Tagged With "More of the War on Black People"

Reply

Re: Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

kresge ·
CONFEDERATE HISTORY IS SUPREMACY HISTORY BY JULIANNE MALVEAUX Last week, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell proclaimed April Confederate History Month in his state. In fact he proclaimed the date on April 7, which is the same day in 1865 that Confederate general Robert E. Lee began to negotiate the terms of surrender with United States General Ulysses S. Grant. In some states, this day is considered Confederate Memorial Day, and Virginia is not alone is celebrating “Confederate History Month”.
Reply

Re: Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

Yemaya ·
I can understand Roland Martin's sentiment here. However, I don't think he quite hit the mark with his explanation which in my opinion shows some lack of research on this issue before presenting his argument. What I agree with: The Confederacy was in fact not only a terrorist organization but committed sedition and used the arguement of states rights over the Constitution and the Federal government. Putting this into context of today, we know that the Tea Party and their ranks use many of...
Reply

Re: The Despicable Act of Paying for Prisoners!

sunnubian ·
Your are correct. I have had several arguments with certain Black people that have the belief that they don't need to know anything about Black history, and especially anything about African history or Africa at all. It's not JUST a Black phenomenon, that holds true to EVERYONE. Look how soon Americans "forget" the job-killing, economy crippling policies of the prior administration or the one before that, etc. But, it IS or SHOULD BE more of an interest or concern for African Americans and...
Topic

The Black Caucus “Left” Wing Crumbles Before Obama’s War Machine

sunnubian ·
Black Agenda Report Home The Black Caucus “Left” Wing Crumbles Before Obama’s War Machine Submitted by Glen Ford on Wed, 09/24/2014 - 12:14 Printer-friendly version The Black Caucus “Left” Wing Crumbles Before Obama’s War Machine A Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford “Obama was asking for a do-over to fix his previous policies in Syria.” The ever-shrinking “left” wing of the Congressional Black Caucus crumbled last week, an early casualty of the new phase of President Obama’s...
Reply

Re: Man Says He Was Pulled Over by Police and Woke Up Like This

Norland ·
White men HATE black men!!!!!!!
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

Xumbrarchist ·
Wouldn't Black history address the fact that Black people from the West coast of Africs from 1500 to 1700 were not Christians? So why are so many Black Americans Christians today? Beware of history. Not only can it be white washed, it can be black washed. Xum
Reply

Re: PETITION: Sent to prison for using a restroom?

Fabulous ·
Oh my gawd! will it ever end? Another case of living while black …..
Reply

Re: The Despicable Act of Paying for Prisoners!

EbonyRose ·
I wish he had been a little more specific in how he planned - or how we as a community - could successfully accomplish this!! I mean .... is he talking about forming our own (opposition) "lobby" ... or "fundraising" for our own candidates to get these laws changed??? Should we be protesting/marching/demanding in the streets to shut down these private "hotel" prisons?? Or should be be aiming our arrows directly at the (in)justice system of courts, judges, DAs and PDs???? It's great that NYC...
Topic

Focusing On Prevention And Neuroscience, President Ends Reagan’s War On Drugs [?]

sunnubian ·
Focusing On Prevention And Neuroscience, President Ends Reagan’s War On Drugs Apr 24, 2013 By Paul Shepard Share 204 Share on email Being a college student at the time, I clearly remember when Nancy Reagan and the conservative wave in national government helped usher in the nation’s War on Drugs in the 1980s. Television news images of drug busts, large and small, along with the wholesale arrests and stiffer sentencing for anyone even suspected of drug involvement sent a clear message that...
Reply

Re: Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

Yemaya ·
I did forget one thing. The comparison to the Middle East and the U.S. putting troops on their sovreign territory is a horrible example. The nations of Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia are indeed sovreign lands with their own culture, history and heritage and are not a part of the United States. They have every right to consider U.S. military as foreign invaders, although Americans may not like it for 'political' reasons. The South did not. They agreed to be a part of the United States, signed...
Reply

