I understand where Detroit1 is coming from...I live in Detroit, and the situation is a bit different than in other regions of the U.S.
Yes, there are SOME Black Women who make bad choices in their relationships and lives. As there are Black men who do the same...I grew up in a negative environment, and had to contend with the "negative-types".
Over the years, I've actually helped about twenty of these people (fifteen male, five female) to get their stuff together.
There were certain truths I've come to accept:
1) The universe is that which it is; not what we want it to be. Improvement takes time, hard work and dedication,
2) The challenge is to be the best individual you can be.
3) It is better to try and fail, than to never try at all"”the true failure is in never making the attempt.
4) You can sit on the side-lines of life if you wish to, but in doing so you lose the right to gripe.
5) When ever you see a person for the first time, one must remember that there's more to that individual's life than the moment when you first see them.
6) This is true for all. Yes, even the white guy in the BMW...He has to make payments on that car, and that house, and that suit and all the other stuff this society forces upon him. Most U.S. citizens are one payday away from disaster. The time/energy one spends hating is put to better use building one's life and improving one's situation.
7) Not all women are evil (I just had the bad luck of attracting negative women) and not all women are the marrying kind. (yes, the same is true of men.)
8) The easiest way to enslave a person is to give him everything he wants"”but first, he must be instructed what to want. (And never to question why he wants it.)