- "The point is NOT that "janitors aint shit" or however else things were apparently interpreted." (-Frenchy, 1/19/06, 6:10 PM, Page 2)
- "And I would take a nice, respectful Plain Joe over a Denzel any day of the week. But that's not the issue." (-Frenchy, 1/19/06, 7:32 PM, Page 2)
- "I am not talking about the merits of a blue collar man. There's nothing wrong with a janitor or whatever else. I've expressed that several times now." (-Frenchy, 1/20/06, 5:43 PM, Page 2)
- "This is NOT about specifically dating Denzels and Halles. This is NOT about lowering dating expectations. It's not about speicifcally dating anyone at all really. It is an observation of WHAT IS." (-Frenchy, 1/21/06, 6:55 AM, Page 3)
- "I think we all know that the "perfect" partner doesn't exist." (-Frenchy, 1/21/06, 2:36 PM, Page 3)
- "And I NEVER said there was only the cream of the crop and everyone else was shit. In fact, I went out of my way to repeatedly point that out even though it was irrelevant to my point." (-Frenchy, 1/22/06, 4:04 PM, Page 3)
- "I don't give a shit what makes a particular woman the "cream of the crop" to a man. I'm only saying that there is such a thing as the "cream of the crop" and that is what I am referring to when I talk about each gender being allowed to pursue "the best" freely without being admonished to settle for something less." (-Frenchy, 1/23/06, 12:12 AM, Page 4)
- "This is NOT the point, AG. No one is encouraging women to date only a Denzel. No one is saying Denzels are the only quality men. No one is saying that we want the right to hold out for a Denzel. WOMEN SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION OF STRIVING FOR A "DENZEL" WITHOUT HEARING A BUNCH OF FRIGGIN LIP ABOUT HOW WE NEED TO REFOCUS/REVISE/RETHINK BECAUSE WE DON'T DESERVE IT OR BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GIVING THE "LOWER-RUNG" OF BROTHAS A CHANCE OR WHATEVER OTHER REASON." (-Frenchy, 1/23/06, 5:41 PM, Page 4)
quote:We're still waiting to see some of those criteria & standards for mates explicitly stated!!
Then you need to open up a new thread, D. Because that has never been what THIS thread was about. What you hope to gain from that, I don't know, because it will be a repeat of this thread. Women will answer the question about the ideal and men will shoot it down, like this:
quote:But my point is not that women need to "lower" their vision. They need to broaden/expand their vision.
Denzel/Doctor/Lawyer is tunnel vision.
quote:I'm glad my mom wasn't such an elitest. Otherwise, I might not be here! Maybe I'm an exception, but my non-Denzel, non high-status dad did a HELL of a job as a father (and my Mom's pretty happy too!).
quote:Women who think they're "lowering" standards by dating people on the list above DESERVE to be single
quote:This is why guys like me wind up with white women.
And this is when we are not even articulating what it is exactly we are looking for/hoping for. The mere suggestion of wanting the best possible mate brings out this filthy crap. Just like I said all the way back on Page 2. I would certainly not participate in any discussion where I actually detailed what I'm looking for in a mate, just so people could glide right over what I actually say and launch into their histrionics. Perhaps the other ladies want to go down that road.