Re: Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

EbonyRose ·
I think Roland Martin should consider taking Valium or some other sedative to calm himself down.
Topic

Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

Cholly ·
(CNN) -- Based on the hundreds of e-mails, Facebook comments and Tweets I've read in response to my denunciation of Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's decision to honor Confederates for their involvement in the Civil War -- which was based on the desire to...
Topic

The Despicable Act of Paying for Prisoners!

sunnubian ·
Russell SimmonsFounder, GlobalGrind.com  The Despicable Act of Paying for Prisoners! The greedy, corrupt prison lobbyists and their bosses are back at it again using false and misleading statements and statistics to scare the public...
Topic

[THE WAR ON THE BLACK RACE]: The Attack On Africans (Black People) Writing Their Own History- Asa Hillard

sunnubian ·
Attack On Afrikans Writing Their Own History - Asa Hillard    
Reply

Re: 3 People In Custody In Shooting Of 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters In Minneapolis

Norland ·
They're trying to prove the point that Black lives really don't matter to anyone really, except ourselves. If Black lives mattered, they would end them without an ounce of feelings like they're ended by them and us. We've become everyone's target practice.
Reply

Re: #NoJusticeNoLeBron Trends in Wake of Non-Indictment of Cops in Tamir Rice Shooting

sunnubian ·
I think it should be a collective effort by ALL Black athletes, not just LeBron; all of them on every team in America from college to the pros, and all at once.
Reply

Re: Open Plea To Black Gangs In America

Yemaya ·
Originally Posted by Kocolicious: Good luck with that. This was idea addressed by Min. Louis Farrakhan at his most recent Savior's Day event. Though the idea of enlisting armed black men to protect the community is not a new concept, enlisting gang members to call a truce to help black people is not a good idea mainly because of their mindsets. Malcolm X offered a better idea when he wanted VietNam vets to help train black men all over the world to help defend Africa and the US black...
Reply

Re: [THE WAR ON THE BLACK RACE]: The Attack On Africans (Black People) Writing Their Own History- Asa Hillard

sunnubian ·
I know that this is not new information, but is is new to many people, therefore, it is important that it be posted, and re-posted, and disseminated among Black people and far and wide as possible.
Reply

Re: Black Philadelphia Woman Gets Trial, Says Cops Falsely Arrested Her for Refusing to Let Them in Her Home

RadioRaheem ·
i'm glad she is fighting back...Black people....we dont have any rights!! At least fighting this in court will bring this to light!!
Topic

American Violet

sunnubian ·
See:  http://www.africanamerica.org/topic/dozens-released-in-tulia-texas-drug-bust   " 17% of the town's Black population was rounded up one day and hauled off to jail accused of drug dealing and trafficking"     A single mother...
Reply

Re: Man Says He Was Pulled Over by Police and Woke Up Like This

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Norland: White men HATE black men!!!!!!! Yet, a large percentage of Black men are more worried about whether or not Black women are loud or "angry", etc., etc.
Topic

Open Plea To Black Gangs In America

sunnubian ·
  THERE NEED TO BE AN IMMEDIATE TRUCE BETWEEN THE BLOODS AND THE CRIPS, WE NEED THESE SOLDIERS TO HELP PROTECT THE BLACK COMMUNITY, FOR WE ARE UNDER ATTACK BY RACIST COPS, RACIST GROUPS, AND RACIST INDIVIDUALS... NOW IS THE TIME TO STANDUP...
Topic

DR.VELU ANNAMALAI: AFRIKANS (the "Untouchables" "Dalits") IN INDIA

sunnubian ·
DR.VELU ANNAMALAI: AFRIKANS (the "Untouchables" "Dalits") IN INDIA
Topic

