occupy Movement, Gentrification and Black America’s Ancient Struggle

Xumbrarchist ·
And no discussion of cars and automobiles. How many Americans could have homes paid for if trillions had not been wasted on cars designed to become obsolete? But that brings up the issue of understanding technology to know if the cars are designed to become obsolete or not. But too often we just look at technology from the outside and only know as much as some palefaces decide to tell us. Xum
Reply

Re: Africa Lies Naked to Euro-American Military Offensive

EbonyRose ·
Mannnnnn .... this guy is sickening. He is a true testament to the ignorance of Black America's politics today.
Reply

Re: YOU FAMILY? CELEBS WHO WE DIDN’T KNOW WERE BLACK

Kocolicious ·
I knew about some of 'em. Like Carey, the Flash Dancer and Carol Channing....but! Totally surprised with the others. Although....Mr. Warren looks exactly like his father Michael[whom I met at a gas station years ago and yes he is FINE FINE FINE in person even with a bald head ]. Oh...BTW Michael Warren is a very nice, down to earth brotha. He was a perfect gentlemen when I recognized him in line and talked to me for a couple of minutes. Yum! Hey I don't forget a face....names? Well...that's...
Reply

Re: YOU FAMILY? CELEBS WHO WE DIDN’T KNOW WERE BLACK

Cholly ·
Vin Diesel, born Mark Sinclair Vincent, the son of Delora, a psychiatrist and astrologer. Diesel has Italian and black ancestry. Diesel has never met his biological father, and was raised by his African-American step father, Irving, an acting instructor and theatre manager. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, His father is of Black Nova Scotian (Canadian) origin and his mother is of Samoan heritage. Lori "Lolo" Jones, an American track and field Olympic athlete, whose ethnicity is an interesting mix.
Reply

Re: Historically Black Colleges and Universities Litigation

Yemaya ·
Wow. Now I wonder how this lawsuit will affect funding to other HBCUs in other states. This is definitely a landmark case that will need to be watched closely. Thank you for sharing this Sunnubian.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

James Wesley Chester ·
MY GOD!!!!!! And there's a before and an after movie waiting in the wing??????? FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! George Lucas knows how to do it!!!! LET'S BLOW OUT THE BOX OFFICE!!! JANUARY 20TH. PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

James Wesley Chester ·
Think about it. The movie about Medgar Evers was really the story of the attorney who prosecuted the man who killed him The story about the 'black' guy is always about a 'white' guy starred in the movie about a 'black' guy. Puhleez!!! PEACE Jim Chester
Reply

Re: Study: Black teens less likely to use drugs than whites

Kocolicious ·
Wow! Most times African Americans are TARGETED by prosecutors to do more time, even if it's same offense, than their white counterparts. It's been a legacy since the creation of the New World.
Reply

Re: Study: Black teens less likely to use drugs than whites

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Yemaya: So why are we the #1 group in prisons for drug offenses?? I know that it makes me scratch my head. ============================== You took the words right outta my mouth, Sistagirl!!
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
You're right JWC. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT GOES TO SEE THIS MOVIE TO MAKE SURE THAT THEIR TICKETS SAYS "RED TAILS" , SO THAT THIS MOVIE WILL GET THE CREDIT IT DESERVES WHEN IT COMES TO AWARDS AND RECOGNITION.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

