34 Schools In Louisiana Told By District That Athletes Should Stand For Anthem

34 Schools In Louisiana Told By District That Athletes Should Stand For Anthem

It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Nearly three dozen schools in a Louisiana parish were told by the superintendent that student athletes should not kneel during the national anthem.

The controversy began Thursday after Intercept reporter Shaun King tweeted out a memo from the principal of Bossier Parish's Parkway High School saying students are required to stand or face consequences.

Parkway High School requires student athletes to stand in a respectful manner throughout the National Anthem during any sporting event in which their team is participating, the memo by Principal Waylon Bates said. Failure to comply will result in loss of playing time and/or participation as directed by the head coach and principal.

The demand to stand comes after NFL players, coaches and owners across the country knelt in defiance of President Donald Trump's attack on athletes for their peaceful protests over racial injustice.

In a statement to HuffPost given by Bossier Parish Superintendent Scott Smith, the district encouraged administration officials at 34 schools to make players stand for the national anthem.

In Bossier Parish, we believe when a student chooses to join and participate on a team, the players and coaches should stand when our National Anthem is played in a show of respect, Smith said. It is a choice for students to participate in extracurricular activities, not a right, and we at Bossier Schools feel strongly that our teams and organizations should stand in unity to honor our nation's military and veterans.

Smith cited living in a patriotic community close to Barksdale Air Force Base as a reason to pay homage to the American flag and stand during the National Anthem. He said that he would leave the ultimate decision to principals and their coaching staff. 

As Superintendent, my administration will be in full support of these school-based decisions, Smith added.

Smith, however, has failed to do some basic research. Respectful protests during the national anthem began when Colin Kaepernick, then a 49ers quarterback, took a knee in 2016 in protest of police brutality against primarily black citizens. 

People don't realize what's really going on in this country, Kaepernick said during an NFL media briefing. There are a lot of things that are going on that are unjust. People aren't being held accountable for. And that's something that needs to change.

The protest debate was sparked again when Trump blasted NFL players for taking a knee while simultaneously ignoring the more than 3 million Americans in Puerto Rico without power following Hurricane Maria. During a speech in Alabama, Trump remarked of NFL players kneeling: “Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. He's fired.

Trump's remarks only emboldened players to unite in the protest. Last weekend, the majority of NFL teams saw players taking a knee during the national anthem. In a recent HuffPost/YouGov survey, 48 percent of Americans said they know the protests are about police brutality, not disrespecting the flag.

And yet more than 30 schools in Louisiana, ranging from elementary to high school, have been told students are expected to stand. It's an issue that smells of lawsuits, with the ACLU already adamant that they will fight any school unwilling to let students express their First Amendment rights.

Backlash against other high school coaches demanding that players stand has been swift. On Tuesday, the head football coach for Tennessee's West Creek High, James Figueroa, told The Tennessean that his players would have to stand for the anthem.

We are not giving our kids the option to kneel, Figueroa told the publication. It's not going to be an option. This is what our expectations are at West Creek High.

Figueroa's interpretation of American excellence was quickly derailed when Clarksville Montgomery School District, which oversees West Creek High, learned of his comments.

He has been counseled about it, spokeswoman Elise Shelton told HuffPost. It's federal law and [a student's] right to do what they see fit. We weren't aware of that till we saw it in the paper.

Original Post

We're not protesting "America"; we're protesting WHITE PEOPLES' HATRED. They're consumed by it and it's beyond annoying. Whoever told them they're better than ANYONE, told them a GOD DAMNED LIE. All of them will end up just like HUGH HEFNER, taking not a thing with them;, smelling up the rafters.

IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL FOR ANY PUBLIC SCHOOL OR PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT RECEIVES ANY FUNDING FROM THE FEDERAL/UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, TO FORCE ANY STUDENT TO "PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE", OR "STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM"

Any school trying to force any student to do either is violating that student's Constitutional Rights;

Any school that retaliates against any student that refuses to do either or both is breaking the law, and violating that student's Constitutionally Protected Rights.

Any student either harassed or forced to do either, or who is harassed or retaliated against because of his/her refusal to do either or both, has grounds for a slam dunk lawsuit against the school and/or school faculty member, teacher, staff, official, etc. that has tried to force the student to do either or both.

The "Pledge of Allegiance" and the "National Anthem" is white folks shit. If their asses had stayed in the fucking caves of the Caucasus, this wouldn't be an issue. We didn't have a so-called "National Anthem" until 1931 or something like that. Ask these fuckers if we're "citizens" in this Vespucci Joint. I didn't take no fuckin' citizenship pledge, did you???????????? All black folks should tap dance during the bastard. Give them something to really talk about. Let "white folks" do the black face to the "National Anthem" and show it as the slave song/war song it really is  to the entire WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Get that black caulk going-on "white folks"!!!!!! Do whatcha like to do!!!!!!!! Then go to Puerto Rico and I'll betcha you'll find some water to re-whiten your faces then; drink; plus take a bath, quick, fast and in a hurry!!!!!!!!!! Electricity too!!!!!!!!! There's something wrong with "you people" big time. I apologize for being with you; but I had nothing to do with the situation and I'm too poor to leave your sick asses. Just hope I can continue living until I die with no mother's kid helping me get to my grave unless they're pall bearers.