The Biggest Forms Of Psychological Warfare Used Against Black People

sunnubian ·
Headlines The Biggest Forms Of Psychological Warfare Used Against Black People By Editorial_Staff - Jan 9, 2017 Blacks are deliberately fed negative images of themselves AFRICANGLOBE – The System has declared psychological warfare against us and many of us are very unaware and ignorantly blind to the psychological warfare that is being constantly used against us. An excerpt that I’m using from a previous article that I wrote: “One of the rules of psychological warfare is when you want to...
Reply

Re: Black Philadelphia Woman Gets Trial, Says Cops Falsely Arrested Her for Refusing to Let Them in Her Home

Norland ·
If black people acted towards white people the in the ways white people act towards black people, there'd be no black people or any other people anywhere on this earth. All there'd be on the planet is dirt, trees, mountains, polluted waters and a couple roaches. These bastards would obliterate allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll life. There's something seriously, seriously wrong with the Dog Cousins and there's no one alive capable of setting the plight right, whatever...
Reply

Re: Black Philadelphia Woman Gets Trial, Says Cops Falsely Arrested Her for Refusing to Let Them in Her Home

sunnubian ·
RadioRaheem posted: i'm glad she is fighting back...Black people....we dont have any rights!! At least fighting this in court will bring this to light!! I'm glad she is fighting back too. This story paints a picture for you to see the corruption, racism, illegal acts, and violations of Black people's Constitutional and Civil Rights that has to take place in America for America to EVER have a prison population that is predominately Black, especially where women's prisons are concerned. It...
Reply

Re: “Three Good Reasons Why People of Color Should Question the Drug Legalization Movement”

Yemaya ·
At the end of the day, how can legalizing weed benefit Black people in anyway?? That is my own thoughts regarding questioning this legal marijuana movement. The state governments will regulate it so tightly that most of us wouldn't even be able to comply within reason and they will still drag our black asses to jail. A no win situation for us. IMO.
Reply

Re: #NoJusticeNoLeBron Trends in Wake of Non-Indictment of Cops in Tamir Rice Shooting

Kocolicious ·
I disagree with this. That man has a RIGHT to make a living. It is not his responsibility to be the poster boy for justice. Every black person should be. If that's the case then let those who suggested it QUIT their jobs. See? There black people go again trying to get somebody else to do their focking work. LAZY! They can't call the shots on someone's else life. That's focking ridiculous. How about teaching your kids in the comfort of your home BLACK HISTORY? See folks are talking out the...
Reply

Re: Wisconsin Arrests Blacks Children at Four Times the Rate of Whites

Norland ·
If black cops were doing this to white people there'd be no black cops in existence. They'd manage to blow every black cop straight to Hell in a nonosecond. LAPD would be emailing Lean Cuisine instructions and probably including donations for a house(s). House Baking of Negroes. Whatever, there'd be no black cops if the tables were turned. Probably would be the very end of Black anything in America. The End, Amen.
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

Romulus Burnett ·
That's funny. Really it is. It's funny. I prefer to keep the discussion "alive" by responding with accomplishments you've made in the black community, NOT repeat the same helpless question: 'What is we gon' DO in our commUNNNITY to help our childrens!?!?!' No. That's not a conversation. That is a cry for help. We already KNOW how to cry for help. The black community has been crying for help for too long. Since before I was a member of this discussion board I've taught in several schools in...
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

RadioRaheem ·
Did You Know That Memorial Day Was Started By Ex-Enslaved Africans? One of the things that most black people know is that the public school system does a horri ble job teaching black history. They will gladly tell you all the wonderful things that white people did and maybe even go back to Europe, but the contributions of African Americans are kept entirely on the backburner. A fact that you should probably know is that African Americans are the reason that Memorial Day even exists in the...
Topic

