Bush wanted Aljazeera bombed.
- Let's wait till the memo surfaces. I am quite sure that there is something to the claims as Mirror has been gagged by the British government. Why the gag order if this story could be dismissed outright by publishing the document in question?
- When I heard about this yesterday, I dismissed it as soon as I heard the words Daily Mirror. Now, though, they've repressed the story using the Official Secrets Act ... it's clearly true and it sends a shiver down my spine. If the US was the beacon of justice it presents itself as, Bush would resign over this.
- Clearly this a complete load of rubbish. I do not exclude that some of the previous "accidents" may not have been accidental. However in this case there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that not even Bush would be stupid enough to go for you guys outside of a war zone and in a friendly country. As for being unbiased, you are no more or less biased than any other news organisation in reporting news from your own cultural perspective, as does the BBC ... but I certainly would not say you have no bias in your reports.
- I am delighted to see that there is some press organisation that is not afraid to speak the truth about what this evil America government is doing to pervert freedom and truth.
- Whether it is true or not, it is nothing new to me. Because this might have been the top agenda of Bush since Aljazeera started its unbiased coverage on the war. And considering the fact that the US army had already bombed the Baghdad office of Aljazeera martyring Tariq, such barbaric attacks are expected. However I stand by you Aljazeera especially during this time of crisis.
- If the story is fabricated why have the newspapers now been threatened with prosecution under the Official Secrets Act? As for lies and half truths, this is actually what Bush and Blair took us to war on, and they continue with lies and half truths now as they try to defend they indefensible.
- I think the gag order against Mirror has made a statement of its own: the memo is true! I would like to see the memo made public, and both UK and USA to come clean. I feel so sorry for the family of those media personnel who have been killed. Those "accidental deaths" are questionable in the light of this event.