sunnubian ·
Obama to host Tuskegee Airmen, cast of 'Red Tails' By Perry Bacon Jr. 3:00 PM on 01/13/2012 READ MORE: Barack Obama , Red Tails , Tuskegee Airmen , George Lucas , World War II COMMENT NOW President Obama and the first lady greet Tuskegee Airmen and the cast of 'Red Tails' at a White House screening (courtesy of the White House) President Obama on Friday afternoon will host the Tuskegee Airmen and the cast and crew of the new film about the pilots called Red Tails for a screening of the movie...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Well...I just found out that Lucas is dating a black woman named Melody. She is the financial analyst on Good Morning America and have had her own show on ABC talking about debt. I say this to say that maybe her input influenced Lucas' decision to make this movie. And maybe he realized that in his own country instead of in fantasy space, there are true life STORIES to be told that many "white" producers don't wanna tell. But! For whatever reason, I am glad that we finally have significant...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Here's hoping the Obama staff don't freak out and hold a press conference denouncing Wu-Tang when Method Man shows up.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
You know, over the weekend I read this commentary by Roland Martin which he entitled "Hollywood's irrational allergy to "Black" films" where he pretty much did a pretty good job of railing about Hollywood's lack of backing "all Black-cast films." I generally look at Roland Martin as an 'apologist' most of the time and am not impressed by what he has to say - and this time wasn't much different - but I think he did write a good article! However, at the end of it, my thought was that .... it...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Owning a studio isn't the only issue. The issue is in entertainment is distribution. You can own whatever you like, if the distribution channels are locked up between 3 or 4 companies, that's a bigger battle than most people know. It actually goes to the larger issue of media ownership. 5 companies own >90% of the media outlets.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
You know...it ain't rocket science yall. Black consumers are a trillion dollar industry. So I would go independent and just put it out there if I had the mola and talent. Trust me somebody will pick it up. Cuz I'm sure there are those like me who are JUST freaking tired of this white man in a white horse saving the day bullshit while folks are starving to death as a result of his legacy of colonalism. People are now looking for real life topics that correlates with what is happening now or...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Originally Posted by Muhammad Cipher: Owning a studio isn't the only issue. The issue is in entertainment is distribution. You can own whatever you like, if the distribution channels are locked up between 3 or 4 companies, that's a bigger battle than most people know. It actually goes to the larger issue of media ownership. 5 companies own >90% of the media outlets. =================================================== Okay. But ..... And .....??? I mean ... again, let me refer back to t he...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Dissident ·
Black folk and the Hollywood propaganda machine are talking about coming out to support Red Tails. But where were they when Spike Lee made Miracle at St. Anna? I wouldn't be so quick to embrace George Lucas. Lucas is the same producer accused of subliminally portraying black charactertures in his movies as buffoons and savages. Lucas knew well in advance whites in Hollywood weren't going to fund this movie, so why the media hype? If black people fail to see what's going on then they're...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Yemaya ·
Dissident, THANK YOU! I thought it was just me with these reservations.
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Muhammad Cipher ·
Originally Posted by Dissident: Black folk and the Hollywood propaganda machine are talking about coming out to support Red Tails. But where were they when Spike Lee made Miracle at St. Anna? I wouldn't be so quick to embrace George Lucas. Lucas is the same producer accused of subliminally portraying black charactertures in his movies as buffoons and savages. Lucas knew well in advance whites in Hollywood weren't going to fund this movie, so why the media hype? If black people fail to see...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Kocolicious ·
Speaking for myself I don't think it's a "white hope" move. But! There is not enough BLACK folks supporting black films and as a result many GOOD black stories don't get TOLD! I just want them TOLD. And told with truth....doesn't matter what race the producer. As a matter of fact, the film COLOR PURPLE wouldn't have gotten its props....if we had waited for a so-called BLACK producer to film it -wasn't gotta happen. And that was an epic film. I ain't waiting no more..that is for black film...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

EbonyRose ·
Mannnnnnnnnnn ..... you are SO right about THAT, Ms. Koco!!! And it's not JUST about (Black) movies or stories about us that Black folks don't/won't support each other in ..... I'm still trying to think of a subject matter where we are willing to "come together for each other" .... and support something that has to do with - and is good for - us. You let some tacky-ass, bleeped-out, scandalous, back-stabbing, 'baffoonis'h-type "reality show" come on TV and Blackfolks will get speeding...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Huey ·
Originally Posted by EbonyRose: Mannnnnnnnnnn ..... you are SO right about THAT, Ms. Koco!!! And it's not JUST about (Black) movies or stories about us that Black folks don't/won't support each other in ..... I'm still trying to think of a subject matter where we are willing to "come together for each other" .... and support something that has to do with - and is good for - us. You let some tacky-ass, bleeped-out, scandalous, back-stabbing, 'baffoonis'h-type "reality show" come on TV and...
Reply

Re: Hollywood Didn’t Want to Fund ‘Red Tails’ Because It Was All Black

Xeon ·
"We will NEVER get our stories told if we wait about for Black people to tell 'em. It may have taken a White man 25 years and his OWN money to produce this BLACK film. But at least SOMEBODY did it!! When a whole lot of other "somebodys" DID NOT!!!" This is very true. Tragically, American Negroes seem content letting others document their history. Their group indifference and apathy is shocking. Not that there is anything wrong with non-black authors writing or directing documentaries about...
 
×
×
×
×