The Black Matrix: The Social and Psychological Warfare Against Black America

sunnubian ·
The Black Matrix: The Social and Psychological Warfare Against Black America April 12, 2013 | Filed under: Featured , Headlines | Posted by: Editorial_Staff Blacks are deliberately fed negative images of themselves by the white controlled media AFRICANGLOBE - Through its national media outlets the U.S. Government is using fraudulent propaganda to adversely manipulate and shape the minds and collective perceptions of its Black populations. The constant relentless bombardment with deplorably...
Reply

Re: Do You Know About the US Drones in Africa?

sunnubian ·
Originally Posted by Norland: If America can barely tolerate "her" kidnapped Africans, why the heck is she going to care about Africans in Africa? THIS is exactly what is wrong with this picture; the very idea of a racist, Black people hating country like America actually giving a damn about Africans, or doing the right, just or fair thing where Africans are concerned. If I had to choose between China and America in who Africans should trust, I would have to choose China, because I know how...
Reply

Re: The Army's "Policy" of Racial Extortion and Racial Discrimination

RadioRaheem ·
Update... http://www.blackenterprise.com...rgeting-black-women/
Reply

Re: Chinese State Media Fights Claims of Racism After Changing ‘Star Wars’ Poster [But China Is All Up In Africa]

Momentum ·
Wow, they can't put the main character on an advertisement because he is black. Just shows how badly Black people are marginalized around the world. We must somehow pull together a working and self sustaining diaspora.
Topic

AIDS, Opium, Diamonds & Empire

sunnubian ·
             
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

Xumbrarchist ·
All of this talk about history and we never hear about this: The Negro, by W.E.B. Du Bois http://www.gutenberg.org/files.../15359-h/15359-h.htm It has been free on the net since 2005. All I ever hear about is Souls of Black Folks but who has read it besides me? Xum
Reply

Re: “Three Good Reasons Why People of Color Should Question the Drug Legalization Movement”

Huey ·
Is it just me, or people who are trying to make certain drugs legalized because it would make America REALLY look bad to the world if the jails were filled with the majority of people who take drugs (i.e. "white folks") instead of black and brown people filling the jails?
Reply

Re: #NoJusticeNoLeBron Trends in Wake of Non-Indictment of Cops in Tamir Rice Shooting

GoodMan ·
I don't understand asking Lebron to not play...as if that would do anything. Just because we might be Black doesn't mean we are on the same team and on top of that. Lebron wants to be a billionaire...he ain't gonna say anything or do anything controversial. When has a grand jury decision ever been reversed anyway?
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

sunnubian ·
What you are suggesting is great, however, WE HAVE TO keep the discussion alive by 'any means necessary', because even the mere discussion educates, enlightens and motivates. To stop the discussion of the Black Experience in America, the African American Experience in America, Western Imperialism of Africa, Our History, Our Issues and Racial Politics of America and throughout the Globe that affects peoples of African descent/the Black Race, would be equivalent to living on D'Nile, NOT...
Reply

Re: Chinese State Media Fights Claims of Racism After Changing ‘Star Wars’ Poster [But China Is All Up In Africa]

sunnubian ·
See, the Chinese FULLY understand PROPAGANDA and the effects it has on the psyche. Unfortunately, the vase majority of the Black race does not understand Propaganda and its effects or refuse to acknowledge it because its more convenient and less work to keep your head buried in the sand. The Chinese do not want the Black man to be seen as a hero. They do not want Chinese people seeing Black males as heroes, and they do not want Chinese women seeing Black males as sex symbols. China is in the...
Topic

Go to DC to Fight for Black Self-Determination – Not for Clinton and the CIA

sunnubian ·
Go to DC to Fight for Black Self-Determination – Not for Clinton and the CIA Submitted by Glen Ford on Tue, 12/20/2016 - 20:52 Black Liberation Movement A Black Agenda Radio commentary by executive editor Glen Ford Black folks who should be shouting defiance to racists from both parties will instead hurl insults at Vladimir Putin and join hands with the CIA and war profiteers next month, in Washington. However, there will be another presence in DC. The Black is Back Coalition “will declare...
Topic