The country is acting MORE and MORE like Trump.  Or....him becoming president is bringing out the TRUE America.  Not hiding behind fake smiles.  I rather see this....than be around whimsical white people.  Truth is better.  I wanna KNOW how you really feel.  So yall?  Know we REALLY know.  They don't give a damn about the Constitution....not if it's gonna make them uncomfortable and take away their privilege.  So.  It was ALL talk.  Now we see it for what it really is.  But!

Trump brought out the HORROR of "America". It has always been here, we just refused to observe the situation. Now "white" people are showing their flat asses and have no fear of repercussions and we're getting what we've ALWAYS gotten wrapped up in a Rose Garden. Their hatred's eating them up so badly, I can barely watch any of them on my TV. Faces all white and made up, hair of the dog; looking like exhumed 20 year corpses; what the fuck are these "people?" Who are they??? Europe, come and reclaim these assholes. Take your INSANITY back!!!!!!! Surround them with nothing with the exception of creeps that look identical to them. "Whites" ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would it be possible for you to do this tomorrow morning??????? All 300 million; don't leave a nary one behind. Place Orange Anus Mouth at the head of the pact.

You're right my sista!  They wanna tell us to go  home.  But refuse to even acknowledge what they sent us through.  It's all in history!  Their monsters and should be embarrassed attempting to pull off this fake we are the world bullshit.  Cuz it's falling apart big time.  And these are not old folks doing this.  It's the young ones so you know their parents and grandparents are teaching racism and passing it down generationally.  Good.  Put everything on the table.  And while you're at it?  Tell the focking truth.    Say if it weren't for our black asses you fools would still be serfs in Europe somewhere throwing pee out the window and not bathing for months.  Locking your women up during their periods and telling everyone the same lie that fool rapper Bob is sayin about the world being flat.  Say that it is because the SLAVES that brought yall up to average human intelligence where you understand how to self-govern.  Before yall weren't nothing but wild nomadic cults under the regime of a sick monarchy-which was why yall came to America in the first focking place.  So tell that...since you're telling everything. 

But you won't cuz that makes you look like the idiot Neanderthals you've been since realizing the open cave meant you can walk out of it...any time.   You're not gonna tell the truth about the excellence of America being built off the blood, sweat and death of over 100 million slaves....98 million that didn't make it but were the catalyst for the 2 millon [i.e. 1 percent] who did arrive in the new world.   Tell that.  Say all of yall couldn't do what all of us did to make this country great as why you brought us again...over here in the first place.  We earned the right to say we are Americans...even if we put African in front of it.   So if anyone needs to go home?  Take yall asses back to dark cold forest in the empty hollowness of Europe?  That would be yall.  But!

First of all, they need to stop lying about how "this is their country." They're from EUROPE some damn where. Are they even HUMAN?? I'm not "American." I was born here; I'm my mother's child and that's ALL I AM. If I'd have been born in Japan, I damn sure wouldn't be JAPANESE. I have melanin. I don't have to look like a fuckin' raccoon with white makeup all over my damn eyes, lookin' damn ridiculous. There's an anchor so damn white that if y6u look closely enough, you'll see his blood flowing through his veins. That's beyond pale; that's transparent. I'm tired of this "racism" shit and will no longer play along. This "racism" shit's some kind of psychopathic mental illness that afflicts so-called whites. They're crazy and ugly with this sickness and beyond dangerous. I sincerely wish they'd pack their fuckin' shit, bombs, nuclear and otherwise, guns, knives, nigger hatred and head their flat, funky asses straight back to polar bear country forever. I'm not seeing any "beauty" anywhere with these fuckers. I see nothing but danger and insanity surrounding all of them. Thoroughly tired of all of them and their shit. Although, I do have to admit that I rely totally on my dialysis sisters and brothers. They're my lifeline buddies and I need them and I exclude them and my doctors from this rant. I'd be heading to my grave without them.

I watch so damn many 4-legged animal shows to get away from them, I can barely eat a steak anymore. My television's getting as poisonous as they are. Too many animals; too many "whites"; not good for my well being. Amen.

I hear ya my sista.  Not all whitefolks are monsters.  There are a few.  The ones who helped us reach freedom. Other than that?  The rest of em are racists.  They  have the NERVE absolute NERVE to think they are the reason this country is powerfully strong.  They refused to look at real history.  And play this white washed Columbus discovered America bullshit.  And now that they are going nuts like that white man that killed 58 people in Vegas, we gon see more loonies out there.  They wanna say black people are the reason they kill.  No.  They've been killing........long before we were even in the picture.  So this?  Is all them.  But!!

It's funny when they dropped bombs all on the Iraquis' heads, Afghanistan, Syria, Vietnam, Korea, Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan, that's war. People and children being blown to bits everywhere. People just like them. Yet, when one of theirs rains bullets all upside their heads and blows their brains everywhere, it's the worst thing in the world that's ever happened. One asshole went ballistic upon thousands of people, injuring 527 and murdering 59. They've been talking about it non-stop for two days; on-going/non-stop!!!!

To the "white" man, no one's life is more important than his!! Ain't that something?? Look at him closely, and he's nothing but a "broke down boogie woogie." Can't walk, in wheelchairs, holding canes, can't stand up straight, built like the letter "z", ass flatter than a pancake, stomach so damn big his dick has joined Neverland. Can't find the sucker on a good or bad day.He's supreme, alright!!!! Supremely "looking like a 50 year old corpse". Sometimes their hair's orange and their face too with white makeup circling the eyes. Ain't a damn thing supreme nor superior 'bout that!!!! Just scary looking motherfuckers all and equally dangerous and murderous!!!

Add Reply

Likes (0)