3 People In Custody In Shooting Of 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters In Minneapolis

sunnubian ·
3 People In Custody In Shooting Of 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters In Minneapolis Updated November 24, 2015 8:57 PM ET i Minneapolis police cordoned off a section of road in north Minneapolis late Monday night after five people were shot. Doualy Xaykaothao/MPR News Update at 8:40 p.m. ET Three people are in police custody after five people were injured last night as gunmen opened fire near the site of a Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis. Early Tuesday afternoon, police arrested one...
Reply

Re: Lawsuit Says Another Missouri City Was Funding Itself By Fining Residents for Sagging Pants, Mismatched Curtains And Other Petty Claims

GoodMan ·
Originally Posted by Momentum: I thought these gaddam crackers revered freedom, liberty and small government? Bullshyt! That's only Liberty, Freedom and all that shit is for White folk... Since Black folks no longer slaves and can't do everything for them, now they use a poor Black tax aka ridiculous fines for bullshit and then on type of that, they lock Black people and make them work for pennies and nickels. White folks are hellbent of squeezing everything out of Black folks. Vampires, the...
Reply

Re: Chinese State Media Fights Claims of Racism After Changing ‘Star Wars’ Poster [But China Is All Up In Africa]

sunnubian ·
GoodMan posted: The East Asian is more racist/colorist than White people are... Facts. Any Asians of any persuasion that hate Black people are no more that just more of your run-of-the-mill White boot-lickers. They don't know any Black people. No Black person has ever did anything to them. They have no reason whatsoever for being racist against Black people. Their racism against Black people is purely White ass kissing. They conjure up some hatred or dislike for or racism against Black...
Reply

Re: The Mis-Education of Americans on Black History

Romulus Burnett ·
I know this is a discussion board and all....But this SAME topic was discussed decades ago. If you think I'm lying, then go check my archives. The SAME result came about: A couple members expressed their knowledge of unadulterated, unfettered black history. Whoopty doo. People get mad at whitey and then move on to the next topic--problem deferred. This is the equivalent of screaming the theory of relativity into a storm drain. Nothing but echoes--Nothing gets done. If you really want to...
Reply

Re: #NoJusticeNoLeBron Trends in Wake of Non-Indictment of Cops in Tamir Rice Shooting

sunnubian ·
Momentum posted: I don't think its fair to LeBron James, Blacks need to stop looking for a hero we need to band to together across the board. LeBron while meeting his contract obligations can help in many other ways and it also takes the focus off the killers of Tamir Rice and puts the spotlight on LeBron James. It completely shifts the issue from what needs to be in the spotlight. Of course Black people need to "band together across the board", which would include LeBron James and each and...
Topic

The Pre-K to Prison Pipeline: Black Preschoolers Labeled ‘Violent,’ ‘Problems,’ Suspended Nearly 4 Times More Often Than Whites

sunnubian ·
T he Pre-K to Prison Pipeline: Black Preschoolers Labeled ‘Violent,’ ‘Problems,’ Suspended Nearly 4 Times More Often Than Whites June 18, 2016 | Posted by David Love Tagged With: Black Preschoolers , black student suspensions , black students disproportionately disciplined , pre-k programs , preschool to prison pipeline With increased public awareness of the racial disparities in the criminal justice system, policing and mass incarceration, more attention is paid to a school-to-prison...
Reply

Re: Ending the War on Drugs

TheRealDeal ·
RE: "Ending the War on Drugs" Just like any other business endeavor (legal or illegal), as long as a steady supply of customers exists to make the sale of illicit drugs, profitable, there is very little that any government official/agency can do to stop drug trafficking, illicit drug sales or use, etc., etc. Furthermore, crying about going to prison for committing a criminal act that he or she truly committed is useless. The best weapon against illicit drug use is to not be a user or engage...
×
×
×
×